Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Fate runs lives. Truth opens doors. Trust is revealed. Hope is in question.

************************

Angels Hope
Connections



"We're both worried about her. I don't think it will do any harm for both of us to be in there." The guard opened the door to the room. Jarod immediately could see that Lily was in the midst of yet another dream. Both Becky and Jarod went to the bed. Becky went to shake Lily when she got images of Lily being taken from a house and put in a van. In pulling her hands back from the fear she was feeling, she accidentally put her hand on Jarod's hand.

Suddenly she found herself connected to Angelo. She could see him at his computer.

He looked up and it was like he could see her. "Sister?" Angelo asked confused. He could see the woman with curly blonde hair that was with Jarod the night he went away. "With the angels." The image shook her head yes. "Need Jarod's help........"

Jarod pulled his hand away from Becky, which broke the connection. "Becky, what happened?"

"I saw Angelo. I think he has been trying to get in touch with you. There's something wrong, terribly wrong."

Jarod looked at his sister. How was he going to help both? "He's probably been trying to reach me via my e-mail. But since we have been quarantined here, I haven't had access to my computer. Becky, did you get any sense of what was wrong?"

"I'm sorry Jarod. I couldn't get a clear picture of what was wrong. The images were jumbled and I wasn't familiar with what I was seeing. But I could see a young lady in a Princess costume. But I don't know what she has to do with anything. Sometimes I wish this gift came with an owner's manual." She smiled at Jarod hoping that it would ease the tension she could feel coming from him.

He smiled back. "I'm sure you do." His attention turned back to his sister. "I saw you jump back from Lily. What did you see?"

"Dark images. She was abducted. Thrown in a van. Someone she trusted betrayed her and there was a young boy. I think she was friends with him. He was protectively holding her in a dark vehicle after she was taken. Do you think we should try and wake her?" Becky asked concerned.

Jarod looked at Lily. "I don't want her to be in pain, but maybe we have to let the memories come through. Let's let her sleep. You can keep tabs on her?" Jarod asked hoping Becky would understand that he meant with her gift. Becky shook her head yes, but still had a worried look on her face. "I don't want to put you in an awkward position, but I need to get to my laptop."

"I have never out right disobeyed Joan, but I don't think we have a choice. Later, you'll go to your office and I'll meet you there with your computer. If I can pull this off, this is more of a Lily mission." Becky looked at her sister with sadness in her heart.

**************************

The next thing adult Lily could see was the children being moved into the Centre. They were taken onto an elevator that took them underground - SL 27. When the elevator doors opened, Lily saw Raines standing there. The children were moved past Raines as he instructed the men as to what rooms the children were to go into. Lily and Bobby walked side by side until the man pulled Lily towards a big steel door. "No! I don't want to go in there." She struggled to get free of the man's grip.

"Leave her alone!" Yelled Bobby as he tried to pull free from the man that had taken a hold of him. He saw the man pushing Lily into the room.

"Get her in there." Raines ordered as he approached the situation. "I want the two of them kept apart. I want no deterrents to the experiments. Put him in 27D"

Lily saw Bobby standing in the hall past the guard. Tears started to fall from her eyes as the man closed and locked the door. She started yelling and kicking the door. She could hear them take Bobby away. She slid down the door. The room she was in had modest furnishings. A bed, dresser, a table with various items on them, what looked like a screen she had seen in the movie theater and in the corners of the room - cameras. She was being watched. Lily climbed up on the bed and pulled her knees up to her chest and rocked.

************************

"Damn this place." Parker went to push the files off the desk when she heard a knock on the door to Dr. Stedman's office. "Why not. Come in." Parker said frustrated over the lack of control of her privacy she was experiencing.

Dr. Stedman opened the door and came into the room. "I heard a little turmoil in here. Is everything all right?"

"Just peachy." Parker retorted.

"I'm sensing that you are having some trouble adjusting to life here. And maybe the lack of control you are use to?" Stedman began. "The people here are use to working together and being a team. You have come to depend on and isolated yourself in life. From what I have been able to find out, you have associated mostly with Sydney and a man called Mr. Broots."

Parker looked at Stedman. "You said Sydney's name like you know him. Was he a part of your operation here?"

"No. Sydney was not part of your mother's operation, just his brother Jacob. I assume that is why the Centre eliminated Jacob." A sadness came over Stedman's voice.

Parker picked up on the tone and it clicked. "You were close to Jacob, weren't you? And I mean not on just a professional level. You two doing the horizontal mambo?"

"Melissa Catherine Parker!" Stedman's tone turned harsh. "It would do you good to remember respect for your elders. What would your mother think?!"

Parker was taken aback as if Stedman had slapped her in the face. No one had called her by her full name since her mother died. "I prefer Miss Parker."

