Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: see Chapter one

~~~~~~~

To End The Evil
Part 12


Her plan



With a flick o his hand, Jarod started the DSA.

The screen came to life. Catherine Parker was sitting calmly on a couch. She looked directly into the camera.

“Hello my precious angel, hello Jarod, Ben.

Today is February, 11. 1970.
When you are watching this DSA, I’m dead because otherwise this tape wouldn’t still be at Ben’s. I had hoped to avoid my fate but the odds are against me.
First of all I have to tell you that I’m very proud of you, Melina.
You are watching this together with Jarod so that means that you turned away from the evil that is the Centre and the fate they had in store for you. I am so proud of you!

You two must have been actively searching for this disk for I instructed Ben not to give it to you unless you were together and asking him to hand it over.
I think you know or have a general idea what this disk contains. If not I will give the short version.

You might be aware that I never agreed with the Centre’s policies but I didn’t have the power to stop them,“ Catherine smiled sadly into the camera.

So I developed a secret plan.
I started gathering incriminating evidence against the Centre some years ago.
My plan was to gather enough evidence to bring it down. Over these years I gathered a good amount of data.
I had to hide it for the Centre started to get suspicious.
Till today they haven’t tried to do something against me but I…,” she tailed of and crooked her head. The picture flickered briefly. “…I understand that this will change soon. I will try to hide some more things but I don’t know how long I will be able to do that.
I divided the evidence in several parts and hid it. Until now there are four different places with evidence.

As I said, at first my plan was to bring down the Centre.
That was until I had the chance to read the Vespasian Scrolls.
After reading them and learning about your rolls in these Scrolls I found out that there is a different plan for you. The measures are the same yet the outcome will be different.
It is your decision if you want to destroy the Centre completely or go along with the Scrolls’ prediction. To decide what you want to do, you will have to read the Scrolls and find out about your fate.
I not only had the chance to read the Scrolls but I was also able to get them to safety.
I hid them on a small island in Scotland. It’s the Island of Carthis.”

Catherine Parker paused. Again there was static for several seconds.

"If I get the chance I will entrust Jarod with the knowledge as to where you have to search for the rest of the evidence. He will remember these places in time.”

She crooked her head and seemed to listen. Her smile faltered.

“I have to go now. I know that the two of you will choose the right way! You always have to keep one thing in mind:
Together you can achieve anything you set your minds to! Try as they might, even the Centre can’t stop you once you made up your minds.
Before I go, I want to thank you, Ben, for keeping this disk until Jarod and Melina had the chance to come looking for it,“ she breathed.
“You, Melina, I again want to tell you how proud I am of you. Trust in Jarod despite everything the Centre tried to make you think.
Jarod, I hope you will be able to find your family once this chapter in your lives is completed if you haven’t already found them”, she paused once more and listened. When she looked up again, tears were shining in her eyes. “Please, keep an eye on my angel.”

With that the DSA ended.



To be continued…..