Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
Thepretendericon2.jpg

isclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

Sacrifice

Home

By: 24

Dallas, Texas

Miss Parker and Thomas had been living in their house for a month now. They had furnished it with the money that Jarod had given them before he had given up his freedom for them. Thomas was in the living room watching a football game and Miss Parker was upstairs reading a book. Each of them drifted in their own thoughts.

Miss Parker and Thomas drive up to their home that they had for a month now. They had both just gone shopping. Miss Parker was not dressed in her usual Centre attire, but in jeans, t-shirt and tennis shoes. After they had put the groceries away Thomas went to the T.V. to watch a football game and Miss Parker went upstairs to read. Each one of them drifted into their own thoughts.

Thomas

Thomas sat there staring at the T.V. not really watching it, but thinking about Jarod and what he had given up. He remembered the first time that he had met Jarod at the construction site. He seemed so honest and such a nice man. His eyes conveyed such emotion. He would always light up when he talked about Miss Parker. Now he knew why sometimes Jarod would get a haunted look about him like someone was chasing him. He sometimes would look over his shoulder when Thomas was around him and sometimes when he just glanced at him. He could also see pain in those eyes. Now he knew why. He was never allowed to be a child and was so isolated, so alone. Nobody to talk to except for his mentor and sometimes the little girl that he had befriended, but that all changed when the little girls father packed her up to boarding school. He wondered what it was like for Jarod to grow up in the Centre and never being let out. He hoped that Jarod already escaped, but if not he hoped that he would soon.

Miss Parker.

She stared at the same page for the last minute thinking about Jarod and what he had given up for her and Thomas. She knew that he had given up a lot so that she could be happy with the man she loved. Why would he do that for her? She remembered when he first met her and he asked her if she was a girl. She also remembered whenever she had visited him inside the Centre and he would smile at her like she was special. She had liked the lonely little boy and had befriended him, but then her father had shipped her off to boarding school and that was that. She thought back to the pain that was in his eyes when she had visited him, but turned away from. She hoped that he was all right. She also hoped that he had escaped, but if not that he would soon.





Chapter End Notes:

I have already added more chapters of this fic on fanfiction.net and realized that I didn't update it here, so here it is.