Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer is in part one. This part of the story is finally drawing to an end and I want to thank those who seem to enjoy. I would never have done any of this if it weren't for those of you who write so much better than I do.



Whatever It Takes
Part XXV

Trisha







25/25

Blue Cove
Delaware

Wynne was bored.

A key player, a member of a group who tried to change the world by exploiting those whose talents were considered genius. At least that's what those at the tower believed, a loyal subject. She was good, she had to admit it. It was her favorite pastime, pretending, and something she'd been doing for a long time.

Sitting in Parker's office, she waited for the two she had summoned. They were probably less than enthusiastic about this meeting. She on the other hand was thrilled.

Wynne sighed, heavily. One of the worst things anyone could do to her was piss her off. Yet the prospect of chewing those out who did was wonderfully exhilirating. A sort of sexual release for her.

Sighing, again, Wynne clicked on the mailbox icon of her cell phone, and was rewarded by the code word-NICENE. There was a moments silence in the office, before she allowed herself, a big smile and a wonderful chuckle.Success.

The knob on the door began to turn, so Wynne pasted an expression of indifference on her features and waited. They kept her waiting long enough, so payback was only fair. She'd play it cool, let them think that everything was fine. She would make Lyle dance, and she'd name the tune. REVENGE. It was all so simple and the rewards, gratifying. Rising from the chair, she planted herself in the middle of the room, arms folded, feet mere inches apart, then she watched as pretty boy allowed step-mommy to enter ahead of him. Brigette was nervous and would not look her in the eyes. That was a good sign, she knew that she had tangled one to many times. Wynned always liked the power that came with intimidation. It was a strong, heady feeling, she always told Parker that sometimes being a bitch paid off.

"Mrsssss. Parker," Wynne stretched the Mrs. just a little to uncomfortablely for Brigette. It was clearly a warning, what the tower maketh the tower breakth. Wynne watched the blonde, what was it that Parker called her, oh yes the troll, squrim.

"Winnieeeee," Lyle cooed, a grin on his face, a look of pure terror crossing Brigette's. Mistake one, Wynne thought, smiling.

"Who let you out of the playpen?" he smirked, his blue eyes twinkling, brightly.

Mistake two! Come on Lyle, one more, please, Wynne continued to smile. Yet her green eyes narrowed, like a cat's .

"So, the triumverate allowed the baby to come and . . . ."

Mistake three, oh thank you so much, Lyle, Wynne thought. Her eyes now mere slits, as her hand clamped down suddenly on his wrist, her long slender blood-red talon squeezing the place where his thumb use to be, unrelentingly. Groaning, in pain, Lyle dropped to his knees,

Brigette standing there, mouth agape.

"The "E" is silent, understand," she said through clenched teeth, her talon never loosening her grip, "You made this baby angry, you self-serving bastard. This baby could break you too, pretty boy. There's a room waiting for you on renewal wing, should baby make the reservations. How long would you like to stay? Indefinately, I think." Wynne released her grip on his hand and watched him lose his balance, landing with a loud thud on the floor. A small snicker releasing itself from her throat.

"Get up, you little fool!" Wynne hissed," I hate those who think they are smarter, better and wittier than me, with the only exception being your sister. You, Lyle, therefore have the number one spot on my top ten list of fools. The incompetence that you exhibited in the murder of Thomas Gates is and was beyond my comprehension. The Centre had to mop up that mess and there's still leakage seeping out from it. What the hell where you thinking? You left a trail, Lyle. A big one.Your sister is not a fool. She is trying to uncover the truth. Personally, I would love a front-row ring-side seat to see her blow your stupid fucking brains out, just like you did the carpenter's, that is if your sister discovers the truth. Would prove fascinating entertainment, the only thing that she'll need to clean up with after the deed, will be a thimble."

"But Wynne, she wanted to leave. No one leaves the . . ." Brigette started to whine, only to be silenced by Wynne's hand.
"How long do you think it would have lasted? She would have been bored in six months. Moving from house to house while he played Mr. Fix-it. No excitement, no thrill of the chase. Your sister lives for the hunt. It keeps her alive, now I'm not so sure. You imbeciles may have given her the impetus to seek revenge."

"If you believe Miss Parker's loyalities regarding the Centre are. . ." Brigette started to say.

"Who said anything about the Centre? Parker wants answers and she's tenacious enough to find them. That's why I'm here. I have a very special project for her," Wynne grinned.

"What about us?" Lyle asked.

"You have been re-assigned to finding the Major and the boy. And you my dear, are to stay out of my way and spawn." Wynne replied, sarcastically, " Now get the hell out of my sight. Oh and Lyle, no more screw ups. Like I said there's a room just waiting for you!"

The two quickly exited the office and nearly bumped into Broots, who was reading a rather interesting print-out. He looked up to find Wynne staring at him from the doorway, her hand outstretched. Reluctantly, he handed over the paper, and began to make his way to Sydney's office.

"Broots," Wynne drawled, watching him turn back around and walk slowly toward her.

"Yeeesss," he stammered, his knees shaking, he swore everyone could hear them knocking.

"Has he seen this, yet? " she rustled the paper, slightly.

"Nooooo, I was just on my way to renewal wing to give it to him?"

"Really, oops, what a shame! " Broots watched as Wynne deliberately shredded the print-out into tiny strips and then brought her face close to his," Is there anything else that needs your attention at the moment?"

"Nnnnnno, not with Miss Parker gone. Raines had me running a search on the. . .that was the only thing that I was working on. Why?" his eyes got big and his heart started to race as fear set in.

"I hear that you have a lovely daughter. So, I thought that since I don't get to leave my office to often, that you and she would like to join me for a picnic, " Wynne grinned, totally blowing Broots mind.

"Sure, Miss. Wyn. . . ." his cheeks red with embarassment.

"Broots, leave the Miss for Parker. Meet me here in an hour." Wynne turned and headed toward the elevator, Broots stood there his mouth open, speechless, when Sydney found him.

"What is it, Broots?" Sydney asked.

"Wynne just asked me and Debbie to join her for lunch," Broots said, still stunned.

"And?"

"And what? Sydney, I told her, we'd go," he whispered.

"So, go." Syndey said as he looked at the computer tech.

"Okay. Syd, is it safe for me to take Debbie?"

"She survived being with Miss Parker, didn't she, she'll survive being with Wynne," Sydney said, a smile forming.

"Thanks, Syd. Oh! If Mr. Raines comes looking for his research, tell him the files came back empty. Nothing, nada , a complete zero. I have to call Debbie and tell her I get to spend time with her today before school starts," Broots grinned.

Sydney watched Broots happily walked into his office to make his phone call and shook his head.

"Broots, my friend, Debbie has nothing to be worried about, but you do," Sydney murmured to no one in particular.


SL-8

"Angelo," the voice whispered in the semi-dark," Angelo, answer me, please."

"Scared?" came the reply," No be scared."

"Yes, I'm scared. Where's J? Angelo, where did they take him?"

"J found other half. Daughter tried. Friend helped. Daughter hurt. Safe with father."

"Angelo, you don't make any sense. What do you mean that J found other half?" the voice cried.