Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


Captured
By: 24


Jarod looked around the hallway as he ran down it. Good there were no sweepers around as he took off the vent cover and slid in and put the cover back on. He crawled around for a while then pushed the cover off the vent off and crawled out and put the cover back on. He raced towards the orchid and waved down a car that was driving past the Centre. The couple stopped and gave him a ride to Blue Cove and let him out.

“Thank you for giving me a ride.”

“You’re Welcome Jarod.”

“Goodbye.”

“Goodbye Jarod.”

He walked down the street and towards the freeway and got another ride from another person. The man picked him up and dropped him off two towns later. He got out and then made his way to the greyhound station. He got out and made his way towards the station and grabbed the key that he had gotten from his hideout that he had secured if he was ever captured. He unlocked it and got out his duffel bag and took it out and made his way to the ticket counter. He carried the Halliburton case that he had liberated from the Centre once again. His disks were still there where they belonged. General Thompson had given the Halliburton case to the pursuit team when they came to take him back to the Centre.

After he got off the bus he went towards a hotel room and took the key and made his way towards his room. He would have to get a car soon he thought to himself. He got out his phone that was in the duffel bag and dialed a familiar number.

“This is Sydney.”

“Hello Sydney.”

“I’m glad that you called. How are you?”

“I’m fine Sydney. I’m glad to be out of the compound and the Centre, but I’m not glad that I did the Sims for the General and the Centre.”

“It was the drugs Jarod. It’s not your fault.”

“I know that, but I can’t help but think it is my fault.”

“I’m sorry for what happened to you Jarod.”

“It’s not your fault Sydney. It’s because I’m a pretender, a genius who can become anyone I want to be is why they took me. It’s why I was stolen from my parents. If I were normal I would be with my parents and if Kyle were normal he would still be alive. There would be no need for the Centre and Mrs. Parker would still be alive. It was partly my fault that she’s dead. I think that’s why Miss Parker hates me so much.”

“No it’s not Jarod.”

“I’ve got to go now.”

“Goodbye Jarod. Keep safe.”

“Thank you. Goodbye Sydney.”

They both hung up and Jarod stared out the window and then closed the blinds and watched T.V. He then went out to order some food, took it to the local park and ate it there. He walked around the little pond that was in the middle of the park and then sat on one of the benches that lined the pond. He closed his eyes and tipped his head towards the sun as it beat down on him. He inhaled the fresh air as he sat there. Marveling that he was once again outside and not at the compound or inside the Centre. Once again he had escaped and he wanted to keep it that way. When he was inside the compound he was in a cell that had not windows and neither did the makeshift sim lab. He put his food into the bag, got up, walked towards the garbage can and threw it away. He then made his way towards the mall where he would get some new clothes and candy.

The End.