Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Story Notes:
Thaaanks to Danielle Smiley-face my great beta reader.


Good night, Miss Parker.

This is a mistake. I should never let him get so close. However it’s comfortable to have someone waiting for you, to have someone talking with you about normal things, to have someone always next to you…

What the hell has happened to me? Where is the ruthless huntress who I used to be?

Why are you taking those pills?

I’m tired tonight. And I don’t want to wake you up.

Do you think you’ll escape your nightmares this way?

Stop, Tommy. I don’t want to talk about it.

Your wish is my command.

It’s funny. I have taken too little of them probably. Now I’m not sleeping but I can’t wake up. To open my eyes seems so impossible. But my nightmares haven’t found me. Yet.

You woke up shaking. You should hear yourself  - you were saying strange things. What are your dreams about? I guess it’s nothing nice.

Oh my god, you’re like Sydney. My dreams are my problem. I solve them.

I don’t know who Sydney is but he seems to care for you. And so do I. Asking for help is not a weakness, Parker. It shows you’re too strong to know your limits.

Limits. Bounds restricting you, holding you in one position, showing you can’t break them. Bounds not allowing you to be yourself. My life is full of them but I was raised at  The Centre and I was taught to show my strength. I hate being weak. I hate all nightmares, fears and weaknesses making me a little girl.

I’m fighting with them.

Good night, love.

Now I have someone who matters to me, someone who asked me to leave the life I’m living for him. Is it possible? Leave The Centre behind, set myself free from it all? I asked Daddy for a blessing but maybe I should vanish without a word. Hell, I’m Miss Parker, I’m the chairman’s daughter. Nothing can stop me.

Wake up and look at your life. It brings you only ulcers and nightmares.  Is this what you wanted?

What will I answer him in the morning? I’ve decided. I’ll go with him. There are so many possibilities. I just can’t imagine it now.

I’m looking in Mum’s kind eyes. Is it another dream?

“Angel,” she whispers and I don’t mind being a little girl at this moment.

“Mum do you think I’ll find someone who I’ll love as much as you love Daddy?

“Sure you will.” She smiles and I know it’s truth.

Suddenly some noise turned it all into a nightmare. I’m scared, confused, turning around in circles.

“Mama!”

I see a grave stone.

CATHERINE PARKER

I realize where I am.

“Wake up and look at your life.”

I don’t fear anymore.

“Wake up, Parker.”

So I woke up.





Chapter End Notes:

I will be glad for all reviews.

Thank you:-)