Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

DISCLAIMER:- in pt 1

AUTHOR'S NOTE:- I know I said the final part will be out this week, and this was part of the final part, but the rest of it kinda got lost. It might be out on Saturday if I find time. But here's this part anyway. Thanks soooo much KB for all your help!

I don't think this is one of the best parts, sorry I've been working all day and I forced myself to write it. I know you shouldn't do that, but oh well someone might like it. And I'm gonna stop rambling now. So here's the story.





DELUSIONS
PART 18
by Krystal McDermott




>Krystal's POV

I wake up to find the house a buzz with activity. How people can bring themselves to get out of bed before nine o'clock in the morning is still a mystery to me, although I suppose if I actually went to bed sometime before 2 am it would be a lot easier. I'm guessing from the hive of activity that KB's big plan is coming into action, and after she explained it to me again last night I finally understand it, completely.......I think. I don't hold a great deal of confidence in our ability to pull it off, but I understand it, which is the main thing...........help!

We're all going to hike on up to Sydney. I'm going to use an ATM card Jarod has set up specially for me in my name, to book into a hotel, which hopefully Lyle and his little minions will stumble upon and come bounding down here as fast as they can. Yeah, the one time I actually have enough money in my account to book into a flash hotel, Lyle and his merry men will be a hop, skip and a jump behind. Anyway enough winging back to the plan. There they'll find me at Luna Park sitting down to a peaceful dinner of fish and chips (It was either fish and chips or a hotdog. There's not a great deal of variety at theme parks and a bread roll with a concoction of God knows what slapped in the middle and covered with tomato sauce did not exactly tempt me). Then I'll spot them (the muscle and the missing thumb) heading towards me (well actually Debbie will tell me through a wire that I'll be wearing that they're on there way) and then I'll run, run, run as fast as I can to the hall of mirrors, which in all honesty will be directly behind me (I wasn't going to take any chances now). There the real fun shall begin. After a twisted game of hide and seek, Jarod, Miss P, Sydney, Michael, Andrea, Patrick, Jon, KB and I (that's quite a mouthful) should have Lyle cornered, all with the help of Broots and Debbie who'll be monitoring the area via computer surveillance, tracking devices and hidden microphones. Cool hey? I can finally live out my 'wannabe spy' dream.

Here we'll proceed to give Lyle heart failure by telling him that I am his daughter and he *really* should reconsider following the Centre's orders to kill me. Hopefully, well at least according to the plan Lyle should see the error of his ways and decide to jump ship and bat for our team, but I'm skeptical to say the least that Lyle will have a sudden change of heart. So I've enlisted the help of Sydney. If Jarod was hypnotised once so as portions of his life could be erased, why can't Lyle be? Blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda, we'll have a *lot* of explaining to do to the people at Luna Park, but that's just a dot on the horizon right now and I'll leave that part up to Jarod anyway, he's the one always saying he has a nack with people. Oh and the most important part, after our little tour of the theme park is finally over, Jarod has promised me that we will all be heading out to a private air strip just outside of Sydney, where his friends will be waiting with my family and if all goes well Lyle will be warm and welcoming towards them. As long as he doesn't suggest that we all go out to a Chinese restaurant to celebrate, I'll be fine. Yes, I'll just keep telling myself that....

"Good you're up!" Jarod comes bursting into the room with an assortment of what I can only refer to as 'gadgets' in his arms. Plonking them down on the bed he throws open the curtains and begins talking to me excitedly. I'm vaguely aware that he's talking in English, only because I recognise a few words here and there, like 'the' and 'and', but other than that I'm just falling back on the old smile and nod trick. I'm suddenly aware that he's stopped talking and is now looking at me with a bemused smile.

"What?" I ask slightly confused

"You weren't listening to a word I said were you?"

"No it's not that I wasn't listening" I state in all honesty. "It's just that, I did not understand a word of what you said, give or take a few 'then' and 'so's" He shakes his head and laughs. I think sometimes he forgets he's just 'slightly' smarter than the rest of the us.

"OK, ok exactly how much of it did you understand?"

"Well, and please remember I'm putting this in my terms now. The first part I got, about wearing the wire, don't let it get too hot and also it can't get too cold either and to be careful cos the battery pack will heat up after a while so try not to let it touch my skin and also if the reception gets a little scratchy at times don't worry it's just because the frequency from the rides nearby interferes with the signal. Yadda, yadda, yadda you were doing some kind of demonstration as to how to wear the thing, which you'll need to do again at the hotel when we get there because at that stage I really was getting lost because you started talking about electromagnetic fields or something like that and I switched out. And before you ask, yes I do science but biochemistry, not physics or whatever that stuff is covered in. Besides I don't think they teach us the art of evading psychotic men who work for secret organisations in school. I hear the job doesn't pay all that highly." I stop talking and take a breath. God I can ramble on, can't I?

He grins smugly "I don't know about that. I do quite well for myself"

I laugh, he's got a good point there. Electronically transferring funds from a large company's bank account to your own could be quite profitable.

"Jarod! Krystal! There you both are! Come on, hurry up, the plan leaves in just over an hour!" KB leaves as quickly as she came dashing into her room to make sure everything is in order before we leave and her parents return.

