Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

I don’t want to knowI’m not asking questions anymoreSo tired, so cold, so confusedLies are as good a substitute as any for the truthTell me anything you want me to believeI’ll swallow it, I’ll knit it into my memoriesAnd I’ll move on, blissfully ignorantTell me lies… 

Parker squeezed her eyes shut tapping manicured nails to lips.

 ‘What’s up Syd?’  

she queried shooting him a glare before closing her eyes again. The sound of the jet rising into the air provided a sort of noisy peace, She took a deep breath and let go of all the tension in one long sigh.

 

‘Broots has something he wants me to show you’.

 

Parker looked up trying to gauge the meaning of Sydney’s words coupled with his tone and serious expression.

 ‘Tell him it can wait’.  ‘It’s important Parker, It’s about your father’.  

Parker shrugged relaxing back into the seat.

 ‘I don’t care anymore Syd’, 

she spat tiredly,

 ‘I don’t care who my family is, I’m tired, a few more 1/2 cousins or a half sister can graft themselves onto the family tree if they like, I know who my mother is, we look so much alike they can’t disprove that, It’s all that matters’.  ‘You don’t want to know it’s not Reins?’  

Parker hid her relief well.

 ‘Perhaps I’ll put out an advert, Interview applicants, Hell Lyle can apply for all I care. I’m fed up Syd, I don’t want any more answers, I just want peace.’  

Her expression softened.

 ‘I’ll live a lie if I have to, As far as I’m concerned you are as close to a father I’ll ever have’.  

Sydney smiled gently letting the page Broots had just faxed slip to the seat beside him, A positive paternity test the matching DNA belonging to Parker and himself. His arms closed around her. Sometimes the lies we weave our lives into aren’t so far from the truth.