Keep Cool Parker by M N
Summary: Family Business
Categories: Season 3 Characters: Jarod, Miss Parker, Original Character
Genres: General, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 40200 Read: 32456 Published: 01/05/05 Updated: 04/05/05

1. Part 1 by M N

2. Part 2 by M N

3. Part 3 by M N

4. Part 4 by M N

5. Part 5 by M N

6. Part 6 by M N

7. Part 7 by M N

8. Part 8 by M N

9. Part 9 by M N

Part 1 by M N
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.

MY NOTE: Many thanx to Andrea who was the nice soul who beta read my fic. ( and I know she had hard work ;)
And a big thanx too to Felicitas for her support! :)
And without forgetting Nicolette who’ve done a lot for me too!

The story contain 3 third season spoilers
I don't own the characters ( how could i?) . Don't sue me! ( you Americans sue anything and all the time! ) well: that’s what the French think, now, maybe it’s a cliché!)
I’m kidding: take it easy!!
Thanx M N




Keep Cool Parker
by M N


Lure, Virginia,
Matrimonial agency:

Jarod was at his desk waiting for some advertisements when a woman came in. „Good morning, madam. Can I help you?

The woman answered, „Yep! I'm searching a man to share my life with: It’s a matrimonial agency here, is it?! I like sports, camping, spend sentimental moments… I'm a 30 years old widower with one kid. So I want someone caring who'll take Ellyr like a son, oh and my name is Valérie." As she said this, Valerie was looking for a ring on Jarod's hand since she finds him handsome. Finding none, she thinks *Wow how a guy like that can't be married! *

Jarod wrote her statement and then looked at her, thinking * Wow she's gorgeous with her dark hair and her piercing blue eyes! Almost like Parker!* „Actually," he started, „I think I’ve already found someone who should fit you."

Valerie asked, „Really?" she seemed a little disappointed *Anyway he's not a guy for you!*

Jarod, asked, „What about him?" He took a blank paper and pretended to read from it: ’I'm a 30 years old man with dark hair, deep brown eyes, and with a strong sense of morality. I've never been married. I'm loving and caring, and I'm quite smart, plus I like sports.

„Pretty cool!" Valerie said, impressed.

„Ok!," Jarod said. „What about tonight at 7 o'clock?"

His question confused Valerie. „Sorry ?"
„I'm your fitting man," Jarod told her, smiling broadly. „So I’ll pick you up at 7?"

Overwhelmed, Valerie thought, cool, and gave Jarod her address.

„Thank you!! See you later then!" Jarod said.

She left.

****

Valérie's House
7 o'clock


Jarod rang at Valérie's door.

„Good evening!" *oh…my…god!! She's wonderful in that black dress!*

„Good evening!" she answered looking to his tight-fitting suit. * hmmm* „Oh please come in," she said, stopping her dream. „Let me introduce you to Ellyr.
Ellyr this is …" she trailed off.

„Jarod, my name is Jarod." He squatted and greeted him. Ellyr is a four, and is very cute. „Hi Ellyr! Do you know Mr. Potatoe? I've brought you one! It's my favorite toy!" He hands the boy Mr. Potatoe, smiling.

The boy's eyes grew larger. He took the toy and managed a shy „Thank you, Sir."

„Call me Jarod please!"

Valérie chuckled * interesting!!!*

Jarod stood up and began: „I was thinking…"

At the same time, Valerie spoke, „I was thinking…"

„Oh, I’m sorry," Jarod said. „Go ahead."

„No no you first!" Valerie urged.

Jarod started again, „So, I was thinking that maybe it would be better if we stayed here because I‘ll be able to learn more about Ellyr. Besides I don't know my way around yet, I’m a newcomer.

Valerie thought *Wow, he’s really my kind of man!* „That was exactly what I was about to suggest, Jarod!"

The three spent the rest of the evening together, getting to know each other.

****

Miss Parker's House
The evening she learned that Brigitte was pregnant.


Parker was thinking, Oh my God! I can't believe it! I just can't! And Daddy is delighted! It's so not like him! And Brigitte? What's the connection with Mr. Lyle?* Her thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of the phone.

„Hello?" she said, too tired to be aggressive.

Jarod, „Good evening Madam. Can you stop playing with that phone, and bring it back to Miss Parker, please?"

„Very funny, Jarod!"

„I know! That was in the making for two years, and I wanted to share it with you!"

„How kind!" Parker answered.

„How do you like knowing that you’ll have a little brother or sister soon?" Jarod asked.

„Oh shut up, Jarod. I'm not in mood to argue tonight."

Jarod said, „You're never in mood…"

„Yes! That's right! Now if you don't mind, I'd like to take a shower now!" She said impatiently.

„Oh, ok I’ll leave you then!" Jarod said.

„So I was right!" Parker said.

„Right about what?" Jarod asked.

„You had nothing to say, you just called me because without it you can't sleep well!" Parker replied.

Jarod said, „Ouch! Touché!"

Miss Parker just smiled and hung up.

****

The Centre: Broots office
The next day

Miss Parker leaned over Broots’ shoulder, scaring him to death. „So, Broots. Any news?" she asked slowing, to be understood.

„About what? Jarod?" Broots asked, „Or the other bizarre, strange, disturbing things that you know?" He finished suggestively.

Her withering look hinted that he should shut up, if he wanted to see Debbie grow up.

„Broots? What you saw on my father office yesterday gives you guts?! She stated, with her big eyes trying to hide her sickness to the thought of the picture he’d described to her. Broots wisely stayed quiet. „Well, first about Jarod," she continued. „Because I’m supposed to bring him back here, and not to put my nose in those sour affairs.

Swallowing hard, Broots replied, „Well, I’ve been working on his…clue for several hours now, and…"

„Get to the point, Broots" She asked angrily.

„He's working in a matrimonial agency," Broots blurted out quickly.

Parker asked, „What? Jarod? In a matrimonial agency?" She was puzzled.

Just then Brigitte entered the office.

„Oh luv," Brigitte started. „So the truth finally hit you! I've always known that Jarod was like a pattern to you. What a deception this must be!" She argued with a smirk, and her eternal lollipop stuck in her mouth.

Parker asked, „Which truth Brigitte? The ones about your little "plays" with Lyle?" Broots and Sydney froze at her words.

Brigitte frowned one eyebrow, confusion in her eyes, but she rapidly regained her composure and decided to ignore the last statement.

Brigitte asked, „So? How do you feel about your future sibling?"

Miss Parker was furious, from Jarod she could stand those words, but those words from Brigitte…

„Listen to me Brigitte! You, your lollipop and your little "packet of cells" that you call my „sibling" get out, and NOW!" Parker shouted.

„Ok luv," Brigitte said, „But your father won't like the way you're acting toward your step-mother and future-sibling-to-be."

Broots and Sydney remained silent, trying not to attract the thunderbolt of the evil.

„I can't believe it!" Parker yelled. „What my father finds in that…stupid bimbo!! What have I done to deserve a family like this?" She asked.

„Broots!! Get the jet ready and, and go pack, we’re leaving. And, Broots, don’t bring those PJ’s I saw at the T-board. Sydney, you’re coming too, but one thing, leave your shrink kit here, ok?"

Sydney nodded reluctantly.

„Good we're off in two hours, then. Oh, Broots, by the way where is Jarod?" Parker asked.

„In a little Virginia town called Lure," Broots answered.

„Great!! A lot of fun in perspective!" Parker said, sarcastically.

****

Lure, Virginia
Meanwhile

While they are walking through the park, Valerie tells Jarod, „Ellyr is very fond of you, you know?"

„I’m under his charm too, he is such a lovely boy!" Jarod tells her.

„Jarod…I’d like to ask you something very important. Maybe it will seem a little impromptu for you…"

Jarod was a little worried, he had the feeling that she was concealing something but he couldn’t put his finger on it. He just smiled slightly.

„Well, I’d like you to be my son’s father if something bad happens to me." Jarod was shocked. His mind was racing, *Me ? Ellyr’s father? We don’t even know each other well, and I’m on the run!*

Valerie started to explain, „When my best friend lost her parents, they put her in an orphanage. BUT she needed friends at that very moment, not an austere orphanage! So she committed suicide from the pain, sorrow and loneliness! Please Jarod! I just want Ellyr to have happiness! I don’t have any relatives and I don’t have friends anymore because I have no time left, between Ellyr and my job to find some." Valerie, finished, crying.

Jarod was on the edge of tears himself, he knew how it was to feel alone between grays walls. He suffered from that all the time. All his soul wanted to do was take good care of Ellyr, BUT HE WAS ON THE RUN ! *God, it was a bad idea to start dating Valerie…but he’d needed a life so much*

„Valérie…Ellyr, he’s not safe with me, you know nothing about the life I live!" Jarod said.

Valerie pleaded, „You’re the only person I’ll ever let take care of my son. Please Jarod!"

Jarod was very shaken, why did she want to leave him her son, if she dies?

Nevertheless he took her in his arms and soothed her. „Shush, Val. I love Ellyr, I’ll take good care of him if something would happen to you." *Jarod, you jerk!* he thought to himself. *You’re making an impossible promise!*

„Shush Val, shush, I love your son, and I’ll take good care of him if something bad happens to you…* Jarod what are you doing!!!! You’re such a jerk! You’re making an impossible promise*

He was worried. Parker and her team would be here soon, how will he explain to Valérie that he has to leave? But right now he soothed her.

Valérie’s sobs slowed down, she wiped her tears away, and continued her way in silence. Jarod followed and took her hand. He accompanied her to her house and went to his hotel room, he had to think!

***

Virginia
Jarod’s room

*Well first I must suppress all trails here and forecast my escape: they should be here in three hours: that won’t be easy!

One hour later, with all the trails suppressed and a plan forecasted, Jarod decided to see Valérie again.

***

Valérie’s house

Jarod had rung already three times and still there was no answer. Worried he tried to open the door, it wasn’t locked.

He entered and headed for the living-room: on the table was a piece of paper:

Dear Jarod,

I’m sorry I didn’t have the courage to say it to you: I am seriously sick, my doctor said I had just two weeks! I was scared for my son, I didn’t want him in an orphanage when he was so young. Besides the doctor told me that I would suffer a lot before dying. I couldn’t let my son see me like that, I want him to remember me as I was, healthy!

I’m sorry Jarod, but I have to do this.
The adoption papers are ready, I’ve already signed them. Ellyr is at his day nursery. Take good care of him and tell him I love him very, very much and, that I’m sorry. That I would have liked a different life with him.

Don’t forget to tell him many times that I love him, and that it wasn’t his fault that I left.

Valérie

There were dried tears on the letter, and now Jarod’s were falling on.

He was like tore apart in the inside, he stood still there ten minutes, just crying all the tears he could manage.

Then he reminded himself that time was running out. Miss Parker will be here soon for her weekly visit. *so caring of her.* He took the papers and left to get Ellyr, he’ld have to explain to him his mother’s suicide, it’s gonna be tough…

****

Lure, Virginia
The Matrimonial Agency

Miss Parker burst inside the agency shortly followed by Sydney and Broots
„Have you seen this man," she asked dryly to one employee.

„Sure, he’s working for us!! But wasn’t here today, must be ill, we’ve tried to call but we had no luck."

„You don’t know anything else? One detail or something?"

„No," the man said.

„Not even a red note book?" Parker persisted.

„Not even a red note book!"

„Well thanks," she said coming back to the entrance where Broots and Sydney was waiting.

„What happened, Parker?" Syd asked, so intrigued that he didn’t overhear nasty words.

„Jarod worked well here, but he’s missing since this morning and he didn’t even leave his red note book."

„Quite strange !! Something serious must have happened to him!" He suggested ( a worried look on his face)

Parker said, „Oh come on Daddy Syd, you know that nothing can happen to your dear lab rat, he’s a genius! A pretender! A fire-fighter! A doctor! A stunt man, a…" She answered quite irritated. (maybe jealous who knows!!)

„So we missed the chance to catch him AGAIN? Tell me Syd? I’m right, aren’t I? And you, Broots? No objections either?" she said fuming.

Broots and Syd chose smartly to shut up to preserve their lives or at least their health.

Parker said, „Good! Broots check every register of every hotel and book me a room for tonight in the best one, we’re staying here for the night."

„Hum … And … Us ? Can we take a room too?" Broots asked shyly.

„Of course not Broots! You’ll sleep under the first bridge you’ll see as usual!" she answered exasperated *he could be such an idiot sometimes!!*

***

A short time later, on a plane for Texas

Ellyr had finally fallen asleep after a long time of cry about his mother death. He breathed noisily on the shoulder of Jarod. Jarod stared at him sadly, he was feeling Ellyr's sorrow inside. Jarod took out his cell phone.

„What?" Miss Parker answered, hoping it wasn't Jarod.

Jarod said, „Nice to hear you Miss Parker, for lack of seeing you."

„Aha. What happened to you that you didn't even warn your employer from your departure, and without mentioning you didn't leave trails or a red notebook?"

„Oh Parker, I'm sorry, I didn't know that you had developed a dependence from them!" Jarod said.

„Jarod," Parker began, „All you'll obtain if you continue in that way it's that a hang up, ok?"

„Do you want kids?" Jarod asked.

„What?!"

„Do you want to have a child?" Jarod asked seriously. „To have your own kid to make eat, to hug, to laugh with? To watch his first steps, his first babbling?"

„Why are you asking that, Jarod?" she asked pacified. *Yeah sometimes I think about that, but it is not for me, after all I am the Ice-Queen and I work for the Centre: the organization which destroys the lives of children!*

„You know I can't have children because of my job, Jarod," Parker said.

„Because of the organization you're working for…not your job."

„Same difference!"

„No it's not, maybe that means that the Centre is not for you…" Jarod stated.

„You know I can't quit! Besides, Thomas died because of that!" Parker shouted.

Jarod asked, „So, if you would be allowed to have kids, would you like to have one?"

„It's none of your business, Jar!"

„I'm waiting your answer ……bye," Jarod said, and he hung up.

Miss Parker was now lost in her thoughts like each time after Jarod's call.

She hated to admit it, but she liked his phone calls: they make her think they make her…Perhaps it comforts her. *Oops did I call him Jar at the end? I hope he didn't notice!

So, Jarod seems to want a kid?! How cute! What if he would have a kid? He certainly would be a good father! And then he will stop calling me, or the Centre, to stay concealed from us? And what will I do then?*

****

The Centre
Two days after

The team is back at home after useless prospecting about Jarod. Brigitte is there to " congratulate" them.

„So, once again you failed!!!" Brigitte said happily.

„What intuition you have!!! Your pregnant state seems to wake some new abilities in you!!" Parker said sarcastically.

„Aha, very funny!! I would have like to help but with your little sibling in his way… (she pointed to her belly), the doctor said that I shouldn't work" She stated with the biggest smirk she could manage.

„Ohhhh Too baaaaaaaaaadd for you!!!!" She answered sarcastically. „So now what about leaving big sister and her fellows alone? Because your lovely mother must be tired now, now that she’s tried to align two words, hmm?" Parker said, speaking to Brigitte's belly.

„Oh and one last thing: you don't have you're lollipop anymore, you just had a surgery to remove it? It must have been have been painful!"

And she left soon followed by Sydney and Broots both smiling: It's quite funny those confrontations sometimes…

****

Once in her office:

„Rhhaaaa!! I can't stand her!!!!!!!!! What's doing my father with her!!!!!! She has nothing attiring!!!!" Parker shouted.

„Calm down Parker," Sydney told her.

„NO! I can't! If you would have this family, do you really think you'll be always smiling? Otherwise, no problem I’ll give it to you! What a lovely gift!! Any sane person wouldn’t accept it! Okay! So now I want everybody at his work, okay? And I don’t want anyone to leave without having found Jarod’s new location."

Broots obeyed immediately and rushed to his safe place, but Sydney just shrugged, thinking about how she manage such change of subject so quickly!

***

Miss Parker’s Office
She's still alone
One hour later

„It's about one hour, I'm thinking about his last lair and still no indices!!! He should have left something though!!" she moaned.

But suddenly she had a flash: She had seen a tourist prospectus promoting a rodeo contest in Texas in his trashcan.

„Well let's think!!! Apparently he left precipitately so he took the first thing he had think about…So he's in Nigia!"

„You're entirely mine now!" she said triumphantly.

***

Miss Parker finally found his place thanks to a barman. She took her gun and was searching for a way to enter. She found it.

Parker said, „Hellllooooo Jarod, how lucky you are!!! You just won a simple going to Delaware in a personal jet for free!!!!"

Jarod frozen, *what? Miss Parker? Now?* Jarod was terrified but tried to sound unaffected.

Pretending to think about it, Jarod said, „Hum, very tempting! But I ‘m afraid I have to say no, I’ve already been there, and I wasn’t satisfied at all by the service offered."

„Come on and see !! Maybe there was a change for the better?"

„Sure Miss Parker, and you’re Garfield !!!!!" Jarod said humorlessly.

Confused, Parker asked, „What?"

„You know? The cartoon? With a cat?"

„Jarod the problem is not me but you! Where do you learn all this stupid stuff!?"

„It’s incredibly hilarious!! Especially Calvin&Hobbes!!" Jarod told her.

„Well, that’s enough! You lost Jarod!! Now you come back with me."

Jarod started, „Well, there’s a little problem here …"

„I’m counting to three Jarod: one…"

But just at that moment, Ellyr who just had had a nightmare, and was getting thirsty came out of his bedroom.

Miss Parker nearly fainted at Ellyr’s word, „Daddy."

„Miss Parker, please hide your gun quickly!" Jarod pleaded.

She didn’t even think, but obeyed *A boy? He has a boy?!*

She was very disappointed and … something else but she couldn’t put a word on this feeling.

„Who is she?" Asked Ellyr when he saw her.

„Just an old friend who came to say hello!" Jarod improvised.

„At this hour?"

„Here, take your water and go back to bed, ok?"

Ellyr said, „Ok, ok. Good night!!" He returned to his room.

But Miss Parker was still in shock and not moving. So Jarod came in front of her and made some sign with his hand in front of her eyes: No reaction.

„Miss Parker??" Jarod asked.

„What?" She yelled, „And stop those stupid sign immediately!!"

„I give you three second to explain me what was…that!!" She said, pointing at Ellyr’s bedroom’s door.

„Ok ok, Keep cool! First sit down."

„You’re a daddy! With who? When? How!" Parker asked, shocked.

„It’s strange how you can change your mind!! Two minutes ago you didn’t want to listen to me…"

Miss Parker aimed her gun at him.

„Ok! So, first, for how: I think you know it, for when: four years ago, for who: Valérie, for am I a daddy: no I’m not." Jarod explained.

Miss Parker stared at him blankly.

*Dammit. What’s the matter with me!!! Am I happy? Sad? Jealous that he has a life and I don’t? Indifferent?*

„I adopted him! You know it’s a long story…"

Miss Parker felt lucid again.

Parker said, „You have all my attention, Jarod."

Jarod told her the story; she just stared at him, mouth open.

„…then we flew quickly before your arrival." He finished.

Ensue a big silence at the end of the story:

Jarod was trying to guess what MP will do next

Miss Parker was searching a smart remark but decided it wasn’t the good time and think rather at what she have to do now.

Jarod spoke first, „Tomorrow is Ellyr’s birthday, please, let us have this day together, I promised him his best birthday…Besides he misses his mother, he needs someone now!" It’ll change her mind, he implored.

What could she do? She had suffered herself from the lack of her mother. And Catherine’s died Miss-Parker’s gift in the hand.

Miss Parker nearly cried at those thoughts. * Shit, mummy why did you leave me alone!!! Why?*

Parker said, „Ok Jarod, but only tomorrow; I’m doing this for Ellyr because i know how it is to lost a mother. But you have to find someone to take care of him, the Centre still want you." She answered softly still shaken by the thoughts she had.

Jarod rushed at her feet and said on his knees:

„Oh Parker thank you !! thank you so very much."

She nearly jumped of surprise. She wanted to smile but instead, she pulled her gun to him. „Ola Romeo!! It’s the wrong time with the wrong person: so stay away!"

Jarod chuckled and stood up.

„You can take the free room: the second door," Jarod told her.

„Nice try Jarod, but there ‘s no way I’m going to leave you alone."

„Sorry ?"

„You understood perfectly!! Nevertheless, I’ll give you two choices:

Either I handcuff you at your bed with ten handcuffs ( to be sure) and I sleep in another room

Or we sleep in the same room."

At her words, she saw his eyes sparkle.

Parker said, „I said in the same room! Not in the same bed!! So, keep your fantasy for yourself, ok?"

„May I propose a third choice?( he didn’t even wait the answer that he knew would have been no) You can sleep with Ellyr. I won’t flew without him…"

„No way. Let’s go to your room then. Of course, I take the bed" She said with a fake smile.

„Of course," he grumbled.

„And of course you’ll have one handcuff though."

„It was too nice to be true…" Jarod said.

Once in the room, Parker locked the door and handcuffed him at the foot of the bed.

„Now look at the windows, so that I can change. And wipe that goofy smile of yours off!!" Parker commanded.

„Ok, may I have something to put on the floor because it’s kinda cold here…" Jarod asked.

„I don’t care Jarod."

„But the Centre won’t like it if I’m sick…„ he suggested.

She gave him one of the cover of the bed exasperated.

Parker fell asleep rapidly: she made a big way to come here, but Jarod was in big thoughts. *What can I do now that I’m stuck here with the Ice Queen, well maybe a little pretend thing will help…*

****

The Morning
Jarod’s lair


Parker slowly opened her eyes * what am I doing there? Oh yes, Jarod!* She sighed relieved *oh wait, where is he by the way* She turned her head to the floor where Jarod was supposed to be . But she saw instead a little bunny attached to the bed by her handcuffs.

On the bunny was written : please release me.

„Shit Jarod!!" Parker shouted, frustrated. She took her gun and rushed in the kitchen.

Jarod was there coolly preparing breakfast.

„Hello Miss Parker!! ( seeing her gun) what? The bunny hadn’t been nice to you?" Jarod sang out.

„It was very funny Jarod really," she answered her eyes shining with an I-want-to-kill-you glow.

„Why didn’t you escape?" Parker asked Jarod.

„I told you, it’s Ellyr’s birthday today, I promised him a no hiring day: the best day of his life!!" Jarod hoped she ate this poor excuse, because if he stayed it was too to see how Miss Parker would behave. It was a dangerous game but after all, he like those sort of games. She sat at the table. A big silence ensue.
Jarod broke it first:

„Miss Parker, I really appreciate your move for Ellyr. I try to do absolutely everything to make him happy but it’s really hard sometimes!! There’s no day without him reclaiming his mother. Each night he cries of sorrow…"

„It’s normal, Jarod: he’s still in mourning: it was just one month ago!! You can’t replace her mother; besides she’ll become the perfection for him: you can’t challenge with her."

„So Parker, why are you always searching for your daddy’s approval? Why do you absolutely want to be like him if your mother is your ideal?"

