Dreamland by The Injury Princess
Summary: This is way to short to summarize. Jarod, Parker, possible character death? I'm not saying more.
Categories: Indefinite Timeline Characters: Jarod, Lyle, Miss Parker, Original Character
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 3674 Read: 10341 Published: 06/08/05 Updated: 06/08/05

1. Part 1 by The Injury Princess

2. Part 2 by The Injury Princess

3. Part 3 by The Injury Princess

4. Part 4 by The Injury Princess

Part 1 by The Injury Princess
Disclaimer: They're not mine but if I were a big important producer person, I’d buy the rights to the Pretender and do what I please with the characters! And then the day is mine... well... um... errr.. Never mind just disregard that last remark. BTW if you are a big important producer person don't sue I only make $5.15 an hour, it wouldn't be worth it.


Note: It’s short but sweet… or maybe not that sweet. Heeheehee.



Dreamland
part 1
By: The Injury Princess






“Jarod stop or I’ll shoot!” Miss Parker shouted, Jarod and turned to face her.

“Go ahead. Shoot me, anything’s gotta be better than this.” He shot back angrily.

“You know I can’t do that Jarod.” She said as she walked closer, never taking her gun off him.

“Oh why not? Because I’m worth more alive than dead?”

“No.” She replied. “You know the answer to that one.”

“You wont admit what I know.” He said bitterly.

He was testing her. He was trying to make her angry, and from what he could see, it was working. “Admit what?” She growled as she suddenly grabbed him by the shirt collar and pushed him into the small out cove and to a wall. Her body was very close to his; he could feel her breath on his face. “That I love you.” As she said this, she moved in even closer and kissed him and each kiss there after giving was to more passion. Jarod fumbled around until he unbutton her jacket and placed his hands firmly on her lower back, pulling her even closer into him while she ran her hands through his hair.

Shorter kisses followed, in which Jarod found the opportunity, lost during their long breathless kisses, to speak.

“Parker,”

“I,”

“Love you.”

“I,”

“Always,”

“Have.”

“Never,”

“Leave,”

“Me.”

“Never.” She responded as she moved her hands down to the bottom of his shirt. With on quick movement they had successfully removed his shirt and continued kissing. Suddenly a loud noise rang out; Parker pulled back and her eyes fluttered open. It took a moment for Jarod to realize that she had been shot. As she began to fall, he reached out and caught her, easing her body to the floor. He pulled his hands out from under her; they were already covered with blood.

“Don’t die on me Parker, I need you.” He grabbed her hands while tears fell from his face; he knew there was nothing he could do to save her.

“I love you Jarod.” She whispered as she closed her eyes. He looked down at her; sobbing as the tears streaming down his face. Feeling as if his heart lay broken in a million peaces on the floor beside her.

“Grab him.” He heard a voice from behind him say as two sweepers quickly pulled him to his feet. “And depose of the body.”

“Lyle! You bastered. You killed her!” Jarod struggled but there was no way of breaking free.

Lyle smiled. “Oh, she’s probably not dead yet. I’ve always had a problem with my aim, always a little low. Oh well, take him away.”

“Parker!” Jarod shouted as two more sweepers moved in and began to wrap up her body. “Lyle I’ll kill you! Parker!” As the two men began to drag Jarod away, the room grew darker. “Parker!” He shouted once more as his eyes shot open. He was in bed, asleep.

A dream. He thought as he reached up and wiped a tear from his check.
Part 2 by The Injury Princess
Disclaimer: They're not mine but if I were a big important producer person, I’d buy the rights to the Pretender and do what I please with the characters! And then the day is mine... well... um... errr.. Never mind just disregard that last remark. BTW if you are a big important producer person don't sue I only make $5.15 an hour, it wouldn't be worth it.

Note: I love feed back so if you loved it or hated it, if you’ve got a second drop me an e-mail and tell me what you thought. Having just started college, I don’t have much time but if people like it, I’ll keep doing it!



Dreamland
part 2
By: The Injury Princess






“Jarod stop or I’ll shoot!” Parker Shouted but it only made Jarod run faster. Her pursuit lasted until Jarod lost her through a maze of turns, once she realized there was no use; she stopped to allow the sweepers to catch up.

“It’s ok Miss. Parker, there’ll be another day.” Sam said only a few steps behind her. “Look there are more than enough sweepers here we’ll catch him if he comes back. Why don’t you go home, you’ve had a rough day.”

“Maybe your right Sam.” She replied.

