Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

DISCLAIMER: The characters and events in these stories are fictitious. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author. “The Pretender” it a protected trademark of MTM Television and NBC, and characters of that series are used with no mean intent or desire for remuneration. Characters from the FOX production, “Millennium” and the Paramount production “The Sentinel” are also used in one story. These stories are intended solely for the enjoyment of fellow fans. The characters of Lucinda Malone, Melissa Jamison, Eden Winters and Brent Dillon are my creations. All stories take place after season three of the show, so all are

B.Z. (Before Zoe!)

PLEASE NOTE: THIS STORY IS RATED NC-17 FOR VIOLENCE, MALE / FEMALE SEXUAL SITUATIONS, MALE / MALE SEXUAL SITUATIONS AND LANGUAGE



The Pretender Zone
Legacy (Part 1/3)
JasmineSky



FLORIDA, late Spring

A half-moon dimly lit the way as a motorboat made slow progress through the murky Okefenokee Swamp. As it inched along, Jarod went through dozens of simulations, even though his head ached from the blow he’d received. Still, he could not come up with a solution to his current dilemma.

His hands were handcuffed tightly behind his back and his feet shackled. Boss Fisher’s men aimed to dump him in this dismal swamp and let him drown in its slimy waters.

The sting had gone well until Jarod’s “friend” and informant had turned out to be the one of the Boss’s main informants also. The money he made helping the Boss and his men run drugs was too good for him to pass up. Now Jarod was going to pay for his misplaced trust. He hoped he could swim like a dolphin and manage to get himself ashore somehow.

That idea was made moot when on the men took a large wrench and whacked Jarod on the back of the head with it for the second time.

“Whatcha do that for, Joey?”

“Boss said to make real sure he was dead. The way he fought us, I don’t want to take no chances.”

“Well, don’t worry. This boy ain’t coming back, no way no how.”

“Let’s dump him here.” said the third flunky.

Jarod’s unconscious body hit the water and begin to sink.

“That takes care of that.” Wally told Joey and Sam. They started back to where they had parked their van.

What the moonlight had not revealed was a shack and dock on the shore near where Jarod had been dumped. No one heard the words chanted nor did they see the form of a woman diving into the swamp seconds after Jarod was thrown overboard.

The boat had made little progress when the motor suddenly died. Try as he may, Sam couldn’t re-start it. Then, something hit the side of the boat.

“What the hell.....”yelled Wally.

“Sumthin’ run into the side of the boat, or we hit sumthin’”

Again, the boat rocked from a blow.

“Get the flashlight you dummies.” yelled Sam.

As Wally shone the light around the boat, his blood froze.

“Gators! We’re surrounded by gators!” he screamed as the boat shook from impact after impact of ferocious alligators.

Before the men had time to think of what to do, water began to fill the boat.

“We’re sinkin’!!”

Even as the woman pulled Jarod’s lifeless form onto her dock, she could hear the men screaming as the gators closed in on them. The swamp heard her laughter.

She rolled Jarod on his side and let the water run out of him, then breathed life back into him. She took him inside her home, dressed his wounds, and put him in bed.

The splash of water told her helpers had arrived.

Wally was trembling so hard he could barely breathe. The huge creature that held him in it’s jaws now released him to his master. A small rowboat pulled up, carrying a man with ebony skin and a midget with tan skin. They threw some large chunks of meat to the alligator, who gobbled them down before returning to the place when the boat had sunk to see if his fellows had left any tidbits from Sam and Joey.

“Quickly, Shamis, Diego!” the woman commanded.

The men exited the boat and came to her side.

She handed them a paper.

“This is what I need to know from this one.” she said.

She handed Shamis an aluminum briefcase and a parcel of other items.

“Have Leo and Franz check these out thoroughly.”

“Yes ‘mam.” both men chimed in.

“’Mam?” asked Shamis.

“What?”

“What do we do with the man when we get through with him?”

“Throw him in where his cohorts died and let Scarface have him.”

The dark man nodded and went on his way.

