Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: see Chapter sixteen

~~~~~~~

To End The Evil
Part 47


Getting better


Jay quietly opened the door and poked his head through it. He then opened the door a little further so that Ethan could get a look as well.

“Should we wake them?” Jay asked his brother quietly.

Ethan shook his head. “No, let them be. We can check on Jarod’s condition later.”

“Doesn’t look that bad, does it?” Jay whispered and winked at Ethan who started chuckling softly.

They shut the door and left Parker and Jarod sleeping in the room.

~~~~~~~

Jarod woke up to the sensation of a body pressed into his. He blinked and opened his eyes. When he looked down and realized Parker was lying besides him, he smiled happily.

She lay on her side and her head rested on his shoulder. He turned his head slightly toward hers and breathed deeply.

Sighing contently in her slumber she snuggled even closer.

Jarod just lay there, watching her when her eyelids started to flutter and then blinked open, revealing her beautiful blue eyes.

“Morning,“ he smiled.

“Hi,” she rasped back, her voice still thick with sleep.

Jarod stretched and dropped a kiss on her forehead. Parker smiled and snuggled closer, her hand on his belly.

“You make a good pillow, you know that?” she said.

Jarod quirked an eyebrow playfully. “Really?”

“Yeah, I think you have the job,“ she grinned.

He chuckled. Parker smiled when his soft laughter vibrated in his body.

“I think, I’d better get up and join the rest,“ she sighed, not all that pleased to face the rest of Jarod’s family.

“They can wait,“ Jarod smiled. “Just stay for a little longer.”

“Since you asked so nicely,“ she smirked.

Jarod playfully growled at her and she laughed softly.

~~~~~~~

Jay looked at his watch. It was nearly eleven o’clock. He shot Ethan a quick glance.

His half-brother smiled and rolled his eyes.

Sydney, the Major and Emily had just left the house to get some more supplies. After Jay’s outbreak the day before, the Major had sulked for some time.

He had obviously taken the time to consider Jay’s words and in the end he seemed to give the other people at least a chance. The Major seemed to be willing to lay the animosity aside for a while in order to give the other fugitives at least the benefit of doubt.

In the evening he had had a long talk with Sydney and they had come to terms with some of the things that stood between them. They had reached a point from where they could work together.

Jay looked at his watch again and Ethan started chuckling openly. Jay looked up sharply toward his brother. He knew that Ethan had caught him and he rolled his eyes. “Ok, ok,“ Jay held up his hands in surrender.

Debbie looked at the two and frowned. Jay blushed slightly and Ethan’s laughter grew even louder.

Shooting Ethan an angry look, Jay grumbled. “What?”

“Oh, nothing,” Ethan smirked.

Debbie looked at the half-brothers curiously and especially at the younger of them. He had been with Jarod for most of the last day but she felt that she liked him, even though she didn’t really know him.

“We better get a look on Jarod now,“ Jay said and got up, trying to divert the attention from himself. Ethan shook his head silently and grinned.

Getting up, he followed his brother out of the kitchen, still grinning from ear to ear. Even though he partially didn’t understand why Jay was so eager to check on Jarod, he didn’t interfere. Jay loved his older ‘brother’ dearly and Ethan didn’t have the intention to stop Jay from making sure that his brother was in fact getting better. Maybe Jay needed this to reassure himself.

Jay knocked on the bedroom door softly and opened it.

“Hey, morning you two,” Ethan said when he saw the two pairs of expectant eyes on them.

“Morning,“ Jarod and Parker both replied at the same time and grinned.

“Hey, big bro. How are you?” Jay asked and went over to the bed.

“Better, thanks,“ Jarod nodded. Parker squirmed slightly and crept away from him. Jarod caught her hand and shot her a look, his eyes telling her to stay.

“We wanted to check your wound,“ Jay went on.

Now, Parker looked at Jarod and quirked an eyebrow. Jarod rolled his eyes and surrendered, letting go of her hand.

Parker quickly got up and went over to the window where Ethan stood as well. Jay went over to the bed and started checking Jarod’s wound.

~~~~~~~

“How could someone possibly be ‘that’ stubborn?” Jarod growled at Jay.

Ethan and Parker started chuckling in the background.

“What?” Jarod shot them a look.

“Nothing,“ Ethan grinned widely.

Jarod’s eyes narrowed.

“We just happened to stumble over the fact that Jay is, well…,” Parker grinned.

“They think that we are very much alike,” Jay smiled down at his older self.

“Haha. Very funny,” Jarod grumbled. “Come on Jay. I’m feeling better. There is no use in my lying around in bed up here. I’m ok!”

“Sorry, big bro but the answer is still ‘No’. You will stay in bed today. I just had to give you some of my blood yesterday and I don’t want that wound of yours breaking up or something. You need a break so stay put,“ Jay said firmly.

Jarod rolled his eyes again and clenched his hands.

“Hey,“ Parker mumbled, walking up to the bed and sitting down next to Jarod. “He’s right and you know it.”

Jarod grumbled but then nodded. “Ok. But only today.”

“We will see,“ Jay said and earned himself a sharp glance from Jarod.

“Only today,” Jarod repeated through clenched teeth.

Jay grinned and shrugged.

“Parker, you better hide your gun or else I will have to shoot that boy soon,” Jarod growled and then started chuckling along with the others.

Parker sighed silently. Jarod was swiftly getting better, thank god. They would be able to continue planning soon. Today would be a day to rest for them all for afterwards there would possibly be no more break before everything was over.



To be continued…