Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer:  In first chapter.

 

 

Chapter 26

 

 

Sam stormed into the Winchester police station with Miss Parker and Jarod on his heels.  Walking up to the desk, he said brusquely, “I was called about a domestic disturbance dispute.”  Signaling behind him with his hand he continued, “Three of our children…”

 

“Make that four,” came a voice from behind the trio as a man walked up to them.

 

“Broots, aren’t you supposed to be at that computer conference in D.C.?” questioned a confused Jarod.

 

“Well, I was, but my ex wife decided to call me this afternoon to tell me she was going to Atlantic City for the weekend, not even caring about Debbie’s welfare.  God, I don’t know why I continue to take Debbie to her mother’s when all the woman cares about is gambling and making a quick buck,” Broots stated sadly.  “It’s just sad because in the mothering department, Debbie got a raw deal.” 

 

“Yeah, she did, but look on the positive side, she’s got you as a father,” said Jarod.  “Long as she has you in her life she’ll be okay.”

 

Broots shrugged his shoulders.  “I…I guess you’re right.”

 

“Do you two need to get a room or something?” Miss Parker asked sarcastically.  “I’m guessing this must be male bonding at its finest.”

 

Behind her, she could hear the female officer behind the desk chuckling to herself.  Walking up to the desk, and standing beside Sam she asked,” What happened to our children?  Are they in trouble?  Did they get hurt?”

 

“Ma’am calm down.  Lieutenant Henderson will be with you all in just a moment.  Have a seat,” the officer suggested as she waved her hand towards the waiting area.

 

Glaring at the woman, she reluctantly went to sit with the guys.  As she took a seat by Jarod, he wrapped his arm around her, bringing her close to him.  Rubbing her arm he whispered, “Everything’s going to be okay.”

 

“But what if it isn’t?”

 

Jarod stared at her thoughtfully before answering, “We just have to stay positive.”

 

 

XXXXXXX

 

Josh, Debbie, Sarah, and Eli were being held in one of the vacant interrogation rooms.  Sarah was practically lying on the floor as Eli nervously paced back and forth, chewing on his fingernails as he did so.  Letting out a weary sigh, Josh looked over at Debbie who was sitting beside him on the couch, looking nervous as ever.  When she pushed a few strands of hair behind her ear he was able to see the slight bruising around the area where Brad stuck the needle into her neck.  Feeling anger beginning to burn in him again his thoughts went back to earlier tonight…

 

 

“Let me in right now,” Brad demanded through the pounding.

 

“Ah shit, what the hell do we do now?” asked Eli worriedly.

 

Seeing a small closet within the room, Josh went and opened it.  “Damn,” he muttered to himself.

 

“What is it?” asked Eli.

 

“There’s only enough room for two people.”  Glancing back around he said, “Debbie, you and Sarah hide in here while we take care of Brad.”

 

“But…”

 

Going over to Debbie he laid his hands on her shoulders as he knelt down to her eye level.  “Listen, don’t worry, everything is going to be fine, but we need to keep you two hidden from him.”  Nodding, Debbie went over to help Sarah up along with Josh.  As they stepped into the small space, Sarah was beginning to pass out.  Josh knew there was no way Debbie could hold Sarah up for that long.  Turning to Eli, he told him to go into the closet with his sister.  As Josh closed the door behind them, he told Debbie to hide in the shower.  Once she closed the shower curtain, he signaled for Chris to open the door.

 

Brad barged in, knocking Chris to the floor as four of his other buddies stood behind him.  “Where are they?” he asked furiously as he hovered over Chris.

 

“I…I don’t know where they are.  They must’ve got away when I went downstairs.  My cousin and are I trying to find them.  His friend thought he saw one of them downstairs,” Chris answered nervously.

 

“Liar!” Brad roared.  With a flip of his hand, two of his buddies picked Chris off the floor as if he weighed nothing.  Each grabbing a hold of Chris’ arms, Brad took a step closer.  Josh didn’t know what to do as he watched helplessly from the sidelines.  Then, without warning, Brad punched Chris in the gut.  Josh could hear the younger man gasp as the air was knocked out of him.  Josh tried to help him, but Brad’s other two goons held him back.

 

“Now, let me ask again, where are the girls?” Brad asked in a threatening tone.

 

Head hung low, Chris stared at the floor, then looked over at Josh.  He pleaded with his eyes for Chris not to tell them.  Rising his head slightly, Chris responded back with a more defiant stare, “Go to hell, Asshole.”

 

A sinister smile played across Brad’s lips.  “I hate to disappoint you, but I won’t be going to hell tonight, as for you, give my regards to Lucifer.”  Bringing his arm back, Brad slammed his fist once again into Chris’ gut.  Josh closed his eyes as Chris’ cries of anguish filled the air.  Josh could hear more punches be thrown, as Chris was beaten to a pulp. 

 

Taking a deep breath, Josh opened his eyes, still shocked at what laid before him.  Chris’ left eye was swollen shut as his nose and bottom lip was bleeding pretty badly.  As Brad’s buddies threw him to the ground, they started their next round of pounding as they kicked him over and over again.  Not being able to take anymore he shouted out, “Stop it; you’re going to kill him.”

 

Brad looked up at him, smile getting broader by the second.  “Well, that’s the idea…Josh.”

 

Josh stared at him in disbelief.  “How did you know who I was?”

 

Walking over to Josh, Brad stopped in front of him.  “Well, one must always know who their enemies are.”

