When in Need . . . by Nash
Summary: MP needs Jarod's protection ;

Note: reply to Picture Challenge
Categories: Indefinite Timeline Characters: Angelo, Brigitte, Broots, Jarod, Lyle, Miss Parker, Mr Parker, Mr Raines, Sydney
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, General, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 3493 Read: 9529 Published: 18/08/05 Updated: 18/08/05

1. Part 1 by Nash

2. Part 2 by Nash

3. Part 3 by Nash

4. Part 4 by Nash

Part 1 by Nash
Disclaimer: All charcters of tP & the centre are property of NBC. Wish they were mine!!

Note: This is a reply to the picture challenge



When in Need . . .
part I
by Nash





He was running down a hallway, he wasn't sure if it was in the Centre or not. None the less, Mr. Lyle and his gang of sweepers were chasing him, their guns drawn.

I can't let them catch me, Jarod thinks, as he turns the corner. He almost trips over her. It's Miss Parker. She's sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall and crying. For a monet Jarod is confused. Why is she crying? Shouldn't she be chasing me? He drops to the ground. I should help her.

"Miss Parker," he sasy softly, "what's wrong?"

She looks up, with tears streaming down her face. "Oh Jarod, I'm in trouble, please help me. I don't want them to hurt me."

Inside, Jarod is surprised that the usually strong Miss Parker is asking him for help. He doesn't show this. He knows he has to start running again; Mr. Lyle will catch up to him soon.

"I promise I'll help you. Right now, why don't you come with me, so, you can explain to me what kind of trouble you're in."

Just as Jarod is helping Miss Parker up, Mr. Lyle and Brigitte turn the corner, their sweepers quickly following, catching Jarod wipe away Miss Parker's tears, while she is leaning aginst the wall. Miss Parker and Jarod turn around. Jarod is quite surprised that Mr. Lyle had covered the distance between them so quickly and that Brigitte had appeared out of thin air.

"Look what we have here," remarks Brigitte sarcastically. "You wouldn't be helping Jarod escape, now would you Miss Parker?" A thin smirk appears on Miss Parker's step-mother's face.

"I - I wasn't . . ." stammers the usually bold woman.

"Oh yes, darling, we believe you . . ." The blond hared woman turns to the thunbless man beside her with a wide grin. Mr. Lyle was being oddly quiet during a moment like this. "What do you think we should do about her, Lyle?"

"Well," he says calmly, "I don't think the Triumvirite would be too happy about somebody from the Centre helping Jarod escape. The would probably want to exterminate that person. I say, we save the Triumvirite the trouble."

"So do I," hissed Brigitte. And with that, she raised her gun to Miss Parker's head. "Goodbye, luv. It's time for you to meet your maker."

Before Miss Parker could even move and before Jarod could stop Brigitte, she pulled the trigger. The beautiful brunette's body slumping aginst Jarod's. Here eyes rolled back into her head.

"Nooooooo!!!!!!" screamed Jarod in angst. Brigitte and Lyle were cackling away.

He woke up screaming in terror and with his body covered in sweat. He inhaled a very deep breath of air. Exhale. It was a nightmare. Thank God.

"Miss Parker's in trouble. I have to find out why," Jarod whispered to himslef as got out of bed and pulled on his pants. "What do Mr. Lyle and Brigitte have to do with whatever trouble Miss Parker is in? Other than wanting to shoot her?"

He had just finished his latest pretend by bringing a father, who had made his teenage step-daughter into a prostitute, to justice. He knew he'd have atleast a day to research why his huntress was in danger, before her team caught up to him.

Jarod turned on his laptop. "Now to send a message to my friend CJ. Let's see what he can dig up in those air vents of his."



Let me know what you think
Part 2 by Nash
Disclaimer: All characters of tP & the Centre are property of NBC. Wish they were mine!!

Note: This is a reply to the picture challenge




When in Need . . .
part II
by Nash






Angelo was sitting in front of his laptop in one of the many air vents in the Centre. He had just received an e-mail.

"Daughter in trouble," he mumbles to himself. "Boogey man and Lollipop Lady hurt daughter. Must find why. Why?"

He starts to move away from his laptop; it’s quite early in the morning, but he knows that he has to get what needs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It’s about one o’clock in the afternoon. Angelo is ready with his camcorder & his laptop, as he is spying on Brigitte & Mr. Lyle, waiting for the information that he needs.