"What. Hanging onto your father's pet name? Your mother preferred Missy, but then I guess you don't remember that. She never liked that your father made your name sound so formal. He always said that it was a family name." Stedman moved over to the picture. "She wanted such a different life for you. To have you grow up loved. To become an intelligent, independent, and well adjusted young woman. Well I guess she got part of her wish."

"What do you know of me?! You don't know me at all! I come here and you act like you have known me my whole life." Parker angrily yelled back.

Stedman whipped around to face Parker. "Ok Missy. You want a pissing contest; well then here you go. Who do you think planted the seed that got you out of the Centre and off to boarding school after your mother died? Who do you think kept your father so busy that he never had time to think about bringing you back? Who kept you safe from having done to you what they were doing to Jarod?"

Parker's eyes pierced through Stedman. "You have been monitoring me?"

"Your mother was one of the best friends I have ever had in my whole life. Your father would have destroyed you, if he hasn't already. The only thing he ever cared about more than himself was the Centre. But I wasn't the only one watching. His people were there - always. So much so that I never had a chance to save you and bring you here. I could never fulfill the promise I made to your mother."

Parker started to hear the voices in her head again. Her mother's voice was strong and angry. "She is telling me to believe you. You promised my mother that if anything happened to her, you would bring me here. And Jarod."

"It's a shame that you didn't learn to use your Inner Sense prior to the last couple of years. It could have helped you better understand what was going on around you. Yes I promised your mother, but security became too tight. I eventually had to pull most of my operatives out of there and bring them to Angel's Hope. There was no way they were going to ever let go of the two of you. After reading your mother's files I understood why." Stedman was trying to get Parker to open up just a little.

"Raines had manipulated our DNA. We were his prized specimens. But why was I allowed to leave and Jarod not?"

"According to the files in front of you, different children were set up for different experiments. You were set to go through the disintegration of emotional bonding compounded by external stimuli."

"Speak English." Parker retorted.

"Raines had a theory. That children could be made to forget their moral souls and without regret perform immoral acts. He tried various methods; drugs, electroshock therapy, sound, stimuli reinforcement. With you it was lack of affection. Not that your father had a heart for anything but the Centre."

Parker tried to digest what she was being told. She had known ever since the discovery of Kyle and Alex that Raines had an agenda of his own, but her father.. "Are you trying to tell me that my father purposely showed lack of affection to me?"

Joan thought for a moment and went over to the files. She ruffled through till she found the file marked "PARKER, M." She opened the folder. "Everything is here. I can't say for sure that your father knew what Raines was doing. But it seems that nothing happened in the Centre that the two did not know about." She thought a moment longer. "It may be Missy, I mean Miss Parker, that your father was incapable of showing affection. He hardly showed Catherine any affection at all once they were married. "

Parker thought for a moment. "That file doesn't show everything. He's not my father."

"What?" Stedman asked shocked.

"In December, when Jarod and I were on the Island of Carthis, I found out that my real father was Raines." She felt nauseous just thinking about it. "Daddy...is really my uncle."

"When she was trying to get pregnant and doing the invitrofertilization, Raines switched..?" Stedman was trying to fathom what Parker was telling her.

"Yes. Sydney and Broots discovered that my father had a very slim chance of ever siring a child."

"So you and your brother are William Raines' children? But that doesn't make any sense? How could the scrolls be right if you aren't a Parker?"

"I am still a Parker Dr. Stedman. William Raines is Robert Parker's brother."

************************

Angelo was frantically running around the room, papers flying around everywhere when Sydney walked into the room. The Sweepers had informed him that Angelo had become upset and that no one could get close enough to him to find out what was wrong."

"Angelo. What is the matter?" Sydney asked trying to get the man's attention.

Angelo stopped and sat in the middle of the floor with his knees up to his chest. "I need the angel. The angel was here."

Sydney got down to Angelo's level and kept his voice at a monotone level. "Angelo. Did someone try to contact you?" Sydney was curious as to how Angelo had seen his angel.

"Saw the angel. The angel is my sister. With Jarod."

"Angelo. Did you hear from Jarod?" Sydney was trying to keep the conversation low so that the cameras would not pick up what they were saying.

Angelo looked up at Sydney. "No. Sister can contact me here." Angelo pointed to Sydney's temple. "But now she is gone."

"Angelo, you don't have a sister. We proved that Miss Parker wasn't your sister."

"The angel is my sister. She can talk to me. I can talk to her. But now she is gone. Gone!" Angelo jumped back up and started running around again.

Sydney stood watching what Angelo was doing. Angelo took a piece of paper and started drawing something. Sydney walked over and looked at the drawing over Angelo's shoulder.

"Sister." Angelo said handing Sydney the picture.