At Miss Parkers house, she tested the bathwater with her fingertips. “Good.” She sighed and threw her robe over the sink. Placing one foot in then the next as she slowly slid into the warm foamy water. Miss Parker let out a sigh, she almost felt relaxed. Resting her head back she gazed at the ceiling and was just about to close her eyes when she sensed some one in the room. “Jarod.” She said calmly, silently cursing that she had left her gun in the other room.

“Miss me?” He asked slyly.

“Maybe.” She answered deciding to play along with his little game of seduction, of course his nice black jeans, tight black T-shirt, and leather jacket just made it easier. He stood in the doorway looking at her for an extended moment.

“I came over to say I’m sorry for giving you the slip earlier.” His features turned apologetic as he removed his jacket.

“Really?” She said trying to keep her cool. Inside wondering what was going on in that genius mind of his.

“I thought if you weren’t busy maybe we could spend some quality time together.” Miss Parker raised an eyebrow, although secretly finding it hard to remain calm while defenseless and naked with Jarod in the room. “Want some company?” He asked as he placed his jacket over her robe and stood at the foot of the tub. Mss Parker was very intrigued, all the time she’d been tracking him she always harbored some attraction for him. He was the enemy but he was also only a man. “Say it Miss Parker.” Jarod instructed.

“Say what?’ She asked having no idea where he was going with this.

“Say pleases.” He answered. She smiled this may go against all the rules of the Centre but she didn’t care, she wanted Jarod not the Centre.

“Please.” She purred. This time it was his turn to smile.

“I always wanted to hear you beg for your life.” His seductive smile turned menacing as he reached into his back pocket and brought forth her gun and pointed it right at her. Pure hatred blared in his eyes. Miss Parker’s heart skipped several beats; she was unable to move fear had taken control of her entire body.

“Jarod, please!” She begged but he only seemed to ignore her.

“You shouldn’t leave your gun lying around like that!” The anger and pain built up through out his entire life seemed aimed down the barrel of the gun. With a swift and sudden movement, he pulled the trigger.

BANG!

Miss Parker jumped as Lyle entered the room. “Sleeping on the job again, sis? No wonder you can’t catch Jarod. Anyway, Dad wants to see you. Says it’s important. Oh and wash your face or something you look like death.” With that, Lyle turned and left her office letting the doors slam behind him again.

Some times, it doesn’t pay to get out of bed in the morning. She thought wearily.
Part 3 by The Injury Princess
Disclaimer: They're not mine but if I were a big important producer person, I’d buy the rights to the Pretender and do what I please with the characters! And then the day is mine... well... um... errr.. Never mind just disregard that last remark. BTW if you are a big important producer person don't sue I only make $5.15 an hour, it wouldn't be worth it.

Note: I love feed back so if you loved it or hated it, if you’ve got a second drop me an e-mail and tell me what you thought. Hey drop me a line and tall me who u think my next… errr victim should be. Heehee. J I still don’t know. Having just started college, I don’t have much time but if people like it, I’ll keep doing it!




Dreamland
part 3
By: The Injury Princess





“Very good Jarod.” A young Sidney said to the 12-year-old pretender. His task had been to create a sketch of a suspected kidnapper. Sidney had been pleased that Jarod was able to come up with a full facial in such a short period of time. The boy stood very still, staring up at him.

What is he thinking? Sidney wondered as he looked back down at the drawing in Jarod’s hands. To Sidney’s surprise, his own face replaced that of the kidnappers.

“Jarod, how…” Sidney began to ask angrily. Jarod did not have time to waist on things other than what he was assigned. But when he looked back down at the drawing the kidnapper was still there.

“What’s the matter Sidney?” The young boy asked innocently.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sidney walked through the abandoned warehouse, he wasn’t quite sure why he had come to this place, but he had this feeling that he would find Jarod here and that was enough for him. Something moved above him, it was moving fast. Outside. Jarod! Sidney ran out the door just in time to catch Jarod running for a set of stairs. Jarod stopped for a brief second to look over Sidney. But without warning, a car pulled up to Sidney and when the man got out Jarod bolted up the stairs.

“Jarod stop!” Mr. Parker Shouted.

“No way I’d sooner die then go back there!” Jarod shot back as he continued running up the stairs.

“Jarod you don’t understand, the fundings been pulled.” He shouted back.

Jarod stopped dead in his tracks and turn to face the older man. "What the hell? Don’t they understand how hard I’ve worked on this?” He asked angrily.

“They do Jarod they do, you’ve give them more than the results that they need there’s only so far you can test a mans emotions, you understand.” Mr. Parker assured.

