Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Story Notes:
Song:The Geeks get the girls by American Hi-Fi


Author's Chapter Notes:
Song:The Geeks get the girls by American Hi-Fi
 

It was Friday afternoon and a few new computer tech guys had gathered round one of their desks and were talking about their plans for the evening.

"Hey Broots come have a drink with us" Steve asks as he walks by the group.

"Thanks for the offer Steve not tonight" He seams honest enough Broots thinks to himself but he just didn't feel like socialising tonight.

"We know your birthday was a few days ago lets go out and celebrate it" Jake says remembering the card he saw on his desk on Tuesday.

"Um well I don't know" he said apprehensively.

"Come on live a little" Jake urged.

"Ok but lets go before I change my mind" remembering that all he had was an empty house to come home to since Debbie was away at camp.

 


Steve was just coming back from the bar with what must have been their tenth round since they came here.

Some guy over at the jukebox just put on a new song, they played the music loud enough here that you could here it clearly outside as they had when they came in here this evening.

 

Another Friday night, to get the feeling right

At the bar when he sees her coming over

What you gonna do, if she walks up to you

Tongue tied better get yourself together

 

"You wont believe how gorgeous the woman I tried to pick up at the bar, a little icy but man what a looker" Steve brags as he places the beers on the table.

"Yeah right Steve like I think your beer goggles well and truly on" Jake joked.

"If you don't believe me just look for ya self she's the one in the small red dress" Steve said defending himself.

The three of them all look and Broots is the only one who try's to stifle a laugh at who Steve tried to pick up.

"What's so funny Broots?" Steve heatedly asked.

"Nothing it's just that I'm surprised that she didn't shoot you or something" he told them honestly.

"What like you could do better, I dare you to go and talk to her" Steve challenged.

Broots just takes a big sip of his drink in response to the dare.

"Go on don't sit there and take this shit from him go chat her up you can do it. I believe in you" Jake says egging his friend on.

Broots stands up from the table and Steve just leans back in his seat afraid that he's going to hit him.

"Fine" spiting the word at him then downs the rest of his drink in one go.

Broots must have had one way to many drinks as he was really going over there and talk to her against every fibre of his being and better judgment.

 

Pound another drink, to give him time to think

What's your sign hey I think you know a friend of mine

All the stupid lines, that he had ever heard

Wouldn't come to mind he couldn't say a word

 

By the looks of it so had she or something so maybe she wouldn't kill him right where he stands when he asks her this, only one way to find out he thinks.

 

Tonight tonight, he's gonna get it right

Even losers can get lucky sometimes

All the freaks go on a winning streak

In a perfect world, all the geeks get the girls

 

"Miss Parker um hi" Broots said nervously as he gingerly sat on the stool next to her like a lamb to the slaughter.

"Broots what are you doing here I thought the strongest thing you drank was coffee" Parker said genuinely surprised to see him sitting next to her.

"I.. I ah don't normally the reason I'm here the guy who try and chat you up, Steve he and my buddies their new and don't know who you are. Hard to believe I know they ah kinda dared me that I couldn't pick someone as perfect as you, who has their pick of any man you want and I know I'm asking for much, but as a favour to me one of which I would be forever indebted to you could you ah do something to make them think that I at lest have a chance of getting your number or something please I.. please don't kill me I have a child"

Pleading his case to her in one breath while he still had the guts to ask HER of all people something like that.

"Follow me outside"

"What!?" taken aback by what she had just said.

"I'm feeling kind and generous tonight, let's make your little geeks over there think you scored" she tells him with a mischievous grin.

Broots just nodded not wanting to say anything to spoil his extremely good fortune.

They both got up from the stools and headed to the door. Miss Parker and Broots both looked at the guys at the table, she smiled a slightly sudicatve smile at them and he smiled a kind of goofy but proud look on his face.

His mates just stared at him with their shocked looks and mouths in awe, but none were more shocked than Steve and watched as they walked out the door together.

 


Got her holding steady, forget her name already

Sweatin' hard not a smooth operator

She's got it going on, dancing to her favorite song

He's got the line is it your place or mine

She turns and walks away, where did he go wrong?

But waiting by the car, she says what took you so long

 

"Well I um.. I just want to say thank you wow that was amazing I know you didn't need to and wouldn't do it normally, did you see the look on Steve's face " amazed that she had done that.

Miss Parker just leans in and gives him a passionate kiss completely shocking him for the second time tonight.

"I..I.."

"The nights not over yet" She say mischievously grinning at him

 

 


 

Broots opens his eyes and though not really listening to what's being played he hears that his clock radio is on.

 

"It was just a dream" Broots says to himself as he looks around his bedroom a bit dejected. It was still just a dream but it was the most vivid one he had ever had, and it felt so real beyond anything that he had ever dreamed of, that for a moment he thought it might have been. Just than he picks up to the words of the song.

 

The very next day, he guessed she ran away

The one and only in his bed so lonely

 

 "How fitting if only it were true" he thinks to himself.

"You were amazing last night Broots" Parker said with a grin on her face and hands him a cup when she's near the bed not a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

 

But she comes walking in, with coffee and a grin

Crazy as it seems, it wasn't just a dream

And all around the world, people shout it out

The geeks get the girls

 

Dumbfound Broots takes the cup she offers and takes a quick sip it burns but it's real, which means that "THIS IS REAL" his mind screams at him.

 

 

Last night he finally got it right

Even losers can get lucky sometimes

All the freaks go on a winning streak

Shout it all around the world cause the geeks get the girls

 

"Yeah well I.. you Parker you were extraordinary I can't even..."he  stammers

"Just drink your coffee" she said smile still on her face.

He knew most likely that this was never going to happen again but for the first time in his life the geeks get the girl.





Chapter End Notes:

I wrote this down in one sitting on 15/12/07 the idea come to me as I was listening to the song on the bus ride home. I had two little pics pop up in my mind which made me smile and I knew that I just had to write it down when I got home

 

I had similar ideas to write this song fic before only I’ve never been bothered to sit down and do it