Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer I don't own the characters of Miss Parker, Jarod, Sydney or Broots but I do own Destiny, Nanna and Beth.




Whatever It Takes
Part XVIII

Trisha


18/?

"Parker---."

She rises up on her knees and her lips brush tenatively against his. When he does not resist, she kisses him more deeply. The pleasure from the kiss is as torrid as the summer heat. Jarod's hands are on the blanket running along her body, tracing the curves of her hips. Slowly, she takes her towel and wipes the glistening rain from his chest in a slow circular motion. The heat in the room is intense and not from the fire.

"Jarod," she whispers, her lips pressed lightly against his.

"Don't rush into something you'll regret later, Parker,'" he says and is surprised at how choked up his voice sounds. He wants to make to love to her, but. . . .

"Regrets!" she sighes and gazes into dark eyes," my entire life is full of regrets. No more!"

"Are you sure?" he asks as he cups her face with his hands.

"Jarod, tell me, would it not be nice if we could suspend time, erase all that's happened in the past and just be two normal people, consequences be damned?" Parker kisses him on the throat and he sighes.

"Yes," he admits," Yes, it. . . would." Both bodies tremble.

Their eyes lock, and consume each other hungerily. Somehow they lost track of what happened after that. All he knows is that her blanket has fallen to the floor, and the rest of his clothes soon join it. Entwined in a passionate embrace, any fears they have are quickly left far, far behind, along with the concerns of the real world. She smiles at him, and he is lost in her beauty. He drops a quick kiss upon her forehead before sweeping her up into his arms. Her head is spinning, her heart thumping, her belly knotting and unknotting itself. She slips her arms around his neck, and a feeling deep within her, bubbles up. Jarod places her on the bed, yet fears that he could harm her, or cause her to hate him. He loves her. He has since the beginning, but could never admit it, till now. He catches her hand and kisses her palm, then her wrist. He clasps her fingers and places them over his heart.

They both tumble into a place of sweet heaven but after both are silent. There is no out cry, no shout of joy. Nothing but complete and utter silence. Parker can not completely let go knowing what as just occurred. Jarod is struck by it as she curls against him, spent and quiet, so very quiet. He touches the side of her face.

"Parker???"

"I' m fine," she smiles ruefully and her breath comes in slow ragged gasps.

"Look at me, Michaela!" And he is astounded to see a single tear roll down her cheek.

"Jarod, this changes everything. Doesn't it?"

Slowly he nods and wipes away the tear. He brings his wet finger to his mouth and tastes it. Then Jarod slides closer to her and lets her snuggle next to him, her arm draped across his chest, her head on his shoulder.

"Can we stay like this for awhile?"

Jarod nods and Parker draws closer and they listen to the storm that battles on outside, for the battle inside is over. Soon both drift off to a dreamless slumber, arms wrapped tightly around each other.



Please leave some feedback at: Ractrish@aol.com