Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Note: Thank you guys for your reviews. They really mean a lot to me. They also help me feel out where you think the story should go. I'm putting most of my focus on this fic while I recover from back surgery. I hope you guys can bear with me if it starts to get difficult. Now, on to the story.

The balance of the game has been thrown.

The players neither winners nor losers.

In the end, truth holds the winning hand.

*****************

Angels Hope
Rise & Fall





Parker picked up the papers that had fallen to the desk and started to read the excerpts that had been written:

The Centre shall rise to command great wealth and power............

The chosen will be found. Gemini's possessing unique gifts and abilities...........

A boy named Jarod will be the instrument of either ultimate power or...........

The papers detailed the beginning of the Centre and it's affiliation with the Triumvirate. There was a sheet that was in Catherine Parker's handwriting that had notations concerning information she had found that pertained to the excerpts from the scrolls. Parker read them and started comparing the information.

Her great grandfather had written down what he could remember of the scrolls. He had handed them down through the generations, first to her grandfather and then to her father. The Parker lineage was to pay for the price of this knowledge with a pledge of blood and deeds.

Parker thought, "My mother must have found the papers and relocated them to Angel's Hope. That must be why Daddy and Raines were so desperate for Jarod and I to find the original scrolls. Mom took the only reference to their base of power." She smiled at her mother's cleverness.

The Centre shall rise to command great wealth and power to control commerce and countries. The chosen will be found. Gemini's possessing unique gifts and abilities will bring about the prosperity and the destruction of the Centre. Her great grandfather had originally sought children under the zodiac sign and born from May 22nd to June 21st. The whole time searching for a gifted child named Jarod. He founded the Sepastian cult in the United States and met with members in Boston. Certain monks came from Carthis to provide information and updates. Many treasure seekers had come to Carthis hearing of the power of the scrolls, but no one had been able to locate them. It was said that the scrolls had been cursed because those who searched for them often vanished. In reality, the Monks that were working with the Parkers were killing the searchers and dumping the bodies into the ocean. Through various business deals and land holdings, Niles Parker started amassing a fortune. It was in the 50's that the Centre re- interpreted the passage to mean twins instead of a zodiac sign. Parker's grandfather, Robert, had joined forces with a group in Africa that had also heard of the scrolls, but had been unsuccessful in locating them. Thus the collaboration with the Triumvirate was born; a league that monitored activities in that part of the world and who used the Centre with their business dealings. Robert had convinced the Triumvirate that they had the scrolls. By feeding them the information achieved though Centre resources, Niles and Robert Parker kept them from taking total control of the Centre. All the while gaining more allies in the black market underground. After Niles Parker's death, Robert Parker took control of the Tower. This was the main governing body of the Centre and he formed the medical sub-divisions in the Blue Cove facility. Sub-levels 20 through 30 were constructed and a new state of the art security system was installed. Various medical experiments were conducted all through World War II and the Korean War. Robert Parker married Deborah Carlisle and had a son, Robert Jr., and a daughter, Elizabeth. After Deborah and Elizabeth Parker's deaths in a car crash and Robert Parker's death of a heart attack, Robert Parker Jr. became the CEO and Chairman of the Board for the Centre. Several years later, Robert Jr. married Catherine Jamieson.

Parker looked at the words again. "Deborah and Elizabeth killed in a car crash. Strange how all the family members of male Parkers just happen to meet untimely deaths?" She looked at the one sentence over and over.......The Parker lineage was to pay for the price of this knowledge with a pledge of blood. Was her mother's blood the price her father had paid?

************************

Jarod silently sat next to Lily's bed. He held her small hand gently in his large hand noticing how strong yet how frail it looked. He realized that emotionally they were the same as that hand. Frail in some ways (their need to know who they were and where they came from) and strong in others (their resolve to do good and thwart evil). But for Lily everything was imploding. He had had years to cope with and come to terms with his childhood. She would just be beginning. A past that was as horrible, if not worse than his own. He could imagine what Raines had done to her as a child. He knew what Raines had done to him his entire life.

"Sitting here all night is not going to do her or yourself any good. Why don't you go to your room and get some sleep?" Dr. Stedman stated after quietly entering the room and seeing Jarod's drawn face.

"I want to be here when she wakes up. She is going to need someone who understands the turmoil raging inside her."

"I can see that you are very much like your sister, so I'm not even going to try and change your mind. If you need anything, Mark will be watching." Stedman nodded toward the camera focused on her bed.

Jarod looked at the camera with loath in his eyes. He hated being watched. "I'll let him know if we need anything." Dr. Stedman started to walk towards the door. "Dr. Stedman. Can I ask you something?"

She turned to face Jarod. "Of course Jarod."

"How.....close.....are Lily and Mark?" He asked sheepishly.