***********************


Jarod awoke with a horrendous headache, plus a lot of other aches and pains.

His mind and memory were foggy too, as he slowly opened his eyes and focused in on a room he’d never seen before. He looked around and saw nothing familiar.

“Ethan! You’re awake!” a female voice called.

A tall woman with raven black hair and green eyes peered down at him, smiling.

“How are you feeling, darling?”

Jarod was at a loss. Who was this woman? Why was she calling him darling? and Ethan? Ethan wasn’t his name! His name was .... it was.......he couldn’t remember!

“Honey, you got an awful blow to the head. Doc said you might be forgetful at first.”

“What happened to me?”

“Boat accident. A storm must have tossed some old tree limbs into the water of your favorite fishing hole. Your boat rammed one and knocked you plumb out into the murk! You hit your head on a log and went down, then got tangled in some undergrowth. Darn near drowned, but Shamis came along and got you into his boat and brought you home. Doc says you’ll be good as new in no time!”

Jarod nodded his head, although he still wasn’t at all sure what had happened.

He started to sit up and moaned as his world began to spin.

“Easy there, hon. Doc said not to move around much when you first came to. Here’s some to help settle your stomach.”

Jarod took the offered cup and sipped cautiously. The tea seemed a blend of ginger, chamomile and something he couldn’t place. He drank it down.

His eyes cleared more and he looked at the woman again. She was wearing a long white T-shirt ...and apparently nothing else. Her abundant breasts jiggled nicely when she walked and her nipples seemed to be in a state of permanent erection.

Speaking of erections, Jarod began to feel heat flowing to his groin.

**I’m not usually like this! or, maybe I am!**

He truly could not remember anything about himself.

He looked around and saw her bend over to retrieve something off the floor. This confirmed his belief that she wore nothing under her shirt. He had a clear view of her pussy and for once in his life, Jarod’s body suppressed his logic and he suddenly wanted for her to assume her wifely duties. He cleared his throat as he pulled the cover off.

“Oh., my! You are feeling all better now aren’t you?” she smiled, eyeing his large erection.

She climbed onto the bed with him and began to massage his throbbing penis.

“Um,” Jarod mumbled between gasps, “This may not be the right time, but, what is your name?”

She looked startled at first, but then grinned. “Still don’t remember? s’right. I’m your wife, Lucinda.”

Jarod nodded then pulled her on top of him. She needed no more encouragement, and quickly enthroned his organ inside herself. Beginning slowly, she writhed on top of him, his moans encouraging her. Her movements became more deliberate and intense, causing Jarod to breathe harder and his heart to pound. Jarod suddenly grabbed her and turned them both over, thrusting into her hard and fast. It only took a few moments of this action for both of them to come, gasping and screaming. Lucinda cuddled up to him in the afterglow. He turned and placed a tender kiss on her lips. It seemed like the right thing to do.

After resting a bit, Jarod was full of questions.

“What is my full name? Where are my parents? Do I have any siblings? What do I do for a living?”

“Easy! One at a time, love!”

“Your full name is Ethan Ezekial Malone and your were a foundling. Father Zachariah found you on the church steps when you were about a month old, and we’ve not been able to find anything about your origins. There’s no way of telling if you have siblings, and you are a biologist. I’m a veterinarian, by the way. We’ve been married for six years, you love steak and eggs, and the X-Files is your favorite show.”

“I sorry I can’t remember anything. Do you have any pictures? Old pictures of me? Of our wedding? Anything to help me?”

Lucinda looked down.

“Of course you don’t remember. We eloped and didn’t have any wedding pictures, but we had all your old photos that the Father kept of you while your were growing up, and pictures of us together after we started dating. All of them were destroyed in the fire three years ago. We lost almost everything.”

“Sorry. Why did we elope?”

“Father Zachariah didn’t approve of ‘his’ boy marrying a woman with the last name of Brouglia. Something to do with the swamp-folks’ nonsense notion that anyone bearing that name is a witch or warlock. You never believed any of it.”