Sydney looked at the picture. "Gemini" followed by an angel. "Angelo. Are you trying to tell me that you have a twin? An empathic twin?"

"Angel was here. She went with Jarod. Now angel is gone."

Sydney had read Lyles report. It had said that there was a group of people at the spot where Jarod and Miss Parker had been abducted. "Angelo. Can I please keep this?" Sydney folded the paper and put it discretely in his pocket. "We'll talk again soon Angelo. Let me know if you see the angel anymore. OK?"

Angelo shook his head in agreement and went back to drawing pictures of angels. Sydney exited the room and ran face to face with Mr. Raines.

"So what was getting Angelo so upset?" Raines wheezed.

"He is not making any sense. Just talking about angels." Sydney replied hoping that no one had seen him put the piece of paper in his pocket.

"You wouldn't keep anything from me now. Would you Sydney?" Raines questioned not believing what he had been told.

"Of course not. Anyway, he's calm now." Sydney kept it short and sweet.

"I think I will be keeping an eye on Angelo." Raines headed down the hallway dragging his air tank behind him.

Sydney thought to himself. "I wish I had been a better shot."

************************

Lily knew that in the subconscious of her mind that time held no control. Images jumbled past her, around her. And music, sound. At times deafening to Lily's unconscious ears. She could see herself as a growing child in that sparse room. Loud music or tones were pumped into the room. She would hold her ears and try not to listen, but the whole time the whispers came through - "You decide who lives or dies", "Kill", "Destroy". Images of people being shot, images of the destruction of cities, and other horrible visions that a child should never have to see. Lily was curled in a ball at times. Trying to keep the voices out of her head, mentally taking herself someplace where they couldn't touch her. Mumbling to herself.

Lily found herself as a bystander looking in. She was trying to read the child's lips, but on another level already knew what she was saying - "I will not fear evil."

Other times were spent working on problems and puzzles. Each one more complex than the other, her intelligence being tested. Sometimes being given situations and then being asked what the outcome would be. Raines had called them "simulations". And being hurt if the answer was not what Dr. Raines' wanted. Drugs pumped into her continually. And more voices. Electroshock.

But then there were times when she had figured out ways to get out of her room and Bobby his. They had even found Timmy. But in the end the guards would find them and they would be separated again. The last time she had seen him, a guard had come to get her. He was also being led down the hall as well as Timmy. But Timmy had changed. There was sadness in his eyes and he wasn't making full sentences. Lily positioned herself next to Bobby.

"What happened to Timmy?" Lily whispered to Bobby.

"I was being brought to my room and I saw Mrs. Parker run in the room down the hall screaming his name. The room where they do the tests. Then they shoved me in my room. I think they hurt him bad. I could hear Mrs. Parker crying his name."

"Be quiet you two." The guard boomed behind them.

Lily dropped her head and whispered, "Timmy. Are you OK?"

"No more Timmy. Angelo. Timmy gone."

Lily looked across at Bobby with questioning in her eyes and then back to Timmy. "Your name is Timmy."

"Angelo. I have to remember Angelo he said. No more Timmy."

"Bobby. They're making him forget who he is. They did something to him." Lily said knowing that they were heading for the room that Angelo was just talking about. "I want to know who I am."

"I'm not going in there." Bobby pronounced as he tried to push the guard away. The man, being caught off guard, tumbled into the other man behind Lily. The third tried to stop the first two and everyone just became a big tumbled mess. Lily and Timmy were thrown against the wall.

Timmy grabbed Lily's hand and started running with her. One of the guards tried to get up to follow, but Bobby caught him in the foot. Lily turned to go back to help. "Run!" Bobby screamed while trying to get out of the tangle himself. "Don't wait for me." He was pummeling the guards with his fist with anger that was coming deep from within his soul.

The two children looked around the hallway. There was a secure elevator that would give them no escape and the other direction would take them back to their room wing. "Where are we going to go?" Lily asked frantically looking around the hall and a way to get out of the Centre. Timmy opened one of the doors. All the room contained was paint cans and step stools. He pulled one of the stools into the hallway. "Timmy, what are you doing?"

He reached up and started pulling on the grate, which loosened and swung up. "This way." He helped Lily up into the air vent and then pulled himself up. Timmy looked up and saw Bobby running down the hallway, but somehow knew the guards weren't far behind him. Timmy pulled up the ladder and used it to jam the grate closed.

Bobby saw the grate close. He jumped up trying to grab the grate. "Timmy! Bring down the ladder!" Bobby saw the door ajar and started for another ladder when the guards surrounded him and started pushing him down. "Help me!" Bobby screamed staring into Timmy's eyes with anger.

************************

The game of friendship. Certain moves bring people closer. Other moves tear them apart. Can a damaged player survive? It's all up to Fate, Truth, Trust, and Hope