Dr. Stedman looked seriously at Jarod. "They are engaged to be married." But she sensed his uneasiness. "Don't worry about intruding on Mark. He is giving you this time alone with her. And he'll be stopping in to see her. He is one of the best psychologists in the country and he knows that you can better recognize what she will be going through. Help her through this, if she can get through this. Allot of things are going to be jumbled in her brain. What we told her verses what she would now remember. You will be her navigator. Get her through the rough waters and the sandpits."

"Clean up yours and the Centre's messes." Jarod looked directly in Stedman's eyes.

"Jarod. We do what we have to do to try and save these children. All of them come broken and twisted and we try and help them. I clean up the Centre's messes. All of them. And up to this point, with Lily's help. The only one I know who could counter your genius. I needed her focused. I needed her to believe that life was ideal." Stedman turned and walked the rest of the way to the door. She sharply turned around and looked at Jarod. "Because I couldn't stand to think what her reality was. I love her Jarod as if she were my own child. Think about it." Stedman left the room.

Jarod looked back at Lily who was now slightly mumbling in her sleep. He knew that this was the beginning. What demons were chasing her in her mind? And did they have the face of William Raines?

************************

Parker read the next words with intrigue.

A boy named Jarod will be the instrument of either ultimate power or total destruction of the Centre. A child prodigy born of strength and inner light. Born one of two, mastered to manipulate man and machine. Destined to marry the heir of power, another who possesses an inner sense. Together they will come to challenge the powers and change outcomes. Assisted by other prodigies of dark and light. The boy is one half of a whole. The other half will be as sweet as a morning flower and as deadly as a serpent. If the halves are joined, the two will overcome all obstacles placed before them. Giving the three authority over the power of the Centre.

She laid her head on the desk. Many things were running through her head. Her father's last words:

"The scrolls are real. So is the pain they inflicted especially on your mother. .......It's time to fulfill her wish and send this evil back where it belongs.........You'll be alright, it's not how they say it ends........I love you as my daughter, that's all that counts. Don't be sad. The new Parker legacy begins with you. God be with you Angel."

Her thoughts wandered to the words Jarod spoke when they were at the airport from Carthis.

"I hate to see anyone miss a turning point, when one is staring one in the face......Only you can decide for yourself whether or not to take a hard look at your life. The way your mother once did......Then who are you - you're father? Is the Parker legacy what you want to pass on to your children?

He had taken her hand. Tried to make her realize her life could be something more. Was Jarod right? Were they meant to be together? Did some higher power know that they were meant for each other? Fate. Kismet. Divine intervention. Two pieces of a puzzle that fit together.

Raines and her father had tried to keep them apart as children. But still they managed to steal time away together. Climbing into the air ducts, sometimes with the help of Angelo. But as she grew older, the Centre forced them apart by sending her to boarding school and then off to college. Teaching her to become colder and harder emotionally. Had they seen the connection that was forging between them? Not one of coldness, but that of friendship and caring.

Her father knew what her great grandfather had written from the scrolls. Destined to marry the heir of power, another who possesses an inner sense. They knew her mother had an inner sense. Did they assume that her children would also have it? Had they thought that after acquiring Jarod as a young boy, they would use her for their own purpose? Had they banked that they could manipulate Jarod to work willingly for them? That through time he would relent to their treatment of him and become their willing puppet like Lyle. Were they determined after breaking both their wills, to again reintroduce each other and hope for a union? But Jarod's escape had ruined any plans they may have had. They pulled her from corporate to search and find him. She always wondered why they had called her back and why it was imperative to her father that she find Jarod. Was it the Centre's way of keeping them connected?

And did they now realize that if the two gained power that they would never allow the atrocities that had been taking place to continue. Lyle could now be the key that Raines was banking on. Lyle had the coldness that was the heart of the Centre. The coldness that on some level she no longer possessed. Jarod had seen to that. Had brought her out of the darkness and into the light. No longer could she just look the other way. She knew that Raines had executed her mother. Watching the DSA of him executing her after Ethan's birth had clinched any loyalty she had to the Centre and any ties to being a true Parker. But she also knew that the arms of the Centre were long and she couldn't afford to let Jarod get close to her. She knew that she had hurt him and it had killed her inside, though she would never admit it.

"Who am I Mother?" She realized that she was now where Jarod had been for the last six years. Knowing technically who she was, but not knowing in her heart who she was. Her father's or mother's daughter. She now knew she couldn't be both. Her mind was still running a mile a minute as she fell asleep at her mother's, now her desk. As she drifted off to sleep, she could hear her mother's voice in the back her mind. "You are my beautiful daughter. Here you are safe. Trust them. Trust yourself. You must finish my work...."

************************

Stedman walked into her suite and poured herself a drink. So many situations had happened in the last weeks that jeopardized everything that she and Catherine had started.