“Of course not!” Jarod agreed. He did remember that he didn’t believe in such things.

Exhausted, Jarod slipped off to sleep, still cuddling Lucinda in his arms.

When she was sure he was sound asleep, she maneuvered out of his arms and out of bed. She dressed quickly and slipped out the front door. She flashed her flashlight in a specific pattern. Ten minutes later, Shamis rowed up to the dock.

“What have you found?” she inquired.

“It’s all in here” he told her, handing her a multi-page document.

“And our ‘guest’?”

“Gator food.”

“Here’s a list of some other things I need you to get for me.”

“Will do, ‘Mam!”

“Thank you, Shamis! I know I can count on you.”

The dark man got into his boat and rowed away.

Lucinda read the document as quickly as possible, then tore it into tiny pieces and threw it into the murky waters of the Okefenokee.

She sat thinking, realizing this man had a destiny to fulfill and a quest to complete. She could not keep him long. She rose and held her arms out over the swamp and began to chant her next spell.

*********


Jarod awoke the next morning hungry as a bear. Lucinda had anticipated this and had a breakfast of steak, eggs, and pancakes hot and waiting for him. He dove into the food like he’d never eaten before in his life. He couldn’t believe how good everything tasted. She’d told him it was his favorite breakfast, but he couldn’t remember eating such delicious food ever before. She served him the same hot ginger tea with this meal.

“Would you like me to show you around your house?” she asked.

“That would be nice! Maybe something will trigger a memory.”

She started with the front porch and dock. The front of the house looked like an old plain, board shack, the porch and dock rather shabby looking also.

“We wanted our home to blend in with the surrounding and not to be too different looking that the homes of the swamp folk we assist.”

Stepping inside the front door was a small living room, to the right the kitchen nook, and to the left the bedroom Jarod had been in. It appeared that that was all the home consisted of.

“Here is where the ‘camouflage’ ends.” she continued, opening a panel on the back wall.

Jarod couldn’t believe his eyes. He was looking at a spacious, modern recreation room, complete with TV , stereo, and a pool table.

“The master bedroom , kitchen, and laundry room are this way”

Jarod was amazed at the large rooms. This portion of the house was completely camouflaged from the outside.

Jarod spent several hours wandering from room to room, picking up objects and staring at the artwork. No memories were jogged.

He wandered out to the dock, when he could see Lucinda in the twilight. She was up to her waist in the water, and calling out something that sounded like “Sc-sc-sc” and slapping the water.

Suddenly Jarod noticed movement in the water.

“Gator!” he yelled, and prepared to jump in and wrestle the critter. He wasn’t sure how he knew he could do that, he just did.

Lucinda smiled at him. “Don’t fret, honey! Of **course** it’s a gator! I was calling Scarface in for his feeding!”

The huge reptile swam up to her....and rolled onto his back. She petted his belly and spoke to him as though he were a six pound puppy.

“There, there, good boy! Scarface a good boy!”

The creature swished his tremendous tail in contentment, then rolled back over.

Lucinda reached into the bucket behind her and pulled out a large chunk of meat and hand fed it to Scarface. He wolfed it down and waited patiently for the rest of his treat, which she promptly gave him.

“Scar gets his own meals from the swamp, but I give him a treat every week.”

“You tamed an alligator!?!”

“No, not tamed. One can never tame a wild thing. I’ve just come an understanding with him.”

Jarod wondered a lot more, but decided not to question her further.

That night, they made love in the master bedroom, on a king size water bed with mirrors above it. Laying there, looking up at himself, Jarod seemed to remember another bed like this, but not this one. He couldn’t bring the memory into focus.

For the next few days, Jarod watched the three television stations they could pick up---CBS, NBC, and FOX. He thought he remembered some of the shows, but others he was sure he’d never seen before. He developed quite a liking for “The Price is Right”, “Ally McBeal”, “Third Rock from the Sun” and sure enough, the “X-Files” was his favorite. Still, he couldn’t remember the characters names, and Lucinda has to explain the whole show to him.