„Jarod!! It’s not the same thing in not the same context!! First my mother was assassinated and did not committed suicide like her mother; and I spent my childhood in a somber organization." she answered bitterness in her voice. Feeling weak suddenly. She finally added harshly, „and it’s none of your damn business!!"

„I think it’s the lack of love. But at your age you need the love of a man, not of a daddy!! You found that with Thomas, but once again the one you loved died!! But it’s not you the problem Parker! It’s the Centre: it’s destroying your life You know it but you don’t want to admit it!!!"

„So why did you ask Jarod if you knew it? To show me how you’re a good pretender? Besides you’re so sure of yourself! You’re not my shrink Jarod! Nor my man! Shit Jarod! Leave me alone for once. Won’t you never stop?" She shouted. She was really hurt by what he said, it was so true. Damn it, he have right; again: *I’m the Ice Queen* daddy’s father a voice added on her head.

Just when a sleepy Ellyr still stretching himself entered.

„Good morning, young boy!! And Happy birthday!" Jarod said.

Ellyr said happily, „Wow, you already thought about it?"

„Yep! I told ya: we’re gonna have a wonderful day!"

„Yeah, but mommy used to remember it only at noon" he said cheerfully.

„Oh: look: women are just like that: they have a tendency to be long! Just look at Parker : she still hadn’t wish you a happy birthday!" Jarod told Ellyr. *Well go on Parker: after all you have no chance but to be nice!*

„Happy birthday Ellyr! How old are you today?" Parker said.

„4!" Ellyr said.

„You’re no longer a little boy.(just to say something)"

„How long will you stay with us?" Asked Ellyr.

Parker and Jarod glanced at each other.

„Well, I don’t know right now. Come on: you’re breakfast is waiting for you." Parker said.

One hour later they were ready to leave

„So WonderBoy? Where are we going to?"

Jarod stared at her making some smirks * what do he want? oh yes! WonderBoy!*

Ellyr, confused, asked, „Why do you call him WonderBoy?"

„It’s just that I impress her with my genius ability: she’s just jealous!" Jarod explained.

Parker nudged him and whispered to him: (at lacking of killing him): „you should thank Ellyr to be here because otherwise you wouldn’t have the chance to have a next generation anymore!"

„So we’re going to Disneyland! After all we’re in Florida!"

„Yay! It’s so great, I always dreamt about it!!" Ellyr said happily.

„And you Parker, aren’t you happy too?" Jarod asked.

„Oh sorry Jarod, did I forget to exteriorize my inside’s joy?" * he couldn’t have found worse*

****

That very day: In the late afternoon
Jarod ‘s lair


„Pfuuuuuu! Not unhappy to be back!! I’m exhausted!" Parker said.

„Yeah it was so cool!" Ellyr said.

„Yep son! Oh, I heard about nocturnal attractions not far away: we could…"

„No way Jarod! You won’t kill me today!"

Jarod and Ellyr glanced at each other before breaking into laughter, and they both said, „It was a joke, Miss Parker!"

„What? It’s a Russel conspiracy to drive me crazy?"

And at her words, she couldn’t help but laugh with them * hey, what’s bad with me? I ‘ve never laughed like that for a while! Damn it feel good * Meanwhile Jarod was in big thoughts too * she’s really gorgeous when she smiles* Their laughs died, ensued by an oppressing silence: Parker and Jarod still engrossed in their respective thoughts and looking at each other while a curious Ellyr was wondering what they were up to. *oh god I want to kiss him, he’s so handsome! Parker hold yourself: it’s Jarod, remember!*

Suddenly Jarod became conscious of the awkwardness of the situation:

Jarod suggested, „Hum, well maybe it’s time for Ellyr to take his bath!"

„Oh nooooo, I already took one…" Ellyr moaned.

Jarod said, "Two days ago!" Ellyr resigned himself.

„Please, Parker can you take care of him while I make dinner?„ Jarod asked.

„I can cook, you know?"

„No, that’s ok, besides you wouldn’t find the different items…"

„As you want!" * What’s so terrible that he don’t want to wash him?* They soon disappeared in the bathroom while Jarod was heading for the kitchen.

***

In the bathroom

„How do have you know Jarod?" Ellyr asked.

„From my childhood but he left, so now we’re seeing each other less often," She answered, bitterness in her tone.

„So, how did you like today? Did you have a good time?"

*Well without lying I had a wonderful day: we laughed all day, and I really enjoyed the park. I would have never suspected that (if the Centre know!!)!! Jarod is really a good father , he has happiness after all(maybe for the first time in his life) But me? Hum! I never had so fun since a while* Parker thought.

„I spent a wonderful day with you and Jarod: I can even say that sometimes you’re more a grown-ups than Jarod!!" She stated, smiling with kindness. „You know Ellyr, I think Jarod is really a good father. He loves you very much!"

Ellyr said, „I love Jarod too!"

„Sure!" * shit! How can I bring Jarod back to the Centre now!*

„Jarod said he had one father but don’t see him anymore. And you? Do you have a Father?"

She began to undress him (remember it’s just a little boy!)

„Yes, I have a father. But he never really paid attention to me; he always wants me to be the best."

„And your mother?" Ellyr questioned.

*Damn *

„She died when I was a child: just like you, and I know how you feel. But no matter what, remember that she loves you."

„Yeah, it’s really hard sometimes, I love Jarod but I miss Mommy very much!"

But unknown to them, Jarod was listening to the entire conversation ( there was you know like a talkie-walkie between the kitchen and the bathroom)

Jarod was touched: So he had right: she was more like a mother! It must be good for the two of them to speak about that together. And she said she actually had a good day!!!!!!! Jarod was delighted to see her happy and smiling : she was too often the Ice Queen. But what was that feeling? Why he was so peaceful and happy today? Because they were like a family? The family he ever dreamt about? Why does it make him happy to see her happy? Does he ..? no he can’t be!* I’m not!!*

****

Back in the Bathroom.

Ellyr is now in his bath playing with some toys. Miss Parker was kneeling down ready to soap him.

„What’s your first name Parker?" Ellyr asked, curious.

Miss Parker froze. * my first name?*

„Well, Ellyr, I don’t like to tell it."

„Why? Please Miss Parker! I won’t say it to anyone! Does Jarod know it?"

„Yes," she whispered, remembering the good old time where not everything was so complicated! The time she was in… no she can’t say it!!* I can’t even admit it!*

„Please tell me!!"

„OK, but it will be our secret. Don’t even say it to Jarod ok?"

„I promise!" Ellyr said.

„My name is Illena." Parker whispered.

„Illena? Oh, it suits you well! I love it!"

Parker blushed a little: that was exactly what Jarod had told her.

„Thank you Ellyr."

*****

Jarod in his kitchen smiled* this is very interesting!*

******

Parker was now about to soap him when she felt like…how to say….soaked!

After a rapid inquiry, she understood: ( a clue like seeing a now very happy Ellyr gloating in his bath helped her)

She stayed still turning only her head and her killing eyes to him:

„EEEELLLLLYYYRRRRR!!!! You’ll pay for that!! And don’t even try to do that again or I…" Parker screamed.

„Or what? You’re gonna kill me?" He said between to giggles.

„Oh you’re just like Jarod!!!: Frustrating, childish and annoying!" She yelled with more enjoyment than exasperation.

„Now get out! And dress yourself! I have to speak with your dear father!" She headed for the kitchen calling after him with her nicest tone: „Jarod? Honey? Where are you?"

Jarod turn around to see a very wet Parker. He burst into laughter, „Miss Parker, the bath wasn’t for you!!!! Besides you should undress before going in!"

„Ah Ah Ah!!! Very, very funny! You didn’t warn me it was such a difficult mission," she answered, a sadistic smile growing at the corner of her mouth…

„Oh!!! How absent-minded!"

„Sure!! And if I forgive you for your „absent-mindedness" will you forgive me my awkwardness?" She tossed a full bottle of cold water at him.

„Aaaaaaaaaah, You want war?????? You have it!!!" Jarod shouted.

And soon he was running after her ( how ironic he thought)

„I’ll catch you Parker! Don’t fight!" He caught her.

„You know Parker, I heard that women just like to spend a lot of time in the bathroom…" He lifted her up and carried her to the bathroom.

„Jarod!!! NO!! Don’t even think about it or…"

„Or what?????? You gonna kill me?" He asked, just like Ellyr.

And she landed in the warmth of the water, splashing water everywhere.
„You’re really insufferable, Jarod!! Do you know that?"

„Yep!" He answered smiling broadly.

Looking at his goofy smile made her melt * god, he ‘s good!!* But it wasn’t the time to think about it! No, now was time for revenge .

„Jarod you won!! Now please help me to stand up." He held his out to her, she took it, and pulled him into the tub with her.

„PARKEEEEERRRR!!!"

So they finally stood there : Jarod on the top of her in the middle of the water!
Their laugh died rapidly, both now conscious of their closeness. His eyes locked into her deep blue eyes: they were smiling and even…longing!

Then his eyes wandered to her mouth, which was only inches apart from his. Meanwhile Miss Parker was following his eyes’ movements .

*Is he about to kiss me?? Just right now??* But before she even ended her thoughts she was closing her eyes waiting for the promised kiss. Jarod was stunned she wasn’t pulling him away ( it was quite the contrary actually) But he stopped thinking overwhelmed by her perfume, by her closeness and reached her lips. It was so good, so soft Since none of them wanted to end it, the kiss deepened. Both enjoying the touch, the magic moment they were in, the kiss they dreamt about but always denied.
(Just imagine: J & MP kissing in the now nearly empty bath!!!! ;-)

But Ellyr’s voice broke the magic, „Daddy! Daddy! Something is burning in here!"

„Nooooo!!" Jarod reluctantly broke the kiss and extracted himself from the water, not daring to really look at Miss Parker.

„I’m coming, Ellyr." Jarod went and stopped the fire which had started.

„Why are you so wet?" Asked a giggling Ellyr.

„Parker got her revenge on me!!! Are you happy now?" Jarod asked.

„Oh yes!!"

„Come on and give me a big hug, Ellyr!"

„NO! NO! Miss Parker!! Help me please! Help!" Ellyr shouted.

Parker, now out of the bathroom, heard Ellyr’s entreaty but she definitely wasn’t ready to help him. After all, it’s him whom began all this mess: So she just came to help Jarod.

„Eeeeehhhhh! Why aren’t you on my side!?"

„Maybe because you were the first one to splash me!" Parker joked. And with that, Jarod and Parker caught him and hugged him.

„Oh no. I’ll have to put an another pajamas now!" Ellyr said.

Together, Jarod and Parker both said, „Too bad!"

And they all laughed.

A few minutes later

„Well, I’m gonna lend you some of my clothes since yours are no more useful," he said smiling

Parker looked at her reflection in the mirror and saw that her sweet shirt was now quite … hum well you can see through it!

„You bastard! Just continue to look at me with that smile and i swear you’re gonna die slowly very slowly!!" screamed Parker.

„Yes chef!", Jarod left, grabbed her some clothes, came back, and said, „You can go to the bathroom and change."

„Jarod! Have you really thought only one second that i would have changed myself in front of you?"

„OH! No!" He answered trying to hide his blushing

„Well! Not even in your dreams!" She left, heading towards the bathroom.

„We’ll see about that," Jarod murmured persuaded that she couldn’t understand

Jarod sat on the sofa and thought his eyes still stick to the bathroom door. *oh god! What I do now? What was that kiss?? Why she did not pull away? And why I want to join her in there right now!! She ‘s Miss Parker!!!

*******

Meanwhile in the bathroom.

*What did I get myself into? Did I kiss him??? oh wait: HE kissed me ( but you didn’t pulled away ! A little voice chimed in). OH gosh !! I’m sure he must be wondering why I’ve done that, right now!* Well lets think at something else!

„So what did he chose for me? Black jeans and a large white pull-over?! Is he trying to prevent some other guys to stare at me or something?" * Parker you’re getting stupid*

After all Jarod is the reason your life is hell! Why do you care? But her attempted to get mad at him failed.

*It’s really time I get back to the Centre to focus because here between his perfume and him it’s … well… more complicated.*

„Well, here we are! Let’s eat!" Parker said.

**************************

Jarod and Ellyr were there waiting for her.

„Sorry I’m late."

„Don’t be! You’re not!" Jarod told her.

The dinner was quite quiet, Parker and Jarod still disturbed and shameful of their behavior vis-à-vis of the other.

Ellyr asked, „Why aren’t you two married?"

Miss Parker and Jarod nearly spilt out their food ! *Oops bad question* Ellyr thought. None of them seemed to want to speak , waiting for the other to answer him. Finally Jarod said, „Why this question Ellyr? * Is this THIS obvious? What is obvious by the way* he mused.

„ Well, it’s just that you seem to be … happy together: it’s remind me a little mommy and daddy…" Ellyr explained.

Miss Parker was staring all the time blankly at Ellyr (as if he had spoken in Chinese) and was speechless * What is he trying to insinuate ?*

Jarod in the other hand was quite embarrassed: What must I answer??

Miss Parker finally got it and decided (reluctantly) that’s it was her turn to speak.

„You see Ellyr, we can’t get married because we are hardly friends…

But Ellyr was obviously not buying it.

She couldn’t say that to be married, you‘ve got to be in love with the other because…because it was like admit that she feels that way for him and she definitely wasn’t ready to admit it in front of him.

*AND I’m everything BUT in love with HIM!* She thinks.

Ellyr said, „I still don’t understand…"

„Well it doesn’t matter right now ok? So please eat you soup it’s gonna be cold." Jarod told him.

And after that they all ate in silence.


Ten minutes later

„It’s time to go to bed Ellyr." Jarod said.

„Yeah! I know." (he decided wisely not to be boring tonight since his last question had seemed to be a very bad idea!! He exited the room.

***

The Kitchen
Miss Parker and Jarod are alone

„Kids are enigma sometimes…aren’t they?" Jarod asked.

„Quite embarrassing too!" Parker replied.

„Yes." He nodded.

The conversation was quite touch and go for both of them and Parker decided that she had to get out of it, „I’m gonna check on Ellyr."

„Okay, I’ll come once I get the washing done to read him his story.

***********************

Ellyr’s Bedroom
Miss Parker and Ellyr


Miss Parker came in shyly, „So good night Ellyr."

„Yeah," Ellyr said sadly.

„What is it?" Parker asked.

„It’s ok."

„It doesn’t sound like it’s ok. Tell me!" She persisted.

„I didn’t mean to bother you and Jarod with my question."

„Oh, don’t worry about that! Actually, our relationship is complicated and we don’t even know ourselves which kind of relationship we have… I know it’s nonsense but…That’s why we made a pity job to answer you!

„Maybe." Ellyr said.

„Well, I’m leaving you now." She kissed him on his forehead waved him good by and murmured, „Have some nice dreams! And remember: Mommy loves you!"

„Thank you! Thank you, Illena," he whispered back.

She stared at him, absently. It really was a long time since she had heard her name! But it felt good! And then she remembered Thomas’s words „Maybe it’s time to create your own family…" *But I’m working in the Centre Thomas!*

Miss Parker stood up and headed for the door.

„Good bye Ellyr! It was really nice to meet you," She closed the door behind her.

She nearly bumped on Jarod who was standing in front of the door (he was about to go in) He remarked that Parker was in one of her (seldom) weak moment and decided not to spoiled it. So he left her alone and entered.

Ellyr was strangely quiet. „What’s up Ellyr? You look thoughtful."

„No, I was just waiting for you."

Well, I’m here! What to you want to read tonight?" Jarod asked.

„I don’t know, you could tell me your story, Jarod…" Ellyr said.

Jarod stayed still* so soon! Hum I’m sure it’s because Parker’s presence!*

„My story is sad and boring. It’s your birthday today! I don’t want to spoil your mood! What about read something cheerful?" He paused, then continued, „Oh I nearly forgot! I bought you a new book: Zorgy and the little Raccoon.

„That was the one I wanted! Thank you Jar! I love you!" Ellyr said happily.

„Same here Ellyr, same here."

While leaving Ellyr’s room, Jarod frowned. How will he manage now to make Parker understand to let them free? He walked thus into the kitchen engrossed in his thoughts. He sat at the table and only then he remarked that Parker wasn’t there. Just a piece of paper on the table with her handwriting

Jarod,

You’re free for tonight. But you have to find someone else to take care of Ellyr though. You know like me that he is not safe with the Centre around you.

Because the Centre will bring you back and because Ellyr cant’ have a proper education if you’re always on the run. I’m not saying you’re a bad father because it’s obviously not the case but…

I don’t thank you for the clothes because I know where you find the money to buy them and I’m think you’ll manage to have some new ones with this very same money.
But once again: remember: the Centre wants YOU back.

I.P

„Illena Parker," he whispered.

„Well she said the Centre wants me back, not her! There’s a good change there!" He then took his cell phone.

Miss Parker was now far from there, far from this young child and above all far from him!
*how could I have kissed him? Do I have some suicidal instinct??? What am I gonna do! I hate it when he do that to me. Oh wait! I’m sure he set up this whole mess! The bastard!!* she raged
But her thoughts were interrupted by her phone’s ringing.

She didn’t want to answer thinking it could be Him but thinking that it may be Sydney or the Centre. So she took the call.

„What?"

„Thank you so much, Parker."

„Just leave me alone, you bastard," She told Jarod.

„What are you talking about?" He asked cluelessly.

„You planned everything to give me some reason to leave you alone!

„What?" He answered astounded. „Of course not! How could I have, besides?? I didn’t know you would come!"

„You can pretend."

„But Ellyr? Do you really think I’d rent him to someone ‘please leave me your kid for the day I need him! Here’s 100$.’ It’s absolutely absurd!! And how can he pretend?? What is the reel reason you’re mad at me for?? Because you were too damn happy today? That’s it?"

„I could say the same for you Jarod! Why are you angry with me? Because I’m not listening to your advises? You’re not god! And I’m not your marionette!"

They both became silent during what seemed a very long time : none of them thought even to hang up ( too engrossed in their respective thoughts).

Two minutes later

„Parker? Are you still there?" He asked kindly this time.

„I’m here." Parker said.

„Look, I’m sorry: you’re right: I’m not god and I don’t have to coerce you into leaving the Centre. I’ll try to …Remember that in the future." Jarod told her.

„Wow. Is BoyWonder actually saying that he is WRONG?" Parker asked in disbelief.

„Yeah! And you would be here I would be already at your feet begging for your forgiveness!" He said teasingly

„Sure! I’m dying to see that! Remember me to ask you to do that the next time we meet!"

„Not even in your dreams, Parker!"

„We’ll see about that," she smirked.

„Well it’s getting late…" Jarod said.

„Yes it is…"

„Well so… Good night…" Jarod told her.

„Good night Jarod!"

They were both surprised when the call ended because it was the first time they were ending a call with a good bye and a good mood

****

Back at the Centre:

Miss Parker unluckily bumped into her dearly brother, Mr. Lyle.

„Sis!! You’re back! Where have you been all this time? Eloping with Jarod on the Caribbean?" He said, attempting a new humorous self(even if Parker thought that he wasn’t that wrong!!).

„Are you kidding? In the Caribbean?? We were on Florida!" And with that she left trying not to smirk at the irony of her answer.

„By the way Sis, Daddy wants to hear more about your trip!" Lyle told her.

She decided to ignore his last statement and decided to check on her crew.

****

Broots’ office
Sydney & Broots

„Try to drink rapidly your coffee, Broots, before you spill it on yourself when Miss Parker comes in." Sydney advised Broots.

But of course, Broots, startled by the idea of her coming at any minutes spilled his coffee anyway.

And when Miss Parker entered, she saw Sydney laughing loudly and Broots on his all fours trying to dry up the coffee

„I’m back! I want results about Jarod’s whereabouts!!" She hissed.

Together, Syd and Broots said, „Oh you’re back!!"

„Oh, and Broots, please be kind enough to at least wait for me to spill your coffee!"

And on that she left, making her way out to her Father’s office

„Well, she’s kinda in good mood, isn’t she?" Broots said.

„She even forgot to listen to our last conclusion on Jarod’s lead," He answered in his usual placid way.

„Well it give me hardly 30 minutes to find something interesting out of those breadcrumbs!" Broots winked at Sydney.

***

Mr. Parker’s Office

Mr. Parker said, "No angel!!! You’re not that focused! I want results!! And I don’t want you to go alone to one „possible" lair of Jarod anymore!! Is that clear?" He admonished her

„Yes Daddy."

„Good, you may leave now," He told his daughter.

Miss Parker left without good bye, after all he was treating her like an employee then she’ll treat him like her boss!

***

When Parker arrived at night at her sanctuary, her home sweet home, she was tired and confused and craving for her bed. She was too exhausted to think, she fell asleep instantly.

***

Morning

She jerked out of her bed at the strident ringing of her alarm clock. Disoriented for a second, she panicked. Then when her thoughts got a semblance of meaning she got conscious of the headache which was growing insidiously.

Damn!! What I have done to deserve THAT??????? She moaned.

She stirred herself out of her warm quilt ( cursing Jarod on the process) and made her way out to the kitchen.

There, was lying on the table, a glass of aspirin and a little note.

Trying not to think too much (because it would certainly just aggravate her headache), she grabbed the paper to see what she had feared the most: Jarod ‘s handwriting!

„Jarod! How dare you to do that to me???? Do you want that much to kill me…"

Patiently she sipped her aspirin (certainly it had been prepared carefully by The Best pain-in-the-ass she knows …a.k.a Jarod) while perusing his letter.

Parker,

I’m sure you’re furious because I’ve followed you and came in without asking (but I’m sure you would have been even more pissed if I had woken you up).You told me to find someone to take care of Ellyr, I’ve found someone.Nonetheless I won’t forsake him! He needs me, but you have the right thought, something can happen to me. That’s why I’ve decided to make you „her new mother".

Miss Parker choked out her aspirin in no second and cough for a good two long minutes, before she was eventually able to think at the eventuality of perhaps re-read the last Sentence. He CAN’T have thought about ME???

She continued…

Don’t choke the aspirin Parker it is supposed to calm down your headache.

„That Bastard!!"

I know it’s kinda impromptu and pointless but I’ve been growing caring for him and I’m realizing that I can’t leave without him anymore. It made me realize too, that I’m alone on this planet! I’ve met a lot of people, but I have just one anchor: You and Sydney. You’ve always been here and always will be.

Besides Ellyr got acquainted to you and seemed to appreciate you ( besides you’re remembering of her mother because you do look like her .)

So you’re the best Match.

I know you think it’s crazy: but it can work. We can even set up some encounters between you two without the Centre hearing about it

And if I’m back to the Centre: then you would be free, free to take him wherever you want and begin your own family.
J.

Damn!! Don’t tell me he thought that an aspirin could be enough to get through that????!!!!

*****

The Centre
That very day.

„I’m getting worried! It’s been three days now she left . Something may happened to her!"

Broots said, „Don’t worry Syd! She’s a big girl! I’m sure she’s just fine. Besides the less we hear from her the best she is! NO really? When she’s in good mood (which is very seldom) does she come to bother me about Jarod’s Trail? Nope!"

„That doesn’t convince me, Broots!" Sydney replied.

