Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Parker no sooner got the door shut when her phone rang. She knew who it was before she answered it.

"What now, Jarod?"

"Will you still meet me?" He asked.

"When and where?" She sighed.

"1525 Oak St in an hour."

"Make it two." She hung up the phone before he had a chance to say another word. She knew she could be there in less than an hour but she didn't want him to think she would be at his beck and call. She laid back against the couch. It felt nice to finally relax. She propped her feet up on the other end of the couch and grabbed the TV remote.

"I'll watch a little TV before I go." She thought as she flipped through the channels.

******

Parker remembered the first time she saw Wyatt. 'He was really cute.' She thought as she laid her eyes on him. He sat down next to her.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" He asked as he took the seat.

"It's a free place." She smarted off.

"How about I buy you a drink?"

"No, thanks." She tried to blow him off but there was something about his eyes.

"Come on, a pretty lady like you won't let me buy you a drink?" He grinned at her. "What are you having?"

"Vodka on the rocks." Her eyes locked onto his. She didn't know why but she swore his eyes sparkled every time he looked at her.

He motioned for the bartender.

She had gone there to get over Jarod but found herself relaxing in his company. They sat there for hours talking.

******

The next thing Parker remembered the phone was ringing again.

"Jarod." She answered sleepy.

"I thought we were going to meet?" He sounded upset.

"I'm sorry. I fell asleep." She yawned.

"Parker, get some sleep." His voice changed from being upset to concerned.

"I can be there in a few minutes."

"No. I don't want you to risk it. Get some sleep and we'll talk later." He hung up the phone.

Parker turned off the TV and headed to bed.

******

The next morning Parker woke with the sun shining through the curtains. When she raised up, she saw Jarod sitting back in a chair staring at her.

"How did you get in?"

"The same way I always do."

"My key." She sat back against the pillows.

"Do you love him?" Jarod asked as he watched the sunlight hit her hair, showing her red highlights. He loved watching her sleep. He only wished he could have been holding her.

"What kind of question is that?"

"A simple one."

"Why do you ask?"

"Because I want to fight for you and I need to know what I'm up against." He got up and headed toward the bed.

Parker pulled the covers up over her chest. "I don't know." She answered as she licked her lips wet.

"You have to know, Parker." Jarod sat down next to her.

"I don't know what I want anymore." She pulled back the covers to exit the bed when Jarod grabbed her arm.

"I still love you and I know you still love me." He stared up into her eyes. "And we wouldn't be going through this if it wasn't for your father."

"I'm going to be late for work." She pulled loose and headed to the bathroom.

Jarod listened as she turned on the water. He closed his eyes and imagined the water hitting her naked body. It brought back so many pleasurable memories. He opened his eyes again. Then entered the bathroom. He saw the steam raise up over the curtain. He quietly stepped in, touching her arm.

"Get out!" She yelled without turning around.

"I can't." He whispered as his warm breath hit the back of her neck. Then he pulled her back against him, wrapping his arms around her. She tried to pull forward.

"Don't fight it." He spoke softly.

If you want to I can save you I can take you away from here

He kissed her shoulder as his hand moved down her arm. He took her left nipple between his forefinger and thumb until it became hard. Then he kneaded her breast with his hand. Parker began to relax in his arms like she used too. Jarod kissed her neck as she raised her right arm to play in his hair. He turned her around and took her into his arms. Parker's tongue found its way into Jarod's mouth. Pushing him against the shower wall, she pressed hard against him, causing him to get harder with her every touch.

His hand moved down her body and stopped when it reached its destination. Parker took a deep breath when Jarod slid two fingers inside her. She pulled back and stared into his eyes for a moment.

"Stop!" She paused. "We can't." She stepped out of the shower.

Jarod couldn't believe what just happen. He reached down and turned off the cold water that was now running. He stepped out. She stood against the counter staring into the mirror. She had her robe on.

I'm sinking slowly so hurry hold me your hand is all I have to keep me hanging on

"What happened?" He walked up to her.

"Please go before...."

"Before what? Before you can't control herself." He turned her around so she had to look at him.

"Yes."

"Tell me more about you and Wyatt."

"I can't."

"Why?"

Her phone started to ring. She went to answer it.

"Let it ring."

"I can't." She walked toward the bedroom to grab the phone.

