Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: see Chapter sixteen

~~~~~~~

To End The Evil
Part 58


It will begin


“Where is Jarod?” Sydney asked the Major when he entered the kitchen and didn’t see Jarod around.

The Major turned to face Sydney. “He is outside with his sister. I think they are finally talking. Emily has some difficulties to get along with you folks. I don’t think she likes the direction Melina’s and Jarod’s relationship turns to,” Charles explained, smiling slightly.

Sydney quirked an eyebrow at the mention of Miss Parker’s forename but he kept quiet. Though Parker had told Broots and him to call her by her forename, he was astonished that she had included the Major into this. But on the other hand, she had been fairly relaxed around Jarod’s father throughout the day. Maybe they had decided to call it a truce and join forces.

~~~~~~~

Parker walked into the computer room in the basement. “Hey boys,” she called.

Broots winced at the sound of her voice and she smirked, walking up to him from behind and leaning in close.

“Broots, I’m not that threatening anymore, am I?” She asked and quirked an eyebrow.

“N-no… well,” Broots stuttered, falling back into the roles they had inhibited for several years at the Centre. No one other than Miss Parker held the power over him to make him fall back into the covering computer tech but even that was already starting to get better.

“Look, I don’t even have my gun anywhere down here, so relax,” she whispered into his ear, making him shudder. Parker grinned widely when she saw the tech’s reaction. She straightened and took a step back to give Broots some more room again.

“Ok, force of habit I guess,” he shrugged and then nodded. He turned his attention back to the computer screen, trying to divert his attention.

“Where is Jarod?” Parker asked the other people in the room.

Jay frowned. “I think he went upstairs about an hour ago. Isn’t he up there?”

“No, I didn’t see him,” Parker shrugged.

“Maybe he is somewhere outside,” Ethan pointed out.

“Yeah, you’re right. He is probably on the porch,” Parker nodded, remembering that Jarod loved sitting outside. She turned around and then went to the door. Before she was out, she halted in her movements and then turned back to walk to her brother again.

Parker leaned over his shoulder. “I think, I forgot to thank you,” she said.

“You don’t have to,” Ethan grinned widely.

“Good, then I can concentrate on kicking your ass,” she snarled.

Ethan and the other two turned to her in astonishment and a little shocked.

“Trying to pair us, didn’t you?! Not only talking to me but also to Jar,” she shook her head mockingly disappointed.

Ethan grinned sheepishly and Jay and Broots chuckled in the background.

She narrowed her eyes and then started laughing. “Thanks little brother,” she hugged him from behind.

“You’re welcome, Melina,” he whispered into her ear and dropped a light kiss on her cheek.

~~~~~~~

Jarod stretched lazily and breathed deeply. He smiled when Parker’s scent invaded his consciousness. Burying his nose in her hair, he inhaled again.

She lay next to him, her back pressed to his bare chest. He gently encircled her. It felt good to slowly wake up in the morning with her lying next to him.

He blinked suddenly. His sleep hadn’t been interrupted by nightmares since she had been next to him. In fact they had both slept peacefully the last two nights. He smiled and then silently entangled himself from Parker’s slender form.

Jarod got up and walked over to the bathroom. In the doorframe he turned and looked at her again.

Maybe all of this would work out in the end.

~~~~~~~

Jarod walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. He went over to the counter and started coffee.

It was early. The others were still sleeping. Though they had been in bed only long after midnight, he was already wide awake again.

He was used to sleep little during the night and the fact that he was able to sleep peacefully and not wake up screaming or at least sweating profoundly, was enough to get him out of bed already.

Even if he wanted to stay with Parker, he was yet curious if there already was an answer from Angelo.

Grabbing a mug, he filled the hot coffee into it and then wandered out of the kitchen and down to the basement.

He started his computer and quickly accessed the internet. Sure enough a small sign blinked, telling him he had received an email. Opening it, he scanned the contents and started smiling.

It was from Angelo and he told him, that he had already started the virus program.

Obviously emotions were running high in the Centre. Everyone was tense as to what would come over them. Raines and Lyle were trying to prepare everything for a strike they were awaiting for from Jarod and Parker.