„What a mother-hen you are, Syd!" Teased Broots.

„Hey, it’s not my fault!! They both needed for someone when they were young and well you kinda get attached you see… I’m gonna phone her in case she’s already back."

***

Miss Parker’s home

Parker had decided to take first a big shower, then drink the strongest coffee she could manage. And perhaps after she would envision to think about his proposal.

While she was making the coffee the phone rang. *This has to be anyone BUT HIM*

„What?" She queried

„Oh, thank god Parker! You’re back!" Sydney said.

Parker was quite taken aback. She hadn’t actually expected to hear Sydney display of relief.

„What is it, Daddy Syd? Should i be happy to have two father who are filling together the entire father aspect (the always worried and careful one, and the always expecting and unsatisfied one) or should I tell you to get lost?"

„Maybe I would just appreciate if you tell me whether or not you are fine?"

„I have a big headache but I’ll make it, Syd! I’ll be back tomorrow and once again empty-handed!" She said bitterly.

„Do you want me to come over or something? You sound like someone who have been through something big." Sydney asked.

*Not something big, Sydney but huge* she thinks Nonetheless she answered with perfect control of her voice that she was ok, that she just needed to end her coffee and that she would be just fine. Even if she was still shaken and dying to ask him some advice about the situation. But it was too important: no one must know about it. Even Syd, even Broots and definitely not her father!

******

Two day have passed since she came back from „the trip" and still no phone call from Jarod.
Miss Parker is back to her own-self. Hell, she’s back in the Centre!

****

This morning.
The Centre

Miss Parker entered Broots room, asked him results on Jarod (the usual) and as Broots had nothing (the usual) she stormed out of his office to go to Sydney’s ( just to make him see she’s pissed.)

****

Sydney office:

„Parker ! You want to talk about something?" Sydney asked.

„Actually, yes" She faked, „I’m gay, Syd and I’m in love with Brigitte." Syd was panicked a second then got it.

„Oh, ok you don’t want to talk. Just say it this way: it’s easier!"

„You nearly fainted, Sydney," she smiled.

„This amusing you?" Syd asked.

Indignately, she replied, „Hey! That’s my line!"

„Patent it, then! So why are you here?"

„That’s what I’m wondering now! Would I be that dumb to come here just to quarrel with you? Noooo! Of course not: there is a purpose," She said vehemently.

„What, then," he asked, amused.

Miss Parker had to come up with something quite quickly if she didn’t want to sound dumb!

Just when Broots burst inside asking for Parker.
(she thanked him inwardly for that)

„What," she snapped.

„Lyle just came by and asked me to find you ASAP!" Broots managed to say.

„Well done, Broots. You’ve just found me! Now that you’re job is done maybe you could go back to your computer?"

„But…"

„I don’t want to know Broots: my dear Bro will have to WAIT." Parker said.

„Mr. Parker … he…" Once again Broots trailed off.

„That’s ok Broots! I’m going," She said irritated. „Well, Syd we’ll see that later…"

She left.

****

Miss Parker back at her home, sat on her sofa, exhausted.

Of course her father wanted to know „again" more about her last trip and the reason of her failure. Of course she told him what she had prepared to cover her up.

From there, a mind drifted to Jarod’s „proposition" .

*I can’t do that Jarod!! And you know that!! She exhaled aloud.

Oh gosh! Above all: We KISSED???????? She jumped remembering the „scene"

How could I have done that?? And in the bathroom ?? It’s ridiculous!

She wanted to get ride of the picture ( not that she hadn’t appreciated ) but she couldn’t think about it.*

She decided the best thing to do was to go to bed.



Well it’s the end!!


Don’t forget the feedback! (because I have the means to get you hurt if you don’t do so!) :) :) :)
Part 2 by M N
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.

Ok: here the second part! this one is from Felicitas. THANX - M N

BTW: she’s german and this fic hasn’t been betaread: but i think it didn’t need it anyway!!


Keep Cool Parker
by Felicitas





She was standing in a house. The afternoon sunlight was falling through the big windows and the room was shining in an pleasant and warm light that was reflected be the creamy white walls. She looked around stunned. She had to admit that the person who had decorated the room had a good taste. The furniture, the cupboards, the carpets even the pictures were in perfect harmony and gave this room an excivisite but still comfortable note.

„Why am I here" she suddenly thought, „and how am I getting into this house. And can’t remember driving here – wherever ‘here’ would be...."

Was she captured, or kidnapped? By whom? And then, why should she be standing in her kidnappers living room. She was confused. Automaticly she reached for her gun – but it wasn’t there.

„Shit!" she growled. OK, she did not need a gun to wrestle down who ever may make the very stupid mistake and came too close. She would get here answers! Nobody kidnaps Miss Parker and lives long enough to brag about it.

Slowly she made her way out of the living room and was welcomed by a spacious hall. She looked around, expecting to see some sign of enemies but there was nothing like that. Actual it didn’t look like a kidnappers hiding place but like the home of a family. Yes, that’s it. It’s a home ... She released the tension that had built up unnoticed and took a better look around. There was an open wardrobe in which she could see some coats. In a nice little shelves hid in a niche stand some shoes – man, women and ... she walked nearer. Yes, there were even some very small shoes – children-size!

„A home I once had ..." she thought sorrowful.

Shit, she didn’t need any past memories and self-pity right now. That was HIS fault!! It was always his fault. She didn’t want something like that! It’s only him who always tried to force his way into her brain and put some pictures there, telling her about family and love... and that she had lost the most important things in her life.

„Damn him!!! What does HE know about family?" she thought angrily and turned away from the wardrobe, crossing her arms over her chest. Building up a wall of hartres and anger against Jarod always helps her closing all her feelings away.

„How can he have the cheek to maintain that he knows ME? He knows nothing! Nothing about family! Nothing about life! Nothing about love – pah, he is such a fool. He’s like a child. He thinks that everything is a game..."

Jesus, when he thinks that he knows her he would have noticed that she has no intention to correspond to the normally little girls fantasy about life. She shook her head. Can’t imaging that: SHE, the little wife of a man who – naturally – earns the money and pays the bills; just raising his children, making the housework, cooking for him; a perfect happy family living in the suburb in little white house with a nice garden and a white garden fence...

„Thinking of Barbie and Ken come to live – with no brain..." she hissed angrily and shivered from that thought. THAT would never be HER live, she doesn’t want it ... at least she tells herself. Feeling a little unsure about it suddenly. She hasn’t any concrete plans for her future. Always only thought about bringing Jarod back to the Center and then ... what? Leaving the Center had always been her only plan but what will she do if it really happens (she wasn’t sure her father would let her go so easily). What would she do, where could she go? Should she leave Delevare?

„Let’s face it, you has nothing but your father and your job at the Center, even when you hate it. Everywhere you would go there would be just lonliness waiting for you... Then you can just as good stay and keep living the way you know it. Till someday you are killed by a bullet, your ulcer, or just from cigarettes and alcohol."

She was still swearing under her breath when she suddenly stood right in front of a huge mirror. And she saw ... nothing. No, that’s not quite right. She saw the wall and the stairs behind her, but she did not see her reflection.

„What the hell...." she thought and tried to touch the mirror. It feeled ... somehow strange.

Suddenly she heard a noise from upstairs and swirled around. Her heart beated faster. Something was wrong here. Why wasn’t there a reflection of her? Why was she in house she didn’t know? She felt panic grip her and shot like a pain through her stomach.

Was this real? A sudden thought came to her. Was she dreaming? But why this house? She was sure she did not know it, even from her past! And ... it didn’t feel like a dream. It was crazy and confusing but it feeled so genuine. Like no dream had before...

She looked up the stairs and took a deep breath. Then she straightened up and went upstairs. Her hand on the banisters was shaking lightly but she didn’t notice. When she arrived the first floor she looked around. There was a corridor to her right and to her left. She hesitated, thinking where to go.



She was looking to her right when she heard a door slam loudly. She jerked and whirled around. Before she could even take a good look, a little girl had run past her and entered a door to her right. She didn’t even bothered to close it.

Miss Parker looked stunned after her. Then she walked towards the door. From the inside she could here a low hum. Her heart beated faster – this was definitly no child!

„OK, face the devil!" she thought by herself and slipped through the open door.

The room was large and bright. A big double bed was standing on one side; on the opposite there was a little oriel with a comfortable corner unit inside, all around large windows. On the side that was opposite the door there was an old wardrobe (what really pleased her). Then she heard a voice and remembered the girl that did run in here.

„Where is she?"

Miss Parker walked to the window and suddenly realised that the room made a bend. There was another room which has no real partition off the bedroom. It was not as large as this one, also flowed by sunlight and looking .... Looking like a nursery!

Miss Parker slowly walked in. Suddely she could see a women, bend over a crib, rearranging the covers. It was her who was humming a sweet little song. She wore a loose dress that was comfortable but still elegant. Her brown hair fell open around her head, hanging just under her shoulders, and so Miss Parker, standing just behind the other person, could no see her face. But she could swear she felt something ... familiar with this women. Just as she decided to get closer, the little girl came up from behind an open wardrobe, carrying a little bedspread.

she said and hopped to the crib.

The woman straightened up with a little groan, supporting her hands on her hips and arching her back. Miss Parker noticed the swollen abdomen.

„Man, she has to be in her 8. or 9. month." she thought quietly. But what surprised her the most was, that she had the starnge feeling as if she could sense the other person – a unknown little feeling in her stomach...

And then the other women turned towards the girl and Miss Parkers mouth dropped in pure shock.

„Oh my god..." was all she could think.

The woman ..... was HER!

She was looking at herself, standing just 2 meters from each other but it was more like 2 universes apart.

Miss Parker (the real one) did not move, not breath, not batting an eyelid.

The other Miss Parker was smiling at the girl, hugging her lightly as she took the bedspread.



The girl take a critical look around, then smiled broadly.



she laughed Now both were laughing.



A mischievous smile jerked at the corner of her mouth



„Daddy ... she just said daddy!" the real Miss Parker thought, still in shock. Then she scolded herself, „Don’t be a fool. There HAS to be a man. Two kids can’t come from nothing... But I would die to know who it is... Could it be just a dream of what could have happend, if Thomas hadn’t died? Or who could be this man. I mean, I – no SHE – just got TWO children from him.



And it seems she is ... really ... happy, is she? Could she? .............. Could I ?? .........."



The two other person didn’t take notice from the visitor that was standing next to them. Right now, the little head nodded in understanding.

Taking a deep breath, the woman closed her eyes and laid her hand on her stomach.



She went to a chair and set down.











The girl came close and huged her – or better her swollen abdomen.



she said in a low voice, more to herself than to the girl.



The girl looked up at her worried face and took her big hand in hers.



The woman looked at her and stroked through her hair.



„THREE children???? That is to much indeed!!!" the real Miss criticized.



















„I have a man that is far away from home when I’m pregnant in the 9th month....? Every moment there can happen something and the only person that would be here for my help is a three years old girl.... Things are going from bad to worse." Miss Parker was now sure that she was in a nightmare.



The other Miss Parker tried to heave herself up from the chair and was almost standing, when her face was suddenly a mask of pain and a not so quite groan escaped her lips. Quickly she said down again and pressed her hand against her abdomen.



„Oh no, I HAD to say it aloud and prompt something IS happening! Shit!" Miss Parker took a step towards her other self but stopped. She could do nothing but watch, even though she wanted to help.



the little girl said nervous. But suddenly she was very calm. She positioned herself right in front of her mother and said in a firm voice:



Miss Parker opened wide her eyes. Stop it, this was a little girl, perhaps three years old. But she was suddenly talking like an adult – no, most adults would have gotten panic if some pregnant woman was groaning in pain right before their eyes. But this little girl ....



The other Miss Parker also had opened wide her eyes by surprise. But now she started to laugh.







The little girl came closer and laid her hand on the place her mother showed her. For a moment everybody was quiet. Then Miss Parker could see her hand move – no, the body under the little hand buckled a bit. She gasped aloud. It was like she could lightly feel it herself. She never thought it would be like this. Feeling a life growing inside herself. Shurely she had seen many picture of pregnant women, but most of the time she just had feld sorry for them. She had never imagined that it would be so .... so alife inside herself – difficult to describe it but the feelings were overwhelming her. Feelings she had surpressed such a long time or didn’t even known she had.



the little girl said quietly.



There were some more kicks and the other Miss Parker surpressed a groan. She stroked over her abdomen.



The girl started stroking the stomach and talking to the baby inside.



She watched the abdomen and finally shaked her head.



The other Miss Parker started to say something when suddenly the sound of the front door being closed let the girl whirl around and storm out of the room. She sat quiet for a while then heaved herself out of the chair and went into the bedroom. The real Miss Parker followed slowly and stopped at the entrance.



They could hear two foorsteps coming up the stairs and the girl talking to someone. Then she stormed into the other direction and just one pair of heavy footsteps came to the room. From where she stood, Miss Parker could not see the person that entered the room. But she could see her other self, her face was lightenig up.



she said quietly.



a deep voice answered.



The real Miss Parker could not quite identify the voice, so she tried to get a better look at the man – her husband. But to her surprise she could not see him clearly, just as she can’t hear his voice really clearly. He was somehow blurred. She could not point a finger on it. It was very frustrating. She dies to know who would be her husband in this dream but it seems, somethings prevented it. Above all she could not see his face. But from what she COULD see of him, he was really a handsome man, tall and slim but quite muscular. „A first price exemplar of the species man." she thought.



the other Miss Parker smiled.



The man came closer. He reached his hand and lightly touched her cheeks.



The other Miss Parker started to laugh.



The man stroked her cheek then reached his hand to her neck. He put the other around her swollen abdomen on her back and drew her closer to him.



Miss Parker was stunned by his lovingly way. She had never thought she would hear something like this in her life. Every man she met always thought of her like a rational woman that would laugh at him if he starts such a flirting chit-chat (that’s how she often called it)



The other Miss Parker also looks stunned, then tried lightly to push him away.





He teasingly repeated.



She now sulked and showed her lower lip. He lightly laughed.



She looked surprised up at him. He bend forward and softly kissed her lower lip before he leaned in deeper and kissed her fully on the mouth. She didn’t hesitated any longer and reached behind him, her fingers running through his hair, she drew him closer as if she could not get him close enough to her.



When she finally pulled away, she shook her head and smiled at him:



His answer was a huge grin. He slowly bend down and lighty kissed her earlobe, what made her shiver. Then he whispered something in her ear that the real Miss Parker could not understand. Her other self throwed her head back and started to laugh. It sounded so happily, coming right from her heart. She prods the tip of his nose with her index finger and looked him deep in the eyes.



I will come back to that later... she warned with a twinkle in her eye.



He answered and kissed her again. This time longer and with more passion – if this was possible.



Even as they stopped kissing they stayed in each others arms. The other Miss Parker laid her head against his chest and sighed quietly.



He asked.



A took a little afternoon nap but couldn’t sleep very well. So I finished decorating the nursery. Hey, I’m pregant, not invalid. I can handle things myself. Remember, I’m a big girl!



I know. But you need to rest. Your body needs it.> He was quiet a while, stroking her back in long, tender movements what made her sigh contend. It sounded as if she was purring...He chuckled.



I won’t argue with you about that, ok? Hey, why don’t you let me spoil you a little bit. I will conjure a meal for us and then ... Let’s see... How does this sound for you: after the dinner we will take a bath together...



I always thought you shouldn’t go into water right after a meal.> she protested, but just meant do annoy him a little.









I already told Cathy and she thinks that’s exactly what you need. By the way I brought her a difficult skill game that should keep her busy all the evening. I tested it myself, just to be sure...



I don’t know, she is very good at things like that. It surprises me every time again.



Cathy!!?? Did he just say the name of this sweet little girl was Cathy?? Just like the abbreviation from Catherine? Miss Parker felt a knot forming in her throat.



But there was something more... This girl wasn’t like other kids in this age. Her other self suggested her cleverness, but Miss Parker arlready had mentioned herself that she was more intelligent than any other children ... excepting perhaps a pretender, but that wasn’t possible, aside from this man would be ............. Oh no...! The real Miss Parker went white. It could not be but on the other hand it would make sense. The girl was a pretender herself. And her big brother has to be Ellyr.



But no! No no no..... She resolutely shook her head. She would never...... HE would never .... She was his hunter, his....











She led him lead her to the bed and laid down.



he kissed her on the forehead.



She answered snuggling herself into the pillows. He helped her arranging them, so she laid comfortable between them. Then he left the room.



The real Miss Parker just stand in a corner of the room, tears in her eyes. „Why am I here? What is this? Does anybody wants to torture me?" Her voice went higher with every sentence.



Than the room started to blur right in front of her eyes. She whiped away the tears but it didn’t stop. Just as she wanted to shout she could hear a voice coming from behind her.



„Nobody wants to torture you..."



She jerked, clearly identifying the voice. Slowly she turned around. „Mom, is this really you?"



„Of course it’s me." Her mother smiled calmly at her.



„Oh I missed you so much. When you left me I ...." her voice broke. She took a deep breath.



„I never left you."



Miss Parker shook her head, that was stupid. Angrily she clenched her fist „Of course you didn’t leave me, they killed you and took you away..."



„No, I mean it. I never left you. I was always with you. But you was so angry and hurt, you didn’t notice it. There was so much pain, and it hurt to not be able to help you, hold you, let you know that you are loved, not just by me but by many other people. You didn’t recognize it." her mother repeated.



Miss Parker looked stunned.



„The Center kept telling you, that feelings are a sign of weakness. That you don’t need them, don’t WANT them. Finally you believed them. This was what hurt the most. I want my little girl to become happy. But you won’t allow it YOURSELF. Please, don’t throw your life away. There is so much that is worth living for...."



„Like in this dream. Is this what it is about?" Miss Parker whispered.



Her mother nodded. „I wanted to show you what your life could look like. It isn’t a prophecy, it is just a possibility. One of many other."



„But why can’t I see his face?"



„Nobody should know his future, even the possible ones. You can imaging it yourself who this man is, can’t you?"



Miss Parker shook her head. „It isn’t possible..." her voice was barely audible. „The Center .... they won’t allow me .... they will always hunt .... it is too dangerous ..." her voice became even lower „he won’t love me..."



„You should believe in your feelings ... and in those of people around you – especially from people who love you."



Miss Parker looked up and started to speak when she saw her mother fading as if she was engulfed by the fog.



„Wait, please!" she screamed, „Don’t go. I have so many questions to you...."



„Just remember, I’m always with you. I love you!"



Miss Parker opened her mouth to call her again, when she was startled by a shrill sound.



As she opened her eyes, she was in her bed. She turned her head and saw, that it was her alarm clock that had startled her. She turned it off and laid back into the pillows. While she was staring at the ceiling she thought about this strange dream. She wasn’t so sure anymore that she knew what were the most important things in her live. If you had asked her some years ago, she would have said that she knows it hundred percent. But when she started the hunt for Jarod, her live has changed – he made her change her point of view, gave her a look at the things that she had thought of as her everlasting truth. But some weeks ago she still was somewhat sure what her live would look like and what not.... But now ....



She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She had to make some decisions, some plans for her live.



„Mom, will you help me make the right decisions...?"

To her surprise she mentioned that it was the first time that she didn’t felt anger and sadness building inside herself while thinking at her mother.
Part 3 by M N
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.

PART THREE! Of course I don’t own the character ( who didn’t know?). There Is not beta-read this time. ( I hope you’re patient)
To Andrea: sorry!
To Nicolette: Thanx!!






Keep Cool Parker
part 3
by M N



When Parker entered her office she felt at once that something was…. Unusual.

This silence on the corridor, the particular smell she always find them different when something Is going to happen. She don? know where this feeling come from, but at thinking of It , she may have been developing It during those 4 years at searching for Jarod. So much happen… her father disappearances.. Lyle’s arrival Jarod’s clone… each time she had felt that something ‘weird’ coming.

So now she was heading for her office, her sense In alert. *As If this stupid dream I had wasn’t enough„. A red button on her answering-machine was twinkling . Against her will she pushed It.

Her father voice burst out of It.

"Angel, this Is me. The triumvirat has decided something big about you and I ? the one who have to break you the news. Don’t worry angel. This is not that big but I need you in my office asap. "

So that’s was It!!! She thought. She tried not to alarm herself while proceeding to her father office she congratulated herself of her own intuition’.

***

Mr. Parker ? office.
8:00 am

When Mr. Parker saw his daughter entering, he straightened himself and greeted her.

"Angel! I’m glad you’re made It this fast. "

"What do you want daddy? " she queried putting her that doesn’t affect me at all’ face.

"Well the triumvirat thought that maybe a ?raining„ would do you a real good. "

"What ?? a training’?? "

"Calm down angel nothing to worry about. Just a training period to Improve your performance.. After all It’s been a while you did not practice. And there a lot of Job where someone need a training period. That’s not something unusual or something.. "

"I don’t need a new training daddy!! I’m perfectly able of.. "

"But she was of course", interrupted by her father. "It won’t be long!! Just a week. There’ll be other women In there.. "

*How relieved I am * she though Ironically: actually: It Is even worse!! "But daddy that would do nothing!! "

"I’m not that sure angel! I think you need to re-focus on your mission. The time Is running
out now!! Jarod has been on the loose for too long ! We need him back!! "

*I can’t believe It!!* Finally her latest dream wasn’t her worst nightmare!

"Angel: I fear you don’t have any choice", he said suggestively

Miss Parker was fuming Inside!! How can the Centre do that to me?? How can my father do That to me!!! Besides It Is not my fault if the Centre can? keep Jarod Inside more than 5 minutes when they have him back!!

But feeling that she won’t obtain anything from her father she just turn around and left, trying to shut her ears about her father telling her that the training would begin this afternoon.

****

Broot’s office.
8:30

Sydney and Broots were chatting about a TV show they saw the previous night.

"This wasn’t realistic at all!! Those two girls should have been a lot more traumatized after what they ?e been through", advanced Sydney.

"Yeah!! And this thing with the computer search: It Is unthinkable!!! "

Parker burst then Into the room and scanned the area * what can I hurl Into a wall here?????*
"Miss Parker?? " Sydney said alarmed

This was too much for Miss Parker and for the first time she lost her usual unaffected way and exploded in front of them .

"My daddy want to subdue me to a training!! I’m not enough focused he said!! HE said MY time Is running out!!!!!!!!! Can you believe It????????? I spent every moment of my time on the search of Jarod! I got an ulcer because of that !! I saved his ?um.. life twice and he? still not happy about It????????? "

She was shouting. Sydney was mouth-gaped and Broots was really upset of her state of mind.
She finish her tirade’ on the sofa and waiting for their reaction still very ……edgy.

Broots was the first to talk. "Well, seeing you in this state, I would suggest you shoot some moving targets first In the sub-level under and once pacified a little coming here to analyze the situation. " Broots though a minute at Parker glance that he had had a very bad idea, but Parker stood up and announced that he had right.

"Sure there is some target of Brigitte effigy left there? That would relax me!!! I’ll be right back!! "

Parker retreated: the two puzzled stooges left were not talking anymore about the last night TV show!! What was happening here was certainly more interesting.