"This bastard," Brigitte says, pointing to her now swelling stomach, "keeps me up at night. Just like his father." She smiles at Lyle.

"Well, I hope he takes after me in more aspects than that," Lyle replies coldly. "Though any similarities between that child and I will have to be kept quiet."

"Of course, luv."

Up in the air vents Anglo is rapidly becoming bored, when suddenly the conversation turns. Anglo checks the camcorder to make sure that it is indeed recording.

"I saw Dad’s lawyer in his office yesterday & when I came in to talk to my father, they automatically became quiet. Later when I confronted Dad’s lawyer, & I must add frightened him a bit, he mentioned that my father is working on writing up his will. The loser also said that my sister is inheriting the most form Dad."

"Well, we can’t have that now can we?" remarked the pregnant lady in spandex. "We have to get Miss Parker out of the way so that this wretch," again she was motioning toward her abdomen, "can reel in all the money for me . . ."

"And me of course," interrupts Lyle, "after all that is my child."

"Of course, of course," replies the woman quickly with an attempted smile on her face. "So, how shall we exterminate the bitch? Poison, a shot to the head-any other ideas?

"How about both. An insanity driven poison & a shot to the head. Both of those fantasies accomplished."

"Delightful."

Meanwhile, Angelo is struggling to hold back a gasp & unknown to the two people in Mr. Lyle’s office and the man in the air vents, Broots tries to hold back a gasp as well.

Broots scurries back to his office, wondering how Miss Parker will react to this piece of news. She’ll probably bit off my head & then go on a swearing rampage. Be afraid Broots, be very afraid. The computer technician thinks to himself.

Back in the air vents, a certain empath starts to e-mail Jarod the minute or so of conversation regarding Miss Parker & Mr. Lyle’s & Brigitte’s plot to kill her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"What the hell?" screams Miss Parker. "You’re telling me that, that Bitch & the psycopath are planning to kill me over a will? How dare they!! Wait’ll I get my hands on those bastards, just wait."

I was right, thinks Broots.

"Broots, any leads on Jarod."

"N-not yet, Miss Parker."

"Well, get a move on, NOW!!"

"Yes, ma’am," Broots replies meekly. Well, almost, I got the order a little mixed up, but she did just what I expected her to do.

"Miss Parker," intejects Sydney, as calmly as if Miss Parker had not even been there, "what are you going to do about this little problem?"

"Little? Syd, are you kidding me? This is major. They will not get away with this." Miss Parker turned around to walk into her office with Sydney in tow. She stops behind her desk, takes out her gun from her holster behind her hip, then she opens her desk drawer & reloads a new cartridge into her Smith & Wesson.

"Miss Parker, I am sure ther is a better resolution to this than violence."

"Spare me the crap, Syd."

"What about talking your father into making the inheritance equal between all your family members?" he hollers out to Miss Parker, who is now walking down the hall. Before he can go after her, his cell phone rings.

"This is Sydney."

"Syd, you have to protect Parker," says a distressed Jarod from the other end of the phone line. "Mr. Lyel & Brigitte are planning to poison her & shoot her."

"We already know."

"What? How?"

"Broots overheard the conversastion. Infact, Miss Parker is about to take matters into her own hands."

"Sydney, listen to me. I heard the conversastion, these tow wills top at nothing to get rid of her."

At that moment Sydney hears cursing coming from Mr. Lyle’s office.

"I’ll have to get back to you Jarod."

In Boston, a confused Jarod is amazed that Sydney hung up on him.

Sydney starts running towards the orignin of the shrieks, noticing that Broots is following him at a quick pace. The two men arrive at Mr. Lyle’s office to find Miss Parker pacing & muttering to herself.

"It took the two of you long enough to get here," remarks the brunette sarcastically. "You two are panting. Don’t tell me that after 3 years of chasing Jarod, you still have a hard time running?"

"What was all that yelling for, Miss Parker?" asked Broots almost strongly.

"The two bastards aren’t here. I sent Sam to search for them. I swear, if those two do anything or try anything I will personally make their lives a living hell."

"Miss Parker?"

"Yes, Sam."

"I just checked the security cameras & Mr. Lyle & Brigitte are no where to be found. Nobody know when they disappeared or how."

