Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

INT. HOUSE IN ROME – DAY


ANDREW

Exactly.

History is made of true facts, most of which are represented by documents. Documents that were made by men.


Jarod

What’re you saying?


Andrew

I’m saying that if supported by strong evidence today, no matter how ludicrous it may seem, a lie today will be a universal doctrine tomorrow. And that is why they want you.


Jarod

Because they think I’m something I’m not?


Andrew

No, because they know the scrolls contain a secret that only you can decipher. It is part of the prophecy. The very same prophecy that announced your birth centuries before it happened.


Jarod is dumbfounded.


ANDREW

When the right time comes, you will understand what I am saying. Right now, let us focus on the scrolls.


JAROD

What does that have to do with the scrolls?


ANDREW

As far as I know, there are twelve scrolls. This information is not accurate, because no one has ever been allowed to read it. Those of us who tried have gone insane. Apparently...


JAROD

Apparently what?


ANDREW

You were in Carthis. What did you learn about the Parker family?


JAROD

I learned that the Crypt Keeper read the scrolls and then killed his family before he went to America.


ANDREW

Where he founded The Centre.

The scrolls were by then under the protection of a very powerful group.


JAROD

The Knights Templar.


Andrew goes to a desk, opens a drawer and retrieves a rolled up painting. He unrolls it and shows Jarod the image.


ANDREW

Take a look.


Jarod examines the painting. It shows a group of nine knights with the Templar cross emblazoned on their backs sitting at a round table. There are three extra vacant seats.


ANDREW

Most historians claim that the Knights Templar were founded by nine men who swore to protect a secret. Yet, as important as the secret may be, it is also significant the fact that they were twelve knights instead of nine.


JAROD

What happened to the other three?


ANDREW

Greed, thirst for power. The quintessential of human nature.

They found themselves with something that could change the world and chose to use it the wrong way.

But, that much was supposed to happen.

The scrolls carry the power of good and evil with them. Three out of twelve went the other way but they left allies in the inner Templar circle that eventually led to their disappearance.

Those three men who left called themselves...


JAROD

The Triumvirate.


ANDREW

Indeed. The Triumvirate has been pulling the strings on worldwide events and ever since its latest changes in leadership its influence has grown considerably wider.

It is our belief that two of the scrolls were hidden in Africa and two others in America.

There are men who have spent their entire lives searching for these parchments. Like a holy crusade. Some suspected what they were, others had absolutely no idea, but they all knew one thing: they meant power to the one who found them.

Throughout the centuries, this has been a quest, undoubtedly one with more followers than the quest for the Holy Grail. It gets even more fascinating if you consider how much information exists about the scrolls, which is virtually none.

Still, The Triumvirate knew about this and so did the Knights Templar. Perhaps not fully, but they had a good idea. And that is what caused their public damnation. All orchestrated, I should tell you. I may not have lived in that time, but I have heard the word passed on from generation to generation.

History can be manufactured, I already told you that, it all depends on what the Powers That Be intend it to be.


JAROD

Where are you getting at?


ANDREW

After its extinction, the Knights Templar dismantled into several orders; all of them claiming to be the true descendents of the Knights of Solomon.

Well, let me tell you this: none of them were and all of them were.


JAROD

I don’t understand.


ANDREW

In order to exist, the order had to disappear. And in order to disappear, it had to reappear with numerous faces. Several lies to hide one truth.

The secret had to be protected and Carthis was the best location to do it. Scotland had already been used when the Knights Templar traveled to the unofficially discovered American continent.


JAROD

The American continent wasn’t officially discovered before 1492.


ANDREW

Officially’ being the key word. Nevertheless, I should let you know, they were not the first ones there. The Vikings had already been there and so had the Egyptians. It is all fabrications, Jarod.


JAROD

That’s why you think there are scrolls hidden in America.


ANDREW

I don’t just think, but let us get back to Carthis.

It was decided that the two most important scrolls would be hidden there and protected at all costs.

I am proud to say my family has guarded that secret for the last six centuries. We gave our lives for it.

You have been in Carthis and you found the scrolls, but there is one thing you have not yet discovered.


JAROD

And what’s that?


ANDREW

There is a map in Carthis that pinpoints the location of all the scrolls.

My grandfather witnessed the madness that possessed the Cryptkeeper. He was his personal assistant and his closest friend. He knew where the scrolls and the map were and that posed a threat to brother Theo.

He managed to escape and hide the map in another location.

The fact that Theo traveled to the United States and then to South Africa to increase his power on The Triumvirate is reason enough to believe that he has read six of the scrolls. It is possible that he has read them all. And if he did, it may be too late to stop him, but we must try it.

We must go to Carthis and find the map.