Syndey talked first this time. "I must admit you had the most useable Idea!! "

"But I don’t know where I got it from!!! He answered still shocked. She was really angry…

"Hum hum!! I think we can say now that we have seen her angry. "

"Huh" added Broots.

*****

Broots office
10:00

One hour later Miss Parker made her reappearance in Broot’s office completely exhausted.

"Well, at least she is quiet now", Broots whispered to Sydney.

"How long will this training last?" Asked cautiously Sydney

"One week", she answered with no emotions or resentment in her voice.

"When will it began? "

"This afternoon. "

„Where? "

"I don’t know! Here certainly…

"On what will this training consist? "

"I don? know yet!! To re-focus me I guess", she answered bitterly.

"It Is weird! We hadn’t heard from the triumvirat from a long time maybe there is someone new at the head… Perhaps we should play the ‘safe card’. You could play the nice sheep for the week. They’ll have an eye on you. But Broots and I will lead our enquiry during this time.

"The problem Sydney Is that I don’t want this training!! I do not need it. "

"I know Parker. But I think the Centre need to think it still has a control on you. If you act like it is the right then maybe we’ll have more freeness of our movements.
The Centre ?e m?ie de nous„ since we’re foraging our noise not always where we should.
If they see you with your „ former state of mind„ they’ll be relieved…. Miss Parker tickled a little at the mention of her „ former state of mind„ * so I changed that much*

"You ‘e right she said eventually, you’re right. I’ll act as they want me to act: but we’ll see

****

Miss Parker’s sanctuary

About noon a sweeper knocked at Miss Parker? door.

"Yes she answered pissed"

The sweeper came In obviously very.. anxious.

"Your father sent me to report on you that the training is taking place in a centre annex in Illinois. You have to be there at 5 pm with your stuff. " The sweeper wasn’t at all at ease and some bead of sweat were streaming along his forehead.

"And? " She hissed

"Well", he suggested, "you leave now to pack your stuff. "

Miss Parker was having a hard time to restrain herself from smacking him.

"Just leave now", she said shooting him her killing glance.

The sweeper turned around at once and left.

****

Miss Parker’ s home
12:00am

Miss Parker was packing her stuff in real fury. She had Informed Broots and Sydeny of her ultimate departure in Illinois and had made her best to not look depressed, teasing Broots about having a quiet time without her around and Sydney about not having to smile all the time along when she was sullying Broots.

They tried their bets to comfort her, but she was still enraged.

"I’ll go there with my car: It will give me time to think and to prepare myself to what I’ll have to endure. "

And Jarod! He will be on the loose during all this time. I’m wondering what will happen now that he has a ... *she couldn’t resolve herself to say it out loud at fear of being listened and maybe for something else too*. He will stop to contact us soon?? sure It’s just a matter of weeks now. He’ll always caring for the other and I know he won’t risk Ellyr’s life.

"He will try to resolve all his questions in a short time and once done. Pouf: no more Jarod.
Hum! I just sound like a pretender myself !! When I think I’ll be playing the nice obeying freak there!!! "

Miss Parker was finally ready. She went Into the car and just sped off. She continued her thoughts.

What will I become then? My father will want to reassign me somewhere.. and Sydney? He will no more be of any use ( I prefer not to think of what useless mean at the Centre) ! As for Broots he certainly will be reassigned too. Not a very enjoying perspective!!! Miss Parker eventually fallen silent during the rest of the trip. Suddenly a big structure was on sight
I can’t believe this is another Centre annex!! How many annex do the Centre have that I’m not aware of???? She wondered bewildered.

****

The citadelle
5:00pm


When Miss Parker entered the complex she had a sick feeling in her stomach. She fixed her best: Don’t-mess-with-me-guy, don’t-think-you’re-better-than-me and do-you-know-how-much-I-despise-you„ look and get In. ( she the only to be able to express all at the same time! :)

A man In his forties greeted her and told her to join the other woman who were already there.
There was around ten women there: from around 28 to 32 years old. Since Miss Parker was the last; the man in his forties Introduced himself .

"So, women: I’m Alex. I’ll be your training man . I want discipline I want strong women and I want obediance. It may seem hard: but once out of this training you’ll be the best: good and well payed jobs will be awaiting you. This place is called ‘the citadelle’ and no one is allowed to get out of it during the training session. Nonetheless: there is a little garden outside where you will be able to go.

Miss Parker had observed all the women and none of them had flicked; ‘strange’ she thought! Miss Parker wasn’t afraid either: she had prepared herself for something like that.

"So, Alex continued some men will show you your rooms. You’re been assigned to one in particular. You have someone else with you: and we won’t change anything. Is that clear?? All the women nodded. ( besides Parker) ‘I? not a sheep!’ ‘But you must act like you’re one„ she reminded herself. So she nodded too but 30 seconds later so it was no more use. ‘I’m such an idiot’, she berated herself.

Ten Minutes later

Miss Parker was In her ‘New room’ and was supposed to get acquainted with her roommate Lisa till the diner is up. *Cool, I? stuck with these girlie now* She thought. Lisa may be in her middle twenties.

Miss Parker out packed her stuff without uttering a word thinking that this women is certainly not so innocent that it seems she is. And that the Centre certainly choose her because she must be good at pretending she is a friend . That way Miss Parker would confess at her and then… quick… no more Parker.

*I can? believe how the Centre underestimate me!!! As If I? the kind to stupidly threw myself In someone else arms to get reassurance!!!!!!*

Parker get conscious of a noise annoying her and finally turned herself to Lisa.

"Hola! Parker!! It? been 5 minutes I’ve been calling you!!!"

"Oh really? " She ice-toned

"I didn? mean to disturb you though…."

"Well now It’s done just shoot!! " She feigned boredom.

"Huh I thought we could make a little catch-up to get to knew a little more about each other since we’re stuck here for one week."

"Stuck? " Miss Parker faked a outrageous tone.

"What ? You enjoy going In here? "

"I’m not really thrilled with the prospect but maybe It could be a good thing after all."

Lisa seemed dubious.

Miss Parker looked directly Into her eyes sending her a don’s-question-my-telling-you then seeing It was of no effect on her, gave up.

*Maybe I should ask some lessons of pretending to Jarod after all!!!*
Since Parker needed to know as much as possible on this lady she asked her why she Is here.

"Hum, I’ve been sent here against my own will."

Oh! that was just giving reinforcement In Parker belief. *Just like me: how strange! She thought Ironically!*

"And why did your employer sent you there? "

"He talked about ‘unfocused’, ‘too much failure’ and so on! She answered bitterly.

Miss Parker was puzzled: would the Centre go so far or is she just like her : a black sheep needed to be re-whited?: *Nah!! she would be suspicious about me! She IS from the Centre*
But then the bell rang announcing the diner was up.

**************************************************

The Citadelle dinning room.
18:00

When the women came In they could smell the parfum of the food but It wasn’t on the table yet. *hum at least the food smell ok here!* thought Miss Parker.

Alex and some other guys that Miss Parker called Goose ask them to sit down. Lisa sat near Parker. ( greats!) Some of the women seemed getting along well and was chatting. Ten minutes later the diner wasn’t still up and Parker began to wonder, this smell was so good that she was starving now and of course losing her (short) patience.

Alex and his goose were standing at the door. Miss Parker got up and addressed to Alex:

"Next time: I suggest you rang your bell once the diner is up: I know it is really funny to rang a bell but I’m sure you can wait a little longer.

Alex just smiled.

"I’m sure you wouldn’t mind to tell me then: when the diner Is up?

He smiled again.

"You know.. Alex… I really look forward the training where I could punch you once or twice. She got back immediately to her sit never seeing if he had smiled again or not.

"So? When the diner is coming?", asked Lisa.

"From that smile on Alex face: I’ll say …… Not tonight.

"What? "

"They want us to starve. Is that so understandable?" She hissed.

"Oh! They want us in our worst mood tomorrow…"

"Well luckily I still have some cookies In my bag! Because with this smell around: It Is torture."

As the other women was getting impatient too, Alex told them:

"The training is beginning women: I don’t want to hear a little wail or I would ask you all to do 20 pomp. There Is nothing to eat tonight: you’ll wait here for 45 minutes the time my guys and I eat in the table there: he motioned to a table for 5 persons at the other side of the big room.

And so during 45 min, Alex and his goose ate some lasagna laughing In front of starving women.

"There playing a dangerous game here: we’re ten there just 5! Stated Miss Parker: the day we bored with them: they’ll dead man!"

"huh!! "

******

The Citadelle
The dining-room
19:00

Alex was now announcing this night program.

"OK, now I want you all in your room to get changed and back in ten minutes in the fighting room. If you’re not all here in ten minutes that will be 20 pomps by minute passed.

One of the women asked where is the fighting room and Alex answered they had to read the Citadelle map which was on all of their bedroom door.

Miss Parker was clearly pissed. * who do they think they are? It is not the military service here*
All the women were scurried to their room. Miss Parker didn’t boudge.

"He Parker!!! Waved Lisa: I suggest you hurry up a little."

"I don? like being commanded! "

"And? It Is just for one week!!! Please I don’t want to do their stupid pomp let’s go!

*shit! I had already forgotten!! I’m supposed to be happy with this!*

"You’re right ! Let? go! "

Lisa and Parker made their best to be there at times but they get lost in the process and when they finally found the fighting room: two minutes had passed.

***

The fighting room
19:12

"So, thanks to our dear friend: Parker and Lisa here you all have the deep honour to do 40 pomp. They all obeyed but a general grudge was forming. Two hours later when they were all exhausted by their fight Alex eventually annouced that It was time to go to bed because tomorrow would be a hard day!

***

Parker and Lisa’s bedroom.

"Oh my god! I’m exhausted!" Said Lisa

"Hey!! They went through my stuff! "

"What?"

"My cookies: there aren’t here anymore! "

"Hey: they took my cell phone too growled Lisa. "

"Then they’ve taken mine too! " Miss Parker wailed ( Inwardly she was thanking her Instinct that had made her hide It )

"Somehow: they’ll pay for that one day", murmured Lisa.

The two of them were now in bed: but sleep wasn’t coming to Miss Parker: she still wasn’t sure If she could trust Lisa ( she seemed far above all soupcon for someone who come from the Centre) and although she had her phone: she would be discovered by Lisa If It happen to ring.

Two day passed. The training was really hard: they had just one meal per day , too much hours of training and not enough sleeping hours. One women ( her name was L?) had gave up and according to the new rule of the Citadelle: she had to die.

Nobody had seemed outraged when Alex announced that one of them had to kill her ( she was In another room: and didn’t know the fate that was waiting for her) Melinda was specified to kill her : lea was her roommate. If she didn’t kill her: she would be killed too and so on…

She had no choice: she killed her. But the training was getting his fruits : Melinda wasn’t that upset.

I was so glad I hadn’t be specified, what I would have done???? Since I was determinated not to kill anyone: we’re not animals: we have a conscience!! Even If I acted more and more ruthless everyday ( actually I? sure daddy would be please : this training makes me just more sick about this madness every day) I had observed Lisa when Melinda killed a terrified L?: She had a blank stare.

When we got back In our room this night she said nothing. She was shocked ! Parker was more and more curious about Lisa: the training didn’t seem to work on her: just like her. But she wasn’t hidden it so well . Parker pretending seemed well since Lisa wasn’t so thrilled with her.
Part 4 by M N
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.

No comment today :)






Keep Cool Parker
part 4
by M N





This same day
2am

It was two in the morning when Parker heard a muffled biping. My phone!!! She quickly grabbed it; hoping lisa was still asleep.

"Hallo Parker"

"Jarod" she whispered

"Why are you whispering Parker? " He asked surprised

"What? Don’t tell me you don’t know where I am right now? "

"Well … i got busy…Sydney told me you were on a .. "

"Yes, I’m in a training session Jarod and I’m not supposed to have a phone. I have a roommate too. "

"So that’s right! They dare to send you there??? "

"Jarod: don’t laugh: because I swear it I’ll show you personally what the training learnt me! "

"Huh huh then I’ll may not laugh. "

"You seem wiser Jarod since …. A few time…"

"Yeah! Some perspecives have changed.."

"Why did you not call sooner? "

"I was …..fearing this call"

"Really? Perhaps it is because you asked me something i can’t do. "

"Parker , I …"

But Parker heard some noise in the other bed.

"Lisa? Is that you? "

"So you have your phone… "her voice was cold.

"Is that a problem? "

"How come you have a phone while we all had ourselves „removed"? "

Jarod at the other side of the phone was listening hard since Parker did not hang up.

"Listen, please don’t tell them Lisa: i was suspicious about this place and so i had hidden it. "

"Whose on the phone?

"A friend of mine"

Jarod was delighted!!

"And what tell me you’re not one of them spying on me? "

Parker was flabbergasted: so Lisa was suspicious about her!

"Hey! I’m the one who should be suspicious about you! "

"OH? And why that? "

"Listen Lisa: I promise I’m not one of them. Please don’t talk about that to anybody. For now I’d like to end this call"

Lisa was still a little relunctant.

"Ok but we’ll talk about that again. " Lisa seemed afraid now: certainly fearing for her life.

Lisa: don’t worry but. "

"OK I go back to sleep then I guess? "

"Yes I would love that…."

The first word that Parker said to Jarod was: "And don’t dream Jarod: you’re still not my friend. "

"Oooh!! I have to bring this bottle of champaign back in it cave then? "

"I fear you’ll have to yes! "

"So, do you think you have a ally here? "

"I dunno! "

"I may find more about her: What do you know about her? "

Parker told him she was from arkansas that her name was Lisa Bedet.

"I’ll search: I’ll tell you about her .. tomorrow ? "

"Why would you do that? "

"Do to the other what you’d like the other do to you….."

"Are you talking again about your „ proposition"? "

"Who knows! I’m serious about it Parker"

"I think you lost your sanity Jarod"

"It could work though Parker! It could work" And he hanged up

****

Morrow
Parker and Lisa’s room.

*I’m tired, very tired. All those days in Hell. It ‘s getting worse and worse everyday. What would this day bring?*

I suddenly became aware that someone was getting really close to me. I burst awake at the second: ready to attack. ( kinda nervous today: that’s not a good sign) Lisa backed off, defensive.

"Hey!! It is Me Parker!!!!!! " she yelled being surprise by my sudden attack

"Oh Lisa! I said relieved!! You scared me to death!"

"Huh!! You’re the one who frightened me!! I just wanted to wake you up a little sooner so we can talk. Besides you don’t need this training, you’re fine to me. "

"That what I think too but I’m stuck here anyway. I said bitterly"

"You must have a „big past" to react this way", Lisa added more to herself than to me

"You can say so, yes. Well, so let’s talk about those stuff. "

"I was thinking there may be some … she bent over me and whispered ….bugs here.

My eyes grew wider : how can i have forgotten that!!!! Since there is no camera there must be bugs!!!!!!! Jarod! The phone call! Oh gosh!! Those bugs can’t be whisper detecting please!!!!

Lisa remarked my striking face but acted like nothing had occured and said. "I need some fresh air. Are you coming with me? "

She ‘s wit I thought.

"Hum yes I’m coming I need to" jog" a little anyway. "

***

Later
The citadelle’s little garden.
6:pm

"You were shocked Parker. So this call wasn’t supposed to happen? "

My mind was swirling : it was too much!! First I’m still not sure if Lisa is an ally or not (even if I have the feeling she is, my safeguard instinct tells me the contrary) And second I’m in big trouble: because of the bugs.

"Of course i was! I’m not suppose to have a phone, remember! "

"Why did you keep it then? "

"I was thinking i could call some of my trusty friend if… „something" happen. ( try not to say too much Parker) Lisa nodded. Her figure was hard. She seemed worried too.

"Lisa, I’m just like you: I’m here to do that training because someone ordered me too: I’m not one of them in anyway. I’m not here to spy on you. "

Lisa studied me intently. After what seemed to me like an eternity she answered :

"I believe you Parker. But now you’re in big trouble with those bugs. You should take care of this quickly. "

I was trying hard not to look desesperate. But the panick on Lisa eyes made me loose my cold blood.

"But what can I do?????????? "

"Maybe first you should come up with „an logical explanation " and then set up a plan to destroy the bugs record"; Lisa said simply.

I looked at her eyes wide open.

"Don’t look at me like that: I’m not the most concerned so I can think clearly that’s all! "

"Actually I ‘m please you help me, Lisa. "

We talked about the bugs issue: but we found no way to get them out of their dirty hand.
So my story has better to be good or a miracle must happen to save my sorry ass.

"This was one of your trusty friend on the phone last night? "

"Hum !! no! It wasn’t." ( that was the first words that came out of my mouths but i hadn’t even thought it. It was more my defensives walls that had answered: what I had built all those years.)

"He! What’s the matter with him ?" she asked feeling that there was something.

"He is more like a bug himself". I answered

"Oh? Why were you wanting absolutely continue the call then? after I disrupted you? "

Shit! I was trapped!

"You’re curious Lisa"

"You owe me, Parker!! "

"We had to talk about a unrealistic things he asked me. "

"What? He asked you to marry him?" She quiered innocently

I stopped walking at once!! ( because we were walking while talking)

"What? Marry him??? That’s the most unthinkable thing i have ever heard Lisa!!!! " I was laughing at the though.

"So I really don’t see what this unrealistic thing can be!! "

"Don’t worry: it is unrealistic anyway so…"

"Maybe we should go back in now! It is getting late. But you’ll have to tell me more about that Parker! "

I took my breathing as though I would never breath again, put the best ‘I’ve done nothing bad’ face I could manage and get in along with Lisa.

***

The citadelle
7pm

Alex was waiting for us.

"What were you doing young women? " He had this face he had the day lea was ‘murdered’

"We were getting some fresh air outside" answered Lisa

"What? There is nothing against that I think? Why would you have this garden then", Miss Parker added harshly.

Alex sent her: a very bad look and answered: "You’re supposed to tell us you’re going there first though: I won’t tolerate this happen again ! Is that Clear?" His voice wasn’t being hard or something. No it was smooth but the two women knew better than that: he would killed them .

"That’s clear, we won’t do that again." They said

"I want to see Parker in my office in five minutes though."

Parker didn’t boudge a muscle : "Of course sir: I’ll be there"

He left. I was silent, so was Lisa. We exchanged one look saying it all: I can do nothing for you: Good luck/ I know that, don’t worry: I’ll be fine, since saying it aloud would betray us.

Lisa was at the breakfast. Parker in Alex’office.

"Parker, I’m not really pleased by your behavior."

"What displease you sir? " I answered

"First you’re little fly away this morning, then you’re way to answer me. You’re a very good asset Parker: you entirely fulfilled the physic aspect of this training but i feel you kinda hostile anyway. And i won’t accept that! Can’t you understand that this training will bring you power and money??? Are you ready to get ride of this away? I see two people in you Parker: fighting each other: the moral part and the wicked one. Let this one surround you Parker: because this is the better one. The other one is weakness."

Why he’s not talking about the bugs thing?? Is he trying to destabilize me? He don’t know about the bugs yet?? Oh thanx god!!! I was momentarily relieved but i knew it had to come later. It is the time to act the best i can!!!

"You’re right Alex. There is those two persons in me. But i made my decision. I made it yesterday to tell you the thruth.

"I’m on your side now."

"As for my hostile way to answer you: i just don’t appreciate much to be „patronize" and i like to make it clear. And about this morning escape like you call it: i really didn’t know it was bad. I’ll ask you in the futur. I can have power and money: and i want get it all. I won’t be of any problem anymore sir." My visage was uncaring , my eyes were exactly reflecting what my mouth was saying. If he wasn’t believing me then: he had to know about my phone call!

Alex’ face light up! I was certain you would do the good decision. And I’m glad you did avow that you were uncertain by the past. This is frankness: and i love it. "You may eat now. Please call : Lisa: i have to talk with her too. "

I left, overjoyed inwardly. I make it!!! I MAKE IT !!!!!!!! When Lisa saw me she sighed from relief. So she ‘s definitely not one of them! Or she’s is a even more better pretender than Jarod!
I smiled at her.

"Hey Parker, that’s good to see you back! "

"Yeah it is! But i have bad news though: you have to go to his office too!!! "

"Really? " She wasn’t smiling anymore

"Don’t worry: i know you will manage perfectly." (She shot her a knowing look.)

"OK! I’m leaving then. "

Lisa came back too. She had managed. We never discussed about it: the important thing was: that we were still breathing. I had to know though: how come i have no problems with the bugs thing?? I didn’t know at that time but: i would understand very soon.

******

The morning we had what i call SIMS. Because it was sim: they weren’t saying things that way We’re the chairmain of a compagny and we have to takes decisions. But BAD decision: Like how to bluff a partner, kill the traitor/ or the one who failed this is the same, find some new completely unmoral things to do, etc…

I was good at that game!! But something was terrifying me!! I was saying stuff that seemed out of the question to me but that was actually good ideas to the other.

Alex wasn’t in a good mood. He asked to some of his goose to take care of us for a while. Wonder why!

****

The same day
03:00 pm

The simulation were coming to an end. (luckily: i was getting hungry). Alex convoked us all.

"Hello Ladies, We had an impromptu this morning: the one who should have taught you our „ special Karate" was stuck in his bed: he’s sick. Luckily: i’ve found someone else. We ‘ve discussed a one and i think he is a perfect matches. He’s been trained here just like you but ten years ago. So he knows perfectly well „our" Karate. I want you ready in five minutes in the fight room. I warn you if you’re not there in fives minutes you won’t eat at all today! Is that clear for everybody? Besides: you want have your meal before at least .. hum ….11:00 pm. "

Everybody scurried to their room .

"I’m hungry!! They shouldn’t do that: I have some tendancy to get very angry and very dangerous when i have nothing in my stomach , I said ( and meaning it) "

"I bet you are. "Lea said winking at me.

We were all there in the five minutes. The trainer though wasn’t here. I was getting angrier and angrier at any minutes passing. And i had get this energy out. I was searching someone to punch when the trainer got in. I couldn’t see him first but i heard the women giggles. * The trainer is handsome or what?* I turned my head and ……was stunned!!!!!!!

JAROD???? I nearly blurted out.
Part 5 by M N
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Keep Cool Parker
part 5
by M N



Jarod made is appearance in front of all the women and heard a general whistling. He cracked a little smile and search Parker in the crowd. She was apparently busy, searching for something ( just like an eagle on it next pray to be exact). Suddenly she looked at him and didn’t hide her surprise. Jarod was amused! * I’m gonna have fun!!*

He quickly entered in his pretend though he wasn’t here to flirt!

"So women, you’re here to learn a very special karate there isn’t many people who can practice it, and you won’t be able to learn it later so I suggest you to listen carefully to me.

Miss Parker was still at shock but tried to look unaffected. If Alex had employed him that was certainly because he didn’t know him so she couldn’t make a fuss right here claiming he was the one she had hunted for so many years they would think she’s just crazy. Besides, why would she do that if she thought she would have a lot more fun to see how the thing is gonna happen.

"In order to show you the « making of » I need the best in karate here.

Every women drew back to show Parker (even if all their wish was to be the lucky one to be held in Jarod’s strong arms they had learn discipline they were perfectly trained they all admitted that Parker was definitely the best)

It was the first time then that Jarod and Parker made eyes contact. It was very intent. None of them wanted to disrupt the contact because actually they were in a eager conversation.

Parker eyes telling I can believe you’ve done this !

Jarod eyes telling her I know what I do.

And they both thought about the last time, when a child they had learn together karate. Miss Parker had been the best.

Her eyes reflecting now a mocking expression saying you’ll loose again jar !

Jarod eyes answer dream on Parker.

Then a smile formed on Miss Parker lips so she finally had it her punching ball !

Jarod recovered first from the eyes contact and quickly takled as her trainor ( hey the other women were beginning to ask themselves what was the matter with those two !)

"So, what’s your name"?

"Your’s first!"

"Ok, all I’m Jarod Kick but want you to call me Jarod."

"I’m Parker."

"No first name?" he asked teasingly

"Let’s fight ok? the sooner it is finish the sooner I’ll eat. "

"No problem I want you first to fight me I want to test you to know how you react and then I’ll use you to show the different posture. I want all the other women watching closely I want your comments after the fight ok?"

They all nodded.

Parker knew Jarod was doing her a favor he needn’t to test her he just know she needed to « exteriorize ».

Parker was the first one to attack, Jarod thwart her .. and so on. The fight lasted 10 minutes. Miss Parker was letting out all the energy and the frustration she had in store from four long years on Jarod .

Jarod was stunned by Parker ability and if the fight stopped it was more because of their mutual exhaustion Nobody got the upper hand. The fight was so beautiful to watch that when it ended all the women applauded.

Jarod tried to not show his breath was short and continued ok!

"You really are a good fighter Parker! He said bluntly. Parker flashed him a „you knew I was good at karate glance" and looked away she didn’t want to be too suspicious besides now she was really calmed down and it felt good.

"Any comment there? " Jarod asked to the women.

"Nope! It was perfect" answered one of them. They all nodded.

"I have a comment though answered Jarod those kind of fight aren’t really useful. I mean, don’t get me wrong, in your profession you’ll be with people who will be as good as you in karate you’ll fight ten minutes without someone winning the other the winner will be the one with the best stamina.

"This IS dangerous don’t forget you are women if you fight guy, you’ll lost! You need to trick the opponent. And that what I’m gonna teach you.

And so during some long hours Jarod teach them the subtilities of his art.

Parker finally find the ideal moment to ask him how he came here and why he’s done that but he shushed her rapidly and whispered in her ears that he would tell her everything later „right now it is not safe".

The session finished at 1200 pm.

The women were so exhausted that they had some difficulties to walk!!

1200 pm
The dining-room.

All the women were gathered in their table eating some unedible thing while Jarod, Alex and his goose were feasting in the other side of the room.

Lisa sat just beside Parker like usual and threw her a knowing smile.

Parker chose to ignore at first but irritated by her persistence gave up.

"What??????? "

"huh? You had a good time?"

Parker rolled her eyes like i could have a good time in jarod’s arm! "Dunno what you’re babbling about!! "

"Oh come on!!! There was something special between you too!!! We all saw it!!"

Parker choked

"Are you mad??? We just fight!"

"No no!!"

"What? What I was doing then?"

"You were trying to impressed him."

She hadn’t that wrong!! After all she wanted to show him what she was capable of ( kinda like a warning) Parker escaped a little smile and Lisa was happy.

"Ah!! Don’t tell me you don’t find him handsome?? Some women would have killed to be you at that time! (She punched gently parker and winked at her)"

Parker there nearly broke out of laugher!

"So?"

"OK! He’s handsome! But…"

"Oh shut up Parker! I just know you like him."

"You’re too stubborn Lisa!"

The conversation dropped there and Parker observed Jarod at the other side of the room. He seemed to laugh along with the other. He was acting a complete other way! That was quite strange, and a little scary too. He manage well in his pretend Parker admitted.

Now it was time to go to bed. Alex announced that they had two extra hours tomorrow
"Cool", said Lisa sardonically, "we’ll have to wake at 8 am!! What a rest! "

***

Parker and lisa’s room
1 am.

"Pfuu!! I’m not unhappy to go into that bed!!"

"Me neither!!!!!!! "

But once Parker was drifting to sleepy-world the door was forced open.

Lisa and Parker jerked awake and waited for the stranger to get in ready to attack.
But at their surprise Jarod entered shushing them before they could answer anything.

Then Jarod talked in sign language to Parker.

Lisa frowned trying to figure what he was doing!! And why was he so interested on Parker. But much to her damn Parker answered in the very same language, moving her arms and hand swiftly.

"What…."

Parker and Jarod immediatly motion her to shut up!

Parker got an idea took a pen and a piece of paper and write down

Don’t worry Lisa Actually i knew Jarod. Don’t worry and please tell none. Then she handed her the paper.

Lisa nodded and write back then i guess i go back to sleep, like usual…

Parker smiled to her and drew a big thank you with her lips without letting escape a single sound.

They sat on Parker bed. Jarod had a torch.

And of course they’re talking in sign language all the time.

*What the hell do you think you are doing!!!*

*Please Parker!*

*And how come they don’t know you in here?*

*Well the Centre is impervious. Blue Cove and only Blue Cove knows my existence. They need this imperviousnes in case a Centre filial is exposed.*

*OK. Then why are you there?*

*You have a short memory Parker! Who is afraid of the big bad bug?*

Parker’s eyes widened in recognition.

*Yeah, Parker. How do you explain that Alex still did not kill you since there is effectively some bugs here? That’s why I came here on the first place to save your ass. Once I had hanged up I thought about the bugs. I came here and when heading to the control room I found Alex’s room. I broke into it and saw your program for the day coming. I took care of your ‘former’ trainer and learned his karate. The trainer sincerely think is sick to death so he don’t suspect anything.*

*But why staying here Jarod? Since your bugs excursion was a success?*

*I wanted to see you… to know if you were all right and all…. *

*I still don’t understand you Jarod.*

*Well never mind! I returned the favor you gave me with Ellyr. You didn’t bring me back / you’re not dead thanx to me*

*You don’t want to get ride of Ellyr , do you?*

*Parker!! He… he means everything to me now*! He’s gestures were going faster and faster as he was trying to tell her how much Ellyr was a part of his life now.

"So? You ‘ll leave definitely the Centre?* Miss Parker finally asked knowing he had thought about it anyway and admitting by that, that if he didn’t want them around they couldn’t track down him.

*No, not now I mean. I still have some „issue" to clear up and then….. yes. The countdown is up now.*

Parker didn’t know what to think and how to act in front of him!! Hell! She didn’t even knew how she was feeling!

*And… your pretend?* she managed to say

*I’ll have A job.*

Miss Parker nodded. Jarod watched her a few seconds. She was glaring at her sheets, not wanting to make eyes contact. Jarod then decided to leave.

He said in final thought that they would maybe see each other again… and to think about his ask about Ellyr’s care. Then he left. It was a lot easier to say that in sign language than by voice he thought! And the good thing was that Parker couldn’t even shut him up or yell at him since they had to be silent.

*************************************

I’m upset. OK I didn’t have to worry about the bugs thing but then I had other things to fill my mind with. Jarod! I hate him!! Another night I won’t sleep even if I’m exhausted.
Why did he come? He really wants me to take care of Ellyr??? Why that?? I’m the ice queen after all!! I don’t like kids! I’m not like this „Parker" I dreamt of! Nope !!! I’M NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it is not working. Of course Ellyr was a nice guy! And yes I had a good time there!! But that’s the problem! I’m not suppose to have fun when Jarod is around!!

What we will become Sydney, Broots and I when he’ll be gone?? They’ll kill us? Because we’re no more useful?

Oh god I’m exhausted! I can’t even think straight.

And on those good paroles Parker gave herself to slumber.

******************************************


An monstrous bell rang in the morning. Parker and Lisa jerked out of their bed putting their pillow to their ear. How are you supposed to stand a such noise ?? (especially when you hadn’t had much sleep)

Miss Parker and Lisa moaned during all the process to get dress and all, telling how much they want to sleep , how much they would like to put a bullet in Alex face ….

This day was cooler that the days before. They had only 10 hours of training. And when they were all reunited in the fight room the night Alex made a final speech.

"Girls, you all now tomorrow will be your last day here. But there it will be the ultimate test .I know you all think you are ready, and in some extent yes, you are ready! But you aren’t still ready for ‘THE CENTRE’. So tomorrow you’ll be face to face to you roommate.
You’ll take some feet back and then at the „tooop", it will be the first one of you two who shoot the other. "

All the women gasped, shocked. But they had learn not to be shock too long and came back to a not impressed mode.

"We want the best one", continued Alex. "We don’t want failure or weakness. Where you’ll be you’ll have to not even trust your brother. And you’ll have to be ready to shoot anyone. I said anyone. Tomorrow will be the day that we’ll know if you deserve to be a CENTRE employee and the best of the Centre."

Parker and Lisa had still alerted eyes how can they dare to ask that???? Kill each other????? They really are monster. Parker and Lisa exchanged a quick glance saying it all they had to find a way out!!


The END!!! ……. For now thought.
Part 6 by M N
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Keep Cool Parker
part 6
by M N





I was feeling worse at every minute passing. This Place makes me puke! How can they train people like this? Ready to kill their own roommates? How the hell will I get out of this mess?….ALIVE????

What make me sicker too is thinking that my father knew he may not see me anymore!
Maybe I won’t see Sydney … and Broots anymore. I did not miss my father and to an extent that did not upset me. I had to admit I grew too much found of my too college! They had been so nice to me! I’ll have to kiss them if I get out of here alive!

IT has been one hour now since Alex announced what he called „the cow-boy play. We have free time now to think about .. tomorrow…our last day to all either our last day on this earth either our last day in this Place.

I couldn’t think clear! How to save my ass? There is no way I’ll kill Lisa. I’m not feral or something……Lyle is.

I could see Lisa at the other part of the ‘garden’ she was staring at me too…begging me to find a way.. Alex goons were around. So we couldn’t talk together about escape…

Suddenly I got an idea! WHY DID I NOT THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE?? I was excited suddenly ! It will work!! It must work!! I winked at Lisa… she was just puzzled.. certainly trying to guess what I was thinking.

The dinner was up.

There was a dead silence already. We could hear only Alex and the other’s laugh. Those Bastard!! They’ll pay soon! Lisa was in front of me.. I made her some sign.. trying to explain my „escape" plan.. she did understood.. Because I just had to make a sign..

***

Later that night..

We were all back in our room..

It was around 1000 PM time to execute „plan B"

It was simple! I took my phone dialed Jarod’s number and speak to … Lisa.. ignoring Jarod remarks who did not understand what was happening..

"Hey Lisa you were quite a room mate! I’ll be sad to live you "

"It’s the same Parker! I don’t understand why they want us to do that We are both ready "

"Parker? What are you doing? Parker??? Was asking Jarod. "

I ignored him and continued to talk with Lisa.

"Yeah! I don’t understand why they want us to kill each other. They’re losing half of their ‘project’ ! Maybe yes the remainder will be the best but.. I’m sure they could find firm interested by the other one? "

Jarod stopped immediately to ask. He just couldn’t believe what he was hearing! *They are monster!* He thought. I did not even breath anymore too engross in they’re talking and the atrocity of the Citadelle request.

"Well the best one will win Parker! Too bad I’ll have to kill you to have my life and my money under the sun! "

"Dream on Lisa you know i shoot better than you… "

"But you may miss the guts to do so… "

"Tomorrow we’ll have our answer Lisa.. But you won’t have much time too realize you lost…"

"We’ll see… "

And I hunged up. I did not hear Jarod anymore! What a shock it must have been to him.
I smiled at Lisa a reassuring smile saying everything is take care of now…

Sometimes my faith on Jarod was getting me crazy I’m supposed to chase him! Not ask him to rescue me and be certain that I can trust him!

Lisa nodded and said "Well I guess we’d better sleep now…

I did not answered I switch off the light get on the bed but my eyes were still wide open.. I couldn’t sleep.

I was thinking about Jarod… and how my opinion of him had changed. Since how long he’s become like a friend to me? And how come he became a friend by the way?

I guess, that’s just because I made the „acquaintance" of a few people even more unbearable than him since this assignment… (Brigitte, Raines Lyle..)

Oh come on Parker! Why I’m fooling myself! I’m not this Miss Parker anymore this ‘all my loyalty is for the Centre’ Parker. Jarod has always been a friend. Maybe not always ‘welcome’ yes… But then why I get the feeling something is happening…if it is not Jarod becoming like a friend and not the hunted anymore what is it then?

I thought about that kiss again.

I don’t know what to think anymore. I don’t even know what this ‘kiss’ was meaning.

Love? Na no way.

What is it then?

Why did I live a so complicated life?? Everything is out of normal with me!

Look. Jarod is even asking me to be the mother of his new son!
How I do that Jarod? I’m working in the Centre, I’m not a Mommy and I hardly know him! I was thinking. I hardly know him and though I already love him! Why????? Why I love someone so quickly whereas I don’t want to love? It was the same with Debbie….

****

Dawn was pouring through the shutters now I did not sleep at all and I wasn’t tired. Lisa was stirring herself.

"Hello sleeping beauty.. I hope you just won’t go back to sleep for ever today.. " I said knowingly .

"Hum… hello Parker…. Don’t worry i don’t plan to. "

We were silent after this brief exchange. Knowing there was bugs around and that the best thing to do was to be quiet.

Soon the ‘wake up ring’ chimed. We were in advance. Jarod had better to have found something…..

I decided to go to the garden.. I asked to Alex first. He agreed.

The fresh air was feeling good. Two hours and I may be dead.

Those kind of things make you think back to your life you know! And even if I had think about that all night. I was still…unsteady about it.

I nearly died more than once already.. but I didn’t know it would happen…. Now I’m aware of it.. and somehow it is scary.. it must have been my mom’s feeling… I wish she had take away.. before all this mess.. I wish I had a cigarette too!!!!!!!!

I was now bored about my melodramatic way and decided to get inside and act their play.. Now I was ready..

***

H-1

All the women inside were quite edgy.. We could do what we want.. Some were shooting targets.. some were training their KARATE-JAROD ( it is how we called it) and some others were just idle.

I did not join Lisa… who was one of the Karate-Jarod adept. I join the shooting one.

Figuring alternatively Brigitte, Raines and Lyle on the targets had a really good effect because i never missed one…

Alex was pleased…

The next target now had his face… I entirely blow it…

He just smiled wide

If he knew I thought.

*******************************

And now it was ‘the hour’

Alex was shouting to get into the position.. Still no sign of Jarod….

I was getting panicked…but I had to stay in control. He planned something Parker.. he’s a genius… he can’t miss this one… and what if he wanted you dead? Na… HE don’t want that!! Doesn’t it Jarod I wanted to scream.

We were all face to face now…

Two women were crying .. we were all white.. At least it is hard for everybody I thought. But I knew once their first victim.. they won’t feel that way anymore..

We took six strikes back now..

We were clenching our gun…my dear 9mm

I glared a Lisa… deep in here eyes.

She was scared…

Just like me.

And now Alex was counting..

I couldn’t move anymore. I was helpless. In my faith on Jarod I hadn’t think about a ‘plan C’. What must I do now?? I had ten seconds too think …

Alex goons have their guns on us.. Once we give them the proof we’re useless.. they ‘ll shoot us.. And. And Alex is in safety.. behind a bullet proof window.

Still five seconds…..

And still….. no solution..

No get away…..

I’m lost..

And it is all Jarod’s fault…

I hate him..
Part 7 by M N
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.
Short synopsis: parker is stuck in the citadelle for her training and she’s passing the ultimate “exam”: She ‘s supposed to shot her partner Lisa….

Keep Cool Parker
part 7
by M N


Still five seconds…..

And still….. no solution..

No get away…..

I’m lost..

And it is all Jarod’s fault…

I hate him..

************************************************

But then.. I heard an explosion not far away because i could feel the earth squake. And soon the alarm was roaring… fire there was fire in the citadelle ! !

I was safe ! ! ! ! Already Alex was shouting orders everywhere.. cursing everbody in the process…
I shall vanish now.. during the turmoil…

Dark smoke was filling the air now…

I glanced at Lisa….well she wasn’t in front of me anymore.. i scanned the area and i found her…. Motioning to me….
I joined her…

_Hey Parker.. the fire i progressing hard ! We need to get out ! She shouted
I immediatly thought about the air ducts ! After all it is very popular at the Center… there must be the same here.. besides that’s where i’ve a chance to find wonder boy.. and tell him what i think of his escape plan.

_The air duct… We must find them !

_Are you crazy ? they must be full of smoke now.. ! We’ll die from intoxication !
Shit ! I thought ! ! I’m lost .. again ! No !
Somehow wonder boy made this explosion to save my ass… so not to make me die in a stupid fire !
Let’s focus ! ! !

_First lisa.. we need to get out of Alex claws and now !

_do you think we can acces the garden ?

_No ! The fire must be there already ! Besides.. they would all go there… We need to ESCAPE them.

I did not see any solution ! There must have be one ! We were in the fight room now..
We heard a women cry of pain …. Already one victim ! That was so strange ! I never thought Jarod would be ready one day to sacrifize people live even if they’re not « kind » people.
Na : something went wrong. It could be me dying there .. he woudln’t have done everything to eventually kill me ?

At the very top of the Fight room was a large window.. we had our way out… but then It was very high..
We were eagerly talking about how to reach it… when i saw a dark figure crawling out of the air duct..
It was Jarod.. with a gaz mask for himself and us.

_Jarod ! What the hell have you done ? ? I shrieked Giving up to wrath and stress

_I’ll explain later…please put that on ! and just follow me ! We don’t have much time !

We obeyed…and we crawled into the air vent just after him.

We heard a crash inside : the building was collapsing now ! And we were still in it.
And i could hardly make out Lisa who was just inches from me because of the smoke.

Eventually here we were ! OUT…SAFE !
Jarod’s car was awaiting for us… We drove away as fast as we could.. for once i did not complain at all.. i was too tired… phisically and emotionally…
It was apparently the very same for Lisa because she was already sleeping at the back of the car.

I did not look at Jarod… i did not want too ! Not now…

Too tired…

Wanna sleep….

I give up to slumber.

*****************************


I didn’t know what had happened !
I had planne everything ! The explosion was to be not that strong ! And …
And everything went wrong ! People died again because of me…
OK that was crual women .. but still that wasn’t what i had planned.

Somehow there must have been combustible.. around somwhere…. I checked though on their plan ! It wasn’t mentionned !

I’m glad there so tired…. I can drive them to a safe place without arguing.
But i’ll need to know who survive and who didn’t !

Maybe the best thing to do is sedate them… That way i’m sure they’ll be still there when i’ll back…

I need something which will make them think there was just that exhausted…Yeah i can find that…
*****************************************


Dark.

Where i am ?

What happened ?

Memory flew back… Citadelle/ explosion/ Jarod…

I opened my eyes…

I was lying on a bed….. along with Lisa. Still asleep. My suit was smelling the burnt….
I stood up.

Thinking that the best thing to do was
1) Find some other clothes…
2) Take a shower
3) Find my gun
4) Kill wonder boy.

Then everything should be ok.

I know i must be at Jarod lair… there must be clothed somewhere….
Btw… where he is ?
I peeked in the different rooms.. no sign of life… I found Jarod’s… i picked him a jean and a T-shirt. I didn’t care at the moment of what i was wearing.
I wanted to take a shower… no, better a big hot tub!

_I’m making an habit of « borrowing » him some clothes… i thought !


But i didn’t care ! I was wondering why he was not there and why he did not leave at least a note… but maybe that’s because he won’t be long.

I was in my tub…
It was feeling good..
That’s when i heard a door being opened…
_Jarod i said aloud


Then it was pace… going obviously to « our » room.
_Parker i heard….

I answered.

_I’m in the tub Jarod….
I heard Jarod chuckled.
_What ? Don’t tell me the thought of m….Then i thought about « last time » again ! ! The kiss in the tub ! OH NO ! ! !

_You don’t wanna me join you in, this time ? Jarod joked.

_Jarod.. Don’t aggravate your case ! i shot back.

I’m going to make some tea… waiting for you…

I swept out of the tub.. Dried myself off. I wanted my answers. Jarod last intervention was a real mess. And how will i come back to blue cove ! How will i explain that ! Is alex dead ?
I had like usual many questions….. But this one i was pretty sure i would have my answers.

********************************

Paker entered the kitchen.
Jarod immediatly smiled.. finding something sexy in her wearing his clothes.

_I see you like my fashion-taste Parker ! I won’t have clothes anymore at this rate ! !Well I promise i’ll give them all to you if i die.

_How kind of you Jarod !
SO as much as i’d like to banter and all i have many questions… She asked icyly

_OH yes ! I suppose you wondered what had gone wrong ?
I did not plan to crash the entire thing… but there was some combustible…. And then began that nightmare .
I’m sorry Parker.. i could have killed you.. and Lisa.
Jarod was on the edge of tears because of his failure and somehow that soften Miss Parker.

*He would have cried if i had died !* mused Miss Parker.

_I.. killed three women and … alex.. he’s dead. You were asleep and i figure out that i had to check. Now the police is everywhere.. and they’re investigating.
We didn’t find the other women.. either they flew.. either they’re dead too but we can’t find….. the ashes.

_What about me ? What do i do ? miss parker asked sincerely not trying to accuse him of failure in any way.

_You ?
It is all up to you… Since the Centre must think you’re dead… you can have your life Parker..afar the Centre….
Or you can come back with an excuse : i managed out but i was hurt… someone took care of me… i was uncouscious.. blah blah blah…. But now i’m here. Maybe they’ll buy it !




*****************************

For once Jarod wasn’t taking advantage of the situation… he just told me my options. Without distilling is get out of that place speech.
I did not answered . i asked him something else.

_How come Lisa is not up now ?

Jarod answered confused that he sedate her . To give them time to talk. After all Lisa was accustomed to it ! ! each time they had to talk she nicely proposed to sleep…

_That’s not kind i added…
I felt then i had to thank him. Somehow i wantde to say it : it is such a relief to be still alive after all.

_I….I must…
Words were hard..
Jarod was entirely silent now looking at me with his puppy dog eyes. And that wasn’t making things clearer. I had wanted to kill him… but that wasn’t my true feeling… it wasn’t his fault after all ! It is all the Centre.. sending me there ( not to say my father).
I took a seep of tea and left my eyes on the glass when i was i continuing…

_I must thank you… for saving my life and..lisa’s too. I was really angry at you last time. When i heard Alex counting the last seconds of my pityful life.
I was just feeling pitiful at that time Jarod.

Emotion were flooding.
I had to stop talking to breath.. to not show too much of emotions.. I’ve been scared…

_I..don’t know why you’re doing that for me…asking me about ellyr’s care.. saving my life twice.. And be that affected at the idea i could have died.

I got the courage to look at him then .