"They couldn’t have gone far withing the last half hour. Get a team of sweepers & find out where they are. Now." Miss Parker began to massage her temples. "Excuse me getnlemn, I have a splitting headache & unless you want to suffer my wrath, I’d stay clear." She then exited the office & headed towards her own.

"That’s for sure," muttered Broots, which received a chuckle from Sydney. "I’ll get back to finding Jarod."

And I have a call to return by e-mail or Refuge, thought Sydney as the two of them left Mr. Lyle’s office & headed towards their own.


Let me know what you think
Part 3 by Nash
Disclaimer: All characters of tP & the Centre are property of NBC. Wish they were mine!!

Note: This is a reply to the picture challenge. Well, I finally figured out that this Fanfic occurs in a tP world where MP did indeed love Thomas & he was murdered, the season finale plays out as it is. So does the premiere, except that Mr. Parker & Brigitte don’t go into hiding. Mr., Parker had decided to write up the will because after finally realizing that he wasn’t going to be around forever, he should set up a will. So, this series takes place after Jarod escapes & Miss Parker has recovered. Brigitte is 5-6 moths pregnant. Since there’s a gap in the story, I’ll fix it somehow. The rest of the story you know.



When in Need . . .
part III
by Nash





Miss Parker sighs as she shuts the door of her Porsche Boxter that she had just driven onto her driveway.

"It’s ten at night and I am damn tired," she mutters while looking at her watch and walking towards the door of her house.

It had been two weeks since Mr. Lyle and Brigitte had "disappeared". Her father was mildly worried, but had been mainly upset about the fact that they hadn’t phoned or said anything about their "vacation", as Daddy had put it. She had chosen not to say anything about her brother’s and step-mother’s plot against her, that Broots had "accidentally" over-heard from the doorway of Mr. Lyle’s office just before he was going to deliver his latest lead concerning Jarod. She was going to handle the two faced bitch and her psycho brother herself, she had stubbornly decided.

Those two weeks had been hell for her. The regular dead-end search for Jarod and the little clues he left her to help her uncover her past, his last gift had been a diary of her mother’s, any regular person would be in the middle of a breakdown if they had been in the position Miss Parker was in. Where as she, being the Ice Queen that she is, had a booming headache and her back was stiff, reminding her of the shot to her back that she had "received" in May. She was grateful to him for the diary, but she would never let him know.

Miss Parker took a step onto her porch, selected the key to her door from her keychain (which was already in her hand from the car), inserted it into the keyhole, turned the key and opened the door. She stepped in. Before she could even switch on the light or take her key out of the lock, she felt a surge of pain go through her body as she was hit in her back by something hard. She fell to the floor. During her last few seconds of consciousness, she could feel the prick of a needle being forced into her right arm. She fought to stay conscious, but she couldn’t take the pain. Her body went limp.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Feeling the suspense? I just *had* to do that to you. Don’t worry, you’ll find out what’s going to happen.
At least I think you will. LOL. I’m serious; I’ll write Part 4 don’t worry.




Let me know what you think
Part 4 by Nash
Disclaimer: All characters of tP & the Centre are property of NBC. Wish they were mine!!

Note: This is a reply to the picture challenge




When in Need . . .
part IV
by Nash






Miss Parker woke up with a stiff back, feeling groggy and having a headache, but more importantly she was sitting in a wooden chair, her wrists tied behind the back of the chair and her ankles tied together and tied to the legs of the chair. Her torso was duct taped to the chair and her ankles were tied together and surprisingly she didn't have a gag or anything else over her mouth.

She turned her head, causing her sleeveless sweater to strain against the tape. She noted that there was no one or anything else in the dark room that had only one darkly tinted window. The window was the size of windows that are regularly found in basements. ‘Come to think of it,’ Miss Parker thought, ‘it is cold down here.’ She looks at the floor. ‘It's cement. Bingo, Clue number 2. And that window . . .’ before she could finish her sentence she saw a fleet of tarantulas and scorpions crawling towards her from every wall.

"Oh my gosh! What the hell? Get away from me," Miss Parker screams. The creatures creep closer and closer. Soon, they are crawling up her stiletto-clad feet and up her black pants. She lets out a bloodcurdling scream.

"Get off me!! Someone help!" She closes her eyes, ‘Stay calm; they won't hurt you if you don't show your fear-they won't do anything.’ She opens her eyes; they're gone.

