Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Story Notes:

 

This story is a cross-over with the TNT/Warner Bros show Witchblade. Please see Chapter 1 for more background on the premise and main characters in Witchblade. If you are familiar with Witchblade, go ahead and skip to Chapter 2 where the story begins.

Rating: hmm...I chose PG for Sara's occasional cuss word & possibly some mild violence in later chapters.

Timeframe: For The Pretender, this is Post-IOTH. For Witchblade, this is season one, a few weeks after the episode Diplopia; in both cases, I'm estimating it to be Jan 2001.

Disclaimer: This story is a work of fanfiction and as such I do not intend to infringe on any applicable copyrights. Please let me know if you think that I do, and I will remedy it.



Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Hi, all. Long-time reader, first time poster. This story is a cross-over with the TNT/Warner Bros show Witchblade (not the anime show) based on the comic book of the same name. I'm a Witchblade fanfic writer, and this story was written with that fandom in mind. While it helps to be familiar with Witchblade, it is NOT necessary to have watched that show to follow this story. At first, it may seem Witchblade-centric, but I promise that once Jarod enters the story, it very quickly represents both shows equally.

Timeframe: For The Pretender, this is Post-IOTH. For Witchblade, this is season one, a few weeks after the episode Diplopia; in both cases, I'm estimating it to be Jan 2001.

Disclaimer: This story is a work of fanfiction and as such I do not intend to infringe on any applicable copyrights. Please let me know if you think that I do, and I will remedy it.


If you are familiar with the characters from Witchblade, you can skip to Chapter 2.

For those unfamiliar with Witchblade, you may want to at least go to a fansite such as http://www.bladetv.com/story/main_characters/index.htm

to see what they look like (in particular the dreamy Ian Nottingham). Here's a little primer on the main characters (paraphrased and/or copied from the official site & the fansite bladetv.com):

 
The premise, in brief:

While investigating the murder of her childhood friend, NYPD Detective Sara Pezzini comes in contact with an ancient gauntlet, which melds onto her wrist and protects her from harm -- forever changing her destiny. It is the Witchblade, an ancient weapon that heightens her powers of perception and transforms into a formidable sword that is one with its wearer. With an arsenal of amazing powers -- and a mind of its own -- the Witchblade is both a blessing and a curse. Now Sara must learn its secrets in order to master its mystery before it masters her.

 

Sara Pezzini

NYPD Homicide Detective Sara Pezzini is a vexing combination of street smarts, intelligence and beauty. Sworn to uphold the law, Sara will go to any lengths to bring criminals to justice. When she comes in contact with the Witchblade, the ancient weapon stirs to life and affixes itself to her arm, bestowing on her unusual powers that she does not yet understand. As she struggles to discover the truth about her past and the legacy of the ancient weapon, Sara finds herself entangled in the growing mystery of the Witchblade.

Sara has had to endure many heartaches and losses. Her mother died when she was very young. Both her father and her partner, Danny Woo, were murdered. With help from Gabriel Bowman, she continues to learn more about the Witchblade and her past despite Irons' attempts to prevent it. Sara's fighting skills and awareness are magnified by the Witchblade. She has Witchblade visions and flashes that help her solve cases. When she fully harnesses the powers of the Witchblade, she will become too powerful for Irons or anyone else to exploit.

 

Ian Nottingham

Adept at subterfuge and martial combat, Nottingham is a walking lethal weapon. A mysterious -- and deadly -- omnipresence, he has been under Irons' tutelage for most of his life. As Irons' right hand, one of his missions is to monitor Sara's use of the Witchblade. Always nearby when the Witchblade springs into action, Nottingham's relationship to Sara and the Blade remain a mystery at this time -- as is the depth of his relationship to Irons...

His past is still a mystery. He's been with Irons' since he was a child and is rumored to be Irons' son. Although Ian appears tough and capable -especially in his roles as bodyguard, assassin and watcher- he lacks the maturity to be independent and to interact with others in a way equivalent to his age. He over-relies on Irons for support and accepts his role as Irons' servant. He can physically overpower Irons, but still tolerates Irons' criticism and disparagement (and occasional physical abuse). Ever since the Witchblade chose a new wielder (Sara Pezzini), Ian has been monitoring her for the Blade-obsessed Irons. Ian admires Sara for her courage and becomes torn between his allegiance to Irons and his admiration for Sara.


Jake McCartey

A former champion surfer from the West Coast, Jake is now a rookie police detective assigned to train under Sara. Though his laid back style is a bit unconventional for a NY cop, his investigative skills are solid. His admiration for Sara may extend beyond their professional relationship. [We later learn that he is actually an undercover FBI agent working to bring down the White Bulls, a large organization of corrupt police officers in the NYPD.]


Danny Woo

Sara's best friend, former partner and now a ghost, Danny serves as Sara's touchstone, her guardian angel. Danny was killed in the line of duty while he and Sara were investigating reputed mobster and murderer, Tommy Gallo. The Witchblade allows Sara to see and converse with Danny, who continues to help and guide her from beyond the grave.


Gabriel Bowman

Gabriel bowman is a dealer in ancient artifacts who immediately recognizes the Witchblade's value and agrees to help sara research the weapon's past. As one of the few people can trust, Gabriel becomes an important ally and friend.


Kenneth Irons

An eccentric billionaire entrepreneur rumored to have made his fortune through illegal arms dealings, Irons' connection to the Witchblade runs deep. A collector of art and ancient weapons, the Witchblade was in his collection -- on loan to a Midtown museum -- when it was first "found" by Sara. He still bears the scars from his failed attempt to wield the weapon (two concentric circles on his right hand) and is in many ways still possessed by its power. Irons continues to monitor Sara's use of the Witchblade as he runs his diverse corporate empire, Vorschlag Industries, which includes media holdings, real estate and biotech development.

Since he can't own the blade, he tries to control the Witchblade through the woman chosen to wield it. Irons is also involved in projects that involve DNA and reproduction. His brief attempt to wear the blade has prolonged his life. (His birth certificate says he's ninety-six years old in 2001.) His contact with the Witchblade has also bonded him forever to the Blade and connects him to Sara. Irons tries to hide certain facts about the Blade from Sara. He preserved Elizabeth Bronte's body.

Elizabeth Bronte, a former Bladewielder & love interest of Irons, was a WWII spy for the British; because of her uncanny resemblance to Sara, Sara believes that Bronte may be her grandmother. Bronte was killed (murdered?) in a mudslide while touring Botswana with Kenneth Irons (in 1950 or 1951).

 

Captain Bruno Dante takes over Homicide and Special Crimes when Joe Siri retires. Dante uses his position to leverage absolute power over the department. It is immediately clear that Dante dislikes Sara; we later learn that he Is a major player in the White Bulls & was the one who killed her father (following someone else's orders).


Official sites:

http://www2.warnerbros.com/witchblade/archive.html

http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/witchblade/home.jsp