Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

The Secret Unwritten Diary of Mr. Thumbs
by RRP



Okay, I admit it. I’m tired, I’m not feeling too great, and I’m bored. Beyond bored. Someone told me once that you can’t actually die of boredom, but you can die bored. It’s slowly happening- I can feel my mind slipping.

Maybe I need to change my diet. All that grease cannot be good for me, not to mention the salt. Good lord! I’ve nearly forgotten what a real fish filet tastes like, and I live in Blue Cove! Or used to, anyway.

I should get in touch with Jarod. But, I can’t just send an email saying, “Hey, Jarod! Why don’t you stop by for a cup of coffee?”. There’s no way, even with his lack of common sense, he would fall for that. Maybe I could stage something from Sydney…that might work.

Something more…

I know! I can bury someone in the desert! Oh shoot…I’m laughing now…I’ve lost it…I’m insane…Look, I’m laughing harder! Great. This can’t be good.

But anyway, I’ve always wanted to bury someone in the desert. I think that would be fun. Why not?

I just noticed, there’s an incredibly hot girl not twenty feet from me in the parking lot, and she’s looking at me funny. Oh well. (I’m laughing again…I don’t feel any connection with reality…my mind is gone…and I think it’s funny)

Oh, darn…She’s driving away.

Let’s go bury someone, shall we?

Mental list of needed items: shovel, generator, oxygen pumps, land, place to stay, someone to kidnap…it goes on and on. Careful planning is need for such a dangerous and highly complicated mission. (I’m grinning and humming the Mission Impossible theme song. This cannot be a good thing.)

I pull out a roadmap, from the glove box of the car I managed to buy, and scan the cities and possible locations. My eyes fall on what looks like a rather small town- no more than a dot on the map. Red Rock, Arizona. Red rock? Red…blood…sounds perfect, eh?

I love the way I reason. My logic is so infallible it hardly makes sense! (Laughing again…darn.) Dum dum da dum…



Two months later…

Ouch. Ouchouchouchouchouch. My thumb? Oh yeah. My stomach? Yep, that too. My arm? Damn. The idiot ‘look, I’m a hero’ little brother of Jarod’s just had to shoot me in the arm. Ouch, again.

I think I killed him, too. Didn’t stay long enough to find out. Oh, well. Can’t laugh, it hurts my stomach, but I will later. It was kinda funny, actually. Remorse? I’m blinking. What’s that? Guilt? Oh, a bit. But that will pass, don’t worry. It only lasts as long as you care. Care left with my thumb.

I really think life should come with a warning, as the following:

Caution: May Cause Stress. Side effects include: Too numerous to list here. Please see life.com for full list. Death always occurs. See inside package for further details, tax applies in all areas, only valid where legal.

Okay, so it is stupid. But I’m bored again, and it’s the best I could do. My arm hurts. I wonder if I can hustle some morphine out of a drug dealer…where to find one, though? My stomach hurts too. I think I just saw Jarod go by on a bus. Who cares? Is that Miss Parker stepping out of that Lincoln across the street? Time to make myself scarce…now my head hurts. Ouch.