Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.

Author's Note: OMG-- FEEDBACK! U guys actually like it! *Sigh* This is such a fantastic ego boost!
FEEDBACK!!!




Hunter
part 2
by P_Effect





I heard them coming one day; coming earlier than usual. Even being locked up in a cell has never been able to throw my internal clock off, one of the few things Parker hadn't ripped from me. I head the thump of one pair of male shoes, and the padding along of a pair or sneakers, coming closer to me...But these were going much slower, much more cautiously in their steps...And there was another noise accompanying them...the click of heels, high ones from the sound of it.

Their voices swam to my ears, making their way through the blaze of pain that was surrounding me. The bones that had been broken during my initial subdument had never been taken care of, and even 29 levels down, I could feel the pressure in the atmosphere that yelled to me that it was about to rain. The woman's, low and strong, speaking of strength and power was husky with the intensity she was demanding from it. The first male's voice was old and wise, speaking of fatherly concern for those around him. The second male's was jittery and nervous, a squirrel on caffeine who was watching for the neighbor's cat anxiously.

"...sure? I mean, this place is really, really creepy!"

"Don't be such a spineless puddle of geek goo, Broots. I'm going to find out why I didn't know about this level if it lands my ass in a T-Board."

"I don't think that is what Broots is worried about. I believe he is more concerned about *his* ass landing in a T-Board."

"I know. But I really don't care about his ass as much as my own, so Brootsie boy, you're along for the ride. Freud, however, can back out anytime he wants to."

"You question my courage?"

"No, I question if your insane enough to want to do this with me."

The lights flashed under the door. "Hold up, give me a hand with these locks." I sensed, more than heard, the rusty locks creak open. The pain was intense now, screaming in my brain and burning my nerves. The door was pulled open, and light searched the room. "I don't see any...oh my God..."

The light burned against my tightly closed eyelids. I groaned in agony, the combination of the brightness against my so long unused eyes and the pain from the pressure finally causing me to react vocally. Heels walked in, and a cool hand checked my pulse. The pain was so intense!

"Help me...plea..." The hand withdrew quickly, and the Shoes and Sneakers came in.

"My God, how long has he been down here?"

"No idea. But I think it's about time he got a glimpse at sunlight, don't you?" Heels turned her voice back to me. "Can you hear me?"

I nodded. "Yes..."

"Do you think you can stand?" I swallowed thickly, my mind quickly weighing the pain against my abilities. "I think so..." Shoes and Sneakers grabbed a hold of both of my shoulders, while Heels helped keep my neck from flopping all over. My teeth remained grit hard in pain, my eyes clenched hard together.

"Turn your light out, Broots," Heel's ordered. He did as commanded, and I could now give Sneaker's a proper name. Heels gently touched my cheek. "Open your eyes, mister..."

"Hunter," I grunted as I tried to comply. "Jonathan Hunt..."

My eyes, now opened, were staring into a face that I recognized with such complete clarity, that I felt my head spin.

"Catherine..."

The world went black, and I lost my grip on everything but that face, ignorant to every stimuli except the chilling cold that those ice blue eyes sent down my spine.

*Unconsciousness is becoming too close of a friend to me*, was my last thought as I greeted it once again.