Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

 

Disclaimer:  In first chapter.

 

 

 

Chapter 6

 

 

 

“Mom, you’re home!” came an excited voice from behind her as she closed the door.  Turning around, she saw Brandon running too her.  Seconds later, he crashed into her, wrapping his tiny arms around her, burying his face in her waist.  Miss Parker didn’t know what to do as her hands hung limply on the side.  This whole mothering thing was very new to her.  However, when Brandon looked up at her with an adorable smile on his face, she couldn’t stop herself from embracing him back, placing a kiss on top of his head.

 

 

 

“Hey Mom,” Josh called out from the kitchen as he dried his hands off with a dishtowel. 

 

 

 

“Hi Mrs. Hunter,” said Debbie, standing beside Josh.

 

 

 

Miss Parker glanced over at Debbie.  “Mrs. Hunter?”

 

 

 

“Oh, I’m sorry.  I forgot about that.”  She stopped, knocking her palm to the side of her head, as if knocking some sense back into her.  “What I meant to say was…”

 

 

 

Miss Parker smiled at the girl.  “It’s okay, Debbie.”  She couldn’t help but smile at the irony of the name.  ‘So, Jarod’s last name was Hunter,’ she thought to herself.  

 

 

 

Seeing movement coming from the corner of her eye, she saw Sarah come walking in with an empty glass.  However, compared to her other two children Sarah just ignored her presence. 

 

 

 

“Sarah look, mom’s home,” commented a happy Brandon.

 

 

 

Sarah stopped mid stride and looked at Miss Parker.  Looking her up and down she said non-chalantly, “So what?”  Shrugging her shoulders, she went into the kitchen.

 

 

 

Debbie gave Sarah an incredulous look.  “Sarah!” she chided.

 

 

 

Coming back out of the kitchen, Sarah looked at Debbie.  “What?”

 

 

 

Josh chimed in, taking a step closer to Sarah.  “You know what, you’re some piece of work.  I’m so sick and tired of this selfish brat routine you’ve got going,” he said with disgust.

 

 

 

Not backing down, Sarah took a step closer to her twin, anger burning in her brown eyes.  “Josh, get off of your high horse and get a life.  You’re not Dad, so stop trying to take his place.  As for her,” she paused, pointing at Miss Parker, “she got what she deserved,” she spat out.

 

 

 

“Sarah, you don’t mean that,” commented Debbie.

 

 

 

Sarah turned on Debbie.  “Yes, yes I do,” she replied harshly.  “Now, if you excuse me, I’m going out tonight.”  She was about to leave when Josh grabbed her arm.

 

 

 

“Who you going out with?” he demanded.

 

 

 

Tearing her arm away from his grasp she said, “None of your damn business.”

 

 

 

Josh turned from his sister to his mother.  “Mom, you can’t let her go out with him,” he pleaded.

 

 

 

“Who?” was all Miss Parker could ask.  She had no idea who they were talking about.

 

 

 

“Brad, that college frat guy,” answered Josh.  Looking back at Sarah he continued, “You know he only wants one thing from you, and once he gets it, he’ll throw you back onto the street as if you were yesterday’s garbage.”

 

 

 

Sarah glared at her brother.  “You don’t know what you’re talking about.  You haven’t even met him.  How would you know how he’s like?”

 

 

 

“Let’s just say I’ve heard the rumors about him.”

 

 

 

Sarah let out an exasperated sigh as she turned around, and walked towards the living room, unfortunately Josh blocked her way.  “Josh, get out of my way,” she growled out.

 

 

 

“No,” he simply said.

 

 

 

Sarah looked back at her Mom.  “Tell him to get out of my way,” she said calmly.

 

 

 

Miss Parker could already feel a headache coming on.  Pinching the bridge of her nose, she closed her eyes.  Looking back up she said, “Sarah, maybe it’s best if you stay in tonight.  Besides, I would like to talk to you.”

 

 

 

Miss Parker could see the rage blazing in her eyes.  “I can’t believe this!  You always take his side over mine.  I’m so sick of everyone treating Josh as if he’s the greatest thing that ever walked the earth.  It’s bad enough that Grandpa Parker treats him like God, but you…” she was so angry, she couldn’t even finish the sentence.

