Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer : The Pretender and all character associated with it belongs to NBC and 20th Century Fox. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.
Thank you so very much for the feedback on part 10.
Someone asked if I like to torture you all, my response is No. Enough of the rambling, here is what you are all looking for, the next installment of Whatever it takes.
Please note that after the tragedy that befell the Kennedy family this weekend, I, in my own little way of keeping their memory alive have paid a small tribute to the lost memebers with this story.




Whatever It Takes
Part XI

Trisha


11/?

BLUE COVE,
DELAWARE

He had been at his computer terminal for the past two hours, busy running searches on all the sightings the Centre had received in the last month not only on Jarod but on Major Charles and the boy, as well. Lyle was breathing down his neck for answers, let alone results. With Miss Parker away on medical leave, he had no choice but to take his work to Lyle. He had come in early to finish the report, for today he was picking Debbie up from summer camp, and he wanted to leave early. He had just completed his latest search, when his heart begain to palpitate rapidly, his palms were beginning to go clammy, and he swore that beads of perspiration were forming along his receding hairline. It was a subtle but distinct sound that always elicited this response out of him. The SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAKING of two wheels. This could only mean the presence of the Centre's resident ghoul.

"Mr. Broots," wheezed the harsh voice.

"Yessss, Dr. Raines," he stammered, turning in his chair, to find thevery person he feared most, looming over him.

"I need you to check some old records for me," he simply stated.

"Certainly, Dr. Raines. As soon as I finish my report for Mr. Lyle,"Broots said enunciating each word slowly and carefully so as not to stammer.

"Forget Mr. Lyle," Raines hissed and tossed a Black file into Broots lap,"This is more important."

Broots retreived the file gingerly from his lap and began to skim through it.

"Found out everything you can in the Centre records."

"Right away, Dr. Raines. I'll get right to it and get you the information as soon as its gathered."

"I wanted it yesterday, Broots. So get to work!"

It was at the moment that the Centre's pretty boy, Mr. Lyle along with Angelo in tow, strolled over to the duo.

"Hope I"m not interrupting anything," he asks and flashes his pearlly whites, "Did you finish the report, Broots?"

"Yes you are interrupting, and the report can wait. I need to use Mr. Broots," Raines retorted coldly.

"I thought finding our missing pretenders was the first priority?" Lyle questioned, still smiling.

"I'm using Broots! Oh and Lyle, what news is there on Miss Parker?" -Raines queried.

"She just sent a fax to Sydney, she's at Lake Catherine, in Maine," Lyle states handing a sheet of paper to Raines. He glances at the paper quickly. then returns it to Lyle.

"Let Broots work. Jarod's been gone for three years, a few hours more won't matter," Raines replies. Broots silently groans inwardly, a few hours, if this fascinting little soiree didn't break up soon, he'd be late picking up Debbie.

"My father may not agree with you," Lyle snaps.

"So go discuss it with him then," Raines sneers at him, " I have important guests waiting. The three were retreived from the waters of the Atlantic and I need to get them situated in Renewal wing. Next month's issue of GEORGE won't reveal a thing about the Centre now. Raines turned and slowly shuffled down the hallway in the direction of the elevators.

"Bastard!" Lyle muttered under his breath and starts to storm off in the direction of Mr. Parker's office before thrusting the fax into Broots hand, "Give it to Sydney."

"Sure,no problem, Mr. Lyle," Broots says watching Lyle leave, then turns to Angelo and smiles, before he, himself goes in search of Syd. Leaving the Black file on the top of his computer, Angelo places a hand benevolently on it. A thin smile forms at the corner of his lips and his pale eyes luminous, he wanders down the hallway, whispering softly.

" ANGELO PROTECT FRIEND."


Do not forget to feed me!!!

Please leave some feedback at: Ractrish@aol.com