Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimers:

“The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

“Kung Fu: The Legend Continues” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to their creators and writers and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


Kung Fu: The Legend Continues.
By: 24.


Jarod ran down the alley trying to get away from the hunters. He looked over his shoulder and found that they were getting closer. Suddenly Sam tackled him from behind. He tried to get up, but Sam hit him and put the cuffs on him.



Miss Parker grinned at Jarod as he was cuffed. She took out a silver case and got out a syringe and advanced on Jarod.



“What is that?”



“This is a sedative so you won’t wake up and escape.”



The sedative was fast acting and his eyes slammed shut and he was carried to the car.



*****

Qui Chan Caine sat on the floor meditating and as he was doing so saw someone running. As the man looked behind him he saw that it was Jarod. He remembered the pretender when he helped his son Peter at the police station. He saw a man tackle him and put cuffs on him. He saw a woman take out a syringe and walk up to him and he didn’t see anything else.



Caine quickly got up and made his way to the police station where his son was working at.



“Peter, I need to talk to you.”



“What is it dad?”



“I need to talk to you in private.”



“Let’s go outside then.”



“Do you remember Jarod?”



“Yes, I remember him. He helped us with that case.”



“He’s not who he pretended to be. I felt it when you brought him to my place and I got a chance to talk to him. You see he was stolen from his parents when he was young and taken to this dark place. He was kept prisoner there for about 30 years or so. They took him because he’s a pretender, a genius who can become anyone he wants to be. He only had contact with a handful of people while he was at the Centre. He had a friend named Miss Parker, but she went off to boarding school, he had his mentor Sydney who made him what he is and sometimes Mr. Raines who was in charge of his brother Kyle. He didn’t know that Kyle was his brother when he met him once inside the Centre he only found out about it a year after he escaped. His childhood friend Miss Parker, Sydney and a computer tech Mr. Broots, is chasing him.



“They found him and took him didn’t they?”



“Yes, I saw it. They drugged him.”



“I’ll have to bring Kermit into this. He might have some information on this.”



“That’s fine. I’m going to find out if he’s awake and where he’s at in the Centre.



Qui Chan Caine when back to his place and sat down. He saw that Jarod was awake and in a cell. He saw someone come up to the cell and talk to him.



“Well, hello Jarod. I’m glad that you are here again.”



“Lyle, what do you want?”



“Well…” he trailed off as he looked at the cart where the jumper cables were.



Jarod backed up from the cell as it opened when Sam and Mr. Lyle came in with the cart. Sam grabbed Jarod and put him in the cuffs over his head.



“Do you remember the last time we did this? My sister was shot and you were back here for three weeks.”



Qui Chan Caine got up and walked towards the police station.



*****

Inside the Precinct in Kermit’s office.



“Do you know anything about a place called the Centre?”



“It sounds familiar from the old days.”



He logged onto the computer and found some information about The Centre.



“I know where the Centre is located.”



“Good we might need your help. We need to get someone out of there?”



“Who is it?”



“It’s this guy named Jarod. He was taken when he was a child by the Centre and was held there and then he escaped. They caught him again and took him back.”



“That name sounds familiar. I think we saw a simulation and the man in there was named Jarod. From what I gather he’s a pretender, a genius who can become anyone he wants to do. So he escaped and now they have him again.”



“Will you help us?”



“Yes.”



******

The Centre.



They looked at the lumbering building before them. They were impressed at the huge building and got out of the car. They made their way to the vent cover lifted it and slipped in. They made their way towards where they were keeping Jarod.



“I know where he’s at. The last time I saw him he was being tortured by a man named Mr. Lyle. We have to get him out now.”



Jarod’s cell.

He heard a noise coming towards his cell he quickly got up and faced whoever was there. He was surprised to find Qui Chan Caine and Peter there.



“It’s not safe for you to be here.” He looked up at the camera, but it was off.



“Don’t worry Jarod we turned them off. We’re here to take you out of here.”



“Thank you.”



They quickly got out of the Centre and drove away.



“Jarod this is Kermit, Kermit this is Jarod.”



“Hello Jarod.”



“Thank you Kermit for helping them get me out of there.”



“Are you okay?” Asked Qui Chan Caine



“Yes.”



“I saw what Mr. Lyle did to you.”



Jarod looked away at that.



They drove until they were away from the Centre. They got out at the bus depot where they were dropping off Jarod.



“Thank you for helping me.”



“You’re Welcome Jarod.”



Qui Chan Caine was the last to say goodbye to Jarod.



“Thank you.”



Caine reached out to Jarod and grabbed him. In Jarod’s mind he had images of his mother who said to him. “I love you Jarod.” Next was his father “I’m so proud of what you became Jarod.” And then there was his brother Kyle. “I’m so sorry that we never had the chance to know each other like normal brothers do. I was glad to be your brother only a short time because you taught me that there’s more to life. Thank you for that big brother.” Then there was Sydney. “I love you like a son Jarod and I’m so sorry that I never told you.”



Jarod opened his eyes and stared at Caine with tears in his eyes. “Thank you.”



“There are people who love you Jarod, not only your family, but your surrogate family too.”



“Thank you for giving me that.”



“You’re Welcome and take care.”



“I will. Thank you for the gift that you gave me. I’ll treasure it always.”



“You’re Welcome.”



Jarod walked away towards the bus and a chance at being free again with the help of some friends.