Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

DISCLAIMER:- Oh, and for the people who were really upset (you know who you were!) -I could say sorry but you'd probably die of shock!




DELUSIONS
PART 11
by Krystal McDermott




Krystal's POV

I think I'm gonna cry. How could I have let this happen? My poor little shipper heart has been shattered. I was OK with it when it was just a crush, when Jarod hadn't done anything about it. Everybody has crushes on different people at one time or another, they last for a few days maybe a couple of weeks, they're harmless, but now...Well he just kissed her for crying out loud! Ahhh! It's not fair! I stamp my foot on the ground and fold my arms. I know it's the sort of thing you expect a two-year-old to do, but who cares, this is a time of crisis I can throw a tantrum if I want! Sydney, Broots and Miss Parker eye me strangely. Hmmm I wonder if Miss Parker got her 9mm back yet. No Krystal, that is a little extreme.

"D...did...he...Jarod just kiss her?" Broots says shocked. Although from the grin on his face I can tell his completely happy about it. Why wouldn't he be with Jarod out of the way he may just have a chance with Miss Parker? Yeah right.

"Oh, way to state the obvious Brootsie! Lose any more hair trying work that one out." I snap at him. Miss Parker turns away from the keyhole to look at me. I can tell she's slightly shocked by my outburst and Broots looks a little hurt.

"I'm sorry," I mutter. "I'm not mad at you at all Broots. I'm mad at *Jarod*. How could he?" Why is it he can fall for a woman within a couple of days, but can't see he's been in love with a lady he's know since he was a child! Some genius! Oh I think I'm going to be sick. You know what's even worse. I like KB. She's a nice person, but...Ahhhhhh! He still belongs with Miss Parker and nothing is ever going to change that. Nothing! I don't care if I have to handcuff them together and leave them on a deserted island. I will get them to admit that they love each other! I overhear Jarod saying something about being in love with KB. Grrr. I stamp my foot on the ground again and storm off to my room, slamming the door shut behind me. Stupid Jarod. Stupid, stupid Jarod. I plonk myself down on the bed and stare out the window. Humph. I take out a pen and paper and begin to write. Stupid Jarod.

After about an hour or so there's a gentle knock on the door. "Come in Sydney" I call out wearily.

"How did you guess?" he says warmly. Why does he have to be so nice? How is anyone supposed to stay in a bad mood?

"Well it's 5pm so Broots no doubt will be in the lounge room watching the Crocodile Man special on TV. Miss Parker may be smart but she hasn't quite grasped the concept of knocking yet and Jarod is...well I'm guessing you know that story because why else would you be here?" I try to sound annoyed but I can't keep up the act and I smile warmly at Sydney.

"Yes I heard about Jarod and Katherine. I know you wanted Miss Parker and Jarod to be together, but it's too soon Krystal. Miss Parker has to figure out her own life before she can commit to a life with somebody else. Also Jarod hasn't had a lot of love in his life. Katherine is good for him. You understand don't you?" I nod my head in agreement. I suppose he was right. Anyway for all I know Jarod could still turn out to be Miss Parker's brother. Ewww. The Centre does some sick things but incest. Surely they draw the line somewhere. Yeah Krystal and pigs fly.

With that said Sydney gets up to leave. I feel much better now. He has a way of putting things in to perspective.

"Oh, hang on Sydney. Where's Miss Parker?"

"She wasn't feeling well and decided to lay down for a while and take a..."

"Yes, well how could I not feel sick after seeing that disgusting display of emotion between Jarod and Katherine?" Miss Parker states as she barges in. Like I said, she's smart but the skill of knocking still alludes her. Sydney excuses himself and leaves the room.

"Yes Miss Parker? Come to chat about what happened earlier I guess?"

"No. Not exactly. Broots is watching some lunatic on TV, Sydney just left and Jarod's *busy* with Katherine" she states, although her tone was a little bitter towards the end there.

"Is that jealousy I hear in your voice?"

"Don't even..." she warns

"OK, OK, don't go there, I get the picture. Well there must have been some reason you came to visit," I say trying to change the subject. She looks a little tense. I know, I know she always looks tense, but worse than usual so I don't want to push it.

"I told you before, I was bored," she states casually.

"Oh you're bored, so you decided to pay me a visit because you had nothing better to do. Well don't I feel privileged." I say with mock excitement. She glares at me, but I can see the hint of a smile forming at the corners of her mouth.

"You know what I meant. So what are you writing?" She asks and to my surprise she sounds genuinely interested. There's a first, she must really be bored.

"Just a story about a woman who's been tortured all her life. Everyone she's ever trusted has hurt her in someway or another. So now she hurts others before they hurt her. Only problem is she can't tell who are her enemies and who are her friends and she can't admit when she's in love. Tragic really." I sigh and I have to bite my lip to stop from smiling.

"Tortured, was I?" she asks coldly.

"Who ever said I was talking about you?" I say innocently. She glares at me slightly, but still comes and sits down beside me so as she can read what I've written so far.

"This isn't going to be a shipper story is it?"

"Are you kidding? With you, Jarod, Katherine and Broots here? And after what just happened? I may be crazy but I don't have a death wish!" Uh oh did I just say Broots? She doesn't know about Broots, does she? Oh, I hope she didn't notice.

"That's a shame really," she sighs "After all, I know all the inside information on Jarod and I. I could have helped out, given you something to go with." Phew she didn't notice. Hang on, did she just say what I think she said? It's a shame? But...Oh my God! The shipper in me takes over again. I'm probably over reacting but who cares. She wanted me to write a shipper story!!!

"Krystal!" she snaps her fingers in front of my face, bringing me back to reality. "I changed a couple of sentences, just to make it sound more like me." She starts to venture towards the door, but just as she's leaving she calls out "Oh by the way, Broots doesn't like to be called Brootsie. He prefers Puff Daddy." As the door closes I hear her burst out laughing. I can't help it and I crack up too, almost falling off the edge of the bed. So she did know about Broots.

KB'S POV