Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Love Letters - Part 4
By Stefi


Jarod stared the door for a moment. Then he grabbed the handle and turned it with steadiness. This time he would have managed talking to her. He wouldn't have let her go away without making things clear. Parker was there, leaning against the wall, her arms crossed over her chest.

(Not an encouraging attitude) thought Jarod.

"Well?" asked Parker "Will it take a long time?"

"No. Please, have a seat."

"I'm okay here."

Jarod sighed. Definitively, Parker didn't want to make things easier.

"Have you read my letters?" He whispered. Parker nodded. "What do you think about it?"

It was Parker's turn to sigh. "That you are crazy. All this is... crazy!"

Jarod looked at her "Why?"

"Why?!? And you're asking it, too!"

"Yes! I'm asking. Why?" She shook her head, with exasperation. Jarod insisted "Give me one reason"

"The Centre! Did you forget about them?"

"No. What else?"

"Isn't it enough? Do you know what could happen if someone, there, found out your letters, your... " She took a step back, avoiding his eyes "Your... feelings... "

Jarod took a step, getting him closer to her and smiled. "You didn't tell them, right? It seems to be you the one who forgot the Centre." Parker took another step back. Jarod took another one forward. "What about yours, Parker?"

She looked confused "Mine... what?"

"Feelings." He moved even closer, imprisoning her in the corner. Parker felt herself caught in a trap. Her eyes searched frantically for a way out. Jarod saw her fear and in his head, Sammy's voice remembered him [Be kind. She's scared]

"I would never hurt you, Parker." He whispered "Don't be afraid. Please, not of me." He reached for her cheek and brushed it gently but Parker escaped from his hand. "I love you, don't you see it?" He tried again.

She saw it. In his eyes, in his voice. Parker didn't think anymore he was kidding her. She knew he loved her. But...

"No." She shook her head.

"Parker... "

"No, Jarod. No. It's impossible."

His distressed look broke her heart. But Parker had to be strong.

"You really hate me." He stated quietly. Her heart was crying with despair, but Parker ignored it. She was the master at this.

"I don't hate you. It's only that... you're asking me... something... I can't give you."

"You can't or you won't?"

"I CAN'T!" She filled with rage. To be a genius, he was really stupid, sometimes! Why couldn't he leave her alone, simply?

And why was he smiling in that way, now?

"It means... " He began. "That... if you could... you would do it... to love me... "

Parker frowned. Did she say that? "I didn't mean anything like this!" She tried to defend herself.

"And what did you mean, then?" asked Jarod, his arms crossed. "Parker, why is it always so hard, for you, talking about what you feel? I'm asking a simple question, it's enough a -yes- or a -no- from your part. Instead, you seem unable to give me an answer. Why?"

Parker gave him an incredulous look. "Ah, you call this -a simple question- ?"

"Uh-uh" He said and waited.

"Do you mind?" she pushed him aside. "I need some space!"

Jarod stroked his chest where Parker had pushed with her usual roughness. His heart was singing and dancing.

(Be patient, Jarod. With patience, you'll reach your goal!) He thought. Maybe this time would be the right one! Hell, she didn't even aim the gun on him!

Parker was tidying her hair. It had been a mistake to come here. The best thing to do, now, was open up the door and close it on the whole affair. Right now!

"Have you done?" Jarod's voice took her by surprise.

"Done... what?"

He looked at her, a little puzzled. Parker seemed out of line.

"My question, Parker. Asked just a second ago, remember?" She still didn't answer. To close the whole affair! Ah! Jarod would have never left her alone. Crazy!

"Supposing... I'd answer... yes... " She stared at him. "Then? What happens, then?"

Jarod thought the faster he could.

(Keep cool, my heart!) "Ah... nothing! I mean... nothing you... would have to worry! Ah... " Parker looked disgusted. How could a genius changing himself into a blabbing geek?

She rubbed her closed eyes, sighing. "God!" She muttered. "I'm in love with a perfect idiot!"

"Excuse me?"

"Never mind." She stopped him. "Nothing to worry, uh?" Jarod nodded eagerly. "And... what could be this... nothing?"

DANGER!!! BE CAREFUL, JAROD!

"I told you, nothing. I mean... "

Parker had a short, dry laugh. "I knew it. You mean... ?"

"Well, you know... only... the things... lo-lovers do... "

Parker's eyes narrowed. "Things lovers do? Explain to me, Jarod. What kind of things do we have to do?"

His face passed through many looks. "Ah... don't know... things like... bah, a... kiss? Maybe?" Her eyes narrowed even more.

Jarod hurried to add "We already kissed once."

"We were children."

"I know, I know. And I never forgot how your lips taste. I... I would like to know... if anything has changed."

Parker nodded with her fake, freezing smile. "Nothing else? Only a kiss?"

"Well... " He started to say, blushing till his ears "... I would like... so much... more, you know?"

