Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: see Chapter sixteen

~~~~~~~

To End The Evil
Part 62


Home again


“Hush,” Jarod silenced them with a finger on his lips. “Angelo, you can sleep in the guest room downstairs. I’ll show you where it is,” he whispered. “Mel, I think we should take your brother upstairs with us to the master bedroom.”

Parker nodded. Before she could grasp her brother who was fast asleep in Jarod’s arms, Jarod was already gone with Angelo swiftly following him.

She smiled and shook her head. When Jarod had reappeared in the lair in Blue Cove where he had left her several hours before and he had her little brother in his arms, she had hardly believed it.

Even through her tears she had been able to see her little brother’s eyes lightening up when he had seen her after venturing as far as take a glimpse at his surroundings.

She shook out of her reverie and walked upstairs, taking hers and Jarod’s overnight bags with her.

When Jarod joined her in the bedroom only a couple of minutes later, she had already changed from her clothes into one of Jarod’s t-shirts. He chuckled softly when he saw her. She had started wearing his shirts on the trip and he didn’t mind at all.

Jarod signalled for her to lie down and so that he could put the boy down next to her. He planted a soft kiss on her forehead after doing so and quickly straightened to get out of his clothes as well.

Sitting down on the bed, he rubbed his burning eyes.

Parker stretched up and put a hand on his shoulder. When he looked up at her gesture, she nearly gasped at the fatigue in his eyes.

They had left Blue Cove the moment Jarod got back from the Centre. He had driven them to the small airport near Dover where they had arrived with their plane. From there on he flew all the way up to Canada and insisted on driving home himself.

Up to this moment he had seemed fine but now that they were home and everything finally registered, she could see how worn out he really was.

It was not even five o’clock in the morning and the rest of their group that had stayed home was still sleeping.

“Come on, let’s join him in his sleep,” she nodded towards her brother. The boy had fallen asleep in her arms during their travel and had yet to wake up.

Jarod sighed and laid back. Parker let herself fall into the soft mattress and drew a deep breath. Jarod’s arm came up from behind and circled around her midsection.

She snuggled closer and soon they were both fast asleep.

~~~~~~~

Sydney shuffled into the kitchen and started the coffee. His eyes were still half closed when he tapped into the living room with his mug. He nearly dropped his coffee when he saw Angelo sitting in front of the huge window that overlooked the valley with the lake. “Angelo,” he breathed.

Angelo turned and flashed Sydney a big grin.

“So Jarod and Parker are back right?” Sydney asked, recovering from his surprise.

The empath’s head bobbed up and down, making Sydney smile.

“Sydney? Are you there?” The Major’s voice called quietly.

“Yeah, Charles. I’m back here in the living room,” Sydney called back equally quiet. Shortly afterwards, the Major’s head appeared in the doorway and he stopped short.

“Who is that?” He blinked, not really awake.

Sydney chuckled. “Charles, this is Angelo. Angelo that’s…”

“Friend’s dad,” Angelo interrupted and grinned proudly.

That got the Major’s attention. “They are back?” He asked.

Sydney shrugged his shoulders. “It seems so.”

“I haven’t seen them in the kitchen,” Charles frowned.

“They certainly came back late tonight… or early this morning that is. I would think that they are still asleep,” Sydney replied.

“Hey dad, Sydney,” Jay greeted when he entered the living room. His gaze came to rest upon Angelo. He looked up at Sydney. “I might be wrong but I take it that this is Angelo, which means that Jarod and Melina are back.”

Both Sydney and the Major nodded.

“Well, the family is back together then,” Jay grinned and went over to Angelo.

One after the other, the rest of their group got up and every one of them welcomed Angelo after coming down and finding him and the rest of the family in the living room. The tension passed away slowly when the realization Jarod and Parker were back sank in.

Though the television news had been full of the Centre’s demise, not only the company in Blue Cove but also in many other parts of the world, it was good to have the people that went into the lion’s den back in safety.

It was around noon, when Jarod finally showed up. Parker was still upstairs but he had the little boy with him that had roused them from their sleep.

The boy sat on Jarod’s shoulders when the pretender came down the steps and into the living room.

“Jarod,” Emily was the first to spot her brother. She flew towards him with a big grin on her face, hugging him.

Jarod smiled at the turned heads and the relieved and curious glances.

Emily crooked her head up towards Parker’s brother. “And who might you be?”

The boy on Jarod’s shoulders tightened his hold on Jarod and gave the people a wary glance.
Jarod chuckled. “It’s ok, little man. They won’t hurt anyone,” he soothed. “To answer your question, Em; this is Parker’s little brother. Little one, this is mine and Meli’s family,” Jarod looked up at the boy.

In that moment, Parker joined the people in the room. She came up behind Jarod. Putting a hand on his arm, she looked at her little brother and then at the whole family that was gathered in the living room. Parker was welcomed back into the family as warmly as Jarod and soon everyone sat on the breakfast table, talking and laughing.



The end!


Author’s note: People, that was some ride but now it’s done!!! We got to the end. Well, not exactly.
“To End The Evil” is finished. This tale is told but there will be more to come. We still have some things to accomplish and distance to walk. The first part of the prophecy is fulfilled – the old Centre has been brought down – but now the next part of the prophecy is about to start; a new beginning.

You can find the sequel here: