Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

 

 

 

Jarod sat on the porch thinking about how his family and he were reunited.

 

---

 

He sat there at the table as he finished eating his dinner when the laptop emitted a beep that he had new mail.

 

Jarod,

 

We have found your Mom. Please come to this address. We have a new house now.

 

Dad

 

He quickly gathered his things and hurried to the car. He was so happy when he found out that they had found his Mom and couldn’t wait to see her again. He drove for a long time and wanted to go more, but it was getting dark and he knew he had to sleep.

 

The following day he had got into his car and continued his journey. Hours later he pulled up to a beautiful Victorian style house. He locked the door and bounded up the walkway barely containing his excitement. He knocked on the door and was let in by his father.

 

His Mom came out of the kitchen and when she saw him she quickly made her way to him and enveloped him in a hug. There were tears in each of their eyes. His brother and sister came down the stairs and he hugged them too.

----

 

 

He couldn’t believe that his family was together all except for Kyle. He wished that Kyle could have felt this way and was sad that he wasn’t here for this reunion. His father came out onto the porch and sat next to him.

 

“What’s the matter?”

 

“I am so happy that we are together, but I wish that Kyle was here to experience this happiness.”

 

“Me too son, me too.”

 

“It was because of me he’s dead. Mr. Lyle had us at gunpoint and he aimed at me and Kyle stepped in front and took the bullet for me. He died in my arms.”

 

“It’s not your fault. It’s the Centre’s fault and Lyle’s fault, but it is not I repeat it is not your fault.” He hugged his son as the tears were starting to flow. “Let it out, son. It’s not your fault, okay. I want you to remember that.”

 

“I will.” He said as he wiped the tears away.