His eyes were still shining of tears threathening to fall. His beautiful month seemed wanting to open but stayed shut.

_Why ? i finally craked.

It was his turned to seem confused.. emotional talking wasn’t our strong point… and especially between each other i thought.

Jarod gulp and answered very softly.. like i had never heard before.
_I…You.. i have always considered you like a friend Parker. We don’t let a friend be killed. He answered honestly.

_But i’ve been chasing you Jarod !

_Yeah.. but somehow we often talked together.. serious talk… sometimes yes : i was completely mad at you. But there is still this link we created when we were two very lonely people in the Centre.

I nodded. He was right. Even myself i was still feeling this link because…i let him free last time with Ellyr..

_Where is Ellyr i asked. Remembering i had saw his bedroom. Now filled with more furniture.

_He’s out at school parker ! It is 3 pm. You’ve sleep all day.

_Did he know i’m here ?

_Yes he knows.

I nodded again. Ans looked back at my empty glass.

_How many time i have to make up my mind about the .. situation ?

_One day. After you’ll have the only choice to vanish once and for all. The Centre wouldn’t believe your back up anymore.


_Jarod ? When will Lisa wake up ?

_Very soon. But i can sedate her again if you want…he offered a little remorsefully

_No, i want to talk with her.

**********************************



Lisa waked up.
Now refreshed and all she’s talking with Parker outside.

_So Lisa : what are you gonna do now that you’re free ?

_The question ! ! I’m gonna vanish ! I won’t have many occasions to leave « the corporation » without the only option : you die !

i nodded knowingly.

_How come you were in such an organization ?

_I was a bodyguard before : i get unemployed . I searched a new job i found. And that’s when i became a “sweeper”.
At the beginning we don’t see the unlegal thing.. but i was good and they gave me a better post. There i began to see the head of the iceberg. Strange things were going on. There was a lot of people dying . From this moment i knew i couldn’t leave the corporation without being killed. Then the big boss of all the sweepers “died” i was to be the new one.
That’s why they sent me there.
And you Parker?
What are you going to do?

Here the question i dreaded!

_My situation is a little more.. complicated! As much as i hate to say it : this is ma father who runs “the Centre”. I’m born in the Centre. Young i used to stroll in it.
My mother tried to get me out. But someone murdered her before she could carry out her plan.
My brother is in the business too. We were separated by birth..
I discovered we are sibling not so long time ago: and i still can’t bear to have a psychopath as a brother!
I have a pitiful family. But that’s my family…

_Why are you working in this place? Is it a choice?

_No! I have.. a deal with my father: an assignment to carry on..and then i’m free to leave

_And what is that?

_Do you really want to know?????

_Yes

_Bring back Jarod to the Centre.

_What??

_You heard me.

But lisa was still flabergasted and deliberately showing it!
_Jarod? I knew there was something special with him but i was wondering what was the link between you two!

_He’s a pretender: a genius who can be everything he wanna be. One of the weird project of the Centre. He was my childhood friend. But he escaped: and they did not appreciate it.

_If i understand well: you live from birth in alcatraz and you’re still not sure if you want to escape???

What do they have all with alcatraz i though! First Thomas, then jarod and now her!

_You can’t even rule your own life Parker!

I shook off my head! No: i can’t admit that: i’m the mistress of my life!

_Not exactly Lisa. I have reasons to stay.. unanswered questions.I need to be there to play the kind little girl and then find my answers.

_I’m sure you can have it another way! And what about Jarod? From what i have seen he ‘s a good friend of yours!

_Jarod? It is another twisted matter! He’s not really a friend… . *but when thinking of it: i realized he was really a friend. *

Lisa wasn’t convinced at all.
_I don’t know a lot about the story between you too. But i can assure you: you are friends: when we are involved sometimes we’re just to blind to see things..but I: i see them right!
And i must say: you’re even pretty good friends!
The way you fought last time: you made us all wonder.
It was .. nearly sensual. Like a demonstration. A play to impress the other one.

*I laughed at loud at this one!*

_ Sensual? You must be joking Lisa.

_I’m not! That’s the word! And the way you were relieved after the last call! The way you talked to him. Maybe that’s not sensual but that’s friendly. And after all: where is the problem! He’s even handsome! That’s not like you had to chase quasimodo!

_Get to the point! I asked! Mi-irritated mi-laughing inwardly.

_That you are really good friend and even maybe a little more. Besides he saved your life twice
You’ve gone too far: you just can’t bring him back now! It ‘s mean betray a friend. And from what i know from you you wouldn’t do that! Especially for an evil place!

Actually Lisa wasn’t helping me at all!

_I don’t know anymore where i’m Lisa! I must bring him back! I must have my answers!

_But you want to bring jarod to have your freedom right? And now you can have it without bringing him back there?? What is wrong with you????

We were nearly shouting at each other. And peoples were watching us with curiousity.

_You can’t understand Lisa! You know nothing about me! About this place i’m born in.
About my family! About what i lived!!!!
I was sobbing and still shouting.

_OK Parker: this little talk lead us nowhere! You already took your decision i think! So what i’ll say won’t change anything!
I’m gonna ask to your genius to make me disappear: to find me a good place where i can be safe.. in Europe. Africa or Asia: i don’t care! I want to live my own life now: to find someone to love and all.
Jarod will know where i live and if one day you want to see me again: you’ll just have to ask him.

Now i suggest we go back to his place, i’m gonna pack and say good bye.
I’ll live you too alone. You’ll resolve yourself your issues.

I was even more upset.

_I’m sorry Lisa: i didn’t mean to hurt you. I don’t know: it is such a fight in myself that..

_i’m not hurt Parker. I just think you have to decide from yourself. You’ve became a good friend to me Parker. It will be a pleasure to see you another time.

I glared at her. And i just agreed.

_Then let’s go back to Jarod’s lair.
Part 8 by M N
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Keep Cool Parker
part 8
by M N



Lisa managed to leave before Ellyr’s arrival. She said that they needed their time without anyone interfering, that she’ll find an hotel and will wait here until Jarod plans her “ new life”.

Miss Parker was rather upset.
*a normal life please!* she wished

Miss Parker had decided to play it easy tonight : after all she’ll have her night to decide.

Jarod was sitting in the dining room. Reading a book.

_You don’t plan on moving away? Asked Parker kinda surprised.

_Na! I did not leave some lead for the Centre so.. i’m safe! You see: you wasn’t in the team! That wasn’t fun for me then!
Besides you wouldn’t have appreciated if your bro had managed to drag me back during this time out would you? Jarod answered giving her a knowing glance.

_How nice to think about my dignity but too bad you destroyed it already with all those gift you sent me or the trap you got me in!

_It was that awful this day with lyle in the container? He taunted her.

_Have you ever wonder how thousand of knife in the stomach must feel? Because i may help you to find out!
Despite her will, she cracked a smile.

_Well at least i have my answer: it was awful!

_How long have you been here?

_Well.. from your last « visit ».

_Are you doing a pretend here ?

_Hum…no. But it ‘s temporarily. I need to re-orient some things now that Ellyr is with me.

_You won’t do pretend anymore? No more strolling in the big america? She asked more and more confused.

_Well yes but not for some time. Ellyr is young. I need to stay enough time in the same city but once he’s big enough i’ll do that again. He’s clever: he’ll manage. And i’ll learn him stuff.

_oh. Why are you telling me this ?

_Hum. Because you asked ! Jarod was looking at her with a « are-you-dumb » glare.

_No i was thinking : i’m the huntress ! Since when do you tell me what your plans are ?

_From the beginning Parker ! Who do you think is nice enough to leave trails everywhere ?

_Ok, shut up Jarod ! Besides sometimes we were really near to catch you !

_Well it’s time to pick up Ellyr ! Could you pick him up ? He would be please to see you !

_Me ? I don’t even know where is school is !

_Just ask to people outside.. they’ll tell you.

Parker thought that it was a good occasion to be alone and did not argue any longer.


Ellyr’s school.
The bell rang.

Once Ellyr went off the school and saw Parker, he ran.

_Parker ! And he jumped into her arms.

Miss Parker was quite surprise of his eagerness but kiss him gently on the cheek.

_How come you’re here Parker, Ellyr asked delighted.

_Well It wasn’t exactly forecasted…But anyway : it is (as usual) too complicated !

_It is always complicated between you and Jarod ! !Ellyr said a little angry because of his never answered question when asking about Parker and Jarod relation .

_Hey ! How old are you young boy ?

_Soon 5.

_Then live your 5 years old life . You’ll have grown ups problems soon enough believe me ! She answered mild serious mild smiling.

They began to walk back to Jarod’s flat.

_Parker ? Tell me : if Jarod and you aren’t married, can i marry you when i’m older ?

It was so innocent !And so impromptu too that Parker stopped walking at once.

*wow ! ! I ‘d like to see Broots face if he knew a 5 years old boy proposed to me ! *

_I love you Ellyr. But nevertheless i think you’ll find a women ( not as much complicated that i am) and from around your age.

_Well you don’t want of me !
* Oops ! Thing are wrong here ! I need to light the atmosphere ! *

But Perhaps it is because i already love someone else.. But i’m not married already Ellyr ! You did not think about this one !

_Who ? Who do you love please ! ! Tell me ! ! ! ! !

* That i don’t even know myself ! *

_Hum… Broots. It is a guy from my work. Miss Parker spit out. * Oh my god ! ! ! If he knew ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !*

Now, that wasn’t interesting Ellyr anymore because he do not know Broots.
That wasn’t good : because it was not a subject Parker was feeling at ease with.

But already Ellyr was thinkinig about something else.

_My mother. DO you think she loves me ?

_Oh Ellyr ! I ‘m sure she is ! Every mum is proud of her child ! My mother… do you remember ? She’s dead too. But she’s dead because she tried to save me. To save me !
Tears were threathening to fall when Parker realized how her own mother had loved her.. and Jarod… and Angelo…. And faith.
Every decisions you mother made had everything to do with her little boy. I’m sure of that Ellyr . (Miss Parker thought back about the conversation she had had with Broots in the elevator.. he had told her that. And she was thankful after him)

Ellyr stopped walking and glared at Miss Parker.

_Yes maybe she loves me.. but i miss her so much ! An he began to cry.

Miss Parker couldn’t help but soothe him.

_Oh dear . I know, i know how it is hard . Please don’t cry.. please… Parker was pleading , all the emotions rushing back to her too.
She loves you. And here, there is Jarod. And I.

_But i never see you. Jarod is nice with me. But you , you’re more like my mother : you smell like her, you feel like her and you.. you look like her.

Parker was silently sobbing inside. * Things are so complicated*
_.. I…. I would love to… to see you more too Ellyr.. but ! THING S ARE SO COMPLICATED , Miss Parker heart yelled.
Well Ellyr, Come on.. dry your tears. Tonight i’m here. And so is Jarod then let’s have an happy time together… ok ?

Ellyr sniffed once or twice .. took Parker hand and walked back to his house.





***************************************

Jarod ‘s lair

Jarod was fouraging into some package when Parker and Ellyr entered. He straight up and welcome them.

_well, i plan on going out tonight. Any objections ?

_None here answered ellyr. And already he was pressing Miss Parker into his room.

_Hey wait Ellyr ! I’m not a toy ! You can’t bring me wherever you want whenever you want ok ? Besides i did not answered to Jarod.

_But please ! ! I have to show you something. He urged.

_Go play in your room Ellyr : she’ll come when she’s ready ok ?

And Ellyr retreated himself into his bedroom.

_So ? Are we eating out tonight ? asked Jarod.

_I’m not sure…

_Oh come on ! Let’s forget the Centre two minutes. Please just tonight. i dream often about a normal life. Maybe tonight we ‘ll got to see what a normal life is !

Miss Parker agreed.

_Well : i guess i’m gonna see what is so important. And she left for Ellyr’s bedroom.

The time passed .
6 :30 pm.

Jarod peeked at Ellyr’s room. It’s been an hour that he did not hear from the two.

Inside, Parker was being brushed by Ellyr.
Jarod couldn’t help but smile : this is so cute, he thought

_Hum… sorry to disturb but we’ll have to get ready for tonight.

_Hey Jarod : look : aren’t she beautiful this way ?

Parker turned around and blushed a little. Kinda ashame to be caught in a soft moment , and especially by Jarod.

Jarod stared at her deeply and answered.

_Yeah, she’s always beautiful. He murmured.

Parker did not feel at ease. This stare is dangerous. Parker broke it now ! Don’t dare to sink into his glare. Paaaaaaaarkeeeeeeerrrr.
And Parker broke it.

_Well Ellyr thanx for your help. Now let’s get all dressed up.

Jarod and Miss Parker left his room.

As a matter of fact, Miss Parker’s hair were kinda ….. messed up. And Miss Parker laughed when she saw her reflection into the miror.

_How have you done not to laught Jarod !

_It’s called survival instinct.

_Yeah ! You do have a good one ! Wondering because of who you have one… she teased back.

_Well, i think if Ellyr tells me he wants to be a coiffeur i’ll discourage it.

_I’ll help you to convince him if he don’t want to listen ! She smiled.

Jarod gave her a funny smile and said :

_Well once again you have no clothing to wear so either you’re gonna buy something with MY money or you chose something in MY clothes.

_Guess what ? I chose the american card option.

_Please not over 10 000 $ after i’m broken.

_Hum i promise i’ll be wise.

_Please be back soon !

_You know me she shouted when leaving the flat.


Oh god Jarod thought.
Well i have one hour to prepare myself.

_Dad, Ellyr called out.

_I’m here.

_Can i help you ? I can tell you when you look good or bad, he smiled to Jarod.

_Why? You want me to look handsome tonight?

_Of course! Besides you’re the one who told me to be always perfect when having a date.

_A date? And why i told you that! You’re too young! I shoud watch myself! Jarod Joked.

_What do you think about this one?

_Hum…. Try the white shirt. And change the tie.

_THAt’s much???

_Yes.

_Ok !

Author’s note: Dress yourself Jarod in your mind like you’d like to see him …:) And i said dress: not undress!

OK: so here we have our own sexy Jarod! :)

_You look wonderful. Miss Parker will love.

_What? Oh! Jarod made one of his faces… And what would that do, young boy?

_She’ll be pleased.

_And?

_Then you have your chance…( he’s so dense!)

_Chance for what?

_To ask her to marry you!!! Of course! She doesn’t want to marry me, I’m sure she’ll accept your proposal. And Ellyr left as he had said a normal thing.

Jarod, him was stuck for a few seconds! It is incredible how the mind of a child work! It is …just simple.. right to the aim!

_Ask her to marry her!!!lol ! I would love to see her face if i ask her that tonight!!!!!!!!!!!! And Jarod began to laught.

Ten minutes later he was still laughing.

And Miss Parker who had just went back look him with the “ have you just lost your mind or what” glare.

And when Jarod turned up his head to see her he laughed twice time louder.

_Hey !! You’re laughing about me??? Stop that!!! At once!
_I’m sorry …i can’t … jarod managed between two laugh.

Miss Parker took three steps by him, took him by the collar and bring his face to her face and asked him menacingly:

_Tell me what ‘s so funny or…

Jarod regained his composure intrigued by the closeness and said

_Or what ? You gonna kill me? And he broke again into laugher thinking back at the last time.. Where she had said the same thing and he answered those same exact words.– read part 2 i think!—

_Oh i got it!! Ellyr told you about him asking me to marry him! And i bet he even told you the man of my life was Broots!

Jarod’s eyes opened even wider.
_What???? And he laugh louder again

*Shit! He didn’t know about Broots!*

She finally shove him into the bed ( still laughing)
_You’re so infuriating!!! Parker said deseperated but kinda amused too. * you wanna play tonight? Then let’s play*

And Parker got to dress herself with the stuff she bought for the night

Author’s note : Once again.. imagine her like you would like to see her….

Ellyr entered in Jarod’s room.

_What are you doing on the bed?

_Well Miss Parker push me in! And guess what? She didn’t even notice how i was dressed.

_She must have been to busy to think about it….. you’ll see. And Ellyr left to Parker’s room.

_May i come in?

_Well hold on one sec please


Five minutes later.
Parker’s room.

_Hey! That’s cool ! You’re really pretty Parker!

Miss Parker flashed him a smile. Thanx Ellyr.

_I won’ t be the only one loving it!Well, Let’s go!


She did not have time to think about his last comment that she was dragged out of the room.

_Jarod!! We’re all ready!!! Can we go now?

_If your so eager just go to the car Ellyr!

_ok!

Ellyr left.
Jarod got out of his room and saw Parker waiting in the corridor .

_Oh god! You’re gorgeous!

Miss Parker was watching him quite strangely and Jarod realized.

_did i say that aloud???

_It is as real as me telling you you’re quite handsome in this outfit.

_oh oh, calm down Parker… i’m just a man after all! And you wouldn’t love to see me falling for you, would you? He blinked.

_You wish. And she gave him a push with her elbow.

_Let’s get downstairs. Ellyr must be waiting!

8:00 pm
In a french restaurant (sorry: i couldn’t help this one :) it is the french author talking!) :)

Miss Parker had ordered a pissaladière , Jarod a tartiflette and Ellyr a simple Pizza.

Ellyr talked very much, about his school and how his worst ennemy had bothered him and all. But after half one hour he had finished and was very hungry ( the plates weren’t ready yet).

Jarod didn’t know what to say to Miss Parker. They couldn’t ( and didn’t want to) talk about the Centre…And was quite glad Ellyr had inspiration… but now he had finished and silence was coming over.

_Hum, Parker? I’ve come to think that .. after all i don’t know much about what you love and all…

_Yeah , that’s right. What do you wants to know?

(the plates are now here)

_Hum…What kind of music do you love?

_Music? I love to listen to irish music, but i must say i don’t listen much music.. i have a quite busy work.

_Yeah ! I guess! A little of french wine?

_Sure!

_May i have some too?? Asked Ellyr shyly.

_Nooooooo Ellyr! Not you!

_That’s not fair!!

Ellyr had already finished a plate and was getting bored. Grown ups talking are boring! On the other hand the game zone there seemed interesting.

_Dad? May i go there? Ellyr pointed out the game zone.

_Oh sure! Just finish your plate.

_It’s already done!

_Then go!

And Ellyr left !
( easy to get ride of him each time i want to, huh? :) )

Miss Parker and Jarod are now alone. And an awkward moment followed.

_Look, Parker. This …this is so strange! Eating with you! In a french restaurant….And yet, i don’t know what to do or say! Our relationship is so…complicated..i

_I,know Jarod. I feel the same. I remember we used to stroll in the Centre together but at this time, talk was easier…

_Yeah. Do you remember the day we met?

_Sure i do.

_What were you thinking at that time?

Miss Parker was a little taken aback. But she answered.

_ wow! That was a long time ago! I … i was curious. My daddy had told me that you were a genius. I was often alone… and i thought that you could be a friend. You?

_I thought you were the most beautiful thing i had ever seen. I was… always alone. I had never seen people of my age.. and then a girl!!! I was so excited when Sydny told me i would meet you. Their glare was reaching the depth of sweet remembrance

Talking about the past was the only way to find a connection in the present .

Do you remember this one.; when i asked you how it feels to be dead and you answered me: ask raines it is as he died a long time ago?

Miss Parker laughed. Oh yes! I was already spiritual!

Jarod stopped laughing and watch her.

_Who are you looking at Jarod?

_You. Who else!

_And what are you thinking?

_Well, trying to figure out when you and Broots are getting married . He teased.

_You! And she punch him under the table.

_Will you invite me? He continued

_I don’t know. Broots and I are so intimate…maybe it will be just family..
She played the game.

_Just imagine two sec you inviting Lyle and brigitte to your wedding with Broots

Miss Parker laughed at this one. Oh god! I wouldn’t miss that!:)

At that moment the “waiter” went by them.

_Maybe you, and your wife would love a dessert?

Jarod who was regaining from the laugh nodded simply.

_Hey Jarod?

_What?

_Did you hear what he said?

_Yes he asked if me and my wif… oops. Must have thought i was Broots!

_Stop that!! You can’t be serious to sec?

_Hum sure i can! Oh by the way! Wanna know why i was laughing last time when you get back form your errands?

_I would love to yes.

_Hum….I want to trade it against a frank answer from you.

_well depends on what the question is.

_If you had to save one of those two people .. who would you save. Lyle? Or Me?

_Do you have often those kind of questions??

_I know .. this is weird.. i shouldn’t have asked. It is a stupid question! I don’t even know why i… Jarod was remorsful. He can’t ask her to deny her own brother. And why does this mean so much for him? To know if she cares about him .

Parker was troubled but remembered Lisa’s words. “ Jarod his your friend and maybe even a little more: You can’t deny it”
Her face was reflecting caring . And she answered bluntly. ( after all : he have the right to know)

_Jarod Between a psychopath and a man who saved my life twice already… who do you think i’d choose?

_I….oh Parker i … got to excuse myself though! I had no right to ask you that. It ..it is too important . that’s could compromise…

_Jarod, she shushed. I’m tired of this sickness i live in. And i dunno if it is the wine or something but tonight i want to be myself. To say what i never had the right to think.

More their little talk became intimate more there were talking softly and more they were getting closer and closer and more their eyes was loosing themselves in their mutual depth.

_ I’m in front of Millena Parker Tonight then?

Miss Parker caught her breath .
_Yes yes , you are she murmured hardly audibly completly at loss

Jarod leaned his head a little nearer of hers. He could feel her breath on his lips. She was breathing faster and faster.

He leaned again a little and closed his eyes when he touched Parker’s lips.
Parker had closed her eyes already. And when she felt his touch, she nearly sank. It was so soft but yet so full of emotions.
Then he pressed his lips a little harder.But it didn’t last long. His head backed out a little and then he stared directly into Parker’s opening eyes.
Gosh it was short but she had never felt a kiss the way she had lived this one, so intense.
It felt like a first kiss, like she was an entire new person. She was feeling the real Parker taking control.

She looked right into his eyes too.
_And what Millena parker wants to say that she has no right to think else? He whispered gently

_kiss me again

Their eyes closed at the very same time and their lips touched again.
The outside world had ceased, they could only feels their lips. Nothing else. Their mind drifting…

The kiss deepened. And when they became aware again they both didn’t know how much time they’ve been kissing.
Jarod broke very gingerly apart, not wanting to spoil this “ instant de grâce”

He was breathing hard. Because he was drown into the moment. Realizing step by step what had occured.

She was breathing hard. Because her own heart was about to break up because of all the emotions that had rushed inside her.

And now there was facing each other, eyes locked .

Jarod ‘s lips made some attempt to say something, but he didn’t know what to say.
*What can i say??? We kissed, and now we must face the “aftermath”.. Ellyr is too busy with the young girl there to interrupt us.*

_What have we….done? he managed eventually.

Miss Parker was as helpless as him.

_Well. I, .. I don’t know.

_That doesn’t help me much Parker.

_actually, i may have an idea.. but …

_You can’t voice it… because you don’t even allow yourself to think it?

_hum…kinda yes…

_We said it was to be a night without Centre background thinking didn’t we. Just fun, normal life?

_I think so.

_Then..we…well .. i mean…

_You mean : we can kiss without feeling guilty for anything?
Parker was more courageous than himself.

_well, all in all yes.. that was what i meant.

_Then maybe you should go ahead now, because the woman in front of you is getting impatient, she flashed him with what she could do best when she wants to: a large broad smile.

* at Hell the Centre: I’m truly happy for once: i don’t see why i should spoil it!*

And they kissed again.

*******************

_Hey?? What are you doing echoed Ellyr’s voice.

_Hum Parker and Jarod answered. ( god it is hard to break)

_Is that kissing?? Oh Jarod you did it!! You did it!! She wants to marry you? She’ll be my mom??

Jarod and Miss Parker had to broke it now because they were both laughing.

_Hey! Young boy!! Calm down ok!! You don’t want to play anymore in the game zone?

_Oh no!! There is a stupid girl there! So?

_So what?? They both asked

_ You two!! When are you going to be married?

_Well, truthfully Ellyr we didn’t talk about that matter.

_Oh ( sadness in his voice)

_My! It is already 10:30. Maybe we should get back now.
Part 9 by M N
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Keep Cool Parker
part 9
by M N




If anyone of the Centre would be standing outside of this very restaurant, he would certainly be (and the word is weak): puzzled. Because Jarod, Parker and Ellyr just left it hand in hand as a very normal couple. One should notice though that Miss Parker was thoughtful.

She had took his hand for it has seem a natural thing to do. But even if she knew she had kissed him (and enjoyed it) and had felt no guilt at all at that time, her Centre’s mind was assaulting her again, saying that it was Jarod. An her lover just can’t be Jarod! First because she have to bring him back to the Centre and second.. how the hell can she feel attracted by him??? It’s just bizarre. Well, does she feel attracted by him? No. so she was supposed to be turning him off no. Ok Ellyr’s presence may prevent her to do so, but then she could just let off his hand and take little distance, without this being a rude sign for Ellyr. No, the mixed feelings in her were contentment and whatever it is else and her psyche had decided to not spoil it as it seems. Sure she was a little afraid of what would come next...

Jarod ‘s feelings were indeed quite the same. He was glad Ellyr was here because it was giving them excuses to not talk about... well.. never mind. Since he was enjoying the evening and that it was only 10 pm, he didn’t see why it should stop now!

_Here sit into the car Ellyr!

_Parker. He said obliging her through the door he had opened for her.

She whispered a thank you .

He drove off.

_Are we going home dad? Ellyr hardly managed to say between two yawns.

_You can sleep now if you want Ellyr.

Ellyr didn’t object and fell asleep.

_You aren’t going back home to me.

_What make you think that Parker?

_Well, the landscape looks more like country now than the city i was familiar with at the going.

Jarod smiled.

_What?

_Nothing! I just love the way you said that.

_That’s pretty much the only way i ever said things..

_Yes, but i never got to tell you that i was enjoying it.

_You’re sounding pathetic tonight Jarod. Do you know that? (She flashed him one of her smile)

Jarod bent his glare from the road to her, seeing hardly her feature because of the weak little light ahead of their heads.

_Maybe I’m sounding pathetic but then you’re even more pathetic with this dumb pathetic light on your face.

_You’re supposed to look at the road not at me.

Here they were bantering again. But at least they weren’t talking about.. THE something else they did not wish to talk about!

Jarod made the car came to a stop. The moon was full so it was quite bright outside.

_And do you mind telling me what ‘s wrong in your head that we’re just in the middle of nowhere?

_shush... Come with me out.

_But Ellyr?

_He will be OK: we won’t be far and i’ll lock the door.

_all right. But i still think you’ve lost your mind.

_You thought that millions times before Parker why would this time affect me or you more than the other times? ..

Jarod took her hand and dragged her up to a little hill. There the vantage was just stunning. There was a beautiful lake just above shining under the moonlighting. Miss Paker couldn’t restrain a little cry of surprise.

_My! That’s beautiful!

_It is even more when your just sitting in that little bench out there...

And he dragged her along. they stumbled once or twice on roots, not seeing them all in the dark.

_Hey! Not so fast! You nearly tripped on me twice young man!

Jarod was making his deepest apologies when he completely fell down on the ground.
Parker laughed with pleasure ! She had not seen much of his face when he had felt down but enough anyway to find it irresistible.

_Don’t dare to laugh you may trip yourself.

_I don’t think so Jarod

_I was meaning trip... into the water...

There his smile was taking a shape she did not presaged good.

_Jarod! No!! There is no way!! Don’t even think about it!! Don’t you...

But she had to run now to escape him.

_.......dare! Well. Listen then: i can’t go to the water with this brand new dress i wear! Too Bad..

Jarod stopped running after her. He proposed blushing...

_Then maybe you could just strip it ....

_Jarod??? choked Parker, I didn’t know you were such a bad boy!!

_But since when are you a good girl Parker?

Miss Parker took the clue. Damn, he was good.

_let’s practice some karate-Jarod, . If i win, you’ll go in the water in underwear just like me...
Does that fit you , BAD .. boy... Her defiance just drive him crazier..

_Waiting for you young girl...

And they fight.
And Parker won.

_Too bad Jarod! I’ve always been best at Karate! Now strip!

_you too....

But none of them made a move to do so. Too well aware that it wouldn’t feel natural.. Both watching the other striping and..

_i’ve got a suggestion:

The first one in underwear into the water said Jarod.

And then both stripped the faster they could focusing on the water they had to reach.
Here they were running bare feeted on the grass, heading for the lake, Parker with only a panty and a bra, Jarod in Boxer ( just imagine it for pleasure!!!! We should suggest a similar scene to steven long mitchell and Craig!)

Parker seeing he was taking little advance decided to play it with her brain
_huch! God! My foot! she yelled

Jarod turned to her at once. ( always worried )

_What’s the matt..

But he couldn’t even finish his sentence that Parker pushed him hard to the floor and run to the lake.

_YOU!!!! Jarod shouted!

Of course he was the second to jump into the water but he particularly made sure to splash Parker the more he could .

When Jarod surfaced, Parker tried her best to dissuade him from drowning her.

_Listen Jarod, it’s true i cheated, but here you avenged yourself by splashing me so now..

But Jarod ‘s look was without any doubt saying it wasn’t enough

_well, YOU don’t think it was ENOUGH anyway..

_You’re right ! And he drowned her.

When she reappeared seconds later her soaked hairs were gluing her. And her feature at the light of teh moon were just …..stunning.

_How do you want me to resist mumbled Jarod. And before she could re-open her eyes ( after being underwater) she felt lips on hers.

_hum, a little wet, but sweet. She opened her eyes, looked straight into Jarods, a vengeful look.

_Oops.

_He swam as fast as he could to escape her, bad luck she was already clinging to him.

_Don't think i would let you go!! You've got to pay what you did!!! And she kissed him again.

They were " in the middle" of the lake.

* What is is that we always end into water kissing she thought thinking back to the time they kissed in the tub!!.

Then they swam a little. The water was fine and they were feeling as swimming an eternity. Finally they lie on the shore: middle in the water and middle out of it. Jarod made the mistake to look at her. She was just gorgeous under the moonlight. And her damp hairs weren’t making it any easier. And since her underwear were completely soaked... he could see a little more than he was used to.

Parker was still watching at the moon but felt his eyes on her. She didn’t dare to budge.

_Parker jarod coaxed.

She looked right into his eyes.

_You’re so incredibly beautiful that even a china landscape under the fog isn’t half worthing it .
His deep brown eyes were deep into hers. And she was his prisoner.

She had never heard a such beautiful thing said to her before ( even if it is weird) and that was making her short in breath. A lump get stuck into her throat and she wanted nothing else than this moment last for ever.

_You’re pretty well inspired tonight she purred

_The wonderful living creature in front of me has got this effect on me. That’s why.

That’s then that Parker dared to look at his torso... again.. big mistake.

_But china landscape should be ashamed of their ugliness compared to what i’ve got in sight right now.

Parker hadn’t even think about what she had said. she, who was always so in control of her next movement, hadn’t seen this coming. Just as if another Parker had took control of her, and decided to say at loud her deepest feeling.

So here were lying completely bared her true feelings. The nakedness of those feeling sent a shrill into her entire body. She had let her guard off. She had let the true Parker talk. And that was frightening!

But the man in front of her didn’t seem to be the least frightened for he bent menacingly toward her; His eyes had mesmerized hers and she couldn’t escape them anymore His lips were progressing, warming the atmosphere in the last inches that parted them.

And then she didn’t think anymore.. she just lived it.

When she regained consciousness an uncertain moment later, she knew that she had lived through the best evening of her life.

_Jarod.. she cracked.

_Shush.. don’t talk. Just sink in. Just appreciate he murmured in her ear.

And then he enlaced her and they stay still a long time. Just taking pleasure in their closeness and in the starry sky.

Minutes passed. And they the wind began to blow.

_Let’s go, Parker it’s getting cold out here. Again his voice was hardly audible.
Certainly he did not wanted to spoil it all.

Parker who was in his arms, bent her head a little to see Jarod’s head.

_Jarod. I ... i don’t want this moment to end...

It was so faint that Jarod did not hear it entirely but guessed what she had said. And he knew how much it must have cost her to voice this.

_Me neither Parker. I... I spent the most enchanting night of my life. And that’s all because of you. Millena. Millena Parker, your the woman i ...

_Jarod. Don’t say anything. Please. Parker was like in agony.

Jarod stood up. Took parker’s hand and they joined the car without a sound.

The true joy that had transpired between them tonight, began to mute into a desperate sadness on the ride going home.

Jarod was making his best to focus his mind on the Road

Parker who had been looking outside for the longest time now directed her look toward Jarod.

They had not say a word since the lake. None had dared to. And ten minutes after her eyes was still on him. Jarod couldn’t take it anymore.

_What are you thinking about Parker?

Silence answered him.

_Parker, please.

Still silence

_You’re thinking about things you shoudn’t think about, aren’t you?

_Depends if the thing i shouldn’t be thinking of, is: being intoxicated by you, or anything having a links to the Centre.

_I was thinking about the second one, said Jarod

_I fear that because of the second one i ‘ve got no real right to think about the first one anyway.. she answered bitterly in her throat.

At least he had his answer. their “ honeymoon ” was over, for the Centre had appeared somewhere along her thoughts. No wonder actually. If they had fallen silent while quitting the lake that was because they knew the reality would hit them in the face again.

_Parker... Could you.. could you voice all your thoughts while pretending i’m not here to listen to them? Silly demand .Normal answer

_You’re asking to much Jarod... I can’t do that .

_You want to go back, he risked.

_Yes.

Simple answer and yet so hurting.

_And what will you do with tonight? jarod asked. there was no sarcasm nor anger in it , just curiosity and heartache

_I dunno Jarod, i honestly don’t know.

_I thought it was...

_Love. Parker stated it. She had dared to. Admitting to him that she had actually thought about it. Her tone had been completely neutral. She had been careful to not put a sparkle of disdain nor interest.

_What will i have in return Parker? For doing a cover up for you? for letting you chase me again?

Silence.. Or rather just the roar of the motor.

_Please.. voice out your thought as if i wasn’t here. That’s what i would love in return.

_Jarod. I don’t even allow myself to think aloud in my head. SO speaking it out...

_Please. Do you know how much you’re asking me to do?

Letting you..or rather making you go back to the place i hate. To the place you may bring me back to then. Leaving me all alone. Again. This last sentence was a whisper.

Parker looked at the road steadily So much bitterness . Her head leaned against the cold window. She shut her eyes. One tear fell down. She pursed her lips and let sank her mind into nowhere and voiced her thoughts out.

_I’m such in pain. Such in agony. Her voice was faint and her lips shaky. she was taking long breath.

_I’ve got too much feelings in me.

_Feelings are dangerous

_I hate that
_I love that.

She shut her eyes even harder. Trying to forget the best she could who she was What she was doing. * Just say what you heart long to say*.

_I’d love to be the Millena Parker i discovered tonight. _But i can’t allow myself to be so. _My dad _My job _I just CAN’T _but then. Tonight. _It was.. so .. _incredible _so deeply good _so ... _i shouldn’t be thinking that.

Miss Parker jerked her head a little and then rested it again again the window. Jarod was looking at her. Helpless. She was doing it. For him. she was doing what is impossible. Voicing out her thoughts. And she was having a hard time .

_Jarod.

_He’re the reason of all my trouble _He’s the reason i feel so contradictory _He's the reason i ‘m tearing myself apart: _Centre? Him? _And i hate him for that _I hate him _And i’m desperately ...

Silence

Miss Parker let go three more tears. Miss Parker made her hardest to spit it out. _and i’m desesperatly in love with him.

And Miss Parker burst into tears. She couldn’t take it anymore. She had said to much thing. She shouldn’t have poured her heart aloud. She shouldn’t have.

Jarod’s heart was equally scattered for what he had witnessed and heard. Tears were falling of his eyes as well.

No wonder she always resisted his call. There is such a battle into her heart. and this is eating her alive. That’s why she wants to go back. To stay alive nonetheless. Because she thinks that’s her only chance. Jarod knew he couldn’t soothe her now. For she was supposed to have said that to the walls only. In her mind he wasn’t there. And he can’t be there to soothe her. That would betray he was here all along..

But gosh. She had said it. She had said she loved him. Parker loves me, he repeated. Parker loves me. The words just couldn’t sink in. That was too much! But certainly he was the only one aware of this for Parker had been all along in a second state of mind she would certainly never remind. Parker’s cry began to diminish ten minutes later. And then she fell asleep. Completely exhausted.

finally they were in front of the home. Jarod carried Ellyr first to his bed.

Then Miss Parker.

He had picked her as if he had in his arms the most fragile and most beautiful flower ever. As if it was the last one on the face of the earth.

And he took her to bed.

Before living her room, he leaned to her ear and said it.

_I love you Parker. Then he left.

He was himself longing for slumber.

***

In the morning.
Two day after the bon fire of the Citadelle.
Jarod’s lair.

Ellyr and Jarod just finished their breakfast.

_Well, Ellyr? Ready to go to school?

_I have no choice, do i? Ellyr got a thought to his dear hot bed he had to quit. ( arg! How many times do we have to wake up to go to those dumb studies and feel as if we could sleep two more hours?!)

_You’re right: it’s out of your will. Get dressed for getting out.

Jarod wrote a little note to Parker in case she would wake up when he would be out.

When Jarod returned, Parker was still asleep, so he figured out that he should prepare her departure, or rather her back to the Hell.

_I never thought i would do that for her one day! settling her back to the Centre! Nonsense!
Jarod made himself at ease in front of his computer and worked all morning.

****

Jarod’s lair
11:00
Parker’s bedroom.

She was stirring herself. God! I slept so well today she thought. _No wonder Parker! you just overslept she stated looking at the clock. _how come i’m in underwear? _oh..... i remember! _God!!!!!!!! _And i’m supposed to chase him after that??? Parker’s consciousness was no fool!

She stood and dressed herself with Jarod’s clothes for the ..well not the first time. Then she remembered she had buy some clothes yesterday.

_Shit! No way i dress up again!

And she left in search of any living soul.

She found without any difficulty Jarod in the Living room. He was so absorbed into his work that he didn’t even heard her nor saw her.

So she just stayed leaning against the door and watching him work.

So it is the way he lives when we’re trying to chase him she thought She had always been curious when chasing me of how he was living and here she could see him into action. How weird!!! If she had knew she would be standing so near him one day and not even pull out her gun. And that he wouldn’t run for he hadn’t even been aware of her presence! Nonsense again! But everything will turn back to normal soon. She just watched him.

_How serious he was. _How involved he was in his work. _ How handsome he looked. _How.. _Wait? There is once sentence i shouldn’t have said here! _oh never mind!!! It’s nothing compared to what you’ve done yesterday!

And that was only then that Jarod felt someone was fixing him. He lifted up his head. Again his brown eyes locked into her blue’s one. Parker flinched slightly , took red handed of staring at him.

He smiled.

_How long have you been standing here?

_You’d rather not know for this time was enough for someone having not good intention on you to bring you back in a place you hate.

_well then you were staring Parker.....

Jarod knew how to unease her!

_Is that forbidden by the law of this state?

Not this state but maybe the certain place you said i would hate to be bring back to . he never voiced this thought though.

Parker hearing no answer, left for the kitchen. At least to proof him, that she could live two minutes without him.

Jarod sunk back into his work. Parker in the kitchen really didn’t know what to do.

_Well i guess i should be cooking!

And she decided to do so since that was the only thing that would busy her. Jarod heard some noise in the kitchen and was rather surprised.

_Hope it won’t taste awful !!

When he finished ten minutes later he left to see how Parker was managing.
She seemed to handle things well for she was concentrating on the recipe book she had found. It was Jarod turn to stare.

And Parker to be oblivious of it for ten minutes.

_Hey!! you were watching at me!

_Me? I was just thinking about how re-design the kitchen... obvious lie

_Yeah, considering that in two days you won’t be living here anymore!

_Wanna help?

_Jarod. I , i begin to feel real sick of being around you , and this nice chit-chat we have together. It’s just .. not natural, out of place. _forbidden?

Jarod had guessed right. That was her feeling. She was feeling more and more guilty vis-a-vis of the Centre.

_Jarod . I’m sorry to say that but i have to go back real soon. Her voice was a whisper. She was so ashamed. Ashamed of being ashamed of her attitude because of the Centre. Ashamed of turning him off.

_Don’t worry Parker at 3:00pm you’ll be back.

Parker did not watched him. She pretended to check something in the oven.

_There is still nothing in this oven Parker...

_Shit Jarod!!! You’re a crap at pretending things!

Parker was vexed Ok it hadn’t been a good idea to choose the oven like distraction but hell!

_I’m going to bring Ellyr back from home. See ya in a few minutes. Jarod knew she needed her time alone.

But he was terribly wounded inside! Why the hell couldn’t she admit she was in love with him!!! All her behavior proved him so. and yet she’s got to return! What a f*** stubborn girl.

Parker burst into tears the moment he had left the place.

_Why do i cry?? WHY?????

Parker was sick of her own state. What’s the matter with me? I ‘ve always managed to keep my feeling deep inside me. And here, in this dumb place they’re just all under my skin: ready to pop out without any warning. And why i seriously doubt that won’t fade in the Centre! f**** centre! You’re spoiling my life! And yet I return to you as if you were my dear mommy. Parker aware of the minutes passing, stopped her self-pity and tried to regain a real composure.

3 minutes later, Ellyr was jumping into her arm to say hello. Parker couldn’t let escape a word out of her mouth. But apparently ellyr hadn’t mind and was already describing her his morning. But Jarod saw her puffy red eyes.

* Don’t hug her, don’t hug her, don’t*

They sat at the table.

The ate

Ellyr made his farewell to Parker. ( Jarod had told him she was leaving again and urged him to not asked her any question about it ) And so they were stuck again in the house.

_You’ ve been crying Parker.

Parker turned her head to hide her face.

_It’s ok for crying you know Parker.

Well, i’ve got here the plan for your return. But ... I just want you to remember that at anytime you can renounce. I want you to know that i’ll be ready to help you to get out .. even if it is to live far away from me. i’ll do that for you.

Jarod’s voice was shaky.

Parker ‘s hide face was letting go a single tear. Harden yourself Parker!

_That’s won’t be necessary Jarod.

He did not respond.

_So I managed two find a old couple living not so far from the Citadelle. They’ll play along. Saying they found you in their garden inanimate. That’s since you were looking exhausted they had keep you in their house, for the time you were asleep.

And of course you just woke up and at once you phoned to the Centre to tell them you’re coming back. I’ll fake on you a few burns...and that will be ok.

You back.

Me gone.

Any question?

_Can i go alone to this house i’m supposed to be playing sleepy beauty?

_yes. But i need to make you the fakes burns first. You know for the credibility.

_Is this necessary?

_Yes it is. You need to be at least as in bad shape.. Anybody else is dead remember! It is a miracle you got out alive. And then if you get out alive without any sequell believe me it sounds weird.

_All right.

Jarod then took gently one of her arms and worked on it. Parker glared at the windows, trying to think at nothing in particular. But of course she couldn’t think at anything else than his hand making off the burns on her arm. But the worst part was when he made the burns in her face.

_i’ll do one here just under you eyes and a little one near your lips here. He was touching the part he had said but was looking straight into her eyes. She simply nodded without breathing. Oh God he’s so close and he's doing it deliberately! But his look is so sad. But then he concentrated again on his work. Parker watched him. All along right into his own eyes which were focusing on the spot of her skin who would be a burn very soon. Being un at eased about her stare he looked at her again and then couldn’t contain himself any longer.

_Oh parker he whispered

And he captured slightly her lips. And point kissed her cheek and her throat before one last kiss on her lips. He re-opened his eyes. Hers were still shut. He decided to keep up on his work. She finally re-opened them a minute later. She was likely to miss this shrill she had felt all along in the Centre. Jarod had finished.

They never talked.

Parker stood.

Took his bag.

Came close to Jarod who was standing in the middle of the living room. Kissed him one last time. And when Jarod opened his eyes again: she was long gone.

She was already on the stairs.
Now Parker, stop it. You allowed yourself to much to happen this two days.

***

In the house near the Citadelle.

_Yes Daddy i’ve not been killed.

_Of course you were certain that i had somehow managed out.

_No don’t worry i’ll be back at work this afternoon. And thank you for asking if i was feeling well by the way...

_No i don’t know what happened! I guess a short-circuit?

_Yeah Cya Daddy.

You bastard swore Parker when ending the call. Will you ever care about me one day?!

****

The Centre
3:00

The doors of Sydney’s room were being pushed apart.

_Thanx god Parker you’re alive!!.

_I’m glad at least you sound relieved. ( Parker thought bitterly back to her talk over the phone with her father)

_How did you manage that? Oh Gosh, you’ve been burned

_Don’t worry it doesn’t sore as much as it looks As for how i get out...(and she explained.)

_God , you know there is no one else who came out alive of this fire.

_Well believe me, we’re not loosing kindred spirit.

_Oh i guess it must have been terrible.

_syd: try to thing of the worst thing of the world.

_yes?

_And now think about something a hundred times worse and you’ve got it!

_Parker i missed your sarcastic remark so much! And i think that even Broots had missed your harassing.

_That’s so nice to see we’ve got trues friends....Well i guess i should be going to my office.

_don’ t you want to take one or two day off, Parker? you’ve been through hard days.

_You can say so she answered ( But i need to be in the Centre to focus)

With that Parker left. She needed to check if anybody had touch her office.

There was something that was disturbing Parker but couldn’t figure out what was that missing piece.

Her office for she could see hadn’t been touched.But there was a package waiting for her on her desk.

The package was from Jarod. And what she saw in it was excatly the something she felt was missing. Her gun! Her deer smith and wesson 9 mm was here. I’m being soft! I should have known it was the missing piece in my very personality of the Centre!

But something had changed on her gun.

Indeed there was two letters now engraved on the cross. MP was standing for Millena Parker.
The note going with the package said that it was Jarod himself who had engraved it. And she had to admit that it was beautiful.

