Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permis

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters don’t belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

 

Gated

Part 2

 

 

Jeremy and Debbie watched from the park as Jarod and Miss Parker were talking on her porch. She was waving her arms around and talking to Jarod in a raised voice. They could see Jarod sigh and try to defuse the situation.

 

“Why don’t those two just kiss? Why does it have to be so hard for the both of them? I know they both care for each other.”

 

“What do you mean?” Debbie asking Jeremy not knowing the history between Jarod and Miss Parker. She didn’t even know who Jeremy really was, or Jarod for that matter. She didn’t know what her father did, or what Miss Parker did.

 

“You didn’t know that they knew each other as children?”

 

“No.”

 

“Jarod was in the Centre while her family ran the place. She would visit him sometimes and would sometimes go on adventures there.”

 

“I didn’t know that. I’ve only been inside the Centre once when my father took me there and then had to leave and Miss Parker took me home.”

 

“Miss Parker is a good woman, but she hides behind her pain. She doesn’t want to lose anyone else.”

 

“I know. She was really nice to me when I spent the night at her house.”

 

“I wish that my family would get to know her and Sydney, but there’s too much. They don’t realize that Miss Parker was just a child too. They don’t want to see that Sydney was a victim of the Centre too. They are finally getting to see that your father was a victim too. I know that it’s tearing Jarod apart that they don’t like Miss Parker and Sydney. They just see that Miss Parker was chasing their son and Sydney kept Jarod away from them.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“The history between Sydney, Jarod and Miss Parker.”

 

“I don’t understand.”

 

“Your dad didn’t tell you what he did inside the Centre, or anything about Miss Parker, Jarod, me and Sydney?”

 

“No, no he didn’t.”

 

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have been telling you all of this.”

 

“It’s okay.” Debbie said as she stood up from the bench that they were sitting on. “I have to go.”

 

“I understand.” He nodded as he watched as she walked towards her and her father’s house. He then turned back to Jarod and Miss Parker. They were now sitting down in the chairs on the porch talking.

 

He too got up and made his way to his father and mothers house.