Parker opened her mouth. Then she closed it. Then she exploded. "You're really CRAZY!"

"WHY? It's natural, I mean... I love you, then it's logical I... I would like to... to hold you and... kiss you and... " He moved his hand in the air, swallowing "...all the rest. You are the one crazy! What kind of men do you mix with? It seems almost you never received an advance."

"You keep on telling me nonsense! You talk as if we could have a life together, like any other people. But we are NOT like the others!"

"Are you saying we have to be alone? No, Parker, I don't accept it! I love you and I want to stay with you!"

"And the Centre? Do you really believe they'll let us be free to live our lives? I don't!"

"Together we could do it! Parker, please, listen to your heart-"

"No! No, Jarod! I will NOT listen to my heart anymore. People die when I do it!" Parker went to the door, but Jarod stopped her.

"And you'll let the Centre to use your life forever?"

Parker was furious, now. "But what do you think? That I like living this way, without a single hope, watching all the people I love going away or dying? I'm tired to be the one left alone, crying and mourning! I'm tired to pretend not to care for anyone! But I have to do it because people die if I let someone come too close to me! And I don't want anyone else to die for my fault!" Parker took a long breath. "Jarod, stay away from me. Please, I don't... Stay away!"

"I can't." he stated quietly.

"Jarod-"

"No. Now it's my turn to talk. I know well what the Centre did to you, to us. They took away our past, they play with our present, we can't let them to destroy our future. I will not permit!" Parker sighed and closed her eyes, too tired to argue again. Jarod caressed her cheek "And I will protect you. You are my future, Parker. So, don't tell me to stay away. I can't. I know you feel confused, scared but... don't push me away. Tell me to wait. I'll wait. I've been waiting since we were children, twenty-five years, I can wait all the time you need. But please, don't tell me to stay away... "

He bent his head, trying to kiss her but she managed to avoid him. "No, please... it's impossible... "

Jarod sighed. "What do you want me to do? Do you want me on my knees, begging you?" His voice became a whisper. "Do you want me back at the Centre? I'll do it if it's this that you want."

Parker stared him, almost horrified. "But what are you saying? You are-"

"Crazy, yes. You already said this. I'm crazy, crazy for you. I'll come back to the Centre, I'll do SIM's and everything they want, I don't care, as long as you become again the one you were... I want again that little girl... who loved me... because you loved me, then!" and he slammed his fist into the wall.

"There's no little girl, Jarod, no more"

"No, it isn't true. She's still there, I know it, I can see her..."

(Oh God, he's serious!) "And do you think... she... would allow you to do such thing?" She asked. "Coming back would be your death, Jarod, and I... don't want another death on my conscience. Better away but alive!" She opened the door and rushed out.

Jarod sat slowly on the bed, hearing the sound of her heels going away.

Stopping.

Coming back.

The door burst open and Jarod found himself knocked down on the bed, as a wild, passionate Parker attacked him with the most violent kiss he'd ever experienced.

The poor man realized only her lips and tongue and teeth, her scent and warmth through the clothes, her body glued on him. But before Jarod could connect enough to do something, she stood up and went to the door.

"Wait... " He mumbled "... where... what... "

"Not a word, Wonderboy!"

"Just a moment!" but he was talking to the closed door. Jarod felt like his mind had melted, his lips were burning and his body...well, let's say he needed a cold shower, better if was with ice, instead of water! He fell down again on the bed, still panting.

"Oh, my God!" That one wasn't a kiss. It was an attempted murder! By suffocation!

"Oh, yessss! I want to die this way! With Parker as executioner and her kisses tool!" Just thinking about it made his temperature increase!

(Oh. My. God.) "I want another one! I WILL NOT wait for other twenty-five years!"

Jarod stood up and paced back and forth. "How can I to make her coming back?" A plan took shape in his mind "First of all... it takes... " He grinned. "... a letter!" After all, the previous letters had worked, she had come twice to him! And she said, in her way, that she cared!

"Yes!" Jarod rummaged in the drawer found a sheet, a pen and he sat at the desk.


My beautiful, adorable,


Jarod smiled mischievously.


sexy Parker


"I have to make her raging, so she'll run here to give me a lesson, but... " He reasoned aloud "... but, with a little push here and there, she... she will kiss me and... and maybe... even... " Jarod closed his eyes and swallowed. "OH. MY. GOD." (It's better to think about the letter)


Your incredible, devouring, passionate kiss left
me with a feeling of insuppressible desire and
burning hunger.



Jarod bit the pen "Maybe I should have to... dare the most? She could always to kill me, don't forget it!" He thought for a moment: Parker on him... her lips... her hands... "Yes! I'll dare!!"


I want you! I want to rip all your clothes off and
kissing you all over, beginning from your eyes,
your lips, down to your neck, your shoulders,
your...




"OHMYGODMYGODMYGOD!!!"



End



Feedback: ste.piro@inwind.it