Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc.and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.
Author’s note : This is a short vignette about MP/J friendship. I just wish a Merry Christmas to the planet of TP silly fans.




SILVER
by M N





_What?

_Can i talk to you in private?

_What’s broken in your head Jarod? You know damn well ( and don’t gloat ) that generally i’m alone at two in the morning....

_I know that, but i don’t want to talk to Parker!

_?? Do you know that drugs are illegal Jarod?

_I’d rather talk to Parker actually. Parker was so pissed that she tried something else.

_Well, guess i’m gonna ask her if she wants to talk with you. By the way who calls?

_J J for Just Jarod. * who lobotimized him??*

_It’s me Jarod. Parker. It’s not that i want especially to pinpoint that it is two in the Morning but Parker and I would love to sleep.

_Since when do you think you’re two person Parker? You’re in a dangerous state of mind tonight. This time it was Jarod teasing tone.

_Go and play in the blender Jarod.

_Remember the Centre wants me alive

_Preferably.

_But i wouldn’t mind playing « blending-lyle-last-four-fingers »

_Jarod !!! You’re talking about my brother!!

_Don’t play saint with me i know you’re thinking about blending not only his hand but his face too...

_You’re a pretender! I cannot hide from you.

_You’re sarcastic.

_You see?!Well what was this call about?

_You know .. it is Christmas soon..

_Looks like eastern period to me...

_I ‘m trying to be serious Parker.

_Sorry! Go ahead

_Well, i’m not sure anymore! You’ll laugh about it!

_And?

_OK, i thought maybe this year we could offer each other something. The revolution being you for once: giving me a gift. And i can feel your sarcastics waves from here Parker: i thought you were good at hiding your feelings.

_Not when i want the other to know what i feel.

_Please Parker: i don’t ask something huge: and i promise that i will offer you something without any cryptical message on it or having a links with the Centre and it’s mysteries. It will be a REAL gift.. for christmas and for you.

_I think it’s no wonder such twisted ideas pop ups in your mind sometimes: after all you grew at silly house.

_Just like you!!!!! So we have a deal?

_Well...

_Oh come on!! There is nothing bad against it! Besides it will cheer my christmas: it is not like i received many gifts in my entire life. And aren’t you curious to know what i would offer you??? And don’t answer no i know this ISN’T true Miss Parker smiled inwardly: he was damn right.

_All right. But there is one problem: i need an adress to send the gift to... And i don’t think you’re willing to share it...

_Well Here come the other idea i got.

_I fear the worst.

_Nah!!! You know me!

_That’s why you moron!

_I thought i was wonder boy?

_That’s mean pretty the same to me.

_Oh!

_So your idea?

_Easy: we just meet. It will be our one and only truce day.

_Jarod, is that Cocke or LSD ? Do you see pink rabbits too?

_Ah AH AH . So you don’t DARE.....

_This is not a question of daring! I’ve been chasing you for four years and you mean FREEDOM to me.. and you want me to miss the chance?????????I’m sure if you were me: you wouldn’t either!!!!

_I couldn’t show up at all!! How you are !!!! How ungrateful you are.

_Ungateful to what?? Having just enough time to see your back and then... Gone?????

_If it’s my face you miss i can send you a photograph.

_Thanks but i’ve got one permanently in my wallet

_Well that honour me!

_Of course there is no romantical stuff about it....

_As if i didn’t know!!

_We never know!!

_Listen: if you’re passing this christmas all alone again because your father turns you up. Then we meet.

_That’s not fair.

_I know!! So do you DARE?

_Why is it me who need to dare??

_Hey: I dare to meet: i’m playing with my freedom!! Isn’t that enough for you?

_At christmas day?

_Why not at christmas eve?

_Jarod!

_Well you’ll be alone!! Me too! So instead of playing the miserable one in our respective corners we could play it together!

_I’m not dating with you!

_This is no date!!!!!!! THIS IS THE I-GIVE-YOU-MY-GIFT-NIGHT!No more no less.

_Finally i prefered your first state of mind, when you wanted to talk to Parker and not to Parker.... You were saner.

_I take that for a yes.

_No. OK for a meeting. But not the christmas eve.

_All right! What about a beach of Blue cove...

_And why not the one just beside the Centre!!!!

_Come on! There is plenty of shores! I’ll send you the map once you confirmed me that you’re fahter is busy for christmas! And remember: you have now: four days to find me a gift.... And he hung up.

_Great!!!

*****************************************

Jarod was just sitting in front of the ocean. Sand was escaping from his hands. Parker joined him and stopped only when her knees were touching Jarod’s back. Jarod turned and seeing Parker from below he decided he didn’t like that so he stood up.

_Merry christmas! Parker!

_You don’t like it when i’m taller do you?

_Whose man loves that ? He defended himself.
Parker smiled and shook her head.

_So let’s both sit!

_How was your last week? Seeing Miss Parker glare he added:

_Why i shouldn’t be asking that?? I think that’s pretty what normal people ask!

_Yes but normal people don’t play hunter and hunted!

_Luckily i have another question in store!

_How wonderful.

_Was it hard?

_What?

_To find me a gift....

_Not really! This came to me as a necessity..

_Really??? Jarod curiosity was growing.

_And you?

_I must say i had to rack my brain....I hesitated for a while between a kit for cross stitch and what i finally bought you know! Parker just threw an handfull of sand to him.

_There is an ocean around: wet enough to soak you. So stop playing fool....

_Well: Here Parker: Merry christmas! And he handed her a jewerly box. She took it, unwrapped it, and opened it.
Inside was lying a silver chain. But an engraved silver chain. Her name. Celine Parker.

_I know this is not like you’ll be able to wear it often... But, i thought it fitted you... I..Parker felt he was worried about her next reaction.

_That’s beautiful Jarod. I do love it. Jarod eyes expressed joy.

_I’m glad Parker. Can you wear it today? Parker looked at him.

_All right. Please attach it. And she handed him her arm and the chain. Jarod was somewhat surprised but accepted happily.

Parker wanted to laught at Jarod’s concentrating face while executing her order. His fingers were slightly touching her skin. There were both surprised by the sensation they felt.

_My turn i guess! And Jarod soon enough was (too) opening a jewerly box. But it was a silver watch he saw.

_Turn it. There is something engraved too.

_Well: at least we know that we have common taste about silver and engraving things he kidded. They smiled. Jarod read at loud:

To my Boy wonder. ~P~

Jarod smiled even wider! Parker will be always Parker!! And he liked this Parker.

_I love it too Parker especially this engravement!

_There is a card going with it too.. she said innoncently.

HE read it:

This watch keep in mind two schedules: I fixed one at Blue cove hour, the other you can change it wherever you are going that way you won’t have any good excuses to wake me up at two in the morning because of your silly call.

_How nice!! I understand now why you saw it as a necessity!

And they finished their meeting by a sandy fight and a cat and mouse run on the beach.

THE END.