Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

A Few Hours To Spare

She went to him, the first time in a month. She had to be careful not to be seen. She walked cautiously down the alley,
glancing over her shoulder every few steps.

As she made her way toward the end she heard something. A noise. Her head quickly snapped over her shoulder to see what
it was as she slipped into the old decrepit doorway. Careful not to be seen, she peeked around the corner.

"Nothing." She breathed softly with relief.

As she started to step out of the doorway, someone grabbed her. She began to scream when a hand went over her mouth.

"Shh...it's me." He whispered and let his hand go.

"Damn it, Jarod. You scared me!" Parker turned to face him. "You almost got shot." Parker rested her hand on her gun.

Jarod laughed softly. "You didn't have time to grab your gun."

"You want to try it again?" This time Parker's hand rested on her hip.

Jarod pulled her into his embrace and kissed her nose.

"Come on, we don't have much time."

He took her hand and led her around the corner. They entered another doorway and walked up the stairs. When they
reached the door at the top of the stairwell, Parker glanced down one more time.

"Gee, Jarod could you find a place more secret that this?" Parker chuckled.

"We will be safe here." Jarod opened the door and they entered in.

Parker let go of his hand and walked around the room. Just like Jarod, Miss Parker always tried to familiarize herself
with her surroundings. She never knew when she would have to make a quick exit. Jarod knew actually what she was doing.

"There is a back stairwell if you need it." Jarod walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her.

"You never know." Parker tried to laugh but nothing came out.

"What is going on Parker?" Jarod asked in concern.

Miss Parker turned around to face him. "I just miss you." Parker locked her hands around his neck and smiled.

"Same here." Jarod's lips touched hers.

Parker glanced over his shoulder to see a mattress laying on the floor. "Couldn't find a bed?"

"Since I never stay anywhere very long, I didn't see any reason to spring for the bed." Jarod grinned.
"Besides, all we need is the mattress."

"Or the floor." Parker smiled and interlocked her hands with his. She led him toward the mattress.

"I see what you have on your mind." Jarod grinned as he followed her.

"I haven't seen you in a month." Parker turned on her heels and took a seat on the mattress.

"Not true. I saw you last week."  He corrected her.

"From 100 yards away, doesn't count." Parker jerked him down next to her.

"I can't help it. You should have been alone."

"Do you know how hard it is to get alone in that place? If you do mange to be alone they are still watching you."

"Leave. I told you I can help you with that." His voice was hopeful.

"I know." Parker pulled his face next to hers. "The time is just not right."

"When, Parker?  They will kill you before they let you walk away." Jarod touched her forehead with his, she felt warm.

"Just hold me." Parker pulled Jarod's body down next to hers. "I really missed you."

Jarod wrapped his arms around her and held her tight. He brushed her hair back from her forehead. "I missed you too." 
He kissed her forehead.

"Can we just lay here all night?"

"Sure but I figured since you haven't seen me in a month you would want more." 

Miss Parker laughed her evil laugh. "I thought so too but tonight I just want your arms around me."

Jarod intertwined his body with hers. He held her close until she fell asleep. After a few hours, Jarod got up and walked
over to the window. He looked down to make sure no one was watching them. When he thought it was safe, he headed back to
the mattress on the floor, and crawled back in bed with his huntress. This time he laid next to her on his side and watched
her sleep. Since sleep didn't come easily for him, he couldn't think of a better reason to stay awake than to watch the
woman he loved finally sleep in the first time in months.

The End