"Catherine." She said aloud talking to her friend, hoping she could hear her. "What do I do if I can't bring Lily back again from the brink she teeters on? I know you always thought that she and Jarod along with your daughter was the key to destroying the Centre. But the circumstances have changed." She walked to her bathroom and started to get changed for bed. "I wasn't able to save them. They haven't grown up into the adults we thought that they would be. Lily is unruly, Jarod is defiant, and Little Miss Parker is much her father's daughter. Am I going to be able to direct them to the chores that they have ahead? If they can't complete their mission, then everything we have worked for will be destroyed. The Centre will be too powerful for us to counter anymore." She walked to the bed and sat down. She picked up the phone. "Yes, it's Stedman. Please call me immediately if there are any changes in Lily. Is Jarod still in her room? No, that's fine. Leave him there for now. I'll let you know if access becomes restricted. Goodnight." Stedman hung up the phone. She opened a drawer in the nightstand at the side of her bed. She reached in and picked up a picture. "I miss your assistance my love. I could really use your advice right now. What should I do? I wish for one moment I could be in your arms again and you could tell me everything would be all right. But both you and Catherine are gone now. Casualties of the cause." She put the picture back into the drawer and shut it. "Is there someone that you would have trusted? Someone who could help me." She thought to herself for a moment. She opened the drawer again and took out an old black address book. She flipped through the pages till she found the number that she needed. She picked up the phone again and dialed the number. The phone rang the number and was quickly picked up.

"Sydney."

************************

Jarod had fallen asleep in the chair next to Lily's bed. He had tried to stay awake, but exhaustion had overtaken him. He moaned as he slept seeing visions of his mother (coming out of the cab, the look of pain as she realized who he was and that the Centre operatives were coming to get them), his sister Emily (bandaged and unconscious after the Centre's attack), his father's face (the look of pain in his eyes as he had to leave Jarod on that runway strip to save Parker), and the most horrible image of all Kyle (dying in is arms after Lyle had shot him). Jarod had always felt guilt over Kyle's death.

First because as a young boy hadn't remembered that he had a brother and that left Kyle open to Raines' torture. And second that he was unable to save Kyle because he had stopped him from shooting Lyle when he had the chance. He had tried to save his soul, but in the end killed his brother. His father and he had conversations where Major Charles tried to convince him that he was not responsible for Kyle's life or death, but deep down Jarod still had that guilt.

Now he was seeing Lily standing in a field, smelling flowers and smiling. Jarod was facing her and could see how happy she was. Then he saw Cox standing off caddy corner to Lily's side. He had his gun raised and was about to shoot. Jarod started to scream "Nooooo!" When he was jolted out of his sleep and nearly jumped out of his chair. He looked around the room, disorientated for a few moments. He turned to the see Lily wrestling around in the bed. She was thrashing and kicking at imaginary assailants.

Lily could see herself as a young child, trapped in a dark room. She could hear the sounds of other children crying and being dragged away. She hid herself in the corner of the room. Trying to hide herself in the dark. Two men entered the room and grabbed her. "Mommy! Daddy!" She could see herself scream over and over. The two men carrying her by her arms into the hallway. Someone is in the hallway. He is a tall, skinny, sinister looking man holding a syringe and bottle. He is drawing the liquid into the syringe.

"Hold her still. This will calm her down for the procedure." The man said with a low raspy voice. She had come to hate this boogey man.

Young Lily pulled her arms free and ran down the hall, frantically looking for an escape route. Coming up the hall was another child, a young boy who she recognized. She could hear the boogey man issuing orders and the men coming quickly up behind her. The boy began to struggle to get free. To help the young Lily. She knows that he is her friend. He stomps on the foot of the guard and he runs to her. Pushing her behind him. The guards are in a huddle around them trying to get them apart, the whole time the two children fighting their way to stay free. Amongst the screams and tears, the boogey man was screaming more orders. The guards finally separate the two as they are screaming for each other.

The boy violently kicking screams "Let her go! Take me! I won't fight if you let her go!"

The young girl is dragged in the opposite direction, the guard trying to get a strong hold on the girl. "No! No don't! Don't hurt him!" She watched as the boogey man injected the boy with the syringe and his body went limp. "Noooooooooooooo!" She screamed.

The guard put the boy's body on a nearby stretcher and he is wheeled away. The boogey man turns around and she can see him filling another syringe. "No. Stay away from me." She was backing up away from him, but was stopped by the guard behind her. "You promised him. You liar!" The guard is trying to hold her still as the boogey man is coming closer.

"Extend and restrain her arm." The boogey man sticks the needle in as Lily screams to the boy on the gurney that had now disappeared.

"BOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

************************

The Players - Fate, Truth, Trust, and Hope

A new game started.

Truth or Consequences.