Sidney watched silently, unable to form words, as the strange conversation took place. “Well what’s to become of us now?” Jarod asked.

“Oh don’t worry about it Jarod, there are many more projects that would prosper with a mind like yours. And as for your present project, well I guess we let him go. There’s nothing more we need from him.”

“Not before brainwashing I should hope, I wouldn’t want him to remember this, that’d just be to cruel.” Jarod said as he walked down to a landing.

“Of course Jarod he’s still you project we can take him back and release him in the morning.” Mr. Parker assured Jarod.

Just then, a car came to a screeching halt near them and Miss. Parker jumped out aiming her gun at Jarod.

“Catharine it’s over.” Jarod said with a smile.

“What did you call…” She hissed, as she ran towards him, but suddenly realized the full implications of what he had just said. “You… It’s over? No more pretending?” She lowered her gun.

“You got it.” He smiled.

“Do you know what this means?” Miss. Parker asked Jarod excitedly while running up the stairs to join him.

“No more evil pet names or practical jokes, we finally get to take our honeymoon to Fiji, and never being apart again.” Jarod listed as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

“I get to be Mrs. White!” She said ecstatically. “Not to mention Christmas at your parents house, you know how I hate to miss it.”

“Wait a minute!” Sidney shouted in response to all he had just witnessed, “What is going on?” He demanded.

“I’ll answer that one.” Lyle, who seemed to have come out of nowhere, said to Sidney. “Hey sis, catch.” He threw a ring box at her. Inside were two wedding bands, which she happily pulled out placing one on Jarod’s finger and the other on her own. “Tell me Sidney do you remember anything form your life before Jarod came to the Centre, or even anything before the Centre?” He paused. “I didn’t think so.”

“What are you talking about Lyle?” He asked

Jarod and Miss. Parker began to descend the stairs “Sidney you didn’t really think they’d r leave you to observe me? I mean I am the genius here. Not like pretending to be your little pet project all those years wasn’t fun.” Jarod said affectionately.

“They’re both very good actors.” A calm voice stated from behind Sidney. He turned around to find Broots standing there he seemed different. “Hey no more ice queen!” He laughed.

“Speak for yourself!” Miss. Parker said in true ice queen fashion, which was quickly followed by a happy grin. “You’ll never need to be the geeky nobody again.”

“Yeah, I’ve been acting so long I’ve forgotten how to be myself.” Broots responded smiling. “Well I think after all this time we deserve to celebrate.”

“Yes.” Jarod agreed. “How about we go back to the Centre, turn Sidney over to the guys on SL-13 and meet in my office for champagne.”

“Your what? What is going on? This can not be happening!” Sidney shouted. Just then, two Centre sweepers came up behind him and dragged him to a car.

Sidney struggled but he was in no shape to break from the grip of the sweepers, and to confused by what had just taken place. The sweepers pushed Sidney into the dark car and he kept falling until he hit the floor next to his bed!
Part 4 by The Injury Princess
Disclaimer: They're not mine but if I were a big important producer person, I'd buy the rights to the Pretender and do what I please with the characters! And then the day is mine... well... um... errr.. Never mind just disregard that last remark. BTW if you are a big important producer person don't sue I only make $5.60 an hour, it wouldn't be worth it. Oh yea I don't own any of the other stuff I mention in the story. As a side note I wish I had the money to buy Freakylinks so I could save it after its death in Fox's sci-fi death time slot. So there!

Note: There's a reference to the show Freakylinks. May it rest in peace! And some spoof remarks that get thrown back and fourth.



Dreamland
part 4
By: The Injury Princess





"Where the hell am I?" Parker shouted, as she walked into the room Sidney turned from the painting he'd been looking at on the far wall. "I haven't the slighted idea." He said taking a seat at the round table in the center of the room. Miss. Parker sat down on a couch which was surprisingly comfortable.

"Oh Miss. Parker." A deep voice called from her left. Miss. Parker jumped a little when she turned to see Jarod sitting next to her. "Jesus!" she shouted as she reached for her gun.

"No gun." He said, and he was right, there was no gun when she reached at her side.

"How did you...?" She asked puzzled.

"Just sit back and enjoy the show." Jarod replied as he leaned back to watch the stars. They danced and twinkled and made a magnificent light show.

"What is going on here?" Lyle yelled as he walked in to find a room full of people looking at the stars. "How did you all get here? Why are all you people looking at the stupid stars? How did I get here?"