Jarod chuckled and shook his head. These two idiots were still thinking that they would only get problems from Jarod and Parker directly. They prepared everything for a strike that wouldn’t come. At least not out of the direction they thought it would.

Now that everything was started they wouldn’t be prepared for the strike that Jarod had in mind, the strike that would be lethal to the evil doings of the Centre.

They wouldn’t be prepared for the authorities. Jarod chuckled once again. Raines and Lyle were so focused on their private war with Parker and himself that they wouldn’t even think about such a thing.

Until now Jarod had never brought in the authorities so they had no reason to fear such interference now.

This would make the execution of their plan even easier. Raines, Lyle and the other key players wouldn’t be prepared for the authorities and they wouldn’t be prepared to run away.

The Centre was obviously in fight- and not in flee-modus. They wouldn’t be prepared for the force of the strike that was to come and no one would get away.

Jarod leaned back and took a sip of his coffee. Suddenly a pair of arms encircled him from behind.

“Hey,” Parker murmured into his ear.

“Hey yourself,” he mumbled back and turned his head so he could give her a kiss on the cheek. “I didn’t think you were awake already.”

“I wasn’t but the bed got cold without you,” she whispered and ran her nose up his cheek.

Jarod shivered slightly. “Well then, I think I have to say I’m sorry now,” he mumbled distractedly.

“Uhu,” she gently placed a kiss on his neck.

Jarod moaned while bending his head. With a swift motion he turned around with the rotating chair and drew her onto his lap, making Parker giggle. He started nibbling on her earlobe. “Well then, how can I possibly make it up to you?” He smiled and kissed her fiercely. Parker sat on his lap and grinned against his mouth. She was still clad only in a bathrobe.

Jarod’s hands left the position they held on her back and moved down. He peeled the cotton away to gain access to the skin of her legs. Running only the tip of his fingers over her flesh, he sent shivers down her spine.

“What did you do up at this hour anyway?” She breathed when Jarod’s mouth left hers.

“Angelo,” Jarod answered distractedly, planting a tail of kisses on her flesh.

“Did he reply?” She asked.

Jarod nodded his head and trailed her cheekbone with his mouth.

“So he started the thing?”

“Yes, he did,” Jarod answered, stopping his ministrations and paying attention to the tone in Parker’s voice again.

She had tried to distract him purposefully and she sat on his lap with much tension in her body. Reading her body language, he quickly noted the stop signs and uncertainty she sent out. Jarod smiled and bent to capture her mouth again.

“Hey, don’t worry. One step after the other, remember? I just got carried away a bit,” he whispered against her lips and then gave her another kiss.

Parker breathed deeply and relaxed. “Thank you,” she murmured back. “I’m sorry. It’s just… everything moves so fast.”

Jarod withdrew but placed another kiss on her lips. “Don’t be. This is new for both of us. I told you that I could wait and I meant it,” he looked her in the eye and smiled when she nodded. “Yeah, Angelo already started the virus program. He tells that everyone is pretty tense in the Centre and that they are preparing for a strike out of our direction,” Jarod said, answering Parker’s question.

Parker grimaced.

“Don’t worry. They won’t be prepared for the strike we will execute. They don’t prepare for an authorities’ strike but for one directly from us,” he grinned and winking he added, “Idiots”.

Parker chuckled and leaned against Jarod. “So when do you want to hand the evidence over?” she asked.

“We calculated that the virus will need two days. I think it would be best if we leave for Washington tomorrow,” Jarod replied, tilting his head to the side.

“We?” She questioned her eyes wide in wonder.

Jarod leaned back a short distance to watch her. “You wanted to come, didn’t you?” Jarod asked back puzzled.

“Yeah but wouldn’t it be better if they don’t know me at all before we go to the meeting to get the Centre into our hands?” She voiced her thoughts.

Jarod smiled and shook his head. “I thought about that, too. But I think it might be not that bad if they knew your face before. Maybe that will give us some more points to bargain with later,” he paused and then mimicked: “She was with me when I gave you the evidence, remember?”

Parker nodded thoughtfully.

“Then you still want to come?” He asked watching her carefully.

Parker looked at him. “Yes, of course I still want to come,” she stated firmly.

“Good,” Jarod grinned and stretched to give her another kiss.

“Tomorrow then?” She asked and Jarod nodded.



To be continued…