Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer is in part one. This part of the story is finally drawing to an end and I want to thank those who seem to enjoy. I would never have done any of this if it weren't for those of you who write so much better than I do.



Whatever It Takes
Part XXIV

Trisha







24/25

THE CENTRE
Blue Cove, Delaware
Miss Parker's office

"Sydney, why is she here?" Broots whispered.

"I'm not sure Broots. Wynne usually doesn't bother with lowly peons," Sydney replied, "She's a mystery, unto herself."

"You know her?" Broots' eyes went wide.

"She came to the Centre about ten years ago. Rose up through the higher eschelon, quickly. The tower promoted her about two years later, she doesn't leave the tower often. She's got final say on all special projects, except for Raines, he does what he pleases. They don't get along."

"Special Projects?"

"Let's put it this way Broots, when Wynne is around, there's something big planned. In other words, someone ticked her off and heads will roll. And that is not a figure of speech."

Broots gulped nervously as he watched Sydney knock on Miss Parker's office door.

"Come," the voice spoke.

"Wynne," Sydney said slowly.

"Good to see you again, Sydney."

"I'll reserve judgement on that Wynne," Sydney answered, but a slight smile graced his lips.

"Fine! Where's Parker?"

"According to Lyle, she's. . . ."

"I don't give a damn what Lyle says. She can't stand the sob and neither can I. If anyone in this place knows where she is, its you or that nerdy computer tech. So tell me where the hell she is?"

"I don't know for sure where Miss Parker is?"

"Sydney, I'm not asking again!" she glared at him with green eyes twinkling.

"She's in Maine," he uttered, dejectedly.

"See, that wasn't so hard now. Was it?" Wynne purred.

"You were told that she's due home tomorrow. Since when has Miss Parker become your concern, Wynne."

"She's alway been my concern, Sydney. She was so close. . ." Wynne smiled and turned to pick up a file off of Miss Parker's desk.

"To finding Jarod," Sydney quieried.

"No, to freedom. . ." she whispered, shaking her head, "Any sign of the Major? The Boy? Jarod?"

"No. You know that though. Can I ask why you are here,Wynne?"

"You can ask but I don't have to tell you!" she continued to page through the file, then turned her eyes to Sydney.

"No, you don't, but when you show up it's not a good sign."

"Oh come on, Syd. I would never hurt anybody that I liked. Come to think about it, there aren't many here I do like," a cheshire smile graced her face," I so enjoy rattling their cages."

"Brigette was not happy to see you, I'll say that for you. Parker would have enjoyed seeing her squirm," Syndey's eyes twinkled and a small laugh emerged from his throat,

"Brigette was warned. I should know. I issued the warning. She' ll pay the price, but that's my concern not your's. Now run along and leave Parker a message." Wynne reached up and ran her blood red talons along Syndey's cheek.

"What message would that be, Wynne?"

"Wynne's whining," she laughed, shocking him, "She'll understand."

"Wynne, you don't whine. You bellow softly."

"Thank you. Now shoo! Oh and tell Tweedledee and Tweedledum, Wynne is a waiting." she winked at him as he closed the door behind him.

A small noise caught Wynne's attention, quickly she strode across the room and locked the door to the office, before finding the source of the distraction.

"It's alright, Angelo. Bad man not come for a while," she cooed and watched the ceiling grate swing open and the savant peering down at her. A smile appeared on his features, slowly.

"Wynne wonderful," he whispered, "Wynne wants to win."

"Yes, Angelo, Wynne will win," she handed him an envelope and a bag of his favorite snack food.

"Help Wynne. Must protect," he muttered and disappeared into the shaft pulling the grate up as he retreated.

"Yes, must protect," Wynne repeated the savant's last words to herself, quietly, as she made her way to the chair at Miss Parker's desk.

****

Meanwhile in Lyle's office, Brigette nervously paced the floor, a new lollipop in her mouth.

"Will you sit down?" Lyle hissed.

"Lyle, It's Wynne. That isn't Miss Parker in that office. It's WYNNE." she shrieked.

"So!"

"You think your sister is a bitch. Wynne's the witch from hell."

"What did you do to piss her off ?"

"I tangled with her over Parker."

"Excuse me?"

"Mutumbo questioned your sister's loyalties ever since the incident in May," she said, not taking her eyes off of him, watching understanding dawning in his blue eyes.

"The carpenter or the boy!"

"BOTH! Wynne knows and if she knows its just a matter of time before. . . ."

"Parker nows. Is that what you are telling me?"

Brigette nodded. A knock on the door interrupted the duo, both turning to see Sydney poked his head in.

"Wynne would like to see both of you," he said softly, a look of enjoyment was on his features compared the look of terror on Brigette's and Lyle's




FEEDBACK, I'M BEGGING. Ractrish@aol.com