"It's probably Wyatt. Let it ring." Jarod tried to stop her.

"I doubt it. You messed that up for me last night!" She shouted back as she picked up the phone.

Jarod wondered what she meant by that as her conversation ended shortly.

"What?" He asked.

"Wyatt and I are over thanks to you."

"Good."

"No, it's not good. You just ruined my plan. Thanks a lot Jarod!" She stormed out.

"Plan?" Jarod said to himself. "What plan?" He followed her.

"My plan to get out of the Centre." She turned around to face him. She was crying. "Now, would you please leave? I have to get to work. I *do* have a job, you know."

He turned around to gather up his clothes. When he returned she was still in the same place.

"I won't bother you again." He turned the door knob.

"Good cause if you come back I *will* have a sweeper team waiting for you."

He walked out her back door and never looked back. She knew he wouldn't believe that so she was expecting him to return later.

******

Wyatt's apartment
An hour later

Jarod stood outside the door debating rather to knock or not when the door opened.

"Jarod?" He stood face to face with Wyatt.

"Yes. How did you know?"

"Parker told me all about you."

"Can I come in?"

"Sure." Wyatt stood back to let him in. "What can I do for you?"

"I wanted to know what your plans are with Parker."

"Plans?"

"Yeah. I want her back and I'm willing to fight for her."

"You can have her back. I know she never loved me. Heck, she wouldn't even let me touch her."

"So, you knew about the baby."

"Yes. She told me after we were seeing each other for a couple of weeks."

"It didn't bother you."

"No. We both had just came out of a bad relationship and I wasn't really wanting to get into another one. We were more like friends. She needed someone to help her out and I was willing."

"Bad relationship? Is that what she told you?"

"Well, it was me with the bad relationship. She told me she had to dump the only man she truly loved because..."

"Of her father." Jarod finished his sentence.

"Something like that."

"Were you two going to get married?"

"That was the plan. She wanted to get away from her father and wasn't sure if he would just let her go."

"Did she tell you what happened to her last boyfriend when she tried to leave once before?"

"Thomas. Yeah, she mentioned something about it."

"I have plan to get her back and I need your help. Will you help me?"

"Maybe. What is it?"

Jarod paced as he told Wyatt his plan.

******

Parker kicked back on the couch. She couldn't believe she told Jarod to leave. Pushing the 'on' button to the TV remote, she flipped through the channels and stopped on one that showed a baby being born. She rested her hand on her abdomen as her mind turned back time...

Parker sat on the edge of the exam table waiting for the doctor to return.

"Good afternoon." The Doctor entered the small room.

"Afternoon." She waited impatiently.

"While I have some news for you. You are pregnant." He sat her file down on the desk.

"Pregnant? Are you sure?"

"Yes. About three weeks."

"Damn." She mumbled. "I can't be pregnant."

"Are you going to be okay?" The doctor replied as he heard her mumble.

"Fine. Is there anything else? I need to be going." She stepped down from the table.

"I want to see you back next month." He told her as she headed out the door.

***

She went straight to Wyatt's.

"Hey, you are here early." Wyatt kissed her check.

"I'm sorry I have to talk to you." She paced the floor. "Wyatt, I don't think we should see each other anymore." She faced him.

"Parker..." He held her hands into his.

"Wait. I'm not finished." She pulled loose and stared into his eyes. "I just found out something today and after you hear it, you will not want to be around me."

"It can't be that bad."

"I'm pregnant." She took a deep breath. "I think it will be the best if we end this before it is to late." She turned to the door, reaching for the knob.

"Parker...wait." He stopped her. "I want to keep seeing you. I don't care if you are pregnant or not. I really like you." He pushed a lock of her hair back from her neck and kissed it. "Please." He whispered.

Parker's attention returned to the present as she heard someone knocking on the door. "Jarod, I told you to go away!"

"It's Wyatt!" He yelled through the door.

"Wyatt." She opened the door. "What are you doing here?" She looked surprised. "I didn't think I would see you again." She wrapped her arms around his neck.

"We have to talk." He pulled loose and walked toward the couch.

"What is it?" She shut the door.

"Do you still want to carry out *our* plan?"

"Why?"

"Cause I had a visit from Jarod tonight."

"What did he do?"

"Nothing. He just talked mostly. It got me to thinking how much I want to be with you. Parker, will you still marry me?"

