Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


Thinking
Broots
By: 24



Broots picks up his daughter from school and as they drive home he asks about her day. She is such a delightful child and he thanks Jarod for letting him keep her. Without Jarod’s help then she would have had to go live with her mother and that was somewhere that she didn’t want to go. He parked the car and Debbie races towards the door waiting for her father to unlock it. Once inside she races towards her room to change and then goes outside. Broots makes his way towards his room to put his things down and then back to the kitchen.

He looks at Debbie playing in the backyard. He thinks about what Jarod’s parent’s felt like when they found out that Jarod was taken and then their other son Kyle never to be seen again. He would die if anything ever happened to Debbie. He goes to work everyday trying to find out where Jarod is everyday, yet he still helped him with Debbie and Damon. He could see the look of anguish that passed through Jarod’s face when he shot and killed Damon. He meant what he had said that he respected Jarod and that didn’t change when he killed Damon. Jarod the tortured little boy in a mans body. What would it have been like for a little boy to be taken from the only family that he’s ever known to a dark and dreary place to be locked up and isolated? He marveled that Jarod was naïve when he escaped and when they started hunting him they found out what he discovered. He was happy that Jarod enjoyed his freedom and helped the people that otherwise would have never been helped.

He loved Miss Parker, but ever since she had rejected him he never told her again. That and he was still afraid of her. She had this hard look to her, but he knew that she cared about him, Sydney and Debbie. She also cared about Jarod. He knew that when she almost took his hand when he made the tape of Jarod asking Sydney about women. She was so angry with Jarod for some reason. What would it have been like to have your mother shot right in front of her and then years later to find out that she didn’t die in the elevator, but died when Raines shot and killed her to get to Ethan.

Sydney the ever-vigilant father figure. He knew that he sometimes tried to save Jarod from the darker side of the Centre, but sometimes that wasn’t possible Like that time where Raines and Lyle stopped his heart. When Lyle played jumper cable games with Jarod. He even tried to reason with Miss Parker sometimes, but even then that was not possible.

He watched once more as his daughter play then walked towards the door to call her in to dinner.

The End.