Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


Safe
By: 24


Lesley stood there staring out the window with tears in her eyes. She couldn’t believe that he was gone and it wasn’t even his fault that he had left. Some unknown people had gone and taken her Jarod away from her. Why would they do that? She thought to herself. She thought back to the fun times that they had and hoped that she would see him again. Maybe he would tell her what this was about. She went to his room and stood there looking around then went to the his shirt drawer and opened it. She took one of his shirts out and then found an envelope with her name on it.

Lesley,


If you are reading this then that means that they have caught me. I am in no way a criminal. For that you must believe me. The only thing that I can tell you was that I was separated from my family when I was a child and locked up for a very long time. I have been spending most of my life trying to put my family back together since I escaped, but that has been impossible even now that I am not on the run. The first time that I saw you working at the hospital I knew then that my running days were over. I have never wanted to settle down before in my life, but one look at you changed that. I am so sorry that I had to leave and I hope that one day I will escape and make it back there, but that may take sometime and hard work. When you look at the stars at night just remember that I will be thinking of you. I love you Lesley and I always will.


Love,

Jarod.



Tears started running down her face again as she read the letter. He’s gone and there was no way for him to come back. Wait a minute there was a way. She remembered a name they had said. The Centre. They thought that she couldn’t hear through the glass, but the window was open. She had heard Jarod say he was never doing sims. Whatever those were and then Miss Parker said the Centre owns you Jarod it always had. She quickly wiped the tears from her face put the letter back into the envelope and took it with her. She had called one of her friends to come and get her and she walked into her house. She picked up the phone and dialed a number.

“Hello.”

“Dad, I need to talk to you.”

“What is it honey?”

“Please can you come over.”

“Sure baby.”

She walked to the door when she heard her father drive up and park the car.

“What is it honey?”

“Jarod’s gone.”

“Jarod left you?”

“Not really. I have to talk to you.” She said as they made their way towards the living room. When they sat down she spoke up again. “Dad, I know that you were in the military. Have you ever heard of a place called the Centre?”

“The Centre. Yes, I do remember that name. We had simulations done from that place.”

“You know about sims?”

“Yes. Why?”

“Someone took Jarod away and they were from the Centre. They didn’t know that the window was open and I heard the older man I think his name is Sydney say that Jarod was going to do sims again. Jarod said that he wasn’t going to do them anymore because he knew what they really did with them. The woman named Miss Parker say that the Centre owns you Jarod and it always did.”

“You know I still have friends inside the military to help me. I’ll give them a call and have them help me. I’ll get back to you soon.”

“Thank you dad. I knew that I could count on you.” She hugged her father and then he left.

A week later she was in the living room watching T.V. when the phone rang.

“I found some information. The Centre is a corporation based in Blue Cove, Delaware. They do experiments and simulations there. I got to go and see one of the DSA’s that they had and a young boy named Jarod helped out. He was your Jarod. He seems to be really smart.”

“The letter that I got said that he was separated from his parents when he was a child and he was looking for them. He didn’t tell me anymore. Do you think that they stole him when he was a child and locked him up there to do simulations?”

“I think that you are right baby.”

“My gosh how could they do that to a child.”

“Didn’t you say that the Parker woman say the Centre owns him. Maybe they never thought of him as a child. Miss Parker is the chairman’s daughter. There was a younger man named Sydney on the disk too, so the older man was the Sydney that was on the disk.”

“That must have been his mentor. Please dad can you get him out?”

“I’ll try.”

“Please dad. Get him out. I don’t know what they will do to him in there since he won’t work for them again.”

She hung up the phone and grabbed the shirt that she took from Jarod’s house. It was her favorite shirt that he had. She had brought it for him as a gift. She smelled it drinking up his scent and thinking back when they had first met. She had seen him in his white coat and suddenly fell in love with him and she knew that he did too when she read the letter.

She reached for the letter again and reread it. She hoped against the impossible that her father could somehow get some people together and get him out. She loved him and he loved her. They needed the chance to be together.