Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and it’s characters don’t belong to me they belong to NBC and TNT and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

Brother and Sister

 

 

Dallas, Texas

 

She sat on the porch watching the children play and their parents watching their children with her husband besides her. She couldn’t believe that she was married. She had met Adam Thompson about a year ago and had fallen instantly in love. She never told him about her family and what had happened to them. She thought that if something happened to her than he wouldn’t be in danger.

 

“I better start cooking dinner.” She got up from the chair and went inside with Adam following her.

 

“Do you need any help?”

 

“No, I’m fine.”

 

After putting everything on the table they sat down to dinner. After cleaning up they went to the living room to watch some T.V. after a while they started to yawn and Emily turned off the T.V. and made their way to the bedroom to sleep.

 

The next day being a Saturday they both had the day off. After cleaning up after breakfast Adam turned on the T.V. and sat down on the couch and Emily went upstairs.

 

Suddenly there was a knock at the door.

 

-----

 

He stood there in front of their house. He couldn’t believe that he had finally found her. He went up the steps and knocked on the door. He was excited about finding his baby sister.

 

Hearing somebody come up to the door he stepped back and waited.

 

“Hello, can I help you?”

 

“Hi. My name is Jarod I’m looking for Emily.”

 

“Why are you looking for her?”

 

“Is she here?”

 

Emily was coming down the stairs as she heard that it was Jarod.

 

“Jarod. Come in please. It’s so good to see you again.” She said as she hugged her brother.

 

“It’s good to see you too. How are you doing?”

 

“Good. And I’m happy.”

 

“I’m glad.”

 

“Emily, who is this?”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. I was so excited about seeing Jarod. I didn’t get to introduce you two.”

 

“Jarod this is my husband Adam. Adam this is my brother Jarod.”

 

“Brother you never told me you have a brother.”

 

“I’m sorry, Adam.”

 

She led Jarod to the living room and they all sat down.

 

“So how are Dad and Jeremy? Have you been in contact with them after you left?”

 

“Once. How did you find me?”

 

“A friend told me where you were. He knew that I was close and could get here in time.”

 

“In time for what.”

 

“They know that you are here.”

 

“How?”

 

He slipped a picture out of his pocket. It was of her helping some children out.

 

“Oh, no. I didn’t know that this was taken.”

 

“You have to pack your things now and leave. I set up a place for now. I had to do it in a hurry, but we would be safe for a while at least.”

 

She nodded. “Adam, we need to pack fast. Get everything you need now.”

 

“But why do we have to leave?”

 

“We need to hurry Adam. I’ll tell you later when were safe.”

 

“Okay.” He replied getting the suitcases out of the closet.

 

She looked around making sure that everything they needed was packed and then closed the door.