"What just ha . . ." this time she's interrupted by a man materializing from a wall. He has a gun in his left hand. The shadows conceal his face, but Miss Parker recognizes him instantly.

"You killed my mother!! What are you *fucking* doing here, Raines?" she yells in rage towards the man. She tries to get up to attack the murderer, but falls to the ground in failure. She lies there on her side with her eyes closed, in the chair, inwardly cursing the pain that she feels from the fall. She hears his footsteps and his oxygen tank approach her; she trembles in fear.

Suddenly the room is immersed in silence. She opens her eyes and moves her body to search for the man who had caused her so much pain. He had disappeared. She's shaking. ‘What's happening to me? Control yourself, Parker.’ The shaking didn't recede; she had no control over her body.

"What type of hell is this?" she yelled at no one in particular. ‘And where am I?’ In another room, in the same building, a man stood watching a television screen. He trained the camera (with a joystick) to focus and zoom in on Miss Parker's' distraught face.

"The hallucinogen is working," he tells the woman in the room with him. The blonde lady nods, a grin forming on her face.

"Step 2 completed," she says in satisfaction. The thumbless man chuckles evilly.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jarod turned off his cell phone in dismay. ‘Where are you Parker?’ He had been trying to contact her for the past hour. When she hadn't picked up her cell and her home phone he became worried. His mind thought of all the ways she could be hurt. A bullet to the head, like Thomas, kidnapped, raped, unconscious in an alley. Jarod tried push these thoughts out of his mind.

‘Can I risk being caught to go to her house and check in on her? Of course I can; she was my childhood friend. I owe her that much,’ Jarod thought. He started to pack up his belongings. Jarod let out a sigh. He had just finished a pretend and he had hope that he could have at least have stayed there for a few more hours.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Miss Parker woke up. Her neck was stiff, her mouth parched, she felt dizzy & her eyes couldn't focus properly. Someone had uprighted her chair. She looked at her surroundings, trying to collect her thoughts. She faintly remembered the tarantulas, scorpions & the man who killed her mother. She began feeling the rope around her wrist and sucked in her breath as she touched the rope burns.

The rope was quite thick, but maybe she'd be able to get it off by dislocating her thumb. She began the process, but was interrupted by a man stepping out of the shadows and a voice.

"Now, now Miss Parker, We can't have you escaping. Besides, even if you did free yourself from the from the ropes & duct tape, you wouldn't be able to get out of this room."

Miss Parker desperately tried to place the voice and to focus on the man standing before her. Recognition finally set in; "Damn you, Lyle!!" Parker concentrated on focusing her sight. As her vision became clearer, she began to doubt whether he was a figment of her imagination or whether he was real.

He walked towards her. "For that, you get this," he said and punched her, giving her what she knew would later turn into a black eye. She spat on his shoes. He hit her again, this time in the jaw.

"Try anything like that again and a punch in the jaw won't be the only thing you get," Mr. Lyle growled sourly as he cradled his knuckles.

Miss Parker did everything in her power not to make some sort of snide remark. She gave Lyle a cold glare.

"Now it's time for Miss Parker to have her medicine," Mr. Lyle said in a happy-go-lucky, innocent voice, that you would expect somebody to use with small children. He pulled out a syringe covered in plastic from his breast pocket of his suit jacket. The syringe contained a yellowish serum.

Miss Parker had a look of fear on her face, one that was also combined with confusion. Her head was aching and she was still having problems focusing & every so often she would see bright flashes of light. ‘What are they giving me?’

Mr. Lyle was apparently enjoying the control he had over his twin. He grought the syringe to Miss Parker's eye-level and then running it under her nose, along her lip, he remarked, "Aww, Parker's afraid of needles. Well, there's no one to save you now, is there?" His last question was asked in a state of anger and teasing. He punctured Miss Parker's skin on her arm, pushed the plunger and pulled out the needle from her, all in one quick movement.

Miss Parker immediately fel the effects of the serum. She began to feel light-headed and slowly lost consciousness. She could hear Lyle walking away from her, then knocking three times on something hard (probably a wall). She the heard what sounded like a door opening and then something being dropped to the ground. Something hard, with two legs, maybe metal or was it wood?. Those were her last thoughts as unconsciousness came over her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Sorry, for taking so long with this. I'll try to get the next Part in ASAP.

Let me know what you think
This story archived at http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/viewstory.php?sid=3769