Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


Thinking
Major Charles.
By: 24


He watches as Jeremy walks out of the house with the basketball in his hand dribbling it on the sidewalk as he walks down it. He turns toward the stairs where he hears music coming from. His daughter Emily is up there doing something he didn’t know. Ethan was outside reading a book. He thought about the day that he had met with Jarod for the first time since he was taken from his bedroom. They have waited all these years to have children and now both of them were gone. One forever and the other one has to be on the run too. Jarod was his little man when he was younger, such an inquisitive and bright boy his oldest child was. He still is because the Centre wouldn’t be chasing him if he weren’t. Sometimes when he looked at Jeremy he would think this is what my son would of looked like when he was this age. Sometimes he even felt guilty because he didn’t want to rescue Jeremy and Jarod did. He was such a good man and that reflected on how he was raised.

Sydney was the one who raised his son, but knew that he was glad that he did. He remembered talking to Sydney as they made their way to the airport to do the exchange. He seemed like a nice man and he knew that Sydney felt bad in keeping his son away from him. He remembered talking to Catherine when she hid them at Harriet’s loft in the barn. He had resented Sydney for keeping his son, but he knew that it wasn’t his fault. As everything it all turned to be the Centre’s fault. He knew that Jacob, Sydney’s brother was in a coma because he tried to save the children. He guessed that Sydney never helped Jarod because he was afraid that he might suffer the same fate as his twin brother.

Emily his darling daughter was happy that they had found two family members when he had introduced her to Jeremy and to Ethan. It didn’t matter to her that Jeremy was a clone and that Ethan was her half brother. She loved them the same and mothered Jeremy so much so that he knew that Jeremy was getting tired of it. Maybe someday she would stop doing that.

Ethan was unique in his own right. He was graced with the Inner Sense, but had the pretender gene in him too. He could always tell when Ethan was listening to his mother. He often wondered what she was telling him, but never asked him about it. He knew that he needed privacy and he wouldn’t intrude unless Ethan told him something.

He watched as Jeremy came up the walkway dribbling the basketball on the sidewalk and then walks through the door. He smiled to the young man and told him to call his sister and brother and to wash up because it was time for dinner.

The End.