She let out a heavy sigh. "I'm not sure." She paced in front of him.

"Come on, you are the one that convinced me this would work." He stood, caressing her hand.

"I-I..."

"Think about. Please. That is all I am asking." He kissed her lips. "Please, for the baby." He whispered as he let go of her and walked back to the door. "I will be waiting for your answer." He opened the door and walked out.

Parker paced again. She couldn't believe what she just heard. A smiled danced across her lips as she thought of getting free from the Centre.

******

Two weeks later

Mr. Parker stood in front of his daughter. "You're looking beautiful today." He kissed her cheek.

"Thanks Daddy." She smiled.

There was a knock at the door and Lyle peeked in. "They are ready for you." He shut the door just as fast as he opened it.

"Ready?" Mr. Parker's hand reached out to his daughter.

She let a sigh and took one last glance in the mirror. "Ready." She looped her arm into her father's. He walked her out.

As she walked down the aisle, she couldn't keep her eye off of Wyatt. She couldn't believe in a few minutes she was going to be married. As she got closer to him she was thinking of Jarod. She wander what he was doing, where he could be.

As her father let go of her hand and handed it to Wyatt, Parker didn't remember much after that. She tuned to face Wyatt and saw Jarod standing in the shadows. She couldn't believe Jarod was there after all, he was wanted by the Centre and there he stood at her wedding. Her heart wanted her to run to him and pull him into her arms but her mind was telling her no because she would end up dead.

"Do you Wyatt take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife?" He gazed up into her eyes, "Parker," He whispered. "I can't."

"What?" Parker's attention was brought back to reality when she heard his words.

"I can't. You don't love me the way I love you."

The priest stood there waiting for an answer.

"That is why you should marry Jarod."

"Are you crazy?" She kept her tone down.

Wyatt turned to the guest, "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm sorry but I can't do this when there is someone else..."

Parker squeezed his arm knowing this was going to be the end of her.

"...she loves and should spend the rest of her life with." He then turned around to where Jarod was standing. "Jarod." He stepped aside. "I'm sorry, Parker." He dropped her hand. "You do make a beautiful bride." He moved to the other side of Jarod.

Lyle, Raines, and Sydney jumped up.

"I wouldn't even think about it." Sam stood between Lyle and Raines.

Broots sat nervously between the two older men.

Sydney stood up next to Mr. Parker. "You should let her be happy."

"Raines. Lyle. Sit down." Mr. Parker's voice was stern.

They followed his orders and took their seats. The priest turned back to the couple, "Are we ready to get on with the wedding?"

Jarod took his bride by the hand. "You look beautiful." He caressed her cheek. "Are *we* going to finish this?" He smiled at her.

"I'm dead anyway." She mumbled under her breath. She smiled back.

The priest began with the ceremony as the young couple joined hands. All Parker could think about was how Jarod was a dead man if they lived through this. The next thing she remembered was the priest saying, "You may the kiss the bride."

Jarod placed both hands on either side of her face, pushing a ringlet of hair back. He lend in toward her. His lips gently touched hers as they kissed.

"I would like to introduce to you, Mr. and Mrs. Jarod Russell."

The couple faced the guest as they walked down the aisle. When they got behind the crowd, Jarod whispered in her ear, "I told you to trust me."

"We are not out of this yet, wonder boy." She hissed.

Mr. Parker walked up to the happy couple. "So you really love him?"

"Yes, Daddy."

Jarod took his new bride by the hand. "Honey, we should get going before they change their minds." He glanced over at Lyle and Raines who were exchanging looks.

"Daddy, I will call you later." Parker gave her father a peck on the cheek.

Jarod lead her to the limousine. As he held the door open for her a gun shot rang out over the air and Parker fell into his arms. "NO!" He yelled as he held her limp body.

"Jarod, what happen?" Her eyes blinked.

"Shh, it's going to be ok." He saw the red liquid flow from her abdomen. He quickly placed pressure with one hand. He got her in the back of the limousine and shouted for the driver to drive.

"I told you we wouldn't make it alive." She whispered as her eyes rested.

"Just trust me, my love." He kissed her closed eyes lids as the tears fell from his eyes.

As the limousine drove away Raines watched as Willie dropped the gun to his side.

Part 3