Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: see Chapter one

~~~~~~~

To End The Evil
Part 7


Cooking together


Cooking together with Parker was fun. They had found enough food in the fridge to cook dinner.

Jarod swiftly included her into the preparations and Parker soon started to relax.

It was as if she in deed had freed herself from the influence of the Centre.

The little girl that had once brightened his day started lurking out of the shadows the Centre had made her live in.

Over the course of the evening Parker fell back into her ice-queen roll several times but with every time that she superseded this persona the little girl came back faster.

They worked together all the while chattering, quickly rebuilding the connection they once shared. They talked about many things they never had a chance to talk about. Things like films, music, books and much more.

They were both having a great time and enjoying themselves immensely, content that they could share this time with the each other.

They had found some cheese, some hem, a few eggs, milk, whipped crème, some salad and spaghetti so they had decided to cook Spaghetti Cabonara. Well it was more Jarod’s decision and it was also due to his cooking skills that they got such a meal out of it.

Parker was impressed at how Jarod had turned her few food possessions into a wonderful meal. She probably would have gone to the supermarket and bought something you just had to heat in the oven, after seeing what was in her fridge.

Now, Parker sat at the table making some salad while Jarod stood at the stove and prepared the Cabonara sauce and kept an eye on the spaghetti.

“…Yes and when Raines picked up the receiver, awaiting Brigitte’s call to tell that she had captured the prized pretender, and it wasn’t Brigitte but you on the other end… You should have seen his face! It was priceless. Oh, he was furious. I thought he would have a fit,” she laughed.

“Oh, I can imagine! I heard his voice, remember?!? But to be honest, I was pretty lucky to be chained on a pipe with hot steam. It could have easily ended otherwise,” he shivered thinking about the consequences.

“Oh, believe me, I was worried, too. Not just about your safety but about Broot’s, Sydney’s and also mine. If Brigitte had caught you the first time she was given the chance to do so, the Centre would have wondered what ‘we’ did all the time. They would have concluded that we didn’t try and they wouldn’t have been amused,” she shook her head. “To be honest, I was scared. That T-Board wasn’t something I would repeat willingly.”

“That’s for sure! Any other time you attended a T-Board you were on the other side of it, right?” he asked.

“Yeah, and even that wasn’t a pleasant experience,“ she acknowledged. “But tell me, what did you say to Raines on the telephone?”

He looked back over his shoulder, a smile gracing at the corner of his mouth.
“I told him that it was just Jarod speaking to him and that he could come and pick up his blonde.”

Parker looked up and over to Jarod. He still stood at the stove looking over to her.
Simultaneously they both burst out laughing.

“No, you didn’t!” Parker gasped between fits of laughter.

“Yes, I did!” Jarod replied, also trying to catch his breath.

“My goodness, now I can understand why Rains looked as if he had bitten into a lemon,“ she still giggled.

“Brigitte also wasn’t that pleased to wake up chained to the pipe and gagged,” he grinned. “Must have been quite embarrassing to be freed by a sweeper-team!”

Again they broke into peals of laughter. Parker reached up to wipe away a tear that was slowly making its way down her cheek.

After finally sobering, Jarod turned his attention back to the sauce. He took out a spoon to taste it.

“Hmm?“ he murmured, frowning.

“What?” Parker asked, getting up from her place and stepping behind him.

“I don’t know. What do you say?” he questioned refilling the spoon.

He turned slightly to offer the treat to her and she opened her mouth.
She closed her eyes savouring the flavour of the sauce.

“Hmm. Quite ok but something is amiss,“ she mused.

“That’s what I thought,” he agreed.

“It’s the salt. Put a little more into the sauce,” she said.

After complying with her wish he again offered her the spoon first to refill it for himself afterwards.

“Yes, now it’s good,” she exclaimed.

Jarod’s face brightened.

“Where did you learn to cook that good, Jarod?” she questioned.

“I take this as a compliment,“ he said.

She rolled her eyes. “It was meant as such.”

“Thanks. I once did a pretend in a quite fancy restaurant. Very interesting what you can create with food,” he crooked his head.

“I’m sure it is,” she said, the tone of her voice clearly giving away that she didn’t believe him.

“You would be surprised. Maybe I can cook something for you when I have more food at my disposal,“ he looked at her.

She just shrugged and walked back to the desk to finish the salad.

He followed her moves with his eyes.

“Hey, boy wonder. I think it’s time to take the spaghetti out of that boiling water,” she called.




To be continued…