"Calm down Lyle," Jarod suggested, "we're all just relaxing. We don't know how we got here but you don't see anyone else yelling and ruining the show now do you?"

Lyle looked around at Jarod, Miss. Parker, Sidney, Broots, Angelo, and many others that were all staring up into the sky. "Well then how the hell did I get thrown into this then?" Lyle demanded. "It looks like a good guy convention or something to me." Lyle looked around the room; his eyes fell on an unfamiliar face. "And who the hell is he?" Lyle shouted.

"Who me? Ah I'm just a freak along for the ride." Derek said and turned back to his laptop. Lyle sighed. "Relax, he's harmless, his show only lasted nine episodes." Miss. Parker laughed. "Hey we got five unaired, that's fourteen." Derek threw in but even he know it wasn't much of a come back. "Good luck getting Fox to air them." Broots laughed.

"At least I didn't get replaced be a movie night." Derek shot over at the group. "No. You got replaced by three other freaks with computers." Miss. Parker mocked. Derek, deciding that there was no further use fighting a losing battle, returned to his computer. Miss. Parker shook her head and sat back down on the couch next to Jarod.

"Well now what do we do?" Lyle asked. "OK the better question is how did we get up here?" Broots asked hurriedly. "What?' Miss. Parker asked looking around, sure enough they had some how been transported to atop of a large bridge. Jarod peered out over the edge. "Is that the statue of liberty?' He asked with a worried tone in his voice.

"This is all just one bad dream." Miss. Parker hissed. "Miss. Parker you may be on to something." Sidney said as he continued to sip his tea. "Sid, are you trying to say that this really is a dream?" Parker questioned. "Well I'm saying who's to say. I don't remember how I got here do you?" Sidney posed the question to the group they all nodded their heads no.

"Then I think the real question then should be whose dream is it." Jarod stated.

"Well it's not mine because I haven't shot anyone yet, and it isn't Broots because I'm still wearing all my cloths." Miss. Parker laughed and Broots blushed. "And it can't be mine because Rains is still alive, at least I think he is. Is he?" Sidney asked.

"Hey it's a dream remember anything can happen." Jarod said looking over at Miss. Parker, she turned and met his gaze. Jarod stared deeply into Miss. Parker's eyes; he leaned in to kiss her as she moved closer until their lips were just about to touch and they both froze as if they had both reached the same sudden epiphany.

"A shipper!" They said in unison. "A what?" Broots asked. "Let's just say it's someone who watches too much TV." Miss. Parker responded not really wanting to go into to much detail. "But what's worse," Jarod added in, "we've got a fan fiction writer on our hand."

"They irritate me." Lyle said gritting his teeth. "That's just because they only use you when they need an all propose bad guy. You usually don't get set up." Miss. Parker rolled her eyes in the direction of Jarod. "I don't mind fanfic writers that much." Derek shyly remarked from behind the pc monitor Miss. Parker gave him one of her Ice Queen death glairs and returned her focus back to her cup of tea. "So who's dreaming?" Broots asked still puzzled.

"It couldn't be." Jarod thought aloud looking over at Miss. Parker who knew instantly what he was implying. "Of course it could." She replied annoyed. "Does she ever give it a rest?" Jarod asked. "No. The less time she spends writing the more time she spends dreaming about writing." Miss. Parker added angrily.

"Come on Fawn, wake up!" She shouted towards the sky. "Who?" Lyle asked thinking they had all gone crazy.

"The dreamer." Jarod answered him. "Fawn,

~~~~~~

“Fawn."

"Phone." Nicole said looking down at her roommate, who had been face down in a textbook with her keyboard on her lap, asleep. "Huh?" Fawn asked groggily. "It's Jen." Nicole replied handing over the phone and leaving the room.

"Hey," said the voice on the other end of the phone, "caught you drooling in your history book didn't I?" She asked mockingly.

"Yes, no! I had the coolest dream! I wrote a pretender fanfic and it was great. It was all about dreams. I wrote three different parts with the characters' greatest fears! Jarod lost Miss. Parker to the Centre, Miss. Parker became the hunted, and Sidney became the lab rat and I..."

"Whoa, girl, hold on." Jen broke in to the fast passed rambling. "College is that fun that you miss your fanfic?" She laughed. "I guess you've got a point." Fawn laughed as well. "Besides you know you don't have time for that any more any way. You know, on to bigger and better things like your dad says." Jen added.

"Yea. I wish I had enough time though. It was a pretty good idea."


THE END
This story archived at http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/viewstory.php?sid=3497