Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer I don't own the characters of Miss Parker, Jarod, Sydney or Broots but I do own Destiny, Nanna and Beth.



Whatever It Takes
Part XXII

Trisha






22/?

A cold, stormy, dark night replaced the day that had orginally started out with so much joy in it. It seemed a fitting end, he thought, as he watched the flames in the fireplace dance. To lose a baby and the baby's father so close together was a cruel blow for her to suffer, as he glanced down at the sleeping figure that lay next to him. He felt her stir, snuggling closer to him. He had always dreamed of holding her and giving her the comfort she sought and for a time had been envious of Thomas. Yet, that relationship had benefited Parker, she learned to open her heart up and let someone in, unfortunately pain and sadness had lurked in the distance, and struck when she thought she had found some semblence of normalcy. Then she told him that after Thomas' death, realization had hit. Hit her hard. It was the day he waltzed into the Centre and traded her father for his. She was drawn by his unexpected brazen move. It had excited the hell out of her, something she never had with Thomas. With Thomas, it was calm, sometimes to calm, and she was raised to expect the unknown and danger. He shook his head at that. He had realized that if he truly cared for her, he wanted her to be happy and for a while it looked like Thomas was going to be that happiness. He even encouraged her to go with him. To turn her back on the Centre and him. What a strange turn of events? She was here in his arms and he had no intention of letting her go but first they had to beat the Centre. Something that was bigger than both of them. Jarod looked down and saw blue eyes staring at him.

"Hello there, sleepyhead," he murmured against her forehead.

"Did I sleep long?" she asked.

"Almost 4 hours. Why?"

"Did you? Sleep that is."

"No. Are you hungry?" he asked.

"Famished."

"Nanna left us one of her famous chicken potpies. And any sane person does not turn down one of her potpies," he chuckled, " I'll go pop it in the oven."

She nodded and placed a gentle kiss on his cheek. Smiling he returned the kiss with one on her forehead.

Then Parker watched him leave the bedroom and wondered if he was alright. She had unburdened her soul only to burden his. She had always believed in him as a child, when she grew up she lost faith in that belief, but in the past few months, hell the past three years, finding a solution to all their questions had became tantamount and her faith in him had returned. She knew that soon, life would be full of danger and intrigue, she was ready for danger and intrigue, if only for a time. With Jarod in her life, nothing was going to be boring or dull. She just hoped that once the Centre was destroyed rebuilding wouldn't be so hard. Rebuilding always seemed to be the hard part. She shook her head of the thought and made her way down to the kitchen. They had some serious plans to make and hopefully a new relationship to work on. That is if she had not scared him away. She was going to be prepared for the worst to happened but by god she could not lose him again.




FEEDBACK, I'M BEGGING. Ractrish@aol.com