Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:

More chapters, oh the joy.

--

Each character is written by a different author (well almost, some writers add on a second later in the story), so to help you readers keep it all straight, each character has a different color.

Writer / Character

Jacci - Mr Cox

KatieQ - Miss Parker

Manoline - Broots, Emily

Tinanaz - Jarod

TLM - Sydney

Whashaza - Lyle, Alex

A new chapter will be posted approximately twice a week, check end notes for when the next is scheduled to arrive


Lyle stabbed the numbers angrily, his mouth set in a tight line. His sister was playing a dangerous game and he was not about to participate. When the very familiar greeting sounded in his ears, he growled, “Just what the hell do you think you’re doing, Sis?”


"My job," she replied smoothly, looking into the rearview mirror at the sulking pretender. "You clearly gave him something, because Jarod is most definitely out of his mind, and that's saying something considering his usual habits. I'm simply protecting what belongs to the Centre.”

“Tell me where you are or I make a phone call and your stooges meet with an accident.”

"Don't waste your breath with an empty threat Lyle. It doesn't suit you," Parker stated uncaringly.

“Oh, it’s not empty, Parker. Say goodbye to Syd.”

"Only an idiot would do away with one of our best trump cards to gain Jarod's cooperation. Do away with his surrogate daddy and you'll kiss any dreams of his cooperation away, Emily or not." Parker spoke strongly, but in reality she was gravely concerned about exactly what her brother was capable of.

“Have no idea what you’re talking about, Sis. Now be a good little girl and tell me where you are or the psychiatrist gets it. And this will be your last warning.”

"I'll tell you where I am, in the middle of Hicksville. I'll be happy to meet you at the Centre in two hours, with one lab rat, signed, sealed and delivered." She countered, ignoring the angry tug Jarod gave on the handcuff that kept him tethered to the seat in front of him.


Lyle swore vehemently. “Are you close to a motel, Parker?”

"That would be the second proposition I received this evening. I'll see you in two hours Lyle, and if anything happens to Syd or Broots, I'll be forced to share your little side activities, more importantly your little sordid scheme with Alex with the big boys in the Tower. I'm sure they will be pleased."

“You don’t want to go there, Parker. There should be a motel less than a mile from your current position. Be there.”

"Where do I not want to go? Last time I checked returning Jarod back to his cage was the Centre's priority, and yet here you are stalling."

“What are you planning, Parker?”

"I'm planning on putting Jarod back where he belongs and ending this, once and for all."

“And you have no feelings about putting your boyhood friend back where he belongs?”

"What do you think I've been doing for the last few years Lyle? My childhood was a lifetime ago, you of all people should know that Bobby." Parker lashed out.

“Don’t ever call me that again, Parker,” Lyle hissed angrily, “Fine, you win. I’ll meet you at the Centre but if you fail in any way I’ll personally sign for your elimination.”

Parker threw down her phone in frustration. What the hell type of game was Lyle playing? She gave an almost concerned look back towards the angry pretender in her back seat as her mind raced to find a solution. Truth was she was severely handicapped without Broots at her side. With sudden resolve she picked up the phone and dialed a familiar number.

"Sam," she commanded, "I'll be at the Dover Court Motel in thirty minutes, meet me there."

Jarod listened to Miss Parker's side of the call with Lyle in disbelief. She really did sound like she was gonna drag him back to the Centre. And it almost sounded like Lyle was threatening Sydney and Broots to keep Miss Parker from taking him back to the Centre. Things were not making sense anymore and Jarod wasn't sure if it was the drugs running through his system or if the situation really was that crazy.

He gave another punch to the headrest he was handcuffed to and then froze. He thought he felt something give in the headrest. Another punch confirmed it, the headrest really was loosening. A plan was forming even as he punched and kicked both seats to keep Parker from getting suspicious.

The next thirty minutes were spent in absolute silence except for the sound of fists and feet hitting the front seats. And if some of the hits were against the rapidly loosening headrest in front of him, then so much the better. Eventually it reached the point where one more hit would remove it from its seat and that's when Jarod stopped hitting it. He started mumbling to himself to give the impression that he was once again falling under the influence of Alex's injection.

"Not gonna go back. No. Not to the Centre. Can't make me. Please, no."

The car left the highway and approached the entrance to the motel. Miss Parker slowed the car to make the turn and that's when Jarod made his move. He gave one last powerful punch to the headrest, which promptly gave way, slid the handcuff up over the remain bar with one hand and opened the back door with the other. Two seconds later he jumped out of the car and took off running.




Chapter End Notes:
Next chapter: Lets say tuesday