 

“But…but how can I be an enemy if you’re dating my sister,” Josh stammered out.

 

“Well, as I recall, last night you got your sister into trouble by telling your parents about me.”  Pausing, he added, “You shouldn’t have done that.”  As two of the guys dragged Chris out, Brad walked over to the bathroom door, locking it behind them.  “I think its time to have a private party of our own.”

 

Josh felt the two guys beside him tighten their grips around his arms as Brad walked up to him, cracking his knuckles along the way.  “What…what are you going to do?” Josh asked fearfully.

 

Brad ignored him as he walked over by the bathtub.  With a swipe of his hand, he threw the shower curtain open revealing a startled Debbie.  Josh ceased breathing as Brad told Debbie to step out.  As Debbie did what she was told, Brad stood behind her, wrapping his arm around her waist pulling her close to him.  Josh struggled against the two apes beside him as he tried to get to Brad.

 

By now, Debbie was beginning to cry silent tears as Brad pressed his mouth against her ear, running his forefinger along her jaw line, then down her neck as he pushed her hair away, revealing a small bruise on her neck.  Josh knew she didn’t have that before the game, so how did she get it?  

 

As if reading his thoughts, Brad said, “Oh dear, would you look at that.”  Beside him, Josh could hear the two goons chuckling to themselves.  Locking eyes with Josh, Brad continued, “Josh, did you know what a little fighter Debbie is?  Boy, did she put up quite a struggle when I tried to inject her with my mysterious drug.”

 

“Let her go,” Josh growled out as he continued to thrash about. 

 

“Oh, and what are you going to do, Romeo?  Are you going to come over and kick my ass,” Brad taunted.

 

Watching Brad kissing his way down Debbie’s neck was the last straw for Josh.  Abruptly, he pushed himself back, surprising the two goons beside him as they slammed against the wall.  Once Josh was free, he made his way over to Brad who had a firm headlock around Debbie’s neck.  “Come near me and I’ll snap Juliet’s little neck in two,” Brad warned.

 

Glowering at him, Josh decided to take a risky chance.  Still keeping his eyes on Brad, he began to talk to Debbie in French, hoping Brad wouldn’t understand what he was saying.  Seeing no recognition enter Brad’s eyes, he continued on.  Once he was done, Debbie nodded to him.  As Debbie counted to three, Josh prepared himself to charge after Brad.  When she said three in French, Debbie elbowed him in the ribs.  Loosing his grip on the girl, Debbie scurried away as Josh went after him.

 

With a loud thud, they landed on the ground as Josh punched him in the face.  “I’m going to kill you, you son of a bitch!” Josh spat out as he continued to punch him.  Behind him he could hear a crashing sound.  Glancing to his side, he noticed the closet door was slightly ajar.  Eli must be fighting behind me, he thought to himself.  As he turned back towards Brad he was unprepared as Brad’s fist smashed against his jaw, tossing him to the side.

 

Brad was on him instantly as he tried to punch Josh again, but Josh stopped him half way through as he grabbed his arm.  They wrestled about the floor, trying to get control of the situation.  Josh couldn’t believe how strong Brad was as his struggles were weakening by the second. 

 

As Brad punched him again, Josh saw something shiny being lifted above Brad’s head.  Knowing what was about to come, Josh closed his eyes.  He winced as he heard the sound of metal being smacked against human flesh.  Then it was over.  Opening his eyes, he found an unconscious Brad lying on top of him.  Shoving him aside, he sat up to find Debbie off to the side with the metal towel rack held loosely in her hand.

 

“Deb?”

 

With trembling fingers, Debbie dropped the metal rack as she backed against the wall and slid down, burying her face in her hands.  Her body shook with uncontrollable sobs as realization of what she done sank down upon her.  Crawling over to her, Josh sat down beside her, wrapping his arms around her shaking shoulders.  “Sshh, it’s okay, Debbie,” he kept repeating, having no idea of what else to say as he tried to comfort her the best way he could.  Shortly after, police cruisers and an ambulance pulled in front of the house, breaking up the party…

 

 

“Debbie?”

 

“Huh,” answered Debbie with a vacant expression.

 

Not knowing what to say, Josh reached out and grabbed her hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.  “Everything’s going to be okay.”

 

On the verge of tears again, Debbie nodded as she laid her head on top of his shoulder.  “I hope you’re right, Josh.  I really do.”

 

XXXXXXX

 

 

Feeling anxious, Miss Parker began to pace back and forth.  Boy, what she wouldn’t give for a cigarette right now, she thought to herself.  Hearing a door opening up behind the front desk, all occupants in the waiting area stood up.

 

The first man to appear was a man in his mid 50’s, with thinning gray hair.  Next came a man that both Jarod and her despised—Brad, looking smug as ever.  Then the big shocker of them all was a man that Jarod warned her about in the past.  The grim reaper.

 

“Mr. Cox,” Miss Parker gasped as she stood beside Jarod.

 

“Andrew, what are you doing here?” asked a perplexed Jarod.

 

“I’m here, helping my son out,” Mr. Cox responded back coolly as he glanced at Miss Parker, smiling at her.

 

“I…I didn’t know you had a son,” Jarod replied back in confusion.  “Who is he?”

 

Tearing his gaze away from Miss Parker, Mr. Cox looked back at Jarod.   Smiling at his former colleague, Mr. Cox patted the young man’s shoulder standing beside him.  “Jarod and Parker, I would like you to meet my son, Brad.”

 

XXXXXXX

 

To Be Continued…