Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: see Chapter sixteen

~~~~~~~

To End The Evil
Part 27


Revelations


It was barely half past three when he heard a car roll up the driveway.

Jarod got up from the couch and walked over to the door to peer out. When he recognized Parker’s car he let out a relieved sigh. He clearly wasn’t in good enough shape to run from sweepers. The headache had abated but was still present, lingering behind the next corner and waiting to return.

He didn’t wait for Parker to come in but turned and walked back into the living room.

~~~~~~~

She opened the door and quietly went it. She quickly got out of her light coat and the shoes and noiselessly walked into the living room. She didn’t want to wake Jarod if he was asleep.

Parker didn’t have to worry about waking him though, for he was already up.

She went over to the couch, where he sat, watching her moves.

“How are you?” she asked, looking closely at him.

“Better than this morning, thanks,“ he replied.

He did look better than in the morning though this was not hard to accomplish. He had looked like death warmed over. There were still dark circles under his eyes but he was getting better.

Jarod didn’t comment on her silent examination.

In front of him there were several sheets of papers scattered upon the table.

“Hey, what are these?” she asked nodding at the papers.

“Come on over here. You better get a look yourself,“ he said, looking up at her.

She sat down on the couch, next to him and he looked at her.

“Parker, before you see these, I better tell you some more of what I remembered yesterday. I already told you that I remember the conversation your mother and I had all these years ago. She told me back then that she gathered evidence against the Centre,“ Jarod looked her in the eye.

Parker nodded, urging him to go on.

“She told me some part of the Scroll’s prediction, that the Scroll’s said that we would destroy the ‘old’ Centre and build a new one without corruption. She told me that we would have to decide if we wanted to go along with the Scroll’s prediction just as she said in her DSA.
Ultimately her goal was to destroy the Centre we know now. Everything else is in our hand,“ Jarod concluded.

“She always wanted the Centre to do legitimate research and stop the evil that went on there,“ Parker sighed silently.

“Yeah”, Jarod confirmed with an equally silent voice.

“There was something else in the Scrolls…,” Parker tailed off. “Where are they? I don’t remember that part correctly.”

Jarod let his hand wander over the table and drew the documents out of the pile. He gave them to her.

“Here, this part… ‘They will combine the evidence with that gathered on their own’ and ‘The Chosen will make use of his acquaintances to get to their goal’. Do you have an idea what that means?” she asked Jarod.

“Yes… and maybe. ’The evidence gathered on their own’ to my mind certainly refers to the fact that I did collect evidence over the years. With that from your mother we should have enough to get the Centre falling. The other part of the prophecy also refers to my part. But here I can only assume what might be intended. I have some friends in the higher ranks of the FBI and other agencies. I suppose that the prophecy is that we turn over the evidence to the officials and wait for them to act,“ Jarod said, shrugging.

“Sounds like a plan at least and it sounds reasonable. And after letting the agencies take over?” Parker wanted to know.

“As I said the choice will be ours to make. We don’t have to decide right now though; I just wanted to remind you of these possible outcomes,“ he paused. “Well, whatever we do in the end, we have to get back the evidence your mother hid first to take the next steps,” Jarod said.

“And with that we are back to the original question: Where is the evidence?” Parker huffed, looking down at her fingers.

Jarod smiled. “That problem resolved itself together with the question about what Catherine and I talked. She told me where the evidence is,” he grinned.

Parker looked up sharply.

“These sheets of papers are part of Catherine’s hidden evidence,“ Jarod told her, grabbing some of the sheets that lay in front of them on the table.

She just gaped at him. “What the hell… Where did you get them?”

“Your mother had them stored here, in this house,” he answered.

“Where?” She breathed, already anticipating the next statement.

Jarod looked over to the room she had shut off all these years ago, the room Thomas had helped her setting a foot into again.

She took a deep breath and swallowed hard.

“They were here, all these years?”

Jarod nodded and watched her.

“Wow. What do they say?” she asked breathlessly.

“Well...,“ Jarod paused. “I’m not sure about that. There are just numbers,“ he huffed.

“Let me see,” Parker directed and took one of the sheets Jarod had been holding out of his hand.

It was as Jarod had said. There were several rows of numbers at the sheet. They were organized and divided into parts.

Each row consisted of twelve to fourteen numbers. These were subdivided into blocks of two or three signs.

“Looks like a code, don’t you think?” She asked Jarod.

“Yes. It is a code but I’m not sure what this one is about…,” Jarod agreed.

“13 08 30 41 46 11. The next row is 114 12 15 22 27 39. That looks familiar somehow…,“ Parker contemplated.

“You know these numbers?” Jarod asked astonished.

“I didn’t say that. I meant that the pattern looks familiar. I’ve seen that before,“ she frowned in concentration.

Jarod, too, pondered.

“I know,” Parker straightened. “I saw this pattern when there was that leak in the Centre. Somebody sold information and smuggled it out of the Centre to the Data Annex for the buyer to take from there. Broots was in serious trouble back then,” she remembered. “I think you helped him. You should know that pattern, too, for Sydney gave the numbers to you!”

“Of course,“ Jarod exclaimed, brightening up. He reached for the sheet and looked at the numbers. ”Melina, you are brilliant!”

“I am?” she asked baffled, her eyebrows quirked.

“Yes! Do you know what these are?” he questioned, shaking the paper in his hand.

“Noooo,“ she drawled, looking expectantly at him.

“These are GPS coordinates!” Jarod explained excited. “I need my laptop. Then we can determine where these places are,” Jarod said, getting up swiftly. The moment he stood, Jarod swayed.

Parker quickly got up and steadied him. “Don’t overdo it. Sit back down. I’ll get your computer,” she ordered.

When Jarod was seated again, she quickly went to get the laptop.

Soon, she came back and Jarod helped her setting the computer up.

“Let’s see, where these coordinates take us,” Jarod suggested.



To be continued…