Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


Author’s Note: Based on The Last Action Hero. I saw this movie a few days ago on TNT and it gave me an idea. Since I am using the idea about the movie then I guess I should include a disclaimer, but it is a little bit different because of the characters. I know that the title is called The Last Action Hero even if it doesn’t even have any connection to it except that the ticket took the kids to Jarod and Jarod went into the real world. Just like Jack Slator did in the movie.


Disclaimer: “The Last Action Hero” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to their creators and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.



The Last Action Hero.
By: 24



Two sixteen year olds sat in front of the TV watching the pretender. This was the twin’s favorite TV show ever since it came on and even watched the reruns on TNT. They followed the storylines of Jarod, Miss Parker, Sydney and the rest of the Centre people along with the other people that interacted with Jarod. Grace loved the lost little boy that peeked out from Jarod’s eyes from time to time and of course Jarod himself. Gabriel liked the pretends and of course Miss Parker. They both liked the story lines and they even watched the two movies that came out on TNT. They wished that there would be another movie to see what was in the scrolls that had Jarod’s name in it. Was Miss Parker in the scrolls too? Why did Mr. Parker look at Jarod strangely when he read them?



“Look what I found in the attic Grace.”



“What is it Gabe?”



“Some kind of ticket.”



Grace grabbed the ticket out of her brother’s hand, but he didn’t want to let go. They struggled with it until it ripped into two.



“You tore the ticket.”



“Well, you’re the one that wouldn’t let me see it.”



Then suddenly the ticket started to glow and blue sparks came out of it. They were thrown into the TV set and fell right into the car Jarod was in. They stared in surprise that they were in the car with the pretender himself.



“Who are you?” asked Jarod



“I’m Grace and this is my brother Gabriel.”



“What are you doing in the car?”



“Why don’t you ask my sister?"



“Well, Jarod we were watching TV..”



“Wait. How do you know my name?” Jarod interrupted.



“Because we watch the show on TNT. We love the pretender and have been watching reruns.”



“TNT? Isn’t that explosives?”



“No, it’s the name of the TV network.”



“Why would a network call themselves TNT?”



“For Turner Network Television.”



“Oh.”



“Anyways, we were watching TV when Gabe showed me a ticket that he had gotten from the attic and it ripped in half.”



“Only because you tried to take it out of my hands.”



“That’s besides the point little brother.”



“Hey, I’m only two minutes younger than you.”



“You’re twins?”



“Yes and were sixteen.”



Jarod stopped along side of the road and turned to look at the two teenagers.



“What about your parents?”



“They are at work right now. We have summer vacation.”



“So Jarod what pretend are you on? What part of the show are you on? How come you didn’t read the scrolls on the island?”



“Scrolls and Island? What do you mean?”



“Don’t you know what happens?”



“If this is really a TV show and I am in it then why haven’t been reunited with my parents? Why did Kyle have to die? I mean I just met my brother a few times and they had to go kill him? Why does the Centre chase me? Why can’t I talk to the sister that I never knew that I had?”



“Because the writers wrote it that way. They wanted the show to be interesting. Miss Parker and you searching for your pasts to the pretends that you do and of course the chase. The interaction between Sydney, Miss Parker and you and the people that you help. What I don’t understand is why don’t you remember all of it?”



“It’s funny sometimes I think I’ve done this before, but it always passes.”



“So what happens on the island?”



“You go to the Island of Carthis to find your mother, but the Centre helicopter comes and Miss Parker steps out and she runs away. You and Miss Parker become allies to find the scrolls, but Mr. Parker, Mr. Raines and sweepers come in before you get the chance to read them. They put you in handcuffs and take you to the plane. While on the plane Miss Parker stows away on it because she wasn’t supposed to be on the plane because she just finds out that Mr. Raines is her father not Mr. Parker. Mr. Parker reads the scrolls and jumps out of the plane with them. At the end of the movie you can hear Harve Presnell’s voice say The Centre Shall rise. The Chosen will be found, a boy named Jarod there looked like to be a w, but you couldn’t see past the w.”



“Who’s Harve Pressnell?”



“The man who plays Mr. Parker.”



“Oh.”



“Who plays me? What about Miss Parker and Sydney?”



“Michael T. Weiss. Andrea Parker and Patrick Brachau.”



“Oh.”



“Do I ever find my parents? Do I ever quit running?”



“Well, the Island of the Haunted is the last movie that we see, so we don’t know what happens after that. I hope to think that you will find your mom, dad, sister and clone.”



“Clone? I have a clone?”



“Yes, they cloned you.”



“Show me the ticket that brought you here.”



“Sure.”



Grace took out her half of the ticket in her pocket and handed it to Jarod. He took it and turned it over looking at it very closely. He was about to hand it back when the ticket glowed and Gabe touched his hand to the car window and it went through it. He turned to his sister.



“It’s working again. We can go home.”



Grace turned to Jarod. “Do you want to come with us?”



He turned to Gabe and watched as he touched the window again. Then watched as both twins went through the car and disappear. Jarod decided to try it and he tumbled to the carpeted floor. He blinked as the sun shown on the white Berber carpet. He looked around. The couch was a tan color and there was a big screen TV that he had just came out of. He picked himself up from the floor and stared at the twins.



“You followed us. Good. I’m glad that you did.”



“Where are we?”



“We are in sunny California. San Francisco to be exact.”



“I was here in a pretend.”



“You are in the real world now. We are not in the television world anymore.”



Jarod walked to the window and glanced out. He saw a black town car roll by and he quickly tried to find a way out.



“Jarod, it’s okay. That’s our neighbor. There is no Centre here. The building that was used for the Centre is actually a water containment area, but it’s not working now. You are safe here.”



“Sorry, but it’s kind of hard to break the habit.”



“I understand.”



“Come on let’s go catch the bus. We can take you to Pier 39.”



“There’s a bus nearby.”



“Yes, just down the block.”



They walked down the block and caught the bus to go to Pier 39. Jarod walked around in wonder looking around.



“I’ve never been here before.”



The twins smiled at each other. They walked up and down the Pier looking at all the shops. Jarod stepped into a candy shop and brought some pez and other candy.



“Do you want to get some ice cream?”



“I love ice cream.”



“We know.” Both twins laughed.



“Oh, ya the TV show.”



“Yes, we saw the pilot episode when you first escaped and you had ice cream for the first time.”



“That was the very first time that I’ve ever been out of the Centre. I was glad that Todd Baxter stopped and let me into his car.”