Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Okay, I was inspired by a little muse called Faithful. This is for all you have been following this story and bearing with me as it grew and grew. Its also dedicated to Schuyler Dahak who was in an accident and is recovering. She is contant in her feedback and so this is for you, with my thanks for encouraging me.
Disclaimer I don't own them but I like to play with them. I own the characters of Nanna, Destiny, and Beth. NBC owns the rest.
Archived at Nicolette's wonerful site.

There is some mild swearing in this one but nothing major.




Whatever It Takes
Part XXIII

Trisha






23/?

Upon entering the kitchen, Parker expected to find Jarod busy preparing their supper. Instead the kitchen was empty, not that he had not been in there working, for she saw that the sink was full of cuttings for a salad, the timer was ticking and the aroma of chicken made her realize just how hungery she was. Approaching the stove, Parker caught her reflection in the patio doors, which was wet from the steady rainfall. Disheveled was the apporiate word for her appearance. Smoothing her hair using the window as a mirror, she watched Jarod walk up behind her, his strong arms wrapping around her waist, his lips catching the back of her hand that was in her hair.

"My turn to ask? What are you thinking?" he spoke softly.

" About the darkness." Parker replied.

" What about it?"

"A funny thing about darkness. Did you ever notice how lonely it can be. Like you don't know what is going to happen next and there is no one to turn too. Then again, it can be frightening. Like the darkness that surrounds the Centre. Its inky black even in the daytime." Parker shuddered slightly and felt Jarod tighten his grip around her.

"And sometimes it gives comfort, Parker. Like two lovers secure under the covers."

"So, where do we go from here, Jarod?"

" We go forward, together. I hope." he stared at her in the window a small smile on his face.

"Together. I like that but first. . ."

"First you have to find that other clone and I have a few little trips aboard to take."

" So in three days time I return to the Centre and you go off looking for that which my mother left as clues to the Centre's demise."

"She left you more than clues, Parker. She left you the ability to take it over as long as it planned properly. You have to decide who you want to tell."

"I'm going to need Broots help and I have to tell Sydney. Hell, I've endured so much as it is. I'm stronger than I thought."

"And that's an ephinany for you? " he laughed slightly,'"You are the strongest woman I know."

They were interrupted by the timer going off to inform them that dinner was ready. Parker took one last look out the patio door as she watched the moon play upon the water and between the clouds, she felt a great calm overcome her soul. She felt well, strong, and whole. There was urgent business that needed her attention. Business that she knew she could handle. So with exhilaration and lightness of heart, Parker would spend the next three days with Jarod, building a new life, a new adventure.

****

Two days later
Blue Cove, Delaware

The gang was all there in the lobby of the Centre. Each had received a summons from the tower to be there bright and early.

"So what the hell is this meeting about, Mutumbo?" Mr. Parker voiced his concern.

"I am just as much in the dark as you."

"Please you expect me to believe that," Lyle snapped.

"What's going on Sydney?" Broots whispered.

"I'm not sure, Broots. I just wish Parker was here."

"She's due home tomorrow night according to her fax."

"I know that but it might be to late. . ." Sydney was silenced by the creaking of Raines oxygen tank.

"Someone tell what's so important, that I have to leave my honored guests in Renewal wing." he wheezed.

The lobby continued to buzz with the different pitched voices and never saw the petite woman standing on the balcony above them amused at their confusion.

" Silence," she yelled.

Each looked up at the voice that had hushed the crowd below. A small petite, fiery red haired, with green eyes that glittered like a cats stood, her hands gripping the rail tightly.

"Oh my god," Brigette whispered, her lollipop falling to the floor.

The others turned there gaze upward.

" It''s so good to see that those tiny mirrors in your brain are working, my dear. How long did it take for your thoughts to bounce off of them." the woman said, clearly amused.

" Wynne." Mutumbo's voice answered the question on all the others minds.

" So where the hell is Ms. Parker?" the woman demanded.

"My sister is on medical leave."

"Sh sh she due back tomorrow night." Broots stammered.

"Good. She and I have some important business to discuss."

"What do you want with my daughter, Wynne?"

"That's my business. Now we have two pretenders on the loose and one Major Charles to find. I suggest you get to work. Sydney, I want to see you in Miss. Parker's office, now." the woman said softly but with authority.




FEEDBACK, I'M BEGGING. Ractrish@aol.com