Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: see Chapter sixteen

~~~~~~~

To End The Evil
Part 59


Starting the war


“Do you think you can fly alone or do you need me to come with you to get you back to Canada in one piece?” Ethan asked his brother mockingly.

Jarod rolled his eyes. “Very funny. We meet with agents from the big bureaus tomorrow and the day after and not with Centre gunmen like the last time. I think we will be able to get out of that alive,” he told his brother.

“What a shame, I would have loved to come along,” Ethan chuckled. “But if that’s what you want,” he shrugged his shoulders and grinned. “Get on the plane and start the war.”

“Will do!” Jarod grinned back, hugged his brother who returned the embrace and then turned to board the jet. He started to warm up the engine while Parker was still outside with Ethan.

“Take care,” she said earnestly.

Ethan smiled. “Don’t worry about us. We will do just fine until you come back. It’s not like we can’t survive two or three days without you,” he told his sister.

Parker playfully slapped his arm. “Then I can go,” she smiled.

Ethan drew her into a hug. “Yes, ‘now’ you can go.”

Parker returned the hug before she let go of her brother and got onto the plane.

~~~~~~~

“What about this one?” Parker asked stepping out of the changing cubicle.

Jarod turned and just stared at her, his eyes wide open. Parker was wearing a tight red silk dress with thin straps. The rear was cut low so that her back was left bare down to the base of her ribcage. The dress itself went down to her ankles and gently swung around her legs.

It fitted her perfectly.

Parker smiled at Jarod’s face. “I take it, you like the dress?”

Jarod only nodded, speechless. He swallowed. “It’s perfect,” he breathed.

“When exactly is the dinner invitation?” She asked.

“Seven o’clock,” Jarod answered, still stunned.

Parker chuckled. “And, is this dress enough for the fancy restaurant we will go to?”

“Yes, I don’t think there is anything against that,” he replied.

“Good,” Parker grinned and walked over to where Jarod was, giving him a sweet kiss that he gently returned.

~~~~~~~

“Jarod,” the voice called cheerfully.

Jarod smiled and walked over to meet their contact to the FBI.

“Danny,” he took the offered hand and drew the man into a hug. He was a tall, handsome man in his early thirties with dark hair. Over the course of the evening, Parker should see that there was a constant twinkle in his green eyes.

“It’s good to see you again,” the agent stated and then turned towards Parker. Quirking an eyebrow and shooting Jarod a grin, he extended his hand to her, too. “And you are…?”

“Danny, that’s Melina. Melina… Danny,” Jarod introduced them, shooting Parker a look to go along with his calling her by her forename.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you,” Danny said.

“The pleasure is all mine,” Parker replied and shook the offered hand firmly.

Once everyone was seated and drinks and dinner was ordered, Danny sobered and looked at Jarod. “Ok, as much as I would like to think that, I don’t believe that you arranged this dinner to introduce me to your friend, Jarod. You said on the telephone that you needed to talk to me. I take it this is not an official visit,” Danny half asked, half stated and observed Jarod closely.

Jarod returned Danny’s look unaffected. “Well. You are right; I didn’t arrange this to introduce you to Melina. But on the other hand you are wrong, too. This ‘is’ an official visit,” Jarod said.

Seeing that he had Danny’s attention, Jarod went on. “Danny, I need you help,” he breathed. “Wow, it’s harder to start than I anticipated. Ok, I’ll just do this point blank. I have incriminating evidence on a big corporation; evidence that I want to be used to bring down that corporation.”

Danny frowned and looked at Jarod doubtfully. “I guess you better start this from the beginning,” he instructed and Jarod nodded.

~~~~~~~

“Ok, wait. You mean to tell me that this corporation – The Centre – kidnapped you when you were a boy and held you captive for years until you escaped a few years back?” Danny questioned doubtfully and frowned.

“Yes, that’s exactly what I mean to tell you,” Jarod said calmly.

“And you have proof supporting your accusations?” Danny asked.

Jarod snorted. “More than enough.”

“I want to see this evidence of yours before I forward anything to my superiors,” Danny stated, gesturing with the glass of wine in his hand.

“Ok,” Jarod shrugged, unimpressed. “That is only fair.”

“Do you plan on getting any other agencies into the case?”

“Yes, I do,” Jarod replied, nodding.

“Do you have contacts or shall I arrange something?” Danny questioned further.

“No, you don’t need to do anything more than get the evidence to your people and get the case rolling,” Jarod shook his head.

“When can I have a look on the evidence?”

“As soon as you want,” Jarod answered evenly. “We have everything in the hotel safe. You can either follow us to the hotel or I will get everything to you tomorrow to your office.”

Danny contemplated this. “If you don’t mind, I would like to get a look on it now, so that I can get the case onto the board first thing in the morning. If it’s anything like you just told me, I think we better get that case on the top of the list.”