Actually she liked it. And thanks for Jarod’s sakeshe liked it. Because damage her gun means serious bodily damage for the savage who would have done so. Luckily MP stands too for Miss Parker.

That was at that moment that her dear brother entered.

_I know you’re the family Lyle, but i would appreciate that even you knock at this door first. Her voice was cold. Good habits are coming straight back.

_Oh sorry sis! I was so eager to know that you were back that i couldn’t wait to see you.

_Or to check if the rumor i was finally alive was true. Too bad! I did not die!

_Oh i never would think a such thing Parker! Don’t tell me you’ve got such murderous think about me !

_Indeed i ‘ve got them very often. And especially when i learn that you were the one to suggest for my “ training ”. And that i really don’t appreciate.... Especially when the thing burn entirely at the end. I hope it wasn’t, again, your idea to..get rid of me lyle. Her glare was murderous. but that wasn’t hard to obtain it this way since that was exactly what she wanted to do.

_Sis!! You’re insulting me!!

_Sorry to not be sorry.

_Well seeing your mood i guess you didn’t like it. And for that i forgive you your hardness now, knowing it all because of that!

You see i can be nice sometimes.

Parker only snorted.

_Oh, you engraved something on your gun? When? Why?

_Oh it’s just at this training you see: we were all having a tea with wonderful biscuit while engraving this on our gun.

_Weird training... (seeing Parker’s look) .. Of course you were kidding.

_Well i think you’ve seen it all now: i’m safe and sound.. you may leave...

_Well i’ll warn Daddy that you aren’t in your best mood today for he may not love the way you treated me today.

_That’s it! Go and tell Daddy.

Well for sure she was back at the Centre!

The days passed. And the routine was here again. Harassing Broots, him finding nothing, Sydney smiling, her getting mad at him.... Well nothing was different for everybody besides for Miss Parker. Nobody could suspect something had changed in her for she was hiding it well( without Jarod around : that’s easy) But back in her home. She felt numb. Besides Jarod had not let her any clues since. And things were getting therefore pretty boring. She knew their time ( to she, sydney and Broots) was beginning to run out. Soon Jarod would disappear once and for all. And what the Centre will do to them? That she didn’t know and didn’t want to know. Jarod had not called her once since ( it’ve been one months). She thought he would. Even if she hadn’t looking forward to it : there was too much to explain. After this one month she had done such a good work at shutting up her true feelings that she was sure felt none anymore. Jarod is a Lab Rat and need to go back to his cage.

****

The Centre.

*This a little Brigitte break i added especially for a "feedbacker". I'm sure you know who you are!*

Despite all of Miss Parker carefulness to avoid Brigitte , today she had failed..

_You never came to say hello to your mummy ever since the day you came back! I was really upset you know.

_Why ( if the urege was so great ) you did not came to my office? Don’t tell me you didn’t remember the way?

Or do you want me to help you find your way to the bathroom as well?

_My dear, please spare me, you know i'm being vulnerable easily with this pregnancy…Your father wouldn’t like it if i miscarriage because of you.

_Don't tempt me.

_Hum, Lyle was right. You're very mean since this training session!

_Isn't why you sent me there for?

_We'll see if our money had worth it in a little while. You bring back the lab rat.. or not. This training cost us very much luv!

_What a sacrifice from you. Should i be standing on my knees and not look at you directly in the eyes? ( or should i be spiting in your face)

And by the way: i 'm the one to call him Lab Rat . You're the one who shut up and hinder the way with your big belly. Parker knew she had marked a point there so she left. ( smiling broadly) Brigitte was rather angry. This pregnancy is a real shit!

****

Two days later.
The centre

Parker had been talking with Syd for a while and had finally decided to leave; but just then Sydney’s phone rang and she detected at once that it was Jarod calling. She decided to stay... to sydney displease. She stood just back him. Sydney feeling obliged pushed the sound to the max.

_What is it Jarod ?

_Are you alone Sydney?

As miss Parker looked at Sydney menacingly making it clear that he had better to say yes, sydney answered.

_Yes Jarod. It’s ok. But you’re voice sound weird. What’s the matter?

_It’s about women, sydney.

_You’re in love with someone? Jarod sighted

Miss Parker retreated slightly.

_things are so unfair Syd.

Syd was feeling uneasy because of Miss Parker presence and tried to make her understand that Jarod had the right to some privacy.

But Miss Parker had without any doubt no intention on living.

Either after one month, Jarod had found someone else.. either he was talking about the bizarre relationship that had occured between them last time. And in both way, she needed to hear what was being said.

_I don’t know what to do. For i’m certain i’ve got strong feelings for her. Love? That must be that. Even if because of many “ matters ” i find it strange to name it this way. But i know being with her is just so wonderful.

Miss Parker despite how hard she had buried all the thoughts was being seriouly shaken by what she was hearing.

Here the feelings she thought were dead were all just under her skin again. She had a urge to cry again. He loved the time they had had together! ( how he couln’t have) She thought it was all over now. She had thought she had took the control again! How mistaken she had been!

_And does she loves you back Jarod? quieried sydney in his very doctoral way.

Miss Parker who was standing in the back of sydney cringed a little. No, God! Not that! Not that Question! I can’t listen to that! I can’t! But Parker was craving to know. Know what he thought. Know it for herself too! Be careful. don’t show you’re too affect to syd. Focus Parker, Focus. Luckily she was in his back, he couldn’t see her

_Well that’s another matter. You know it is not even clear into myself. how can i say that i can read into her heart since i can’t even do so in my own! I have my suspicion though.

And what are they Jarod.

_She, she

_Say it. What do you fear?

_You know she’s just like me syd, things arent’ easy for her either .. She must be living the same battle i have inside herself.

Hell, Parker was having a storm not a battle of feelings inside herself.

_that’s why you’re so sad, then ? because you think things may never happen because of your doubts? That there is no issue?

Parker shut her eyes. She could take no more.

She was sharing this same sadness with Jarod.

I.... i must be completely crazy about him for being so moved on! Why? He’s just wonder boy after all!! I need help! I need to breathe again.

_Jarod, please answer this for it is important. try to be fair. Does she love you back?

Jarod stayed silent ten seconds.

Parker did not breath at all for ten seconds.

_Yes. I think she loves me he whispered.

Miss Parker’s face was a war field at that moment. She needed desperately to sit. To find a refuge. To hide this nakedness of her feeling. So that was it?? She was in love with him????

_You know Jarod, this is really unsteadying me , for i don’t see any woman you could have such mixed feeling with and her returning those very same mix..

Sydney stopped dead when a thought crossed his mind.

_Jarod? don’t tell me you’re talking about..

Parker felt a huge panic , no!! He wasn’t in any way thinking about her! No SYD! D’ONT YOU DARE TO TURN AROUND!!!!!!...

And then he turned around to face Parker.

Parker’s feature were uncountable

She was looking him right into his eyes. She had pursed her lips. She had had no power to pretend to be unaffected. How could she? And she knew that now he knew. That her eyes and features had betrayed the turmoil inside herself. That like a dummy she had been caught out off guard.

Her eyes were tearful... And saying tohim.. please , spare me...i’m so pitiful now, so pitiful!

Sydney’s mouth dropped two stairs down.

_Parker! he finished with the little breath that he had kept.

The “ Parker ” had been intended at Parker at that time but Jarod didn’t know.

And so, Sydney was in the middle of the two lovers, completely “oversurprised” and not knowing how to take care of the situation since jarod had not utter a word since and that Parker was here, standing , showing at the light her true feelings by her helplessness.

Jarod had guessed right. She was completely in love with him.

All her world scattered on pieces when she had heard her name being said . So here it was finish for he knew, for She knew, for she had failed of controlling her feelings. Parker couldn’t bare it anymore: his glance was on her, with many questions in it. She knew she couldn’t quit this room for outside everybody would wonder what’s the matter with her.

But she couldn’t stand one more seconds her “ bareness ” . She left him there to take refuge in the deepest part of his office, trying to bury herself, she was sitting in the floor, her back against the wall..

Sydney eyes followed her all along, seeing her shoulder shake ( for certainly now she was crying)

He focused on jarod.

_Jarod. Jarod. How come... he whispered bewildered.

_Don’t ask to much out of me syd... You already know too much, far too much. Jarod’s voice was fade. Certainly wherever he was he was livid. And he hung up.

Sydney for sure didn’t know what to do. He had never thought a minute that.. And yet Parker behavior was the living proof he wasn’t fancying things. She loves him!! For how long? What happened? He loves her!!! SHE loves HIM??????? His reason couldn’t print this into his brain.she LOVES him?

Parker was feeling sicker and sicker by any minutes. Why the hell did she stay? Why the hell is she breakdowning. She just couldn’t stop to sob. it was to much to endure too much.

Sydney then decided wisely to quit his office. Living her alone. And crying

And somewhere in the USA. A young man with brown eyes was doing exactly the same.

****

When Parker stopped crying it was late. Late as 11:00 pm. The Centre was pitch dark and silent. Not a sound. So dark So depressing. She left. Hurriedly. For she did not wish to breakdown again she had no more tears left anyway. She had a world to re invent now. For she had been discovered. She’s the black sheep of The Centre She had felt in love with the Lab Rat.

Failure. She was failure. For she betrayed the centre. Her father. For she’s been weak. Crying. Issues? None! Hope? None!

Parker felt fast asleep .

Two much emotions, tire her more than 5 bullets and an ulcer on the stomach. that was the only thing she had no shields for. And that killed her today.

***********************************

The next morning, Broots and Sydney were the only one of the team present in the Centre.
Broots of course was worried but sydney even more.

_Listen Broots: Please find a good explanation for Parker’s absence and my departure...

_You.. You ‘re living?

_I’ll be back don’t worry: i just want to check on Parker .

_All right.

When sydney arrived at her door, he knew it was kinda useless to knock since she certainly wouldn’t answer. So he just hoped the door wouldn’t be locked. Bad Luck. It was.

So he had to try knocking. As he had thought previously : no answer. Was it because she wasn’t at home? Or was she too ashame to open? Big Question!

Then he just sat on her threshold. And he was knocking occasionally. Waiting for her to finally give in. And after one hour of doing so.. she gave in.

_Syd.

_Parker, i’m sorry, i know i bother you, i know you don’t want to talk about it and i know that you’re a big girl and that you can handle things. So i will be the only one talking. May we sit?

Parker had not really dare to look into his eyes. Besides her eyes were puffy, she’s been crying again, and even if she was sure he knew it she didn’t want him to see it. She’s not supposed to be weak. She couldn’t turn him down again because he had been standing out for one hour and that he had said before all the excuses she could have said.

_ Leave. Leave, for a life in the Centre is no life! Why bother to swear allegiance to an evil place. You owe it nothing .This place owe you . Leave. This place killed two people you loved. Leave. This place spoiled your life. Leave. Don’t think of what could attach you to this place. For this is nothing compared to the thing you should have if this place hadn’t exist. Leave You’re in love. He’s in love. Leave.

Why bother to hide any human feeling you’ve got again and again and again: this is no sin! To live an happy life is feasable.. but only outside of the Centre. What the other could think? hell! You know better the truly evil things they have ever done! Is it really a worst crime that being in love? Don’t stay. Leave during it is possible. Flew this place like pest. Leave and you’ll live.

That’s all i wanted to say... His words had just pulled the knife deeper into her heart. For all he was saying was true. All her life had just been a waste of time. unlike Jarod she had seen the outside world. But she’s been a prisonner for longer since she was still there. The Centre had treated her like a lab rat in a conditionnal freedom. And that’s was all. Well fuck them all! she wasn’t going to play this game for very long from now. She’ll even make them pay. For she was disguted by the harshness of the reality.

A bitter strong hatred took place in her heart. Finally she had done it: directiong her hatred on the real responsible of her pitiful life: The Centre.. not Jarod..

Sydney made the move to leave her place.

_Syd! Wait! Do you have Jarod’s number somewhere?

_No Parker, not even me.

_All right. Thank you Sydney. Thank you for coming. I’ll be in the Centre tomorrow..

And he left.

How much she wished to be able to talk to Jarod at that time. To tell him how much she was wounded . Wounded by her own blindness over the Centre. Wounded by what her father had let her become, for the facility of the Centre. To tell him she wanted him to take her away. So far away all her memory of that damn place would vanish. To tell him she was truly madly deeply in love with him even if she didn’t know where that had been coming from. Oh Jarod.. Phone me by all sake!! Phone me!

****

The morning.
Centre’s corridor.

Parker more decided than ever walked to her office. She didn’t mind anymore. She knew that soon that she will never see those walls again. Somehow she was a little sad: for it has been her childhood home too. And one always appreciate the home of one’s childhood! But anyway it was the place of torture of his adulthood.... She entered Broot’s office.

_Hey Broots! I bet you have no lead on Jarod today... Just like the day before that and the day before the day before that and the day.. She wasn’t mean at all: just playfull for she absolutly didn’t care.

_Will you have any new bad remarks on your repertory someday?

_What you would prefer... luv, you’re way of missing Jarod’s clues is sadening me for the Triumvirat will be sad. So would you mind hurry up a little to find something..??

_Well, get rid of the luv ( I hate that Brigitte) and it may fit me....

_Well you’d better hurry your ass for we made enough chit chat for today!

She left and bumped against her brother.

Knowing that soon she’ll never see him again shortened even more her impatience for making effort to stand him.

_Dear Sister!

_Dear Brother! ( but it was Pain-in-the-ass which chimed in her head) Anything important or you just wanted to waste my time by arguing with me meaninglessly?

_Well it is more part of the second argument.

_Well, i’m sure that you already know that i think you’re a psycho so, nothing is to add on my side.

_Do you have even a tiny bit of sibling love for me Parker?

_I don’t want to frighten you , Lyle.. so i won’t answer this question. Is that enough arguing for you today? May i leave?

_Loveless sister! What can i do to make you trust me?

_ Dare to say you’re not a psycho....

_Ok... you may live now.

****

But then it was Daddy Parker who accosted her a little later. What he didn’t knew is that she hated him now. truly hated him.

_Oh Angel.

_Daddy?

_I’m worried about your research. How come you’ve not located Jarod by now! It’s been a month.

_Wanna know my guesses?

_Of course Angel.

_He’s in Love.

_That’s absurd! He’s not allowed to love!

_But remember you’re not in the outside world to show him the rules you made up daddy.... He ignored the last sentence wondering what was the matter with her little girl today.

_I heard you were pretty hard on Lyle and brigitte last time...He’s your brother and she's your step mother! He deserve at least a bit of love from you, angel! * Don’t you think i deserve love from you too?????*

_I’m too busy tracking Jarod down daddy....

_Well, i’m sure you are. Now excusing me i’ve got a meeting to intend.

Parker wasn’ t at ease. Something in her daughter scared him a bit. she wasn’t the same any more. *I should pay more attention she could become dangerous. i’ll talk about it at the triumvirat*

Parker headed then to her office. Wondering who the hell she could meet even worse than her father and brother. Brigitte crossed her mind. But no, she had seen her not so long time ago.

Actually it was only Jarod who was waiting for her there.

_Ja

But Jarod shushed her quickly.

She shut her mouth and locked the door behind her.

_What are you doing in my office Jarod?? Are you insane??

Miss Parker was so shocked to see him standing there! Hey! She could bring in him back at any minutes.

But someone knocked at her door.

_Hey sis? How come it is closed here? Asked Lyle suspicious. Miss Parker look quickly back at Jarod.

_I'm sure you know where to hide?

_Why don't you tell him i'm here?

_Just hide yourself ok?

She came to unlock the door.

Lyle came in.

_What were you doing? I didn't know you were locking you inside.

_I knew that would make you knock before entering. I decided to breed you.

_I bet there is another motive…

_Yes you discovered me! I just wanting to chit chat with Jarod without anyone interfering. You see when i came here he was there. But look: you came he left! Your fault! Daddy won't be happy! You missed Jarod again! She was very sarcastic.

_All right, the first explanation is more credible than the second one: so i'll do with it.

I wanted to say sis, that you're putting yourself into some troubles right now by sending away every one of us rudely.

_Is that a menace?

_No, a warning for you well being Parker.. and he left.

At once Jarod stepped out of the shadows.

_I don't understand you Parker!

_I don't understand you either! Why did you come?

_Why didn't you tell him?

_I told him! He did not believed me! That's his problem! Now answer my question!

_I , I can't ! Anyway you right it is insane! I don't see what the matter with me. I shall leave now. And he hurried to the air vent.

_Wait! You don't think i will let you leave this way Jarod! She stopped him by taking his arm.

_Phone me. This night. And i let you free.

Jarod was puzzled but agreed.

****

This same night

Miss Parker was being awaken by her phone ring.

_Jarod! She thought at once.

She jumped and took the receiver quickly completely excited

_Yes?

_I see you were waiting for my call!

_Say something like this again and i hang up!

_So how are you doing Parker?

_It took you time to call me Jarod. What happened? And by the way, what was this short vist you paid me at the Centre???????

_Would you believe me if i say i was afraid to call you?

_Yes i think i would for i am a very frightening woman. But, since even when i was chasing you you weren’t frighten at all , i would say that somehow i’m a little surprised.

_Why do you mean by.. was chasing me?

_Hum, very intimate question.... She was very cheerful, and that unsteadied Jarod a lot.

_Please tell me.

_I have no lust to bring you in anymore Jarod. And anyway you did not let many clues for us lately..

_How come????

_Make me leave this place.. or i will bring myself into troubles.

_What? Jarod never thought he would here that out of her mouth.

_You heard me moron. Make me leave, and the sooner the best!

_Please explain me..

_Not by the phone, Jarod.

_All right. A meeting?

_I want to leave Jarod.. just do what you thing is good to do! After all i thought you were a genius!

_You cannot imagine how this news are rejoicing me!! I was.. kinda depressed those days... and now making you leave will be the pinnacle of my life Parker Parker chuckled a little.

_You were depressed those days? Haven’t you phone Sydney for advice.. ( Parker wanted to open the subject about the famous call)

_I did, but i made a big mistake Parker. Maybe one day i’ll tell you. But i really don’t feel the courage.

_One advice Jarod. You shouldn’t phone Sydney when he is in the Centre for there can be several people around him when the phone ring. And she hung up.

She was sure Jarod was incredulous at that time. but it was his turn! She had faced Sydney’s glare after all!!!!

Not surprisingly her phone rang again.

_What?

_Parker.

_What?

_That’s a mean thing the way you ended the last call.

_And? You’ve made it a thousand time one me! It was as mean as this: And she hung up again.

That was fun... for her..

He phoned her again.

_Parker please don’t hang up!

_Give me a reason not to.

_Now to the pub the LORD in the east of the town.

_You’re in Blue cove??

_I told ya i was depressed... And they both hanged up.

Parker decided to make herself credible.. That’s mean.. sexy clothes but not enough to reveal him she was doing that for him. No make up either. Just natural.

******

ten minutes later
The Lord.

She had spotted him between all the other guys of the pub. She had quite an instinct at finding Jarod from the first glare. His view though struck something in her heart that she hadn’t feel while chasing him. She had not seen him for a month.( long time!) And here he was, completely handsome. This is incredible as suddenly you see things differently when you're in love. He seemed as much delighted. He stood when he saw her enter. It was a new concept for him. Knowing that this beautiful woman entering( he wasn’t the only one to stare!) had just came for HIM. Even if he wasn’t sure of her intention , it was foiling a bon fire into himself.

He joined her. He wasn’t very at ease so Parker made a movement.

_Well i’m seeing you much more when i’m not chasing you that when i do! That’s kinda infuriating, but i guess i’ll get use to it. She was smiling.

My! She's serious! He had his chance! His face lit up even more .

_I felt as you had a big grudge about me at that time so you see, i didn’t want to stay long....

_Sure!

_Well let’s go outside. There is a shore where whe can walk : that ‘s better that this smoky pub.

****

Outside on the shore.

They had took of their shoes for walking on the sand bare-footed was great

_Parker don’t tell me you.. you were there when i phoned sydney?

_I must say you put me in a quite embarrassing issue Jarod...

_You? You were really there ?????? Jarod couldn’t believe his “ ears ” He was kinda embarrassed for he knew exactly what he had said. But ( and it was curious) she didn’t seem furious nor “ ashamed ”

_ You hear it ALL then?

_Yes.All. She understood now how it is fun to torture someone with breadcrumbs She looked at him. Well he’s beginning to black out! NO wonder for what he had said.

_ Do you remember when he said.. PARKER?

_Yes i do. He was pale. ( damn it was well THIS call)

_Well think he was just looking straight at me then.

_Oh my God Parker! I ‘m so sorry!! I didn’t want that to happen!! I .. I God It must have been awful for you Parker. You, you must have been furious.. Why aren’t you furious at me now too??

She made as if she hadn’t hear him and continued.

_And now imagine that the Parker was intended to me actually. Think that he was so shocked at my expression that he let out escaped Parker like “ PARKER!!!!!! ” and not “ PARKER? ”

_i don’t get it.

_What do you think i would look like after learning that i was a wonderful woman, that you, you were in love with me ( or kinda) and that you said i loved you too???!!!

Jarod was still unfazed.

_I must say it is quite hard to imagine... So Parker decided to go on.

Effectively, i must have looked terrific at that time. Because I (Well here the rough part.)
Because i realized that you weren’t wrong.

Jarod looked again in her eyes, even if he could hardly guess them in this dark night.

Parker smiled at Jarod’s disappointed look.

_Well, maybe you are a genius, But still you’re pretty bad when it’s come about feelings. And with that she kissed him. And didn’t let him go for a long time. Since he needed long explanations and that she was a patient teacher.

When the kiss broke, Jarod was on a cloud. He simply could not believe it.

Then Parker took both of his arms and put them around her waist. Looked right into his eyes and confessed.

_I ‘m in love with you Jarod Russel.

_I’m completely mad about you.

_And no matter how weird this sound: i love you.

_And i’m even afraid that you’ll have to do with it!

Jarod didn’t blink didn’t dare too! What a change! What an infinite beatification he was living !!!What a dream!

_Millena..

_Millena i’m sorry for i must just look like an idiot right now. But i thinks that’s part of the love process!

_I , I

He went on his knees:

I’ve been depressed since this last night, and now.. you’re here.. .And in love??? And telling me so?? And wanting to leave the Centre?? and with me???? I could think you’re another Parker. But i know too well your deep blues iris for not mistake you with anyone else.

_I ‘m deeply in love with you Parker , maybe you knew that already for having overhearing some phone call you shouldn’t have.

She went on her knees as well.

And he kissed her.

Again

Again ..

and Again...

That’s THE END.



But, i may write a sequel. About The Centre great KABOOM. Firt you’d better tell me if you liked this! Please!! I wrote this during school time.... at moment i should have been studying for test.....and i got quite bad repercussion because of this if you see what i mean: so i need some comfort!! I know my english is quite laborious. ( i mean always the same vocabulary and style) I’m aware of it but the hard thing is i just can’t get rid of it!!!! Just think at the plot!! :)