Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

INT. WHITE’S CAR - DAY


White is furious, his knuckles are white as he grips the steering wheel tight.


WHITE

No one plays with me, missy.


White is so focused on his driving that he doesn’t notice the police car behind him. That is, until it passes by and signals him to pull over.


White sighs, but does as asked.



EXT. ROAD - DAY


One of the two officers exits the vehicle and walks towards White’s car.


OFFICER

License and registration, please.


White opens the glove compartment. He reaches inside, takes out his documents and delivers them to the officer.


He tries to keep his composure, but he knows something is wrong.


OFFICER

(reads the papers, talks on his radio)

Come over here, Dan. I think it’s him.

(to White)

Do you mind stepping out of the car?


WHITE

Is there something with my papers?


OFFICER

(putting a hand on his holster)

Please exit the car, sir.


White exits the car. He watches as officer Dan approaches. So far, nothing is lost.


WHITE

Can I ask what’s all this about?


OFFICER DAN

You sure it’s him, Peter?


OFFICER PETER

(ignoring White, yet keeping an eye on him)

Yeah, the license confirms it.

(turning to White)

We received a call a few minutes ago. About you forcing a young woman inside your car trunk.


WHITE

What? No! That’s insane! Who told you that?


OFFICER PETER

She did. From her cell phone.


White says nothing.


OFFICER DAN

Open the trunk.


WHITE

I can assure you I didn’t kidnap anyone.

I’m on my way home. Just had a long day and-


OFFICER PETER

Open the trunk. Now!


White swallows his anger, goes to his car and opens its trunk. To his surprise, inside he finds Emily bounded with tape at her feet and wrists. He notices her hands are free, the tape bitten off, and she’s holding a cell phone tightly.


She recoils a bit as she sees White’s face.


The look on his face tells he has no idea how that happened.


Officer Peter and Officer Dan draw their guns on White.


OFFICER PETER

Freeze! On your knees! Do it!


White does as told, still dumbfounded.


Officer Peter cuffs him and takes him to the police car.


WHITE

I never saw her! I have no idea how she got there! I swear it’s the truth!


Meanwhile, Officer Dan checks Emily for injuries. After making sure she’s all right, he removes the tape from her ankles and helps her out of the car trunk.


OFFICER DAN

You all right, miss?


EMILY

(nods)

Just thirsty, that’s all.

(takes a deep breath)

He grabbed me at the parking lot when I was walking to my car.


WHITE

(yells out)

That’s a lie, you bitch!


Officer peter twists White’s arm.


OFFICER PETER

Shut up!


EMILY

Check his glove compartment. He told me he had a gun there in case I tried to escape.


Officer Dan leaves Emily’s side and goes to check on the glove compartment.



ON WHITE


White can only watch as Officer Dan retrieves his gun and his ‘Hunter-Folder’ on Emily. Officer Dan shows Officer Peter the snapshots of Emily and the gun.


Officer Peter twists White’s arm harder. White grimaces.


OFFICER PETER

Never saw her, hey?


Officer Dan checks under the seat and finds something else there. Another folder.


OFFICER DAN

I found another folder.

(checks its contents briefly)

It’s filled with newspaper clippings about several rapes occurring on the east coast. All refer an albino as a possible suspect. There’s also a list, with the vic’s names crossed over.


OFFICER PETER

Got anything to say in your defense?


White doesn’t respond.


OFFICER PETER

You have the right to remain silent. You have the right to an attorney...


White stops listening to Officer Peter. He simply looks at Emily. He can’t be sure, but it feels like she’s smiling.