Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


Going, Going, Gone
Broots
By: 24


Broots walked nervously into the room sitting down with a thud. He wiggled his fingers trying not to look around. The blonde man introduced himself and the other man and then asked if it was okay to tape this. Of course he said yes.

“Mr. Broots, are you okay?”

“I’m fine. Just nervous.”

“Why?”

“I’m always nervous. I’m even nervous around Miss Parker. She’s nice, but she tries to be mean because in the Centre you can’t let your emotions show.”

“I see you like Miss Parker.”

“Yes, I have a crush on her, but she likes Jarod. They knew each other as children.”

“Yes, I know.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay Mr. Broots. I have heard that you have a daughter named Debbie.”

“Yes. She’s my pride and joy. Jarod is the one who helped get me custody of her.”

“What do you know about the Centre?”

“I know that Miss Parker really didn’t really want to capture Jarod. Neither did Sydney. I didn’t want to either. Sam we found out didn’t really want to either. You can’t defy the Centre because if you do either you will pay for your life, or your family will suffer. I found out that Jarod was taken from his family when he was a child and was held against his will.”

“Did you know what you were getting into when you started to work in the Centre?”

“No. I just wanted a computer job and they were looking for someone with computer skills. It looked like the job would make me great money and it did, but I couldn’t get out. If I did then I would have been hunted like Jarod was and I had no idea how to hide like he does. I’m not smart like he is.”

“I understand. Anything else?”

“That’s about it.”

“Thank you for your time, Mr. Broots.”

“Your welcome. I really wanted to help.”

“We will be in contact with you if we need anything else. You may go and wait in the waiting room.”

He exited the little room and sat in the room.