 

 

 

“I’m not taking sides,” Miss Parker said defensively as she walked over to Sarah, putting a hand on her shoulder.  Her hand didn’t rest long as Sarah swatted it away.

 

 

 

“No, don’t touch me.  I’m so sick of this family.  I’m so sick of YOU!  I hate you! I wish you weren’t even my mother!  I wish Zoe was my mother!” she shouted as she ran past Josh and her mother, going up to her room.  Seconds later, they were greeted with the sound of a door slamming.

 

 

 

Feeling uncomfortable Debbie said, “I…I better get going.”  With that, she quickly scurried to the door, letting herself out.

 

 

 

Josh looked at his mother and could see the hurt in her eyes.  “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to cause such a huge fight between the two of you,” he said with remorse.  “I just don’t want to see Sarah get hurt by this guy.  I thought I was doing the right thing.”

 

 

 

Reaching up, Miss Parker patted his shoulder.  “It’s okay.  I’m glad you said something.  She shouldn’t be dating someone from college.  She’s way to young for that.”  Giving him a weak smile she pulled her hand away.  “Does Jarod know about her and this guy?” she asked.

 

 

 

“To tell you the truth, I don’t know.”

 

 

 

Letting out a tired sigh, Miss Parker walked over to the stairs and climbed them.  When she reached the second floor she found Sarah’s room easily, since it was the only door closed.  Walking over, she stopped in front of it.  She was about to open the door, but stopped herself.  She couldn’t just barge into her room.  Taking her hand away from the doorknob, she lightly knocked on the door.  “Sarah, can I come in?” she said gently.

 

 

 

“Go away!” the girl yelled back.

 

 

 

Feeling her irritation starting to build, she said with a firmer voice, “Sarah, open up the door.”

 

 

 

“Are you deaf?  Didn’t you just hear me?  I said go away!” she yelled more harshly.

 

 

 

‘That’s it,’ Miss Parker thought to herself.  She was tired of playing nice.  Reaching for the doorknob, she turned it, trying to let herself in, however the door wouldn’t budge since it was locked.  “Young lady, open this door right now!” she demanded.

 

 

 

“No,” answered Sarah.  A few seconds later, Miss Parker heard the stereo blasting at a high volume.

 

 

 

“What a pain in the ass,” she mumbled to herself.  Deciding to let Sarah calm down for a while, she decided to go back downstairs. 

 

 

 

Meanwhile in Sarah’s room, she waited ten minutes before she called Brad.  Picking up her cell phone, she dialed his number.  After the third ring he answered the phone, “Yeah.”

 

 

 

“Hi, it’s me,” she whispered into the phone as she walked over to the window.

 

 

 

“Hey there,” he replied back in low husky voice.  “I know I’m running late, but I haven’t forgot about you.  I’m on my way even as we speak.”

 

 

 

Sarah smiled.  “I’m not worried about that, it’s just that I need you to park at the end of my street.”

 

 

 

“Why all the secrecy?  You’re not ashamed of me, are you?” Brad asked light heartily.

 

 

 

Sarah shook her head.  “No, it’s not that.  My Mom found out about you, courtesy of my holier than thou brother,” she bit out sarcastically.  “But don’t worry.  I’m still going out with you tonight.  I won’t let my mother run my life.”

 

 

 

“Alright baby, whatever you say.  I should be there in five minutes.  Bye.” 

 

 

 

Sarah heard the dial tone come over the phone.  Turning off her cell phone, she threw it in her purse.  Wrapping her purse securely around her, she opened up her window and climbed down to the ground.  Taking one last glance at the house she said to herself, “They won’t keep me away from you, Brad.  My mother doesn’t know you like I do.  I know you would never lie to me.”  Turning on her heels, she bolted down the street.

 

 

 

When she reached the end of the street, she found Brad’s car waiting by the curb.  Grinning to herself, she ran over to the car and threw the door open.  Once she closed the door, she leaned over and kissed Brad on the lips.  When she opened her eyes, she found Brad staring at her adorningly.  Giving her a devilish grin he commented, “Let’s have a little fun of our own tonight.”  With that, he put the car in drive and sped down the street into the dark filled night.

 

 

 

XXXXXX

 

 

 

To Be Continued…