Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permis

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

 

Gated

Part 3

 

 

Debbie walked into the house turning to the computer room where she knew where her father would be working at. She wondered what he was doing now that they were here. The room had bookcases around the area; a couple of chairs and by the window was a desk with a computer on it.

 

“Dad, can I talk to you?”

 

“Sure, honey.” He said as he looked up from the computer.

 

“I want to ask you something and can you please be honest with me?”

 

“Sure what is it?”

 

“Who are Jarod and Jeremy? What is the history of Sydney, Jarod and Miss Parker? What did you do while inside the Centre? Why are we here? And what is the Centre?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I was talking to Jeremy and we were watching Miss Parker and Jarod talking on Miss Parkers porch. He said stuff about Miss Parker and Jarod and their history and other stuff. He told me something about Miss Parker chasing Jarod and other stuff. I want the truth daddy.”

 

“Sit down, honey.”

 

Debbie sat down and watched as her father got up and sit in the chair beside her.

 

“It all started a very long time ago when Jarod was just four years old. In the middle of the night Jarod was stolen from his parents and brought to the Centre because he is classified as a pretender, a genius who can become anyone he wants to be. Sydney was his handler putting him though various simulations inside the Centre’s lab. Miss Parkers father was in charge of the Centre and her mother worked there. When Jarod was a little older Mrs. Parker would take Miss Parker to visit Jarod, but then she supposedly died and Mr. Parker didn’t like his daughter visiting Jarod, so he sent her to boarding school. Jarod still did various simulations inside the Centre and never allowed outside. When he got older he found out that the simulations that he did inside the Centre hurt and killed people and he ran away. Miss Parker was working at the Centre, but was pulled back into hunting for Jarod by her father to bring him back. They put Sydney into the hunt for him too because he was the one who raised and molded Jarod into a pretender. Miss Parker and Sydney were the only two who knew Jarod the most. I was working there in the tech center and was pulled from my current job to help in the hunt for Jarod. I would make programs to locate him and tell Miss Parker if there were any results in the hunt and we would go to the place that I found him, but he was never there. While inside the Centre Jarod did a cloning simulation never knowing that it would be used on him. It would be a few years that he’d been out that he would find his father and they in turn would find Jarod’s clone whom by then was named Gemini. Jeremy is Gemini, Jarod’s clone. When the Centre fell Jarod found his family and invited us to stay here with them, so we would all be safe.”

 

“So Jeremy was inside the Centre too?”

 

“He was in a place called Donoterase and brought to the Centre, but he never got the chance to grow up there like Jarod did.”

 

“Jarod saved him?”

 

“Yes, he was the one who grabbed him before he could be taken to Africa. During that time Major Charles was taken and brought to the Centre. Jarod in turn took Mr. Parker and traded Mr. Parker for his father. He almost got away, but Miss Parker was shot. Jarod had to let Jeremy and his father goes, so that they could get away and he stayed behind to help Miss Parker. He was then taken to the Centre and was going to go to Africa like Jeremy was going to go, but Jarod escaped.”

 

“I’ve noticed that when sometimes Jarod comes back from the grocery story and when I’m there with Jeremy they have lots of junk food. They have stuff like ice cream, chips, pez and pez dispensers. And other junk food.”

 

“Because Jarod wasn’t allowed all that stuff inside the Centre. He only had a nutritional supplement while inside the Centre.”

 

“Who are the people who are helping us?”

 

“Those are some people that he’s helped with his pretends. You see since he’s escaped he’s tried to atone for the way his Sims killed and hurt people. He helped many people during the five years he’d been out in the world. He’s even helped me get custody of you. He also helped me one other times too.”

 

“But it wasn’t his fault, daddy. Doesn’t he know that?”

 

“I know it and you know it, but he doesn’t feel that way. I think that he feels that he should have known that his Sims could have been used for bad instead of the way they were supposed to be used.”

 

“I hope that he can find peace and know that it wasn’t his fault.”

 

“I hope so too baby.”