Jarod smiled and nodded. Parker quickly noted the subtle changes in his posture. She had witnessed that at Danny’s statement, Jarod had relaxed considerably and the tension had left his body. To most other persons who didn’t know Jarod as good as she did though, his posture hadn’t changed at all.

~~~~~~~

“You ok?” Jarod asked when they sat in the car. Danny wanted to follow them with his own car and now they were waiting for Danny to drive up to them so that they could lead the way.

Parker nodded tiredly. “Yeah, it’s been a long day.”

“Are you ok with Danny coming along?” He asked, suddenly feeling bad for not really asking her earlier.

“Yeah, sure. Better get over with it as soon as possible. We couldn’t back away from that now anyway,” she shrugged.

“Sorry I didn’t ask you earlier,” he grimaced regrettably.

Parker put her hand over his. “Don’t worry. It was right what you did. I wouldn’t have done anything else,” she reassured him.

Jarod nodded shortly. “I also want to apologise for telling your forename. I know that you don’t like giving it to strangers but I didn’t want to go along with your family name. Danny is very sharp witted and I had to mention the Parker’s in my tale. Even if I gave him much information at once, Danny might have gotten the connection.”

Parker brightened. “Ah, I thought so, but it’s good to hear that explanation.” She smiled and then bent over to capture his lips in a soft kiss. “You are still tense, Jar. Relax. Everything will work out. Danny is a good guy and he will help a great deal,” she soothed.

Jarod sighed and rubbed a hand over his eyes. “Yeah, you’re right. Thanks.”

~~~~~~~

“You have a copy that I can take with me?” Danny asked Jarod.

Jarod shook his head. “No, this one is the copy you can take with you. We have several other copies that we are going to hand to the other agencies.”

Danny nodded. “Ok. Then I will take these. You were right. This is explosive stuff and you can be sure that we will act on this. I will take it on the board once I get to the office in the morning,” Danny said and extended his hand to Jarod.

Jarod shook it. “That’s good to hear.”

“I might need you to come over sometime tomorrow,” Danny declared.

“I know and I will come when you need me. Just give me a call and I’ll be over shortly after,” Jarod reassured his friend.

Danny shook Parker’s hand and then left the hotel room.

Jarod closed the door behind him and then leaned his back against it. He sighed deeply.

Parker put a hand on his shoulder. “Hey. We accomplished a lot tonight. Relax,” she encouraged him.

Jarod looked at her and the smiled slightly. “I know. It’s just a bit much all at once,” he hugged her.

Parker put her head on his chest and returned his embrace. They stood there, he with his back leaned against the door, gently hugging each other.

“God, I’m glad when this is finally over,” Parker breathed.

“Me too,” Jarod whispered into her ear.

She withdrew somewhat and looked at Jarod. “I think you were right with trusting Danny. He was the right one to approach,” she said.

Jarod smiled and nodded.

“We are on the right way, Mel. We are on the right way!” He bent down and dropped a feather light kiss on Parker’s lips.

“Yeah, I think we are. And everything will work out,” she assured them both once more.

Before Jarod could pull back completely, she folded her arms behind his neck and drew him down again.

He eagerly complied with her wishes and kissed her again. “Have I told you how much I love you lately?” He whispered.

She smirked and frowned in mock contemplation. “No, I can’t remember you doing so.”

“Then I will have to correct that mistake,” he growled and kissed her fiercely. The kiss quickly deepened. Jarod snatched her up in his arms and held her to him.

Laughing at his move, Parker bent down and captured his lips once more.

Jarod carried her over to the bed and gently laid her down onto the soft mattress. He tenderly caressed her cheek with his hand. His head hovered over hers.

Parker smiled and stretched up to steal another kiss.

While Jarod’s one hand resumed the light caress of her cheek, the other travelled downwards stopping only shortly to stroke her belly and then continuing his journey down her leg. He tugged at the fabric to get access to the skin of her legs.

Parker ran her hands through his hair and she drew his head even closer.

Jarod’s mouth slowly left hers and then followed her cheekbone to the base of her neck. Parker moaned in pleasure and bent her head to give him even more access to her skin while her hands roamed up and down his back.

Jarod slowly lost himself in his feelings. He wasn’t sure if Parker would back away again.
He stopped short and looked down at her. His eyes were dark with arousal. “Parker,” he breathed.

She returned his look, her eyes as dark as his. She knew that Jarod gave her the opportunity to back away but she suddenly realized that she didn’t want to back away anymore. She wanted more… she wanted him.

Suddenly, she rolled them around so that she was on top of him and then bent down to kiss him. “Don’t stop, Jar,” she whispered against his lips and kissed him again.

Jarod gently put his hand behind her head and drew her to him to deepen the kiss.

Kisses and caress grew more and more heated and intimate and soon they both surrendered their passion.


To be continued…