Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

A/N: For Bratling

Secrets & Lies
by Maestra



He was truly in heaven. He drew back the curtain and looked at the group gathered in the yard below enjoying their coffee with the sunrise. His life had never been more perfect.

He’d forgiven Sydney, and Sydney had forgiven him for not making him part of the plan.
With Broots, Angelo, Miss Parker and Audrey on the team, he was confident they could pull it off.
Lyle and Raines were convinced by the rushed analysis of genetic material from one of his copies from Donoterase. He’d made sure there’d been no way for them to put their Pretender together again. Miss Parker’s agreement with the Centre had been honored. She was free.

The chase was finally over… the Huntress won, but the Centre had lost. Setting the steaming cup of coffee on the nightstand, he sat down beside her sleeping form. The white sheet was tangled around her, and early morning light spilled across her dark hair on the down pillow and his tiny silver heart nestled between her breasts on a chain.

He leaned over, gathered her close, and kissed his Angel good morning.

~finis~