"Guess I better change out of my pyjamas then hey?" I ask, turning to face Jarod. He rolls his eyes and shakes his head before heading down the hall after KB.

Half an hour later, we're all assembled in the lounge room for our final 'debriefing' in Melbourne and what can only be called a roll call.

"Right, we have Jarod, Sydney, Broots, Miss Parker, Debbie, Krystal, Michael, Andrea, Patrick, Jon and myself, good everyone's here. The plan leaves at ten thirty, that gives us just under forty five minutes. Great. The taxis will be here in five minutes, when they arrive Jarod, Michael, Sydney and Patrick can you guys load the bags into the boot? Miss Parker, you used to be a cleaner, can you make sure there is absolutely no trace of anyone except me having been here? My parents will be back this afternoon. Broots and Jon, can you both log into the Centre mainframe and make sure that there are going to be no little surprises awaiting us when we arrive in Sydney? Debbie can you double check that we have all the surveillance equipment with us and make sure it is all in order? Finally Krystal, can you take this phone here, dial this number and call in a bomb threat?"

My eyes dart about the room, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one shocked by that last request. It appears the only person other than KB to be aware of this aspect of the plan is Jarod.

"Excuse me? Did you just say bomb threat?" Debbie asks in disbelief from where she was standing between Broots and myself.

"Sure did"

I glance at Miss Parker, who looks at Sydney, who turns to Broots, who glances down at Debbie, who looks back at me.

"Huh?" All five of us say at once. KB shakes her head in frustration.

"Must you always question everything I do?"

"Well no, but....... a bomb threat!" I say incredulously.

"Actually, it was my idea" Jarod pipes up and all eyes sudden turn on him.

"We needed a distraction for the local authorities and we also needed the area cleared so as not to draw too much attention to ourselves and to evacuate any civilians just in case things got a little out of hand." His last comment does very little for my already lacking confidence in the whole plan.

"And what better way to say hey there's nothing funny going on here, than announcing a bomb threat!?" Miss Parker states sarcastically. KB nods in agreement.

"My sentiments exactly, but Jarod seems to think it's a good idea, so here you go Krystal time's a wasting" she states handing me the phone, a grin the Cheshire cat would be proud of spreading across her face.

"O..K..." I manage to say, still a little taken aback. "And what exactly do you say when you call in a bomb threat? Where is the bomb anyway?" I can't believed I just asked that! I'm going to go through with this? I'll be......well I'll be like a criminal? The term like father like daughter jumps to mind, but I quickly push that aside. There's no way I'm eating people pies. Bluck!

"Bradfield Park" Jarod answers my second question.

"Why Bradfield Park? Why not the Olympic Swimming Complex? It's right next door, you have to walk through Luna Park to get inside."

"Yes, but Bradfield Park is also next door, it's a larger area for the authorities to cover and it's directly beneath the Sydney Harbor Bridge, so they would have to shut off the entire area" He takes the phone from KB and hands it to me. I can't believe, I'm going to do this.

"Wait, wait, wait, you didn't answer my other question. What on earth do I say?"

"Hmmmm let me think on that one. How about there's a bomb" Miss Parker states dryly. I give her a cold smile and begin to dial the number. I don't even know who it is I'm calling.

"Hi, can I please speak to whoever is in charge there? Thanks. Ummmm who's calling? Just tell them it's an old friend with some news. Thank you" I look up to see everyone staring at me and I quickly cover the bottom end of the phone. "What?"

"Hi, there, please, can I please speak to whoever is in charge, please. Thank you." Miss Parker imitates in a sugary sweet voice.

"Oh I do not sound like that. Besides I always speak this way on the phone." Suddenly I'm aware of a deep voice on the other end of the line. "Oh sorry, yes I'm still here. I'm just calling to inform you that there just may possibly be a.....a bomb planted in Bradfield Park" I rush out quickly.

"I don't take kindly to prank callers Miss" is the gruff reply on the other end.

"No, no, no this isn't a prank, I really do have reason to believe that there is a bomb in Bradfield Park.....................I can't tell you that, all I know is there is a bomb there somewhere and the area should be evacuated, all of it. I'm talkin' Sydney Harbor Bridge, the Olympic pool, of course the park itself, and Luna Park, definitely Luna Park..............How, should I know?! Like a bomb, sticks of dynamite and stuff, little buttons and a big ticking clock................No I do...hang on a minute" I look at Jarod only to see him shaking his head, damn it! "No, no apparently I don't want any money........nothing, just clear the area, it's dangerous, OK........yes......no.....ummmmm no I can activate it by remote.....yeah.....really?.......no I didn't know that.......7 yea........" Miss Parker suddenly snatches the phone out of my hand and hangs up.

We arrive in Sydney at about quarter past eleven. There is absolutely no need to hail a cab, because as soon as Miss Parker, Andrea, Jarod, Michael, Broots, Jon, Sydney and Patrick step out on the curb five immediately screech to a halt. I suppose it's not everyday you see four sets of twins wondering around together. Jarod waves the other two taxis away, and all eleven of us climb into the remaining three. Andrea directs our driver towards the Sir Stamford hotel and we are on our way.




TBC....

Feedback please.
little_miss_krystal@hotmail.com