Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: Don't own The Pretender, please don't sue me, the only thing I have in my pockets right now is a mars bar wrapper, so you won't get much. I don't own the song either,it's called 'Dance With You' and it's by Live.



Dance With You
by Krystal McDermott








sittin' on the beach
the island king of love
deep in fijian seas
deep in some blissful dream
where the goddess finally sleeps
in the lap of her lover
subdued in all her rage
and I am aglow with the taste of the demons driven out
and happily replaced with the presence of real love
the only one who saves


I reach out to touch her, to feel her soft, delicate skin, to test that this is real and not just some blissful dream. My hand doesn't pass through her like I expect it to, she doesn't disappear, instead her hand wraps around my own, reassuringly. It's hard to believe that after all those years of torture and pain, here we are finally at peace, resting in each others arms rather than trying to escape some grotesque nightmare.

'As much as we both like to deny it, you and I are just pieces of the same puzzle''And quite a grotesque little puzzle it's turned out to be'

All those years we spent searching for someone to love, for someone to love us, only to find that that person had been in front of us the entire time.

'How did we end up like this?'
'Like what?'
'Alone. It's ironic because we're both searching for the same thing'
'And what's that?'
'Someone to care about, someone to care about us'


She stirs and my arms tighten around her instinctively. I know that the Centre can harm us no longer. I know that we are safe, that together we took care of the Centre so that they can never hurt anyone ever again. Justice was done.

'I'm going to wait until they think it's all forgotten. Find out who did this and make them pay'

Softly the music floats upon the breeze and down the beach. I close my eyes and open them again slowly, taking in every sight, every sound. The warm, golden sand flows on beneath us. The waves rise and fall and rush up upon the sand, pausing briefly before they slip back out to sea and carry on with their endless journey. The palm leaves rustle in the breeze, speaking an ancient language that nature seems to understand. A bird glides through the sky, free from all worries as it soars high above the earth, watching over all. The salty air fills my lungs and I am over come with a sense of belonging.

I wanna dance with you
I see a world where people live and die with grace
the karmic ocean dried up and leave no trace
I wanna dance with you
I see a sky full of the stars that change our minds
and lead us back to a world we would not face


I feel the warmth of the sun upon my skin and I remember the days when all I could do was dream about the warmth of the sun on my face. I read about it in books, heard about it from Sydney and even pretended to feel it in simulations but, to actually be experiencing it for myself is one of the greatest gifts I could ever hope to receive. The Centre took away my childhood, but they gave me hope, passion and her, the most precious gift in the world. It's just a shame that we had to fight a deadly battle to find our freedom. Why?

'To control us. For me it was my parents, my brother......and you, your mother, and now Thomas'

She rests her head against my chest and closes her eyes peacefully. My one regret is that I can't freeze this moment in time, that we can't stay like this forever, safe in each others arms, finally able to relax, finally able to love.

sittin' on the beach
the island king of love
deep in fijian seas
deep in the heart of it all
where the goddess finally sleeps
after eons of war and lifetimes
she smilin' and free, nothin' left
but a cracking voice and a song, oh lord.


I open my eyes and look around my dark room. The sun has disappeared, the salty air is dry and musty, my arms are empty and cold, and my heart is aching with loneliness.

I wanna dance with you
I see a world where people live and die with grace
the karmic ocean dread up and leave no trace
I wanna dance with you
I see a sky full of the stars that change our minds
and lead us back to a world we would not face.

'How did we end up like this?'
'Alone'
'War is that what this is?'
'To control us'
'Don't stop searching for those missing pieces Miss Parker or you'll
never find what you're looking for'
'Someone to care about, someone to care about us'
'I'm gonna stand here and remember all the good things I had'
'They killed them all and for what'
'To control us'
'Alone'
'Alone'


Alone I sit here on the beach, somewhere in the fijian seas. I watch the waves roll up on the sand, I breath in the fresh, salty air, and I listen to the palm leaves rustle in the breeze. Alone. How did I end up like this?



feedback at : little_miss_krystal@hotmail.com